The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should your life change as you get older?

M

M&N

Folks, be happy in your process. Not tomorrow, not next week, not next year, but TODAY. Anyone of us can be gone next month. I'm not going out with regrets.

I was thinking about this lately. I spend most of my time in front of a computer working lonely on my business. Time I will never get back. But I work... hoping that results will provide me with almost unlimited amounts of 'free time' in the future. Sacrifice must be made, we work hard now so we can reap the benefits later. I get it and I do it.

But what if there is no 'later'? No 'future'?

How would you live if you knew you had only 1,2, 5 or 10 years left on this planet?

I started thinking about this stuff due to various, really sad events that I witnessed in my life. Just an example - one of them involve a person, who was just in a wrong place and in a wrong time. He was just waiting on the sidewalk for the light to turn green, two cars smashed into each other and one hit him. Another, more 'worlwide' example - just look at the current situation in Ukraine.

I'm not trying to say you shouldn't work and just do some fun stuff (btw: business also can be fun but you know what I mean). I'm just asking more experienced and wiser people here: what is your happy medium?

PS. One more for entrepreneurs who work on their businesses full-time. Just curious - do you work on weekends like on normal day/don't work at all/just check if everything's good?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Looking back 5, 10 or even 15 years ago... my life is pretty much the same. Just different place, different people, same ole me. LOL

I don't know if that's a good thing or not but for some reason I feel more guilty living the same way now as I did 15 years ago. But why should I? Is it because there is no sense of accomplishment when you're older, but when you're younger it's ok because you don't have that "career" job yet.

Here's what I used to do in my early 20's.
(Lived at home with parents)
Wake up
Go to work
Work out
Play basketball
Eat
Sleep

Mid 20's
Wake up
Go to work
Work out
-- home improvement
-- play basketball
Eat
Sleep

30's
Wake up
Go to work
Work out
-- home improvement
-- play basketball
-- invest in real estate
Eat
Sleep

Now
Wake up
Sort of go to work
-- home improvement
-- play basketball
-- invest in real estate
------- golf (slowly creeping onto this list)
Eat
Sleep
My Short Life in stages

7-14

Wake up
Study
Come home
Go outside
Play cricket
Go home late and get spanked
Eat
Sleep

14-17

Wake up
Study
Come home and play games while pulling off 12 hour gaming sessions on holidays
Eat
Sleep

17-Now (18)

Wake up
Work
Got to uni, work in the back benches
Come home
Continue working
---learn other skills
---read a book
Eat
Sleep

Have to fit in workouts now but work consumes my time. I manage to not get tired because I like my work which I find meaningful (Managing and growing Amazon brands with Amazon Ads)

Last edited:

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
554%
Apr 17, 2022
And just like that, 15 years have passed. :jawdrop:

@biophase How is your schedule now?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
And just like that, 15 years have passed. :jawdrop:

@biophase How is your schedule now?
Wow, I don’t even remember making this thread!
2007 Wake up
Sort of go to work
-- home improvement
-- play basketball
-- invest in real estate
------- golf (slowly creeping onto this list)
Eat
Sleep
It’s basically the same
Wake up
Work very little
Work out
Home improvement/repair
No more basketball, just gym and pickleball
Invest in real estate
A lot of Oculus VR golf
Eat
Sleep

I actually told one of my friends this a few weeks ago. I told him that I feel like my life is the same as it was in 2007 except that I live in a nicer home and have a lot more money to do whatever I want.

Back then I had a 1999 4Runner, now I have a 2018 4Runner. I had a 2002 Santa Cruz mountain bike. Today I have a 2020 Yeti mountain bike. So I’ve stayed pretty much the same but with a bunch of experiences and vacations stuffed in the past 15 years.

In 2007 I had just started my e-commerce business and my day was generally free. However, I was living on $30,000 a year. So I had to watch my money and budget it. Nowadays, I can order DoorDash and afford to tip $5 every meal and I can go get a nice steak or sushi whenever I want.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.