The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Share some of the good habits you have

Anything related to matters of the mind

dkt91

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 15, 2008
Lima, Peru
Healthy habits are one of the most important keys to success. Not just financially but really in every aspect of life. Let's share some of the healthy habits here that we all have developed over the time. It does not matter whether you have acquired the habit more or less consciously or not.

Some habits that have found their way into my life recently:
  • Keep a diary, adding at least one entry every day. Often those entries also include an "image of the day"
  • Connect with a friend by other means than Social Media
  • Daily physical exercise
I am using https://lift.do/ in order to keep track of my habits by the way. Their service is free and they provide an iPhone App (not sure about Android) as well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012
If I feel something has potential, I see it to the end...regardless of what's in the way. It pains me and irritates me if I don't see it through to the end.

If I don't see potential, I drop it or lose interest really quickly (this isn't really good, just wanted to state the opposite side).

Zac Headrick

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 30, 2014
St. Paul, MN / San Diego, CA
Drinking a bottle of water after waking up ,then writing gratitude , then meditating , then exercising and cold shower to finish the morning routine
Good on you for this. One of the best things you can do. I'm still to inconsistent.

cristian tello

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Nov 11, 2013
India
why the gratitude? And how do you do it? I like the idea of doing it!
Paul Mckenna keep on repeatin that "you get more of what you focus on", and giving gratitude shows you the good things in your life,just write 5 things that you are grateful for in a notebook or app everyday. i use this app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fair.my_gratitude_list .

PS:Read ick's thread about zen*******'s secrets,he explains giving gratitude in lot more detail

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
Paul Mckenna keep on repeatin that "you get more of what you focus on", and giving gratitude shows you the good things in your life,just write 5 things that you are grateful for in a notebook or app everyday. i use this app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fair.my_gratitude_list .

PS:Read ick's thread about zen*******'s secrets,he explains giving gratitude in lot more detail

this sounds like law of attraction to me?

HerpMogul

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 23, 2013
Locationless
I agree with @cristian tello tello. I do almost the exact same.

wake up drink 8 oz of water
write things I am grateful for(10)
write my agenda for the day
exercise
eat, big
shower
I also listen to audiobooks on business/entrelife instead of rap...unless heading to the gym or partying..lol
before bed I also read my list and ensure I finished all tasks for the day and think of things to add for the next morning.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I work on vocabulary a little every day. :)

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
Upon waking, drink one liter of water.
Make bed (my day always goes better when I take time to do this)

My most productive times (which are, admittedly, not right now) involved waking up with the sun, followed by meditation, practicing gratitude, then planning out my day & writing down the things I wanted to happen.

I've gotten out of practice with this, but I feel the time coming to make it a priority again.

Cruor Vult

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Feb 18, 2014
Drinking a bottle of water after waking up ,then writing gratitude , then meditating , then exercising and cold shower to finish the morning routine
Simple and powerful. That should get you ready for a good day. Before you even start working, you've already done more that day than most people.

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
I think that my morning routine is probably my best habit, and the part of my day that I look forward to the most.
I typically wake up at 5AM and go to the gym for a couple of hours, come home, eat breakfast and every weekday morning I love to watch the opening bell to the stock market, and I then spend the next hour or so catching up on investing/market news. By 9:30-10:00AM I am ready to get started on work.

I love to start my mornings keeping busy and being productive, because it sets the tone for the rest of the day. Whenever I sleep in past 8 or 9AM, the rest of my day feels much different and much less productive than when I wake up at 4:30 or 5AM.

Era

Light Warrior
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Oct 20, 2012
I think that my morning routine is probably my best habit, and the part of my day that I look forward to the most.

I'm trying to get into the early morning routine habit. Was curious what time you typically go to bed and if you go to bed at the same time every day? Do you ever feel tired during the day?

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
I'm trying to get into the early morning routine habit. Was curious what time you typically go to bed and if you go to bed at the same time every day? Do you ever feel tired during the day?

when I first started doing it, I was tired a lot. for the last 6 years, I've been a night owl. Before, it was normal for me to stay up until 4AM on a nightly basis, so to get out of the habit was hard for me, because I started waking up at 4:30/5AM, but I was still going to bed really late at night. So I was constantly tired.

Now, I normally go to bed at 10 or 11, but every once in a while (like tonight) I can't sleep for whatever reason, and I go to bed at 12AM or 1AM. But no, I don't get tired anymore very often. I think that if you are trying to get into the morning habit, my advice would be to wake up right when you alarm sounds, turn on your light, and get moving immediately, because if you don't, you'll get really tired and want to go back to sleep. It sucks getting into the morning routine, but once it's a habit, it becomes pretty enjoyable

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
The early morning is the best part of the day. That is especially true out here in the desert. Everything is alive and active at that time.

I go to bed at 10 and get up at 5.

Phenom

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Sep 7, 2012
Montreal, Canada
Agree with all the early morning routine.

How you fuel your body is essential in order to keep going during the day. I find eating good food is hard. For lunch,I usually grab the healthiest choice at the food court only to find out the salt/sugar content is too high.

To avoid, this I do meals preparation:1) save time & money 2) healthier. I usually spend 1 hour on the weekend (Saturday) and prepare my lunch (& my son's) for the rest of the week. It's not that hard. Pick a protein (chicken, beef, etc.), pick a carbohydrate (rice, quinoa, etc.) and a vegetable (frozen or fresh broccoli, spinach, etc.) and put it all in plastic tupperwares. Use a microwave to heat it up. Side can be fruits (apple, banana, etc.).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.