The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SEO in 2024 Thread

Marketing, social media, advertising

Bounce Back

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 30, 2023
Florida
Spinning this off from the Random Chat thread. Just going to continue where it left off but everyone feel free to join in with anything SEO related. Most when searching the site at this point were a little out of date or spread out.

@MTF thanks for the recommendation for the keyword research tool lowfruits. So far I am liking it but with the credits I've used so far not identified any "low fruits" - going to keep plugging away. Do you usually go for a certain minimum number of "apples" or whatever they are before you spend time on making an article?

RE: Koala vs surfer. For now as SEO is not my big focus I am going to just start with koala as it is a bit cheaper and grow into Surfer (or at that point maybe hire someone to take over SEO externally). I think free tier SEMRush + Koala may suffice for now on that but maybe I am wrong here as I am ignorant of SEO and its tools to be honest. But still plan to watch a couple review videos of them being used as the view I've seen using Koala seem to still use Surfer in the videos haha.

You also had mentioned Yoast - I got it installed on my wordpress site - do you recommend the paid version?

I've also seen a lot of people mention monitoring Google provided site tools - is that something you worry about or check in on from time to time?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
So far I am liking it but with the credits I've used so far not identified any "low fruits" - going to keep plugging away. Do you usually go for a certain minimum number of "apples" or whatever they are before you spend time on making an article?

You're either in a super competitive niche or you're still going after very broad keywords. I can always find dozens of low hanging fruits with pretty much any search. Whether I go after it or not depends more on whether I want to write a given article than just the keyword stats. You'll get traffic from many more keywords than just the single one you're going to target.

You also had mentioned Yoast - I got it installed on my wordpress site - do you recommend the paid version?

I see no reason to use it but maybe I'm uneducated.

I've also seen a lot of people mention monitoring Google provided site tools - is that something you worry about or check in on from time to time?

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Google Search Console? If so, then yes, I use it regularly.

Bounce Back

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 30, 2023
Florida
You're either in a super competitive niche or you're still going after very broad keywords. I can always find dozens of low hanging fruits with pretty much any search. Whether I go after it or not depends more on whether I want to write a given article than just the keyword stats. You'll get traffic from many more keywords than just the single one you're going to target.

I was just playing with the trial credits so tried to be direct - I want to make content for my commercial cleaning SAAS I am planning to launch later this year. So the seed I used in lowfruits was "commercial cleaning software" . It returned about 30 options to pick from and when I cut out basically duplicates and ones that would be attracting the wrong type of audience (ex: "free X") I selected these 10 or so and non had more than 2 apples/weak spot indicators:
1708475317958.png

There is no way that can be the only seed to use so I am guessing it mostly comes to the strategy of picking more/better seeds. My thought is I have to think of seeds around things the cleaning business owners would search for right?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
There is no way that can be the only seed to use so I am guessing it mostly comes to the strategy of picking more/better seeds. My thought is I have to think of seeds around things the cleaning business owners would search for right?

Exactly. Keyword generation seems easy but it's not. You have to be very creative and very in tune with what people interested in your website may search for. I'd definitely target articles covering everyday topics owners of cleaning businesses are interested in.

Bounce Back

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 30, 2023
Florida
Does having Google Analytics installed on your site or not impact search rankings? I know it shouldn't but does Google do it as a penalty to those that don't put its tentacles on their site?

If it doesn't - does anyone have preferences for non-Google alternatives that play nicely with wordpress (and potentially have apis to use in a web app)? Preferably free.

Eridius

Mediocrity Getaway
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 22, 2020
In recent days, there's been a lot of talk about the Google SPAM update from March.
Isn't anyone worried about the poor-quality content?

Anyway, opinions that would interest me are about link building. Is anyone still paying for them? Do you get a positive ROI?

I've changed a lot of link-building providers in recent months. The latest ones I've settled on are those from FatJoe. Does anyone have experience with them? They seem quite well-known

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.