The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Skill Acquisition

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Cameron Matthews

New Contributor
Jan 14, 2019
Hello everyone I am new to this forum... well I had signed up a long time ago and had forgotten! Anyway, it seems to me that a lot of "Gurus" claim to teach turn people 180 degrees over night . This is obviously not the case. I am realizing that no matter what path you have chosen to take the ability to acquire a skill is actually the the best skill of all. What would you guys say are some of the top skills to try ad acquire in 2021?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

tpuffer

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Sep 12, 2019
Critical thinking. Having an ability to parse through bullish!t is paramount.

404profound

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 27, 2017
Desert of Desertion
"top skills of X year" is a bullshit mindset. You are thinking like an employee. If you want to take control of your life, stop beckoning society to tell you what to do. Use your brain. Look at markets. Spot trends and think of what you need to do to be a hero. Right now the masses are flocking to Blockchain, IoT, and Augmented Reality. They will make a lot of money for a few years, then the labor supply will catch up to demand like it always does, and they will have to chase the next fad. Don't be a fad follower.

Cameron Matthews

New Contributor
Jan 14, 2019
"top skills of X year" is a bullshit mindset. You are thinking like an employee. If you want to take control of your life, stop beckoning society to tell you what to do. Use your brain. Look at markets. Spot trends and think of what you need to do to be a hero. Right now the masses are flocking to Blockchain, IoT, and Augmented Reality. They will make a lot of money for a few years, then the labor supply will catch up to demand like it always does, and they will have to chase the next fad. Don't be a fad follower.
Brutally honest but I appreciate the feedback!

Andy Black

Making a nuisance of himself on Twitter
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hello everyone I am new to this forum... well I had signed up a long time ago and had forgotten! Anyway, it seems to me that a lot of "Gurus" claim to teach turn people 180 degrees over night . This is obviously not the case. I am realizing that no matter what path you have chosen to take the ability to acquire a skill is actually the the best skill of all. What would you guys say are some of the top skills to try ad acquire in 2021?
The skill of building profitable businesses?

WJK

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Oct 9, 2017
Nikiski, Alaska
Before you acquire the ability to learn new skills, you must be open to that experience. It's based upon you being curious about new information and experiences. Open your eyes. Opportunities are all around you. And many skills are universal transferring from business to business.

I personally have a daily learning program. I read. I listen to audiobooks. I watch podcasts. And I'm always open to new hands-on skills.

Andy Black

Making a nuisance of himself on Twitter
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
I thought I would post up the first video from the newest 2021 program content... Just a...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I have not offered one of these in a while, but it looks like I have time to take on an...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Hi Andreas, It is per month, with the first month being half. This is a great question, I...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hi Lex, I looked at several options including Kajabi and settled on the Divi theme on Wordpress...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
The story is BASED UPON a true story. The details aren't entirely accurate or from a distinct...

Forum Sponsor

Grow an online business:
- Start immediately!
- Master business skills!
- 100+ Fastlane students enrolled!
Review & Details >

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!