The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SEO in 2017, IT'S ALIVE!

quanttastic

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Dec 7, 2013
You might try checking out some of the stuff from backlinko. That site is probably one of the best on SEO. Has amazing case studies.

On really counterintuitive thing is that google will penalize your site if you have a lot of pages that don't get a lot of traffic or do well. So he is encouraging a lot of sites to take down content that isn't popular.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hughjasle

AutoPilot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Dec 25, 2012
Anywhere with internet
Fantastic insights everyone! Thanks so much for the detailed information and case studies.

I used to be on the SEO bashing side of things and 100% for paid traffic. I was wrong. SEO can be an extremely powerful tool, even more powerful when coupled WITH paid traffic. Doesn't have to be one or the other.

Just a side not here, but it always fascinates me how one can earn so much money by mastering any one thing and being smart about business. Paid traffic, Social Organic Traffic (think fb and insta pages/groups), Search PPC, Email marketing, Amazon, Shopify, Google Analytics, Coding, SEO, & countless others. I just mention things in my immediate realm but I assume this is true throughout many areas.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
Might want to track whats actually going on in YOUR niche than taking generalized SEO principles. This is what has hurt a lot of people new to SEO ( IMHO, from someone that's been doing this for over 20 years now ) who took generalized advice and then did the wrong thing with it.

This idea is what I created my 3rd SaaS all around... finding out what's actually going on in your SEO niche specifically via monitoring over the long term and reverse engineering what actually is going on for YOUR specific needs.

We have a free plan you can use.

• See how your competitors go and down over time, what they did and when they did it and how Google treated them for it.

• Find those competitors about to take over page 1 that might be a threat to you that you would have never known about.

• Find out if a niche or term is too volatile for you possibly. Find a better alternative that has easier to rank for traffic.

• Is that a manual penalty, a real algo update, or rumblings in the SERPs? Many times algo updates go unpublished or not talked about. There was a bigger update after FRED no one else spotted but us. We found it before anyone else.

• Is your SEO really working, or did 4 other people above get whacked with an update?

• Lots of other cool things that many other "big dawgs" are desperately trying to copy from us.

https://www.serpwoo.com/ - SERP Analysis

Sorry to put this plug here, but it's highly relevant to the topic at hand and I am pushing the free account. I think if anything it could help. Mods please remove if this is against rules.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.