The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Services Business

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Hi guys, I decided to quickly pop-in and share what has been happening in the past 4 months or so while being inactive here on forums.

So, I am not going to go into too much detail and go back to painful experience of investing an estimated sum of 20k dollars into a MVP of an app, but it did crash without a proper lift-off. A half year of business development and expectations were flushed down the toilet. I didn't dwell too much in it, instead I launched a business I was always passionate about, but lacked guts to do so.

Fast-forward, I have now rented an office and running services business. I am extremely passionate about the type of service our company provides and am often too excited to go to bed and end up working at the office until the lovely morning sun colorfully lightens Irish fields.

Although I was somewhat discouraged by some forum members. Members who talked crap about each other and tried to convince me that I am not going to make it. Members who talked crap about forum community and especially MJ's methods of openly manipulating forum community members into paying him money for INSIDERS subscription. You know what, F*ck them. F*ck negative people who are nothing but a ditch-diggers who will eventually end up in their own ditch. I am back because the community is still full of hard-working smart members, guys who are supportive and possess a growth mind-set.

I am going to update the process of my business on a weekly basis. Feel free feel to ask me anything related to running a services business in Ireland. I will do my best to answer your questions.

P.S.: Excuse me for possible grammar errors, too tired/lazy to edit my text.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Alex W.

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Sep 30, 2015
Ignore this - accidental posting.

Last edited:

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
@Andy Black has recommended the book "Built to Sell" numerous times. I'm reading it now, and it's fantastic. It's about productizing a service business so that you can sell it later. Even if you don't sell, the principles in the book - told through an example of a marketing/advertising firm turned logo design business - will really help you build your business.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
also, I don't know if your verbiage regarding MJ "openly manipulating community forum members into buying INSIDERS subscriptions" is warranted. I doubt it will be appreciated.

I haven't subscribed to the INSIDERS forum, but have no doubt the value is there. I don't see a problem with MJ encouraging people to buy something of value... this is what we call sales. It's kind of the whole point of everything we do here. If you don't like it so much, not sure why you stick around.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Appreciate your input, going to get that book from bookdepository tomorrow. As per MJ, I said that " Members who talked crap about forum community and especially MJ's methods of openly manipulating forum community members into paying him money for INSIDERS subscription." I didn't use proper grammar symbols and probably emphasized by sentence in a wrong way - the sentence tried to convey the message that I was pissed-off with members talking crap about TFL community and MJ's forum business model.

Personally I don't have anything against MJ, in contrary, the guy has sparkled sprinkles of magic all over us in this forum! He is amazing guy and deserves all of the money he makes. I wish nothing but only the best of luck for him.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Appreciate your input, going to get that book from bookdepository tomorrow. As per MJ, I said that " Members who talked crap about forum community and especially MJ's methods of openly manipulating forum community members into paying him money for INSIDERS subscription." I didn't use proper grammar symbols and probably emphasized by sentence in a wrong way - the sentence tried to convey the message that I was pissed-off with members talking crap about TFL community and MJ's forum business model.

Personally I don't have anything against MJ, in contrary, the guy has sparkled sprinkles of magic all over us in this forum! He is amazing guy and deserves all of the money he makes. I wish nothing but only the best of luck for him.

ohhh my bad. I misinterpreted your comment. It makes sense rereading it. Thanks for the clarification.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi guys, I decided to quickly pop-in and share what has been happening in the past 4 months or so while being inactive here on forums.

So, I am not going to go into too much detail and go back to painful experience of investing an estimated sum of 20k dollars into a MVP of an app, but it did crash without a proper lift-off. A half year of business development and expectations were flushed down the toilet. I didn't dwell too much in it, instead I launched a business I was always passionate about, but lacked guts to do so.

Fast-forward, I have now rented an office and running services business. I am extremely passionate about the type of service our company provides and am often too excited to go to bed and end up working at the office until the lovely morning sun colorfully lightens Irish fields.

Although I was somewhat discouraged by some forum members. Members who talked crap about each other and tried to convince me that I am not going to make it. Members who talked crap about forum community and especially MJ's methods of openly manipulating forum community members into paying him money for INSIDERS subscription. You know what, F*ck them. F*ck negative people who are nothing but a ditch-diggers who will eventually end up in their own ditch. I am back because the community is still full of hard-working smart members, guys who are supportive and possess a growth mind-set.

I am going to update the process of my business on a weekly basis. Feel free feel to ask me anything related to running a services business in Ireland. I will do my best to answer your questions.

P.S.: Excuse me for possible grammar errors, too tired/lazy to edit my text.
I like providing a service. Good for you.

"Built to Sell" and "The 7 Day Startup" are excellent (although it sounds like you've already started up).

Some podcasts I found helpful (although am not blindly following):

Alex W.

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Sep 30, 2015

Woops. I also misinterpreted your comment - apologies. Deleted my smart a$$ response.

Best of luck man - glad to see you're back around.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
4th week update: Completed a website and all paperwork (taxes, terms and conditions, contract, scripts, information package, questionnaire and referral scheme).

This week's goals: Memorize a script and close 1 deal.

Current state: health is not the best, 39.5 temperature, throat infection etc. Listening to Grant Cardone podcasts while in bed.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.