The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Self Talk

M&T

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 2, 2007
Hershey, Pa.
What do most of you say to yourself? I had a mentor that is very wealthy drill into my head to get rid of anything negative. Down to the smallest thing.Even things like giving directions-"go down two blocks and turn at the red light". He said to me how do you know the light is red? Why do you assume it will be red when you get there? Now; he pointed that out to make me aware of what I was saying. Another thing was he would ask me a question like" are you going to hit that goal"? I would say I'm working on it. That was a big one for me! He would flip out! "Your working on it"? Terrible he would say. It leaves too much hanging.It's not definate. He wanted to hear done."Are you going to hit that goal"? It's done! Even if it's not yet you can tell much better verbage with "It's a done deal"!
I bring this up because a lot of people on the fastlane forum are still working. Now they are working on getting out of the rat race , but still working. How long are you going to be in that situation? Is your selftalk positive? Did you set a goal and put it on the wall to see everyday?In one thread a person was saying "I hope I can find something soon". Bleath, terrible.Hope! You gotta know...I hear people say "I would like to so and so". It should be " I'm doing"- I am leaving my job because I've created a business that is becoming more successful everyday!
I watched an interview with Michael Phelps. They asked him if he thought he would win all 8 gold medals.What do you think he said? Not "I think so" he didn't say "well I guess I could"- HE SAID YES!!!!!!!!! Because he could.You have to know you are creating a million dollar biz before you even start. Too much wishy washy talk will leave you uncommitted.If you put something really important on the line your verbage would be completely different.You have to work at it everyday.Most of us are way harder on ourselves than anyone else. If you had a spouse or boss talk to you the way you do, you would be really hurt.If you make a mistake do you say"I'm so stupid"? Keep saying that guess what will happen!
"You are what you think about most often"- Earl Nightngale
What do you think of yourself and where are you going?

Like Nike says-Just Do It...

M&T...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
. .

MsMoney

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 1, 2008
Valencia, CA
M&T, Great share! Have you ever seen the movie "The Secret" ? Not only do you want to SAY the right words, you need to visualize them too.

The wall that faces my desk (in my home office) is full of a variety of pictures and words.

At night, I listen to a CD called "Success Through Hypnosis...30 Days to Purpose & Prosperity". I listen to this so that it will change my subconscience thoughts...ones I may not know I have.

I am committed to doing whatever it takes (as long as it is moral & legal) to get me to my goals.

Great share! Keep 'em coming!!

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

"Do or do not, there is no try" I tell people something similar everyday! I can not stand hearing "Im trying". Trying is excuse for not doing. Don't try to do something just do it!!!! Good thread!

M&T

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 2, 2007
Hershey, Pa.
MsMoney,
I have not seen that movie but I will look it up.Thank you! I also listen to the selftalk. Dr.Shad Helmstedder.I will give the one you suggested a listen also.
No one is as positive as Yoda! Love the Star wars!!! We need to make a smiley face guy with a light-saber. HEHEHEHE

MsMoney

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 1, 2008
Valencia, CA
I have a pretty good share about this subject....My Pastor at my church 2 weeks ago talked to the congregation about creating your own vision book. He showed everyone in the church his, it was a small binder (that you could put in your pocket) and it had pictures and words in it. He was explaining to everyone how he takes it out and looks at it to keep him on track.

I just remembered that after reading some more of your posts today and thought how cool it is that I got hooked up with a church like that (as it is not your "traditional" type).

I agree M&T...where's the light saber smiley?? :p

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I have a pretty good share about this subject....My Pastor at my church 2 weeks ago talked to the congregation about creating your own vision book. He showed everyone in the church his, it was a small binder (that you could put in your pocket) and it had pictures and words in it. He was explaining to everyone how he takes it out and looks at it to keep him on track.

I just remembered that after reading some more of your posts today and thought how cool it is that I got hooked up with a church like that (as it is not your "traditional" type).

I agree M&T...where's the light saber smiley?? :p

Oh wow, what an awesome idea. A pocket size vision book. Thanks for sharing that. +++speed.

M&T

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 2, 2007
Hershey, Pa.
Thanks for sharing that Msmoney.+++rep Great idea...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.