What do most of you say to yourself? I had a mentor that is very wealthy drill into my head to get rid of anything negative. Down to the smallest thing.Even things like giving directions-"go down two blocks and turn at the red light". He said to me how do you know the light is red? Why do you assume it will be red when you get there? Now; he pointed that out to make me aware of what I was saying. Another thing was he would ask me a question like" are you going to hit that goal"? I would say I'm working on it. That was a big one for me! He would flip out! "Your working on it"? Terrible he would say. It leaves too much hanging.It's not definate. He wanted to hear done."Are you going to hit that goal"? It's done! Even if it's not yet you can tell much better verbage with "It's a done deal"!
I bring this up because a lot of people on the fastlane forum are still working. Now they are working on getting out of the rat race , but still working. How long are you going to be in that situation? Is your selftalk positive? Did you set a goal and put it on the wall to see everyday?In one thread a person was saying "I hope I can find something soon". Bleath, terrible.Hope! You gotta know...I hear people say "I would like to so and so". It should be " I'm doing"- I am leaving my job because I've created a business that is becoming more successful everyday!
I watched an interview with Michael Phelps. They asked him if he thought he would win all 8 gold medals.What do you think he said? Not "I think so" he didn't say "well I guess I could"- HE SAID YES!!!!!!!!! Because he could.You have to know you are creating a million dollar biz before you even start. Too much wishy washy talk will leave you uncommitted.If you put something really important on the line your verbage would be completely different.You have to work at it everyday.Most of us are way harder on ourselves than anyone else. If you had a spouse or boss talk to you the way you do, you would be really hurt.If you make a mistake do you say"I'm so stupid"? Keep saying that guess what will happen!
"You are what you think about most often"- Earl Nightngale
What do you think of yourself and where are you going?
Like Nike says-Just Do It...
M&T...
I bring this up because a lot of people on the fastlane forum are still working. Now they are working on getting out of the rat race , but still working. How long are you going to be in that situation? Is your selftalk positive? Did you set a goal and put it on the wall to see everyday?In one thread a person was saying "I hope I can find something soon". Bleath, terrible.Hope! You gotta know...I hear people say "I would like to so and so". It should be " I'm doing"- I am leaving my job because I've created a business that is becoming more successful everyday!
I watched an interview with Michael Phelps. They asked him if he thought he would win all 8 gold medals.What do you think he said? Not "I think so" he didn't say "well I guess I could"- HE SAID YES!!!!!!!!! Because he could.You have to know you are creating a million dollar biz before you even start. Too much wishy washy talk will leave you uncommitted.If you put something really important on the line your verbage would be completely different.You have to work at it everyday.Most of us are way harder on ourselves than anyone else. If you had a spouse or boss talk to you the way you do, you would be really hurt.If you make a mistake do you say"I'm so stupid"? Keep saying that guess what will happen!
"You are what you think about most often"- Earl Nightngale
What do you think of yourself and where are you going?
Like Nike says-Just Do It...
M&T...
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
