The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SiteGround, Geekstorage or Namecheap

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Which hosting provider would you choose?

• Siteground

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Geekstorage

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Namecheap

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Any other provider

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

IceCreamAction

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Mar 20, 2016
Trinidad and Tobago
About to finalize hosting provider, title pretty much covers it. Looking at some opinions as I've narrowed down my options.

Looking for votes on poll as I've read various reviews (both on FLF and other sites).
Useful feedback is always welcome and thanks for taking the time to participate.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
What exactly are you going to be hosting? A simple website? A web app? A game? Etc

IceCreamAction

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Mar 20, 2016
Trinidad and Tobago
What exactly are you going to be hosting? A simple website? A web app? A game? Etc
Sorry I should have been a little more specific, a starter website, no games or store to be included for now, at most a website with store in the future, similar to thisiswhyimbroke(dot)com.

G

Guest24480

Be careful with Siteground, they rope you in with a low price and it skyrockets after a year. Fine print type of thing. I personally prefer Hostgator for price and it does the same thing as Siteground, and their cPanel version is newer.

I don’t use managed hosting any more I do everything from scratch on a Digital Ocean Linux VPS (pros: cheaper, faster, and you learn more - cons: more effort to manage)

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I’ve always used siteground and they usually have a $10/yr special for Xmas; after that it’s not that much more than other providers and I’ve never had a single bad experience with their customers service. For domains I use name cheap and I just link both. Namecheap gives you the Whois guard for free. Also all good experiences when getting support.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Be careful with Siteground, they rope you in with a low price and it skyrockets after a year. Fine print type of thing. I personally prefer Hostgator for price and it does the same thing as Siteground, and their cPanel version is newer.

I don’t use managed hosting any more I do everything from scratch on a Digital Ocean Linux VPS (pros: cheaper, faster, and you learn more - cons: more effort to manage)
Hostgator is the absolute worst.

Yeah siteground is worth it for the first subscription but when that goes up 2 or 3x I would look elsewhere.

You can buy the discounted one on your first time for up to 3 years though but that's a lot of time for shit to go wrong with a hosting company.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
Domain Registration = Namecheap
Web Hosting = Siteground

Not sure about Geekstorage

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas

Yeah siteground is worth it for the first subscription but when that goes up 2 or 3x I would look elsewhere.

You can buy the discounted one on your first time for up to 3 years though but that's a lot of time for shit to go wrong with a hosting company.

Gotta be careful of Hostgator affiliates too, tons of them out there that appear to be different companies but just sell hostgator underneath

G

Guest24480

Strange I’ve never had any issues with Hostgator whatsoever, been using them for managed hosting since 2013. Granted I don’t need or use support so I can’t speak on their customer service.

finnyfun

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Aug 20, 2018
Connecticut
Namecheap is a really good host (not like I used any other ones)
There support is pretty good and fixed errors for my own personal site.
My client uses GoDaddy and thats pretty fine but the support button is broken. -.-
Namecheap all the way.

lludwig

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Aug 18, 2018
New York
HostGator is owned by the same company that owns Bluehost and 80 other hosting providers.

Bluehost and HostGator aren't bad for someone just starting out. You get what you pay for.

WP Engine is the next level up if you want a WordPress host.

Nick M.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jul 13, 2018
There's another thread that should help with your hosting question:

At the top, there's a poll about the best host. You may have found it already, but reading through the comments will be insightful.

Keep in mind, this poll is about what hosts you should use besides Bluehost.

What do I use? SiteGround. I rarely have issues, and when I do, their support is lightning fast. Even with email, you often get an initial response within 15-30 minutes.

In terms of pricing on SiteGround, it does get more expensive after your first year. But unlike cheaper hosting providers, they don't overload their servers (meaning your site is faster and runs more consistently).

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
I use namecheap and like them so far. Their live chat is quick and helpful, uptime is great, setting up SSL is quick, and is pretty cheap with no yearly commitments.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Cloudways for hosting.
Namecheap for domain and get GSuite from them.

~$12 / month plan running on Digital Ocean servers. Faster speed than all the hosts listed in your poll.

Source : I've used HostGator and Siteground previously. I agree with one of the poster above, HostGator is the worst.

Patrick Ciora

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Dec 5, 2019
Germany
I personally use this setup:

For hosting: Netcup
For Domain: Namecheap

You can get the cheapest webhosting offer at netcup for 2,20$.
It includes:

- 50 GB SSD storage
- SSL certificate
- 1 free domain (only specific ones)
- SSH access ...

i personaly use a dedicated server for my needs, but you can also choose a VPS to be a bit more flexible.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.