The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SCALE or KILL - Online Clothing Business

lecym17

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 12, 2023
Hi everyone,

So I have this business, and it just mark its first this month of October, we have a 100+ 5 star reviews on our Facebook Page, all from our happy customers, but the bottom line is.

Its just paying the bills and not changing my life, now I am asking myself if I will still SCALE and continue this business or just let it die and change to a more online and scalable business like selling digital products.

Can you suggest some of the things that I might be overlooking in terms of my business?

I provide lots of values on my customers, we make sure quality of our shirts are on top, customer services are top-notch. The problem is , its not that strong to change my life

Here's some of the breakdown:

Earning around 30-50k pesos per month in profit.
Selling shirts for 700-900 pesos with a clean net profit of 200pesos per shirt. In our country that price of shirt is premium and quite expensive.

Minimum sale of 10 shirts per day maximum of 20 shirts, but need to spend 2,500/day on FB Ads

I have someone answering inquiries for me with a commission of 25-50pesos per sale.

Now its consistent but as you can see, I am not even making 100k/month with this model. I am selling online so I am reaching customers and audience all over our country.

Just need some of your inputs for this. Thanks e everyone.IMG_20231016_164143.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Congrats on getting this far! Making profitable sales everyday is awesome.

Are you making any offers to customers who already bought from you?

Are you only using fb ads?

Do you know anything about the people buying from you?

lecym17

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 12, 2023
Congrats on getting this far! Making profitable sales everyday is awesome.

Are you making any offers to customers who already bought from you?

Are you only using fb ads?

Do you know anything about the people buying from you?
yes as of the moment my resell is around 30-40% because I have a facebook group dedicated to my customers, non-buyers are not allowed to join the group.

right now I'm stuck and can't breakthrough the income line of 100k per month.

lecym17

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 12, 2023
You could try reaching customers in the US and Canada and try TikTok or YouTube for Ads, both can free?
as of the moment, my designs and quality of shirts are handpicked by me, to preserve quality thats why I can't reach the international audience.

I am looking at printful/printify but I am worried about the shipping time and quality because I cannot quality check it by myself and worried that it may affect my good branding.

lecym17

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 12, 2023

lecym17

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 12, 2023
Hi everyone,

So I have this business, and it just mark its first this month of October, we have a 100+ 5 star reviews on our Facebook Page, all from our happy customers, but the bottom line is.

Its just paying the bills and not changing my life, now I am asking myself if I will still SCALE and continue this business or just let it die and change to a more online and scalable business like selling digital products.

Can you suggest some of the things that I might be overlooking in terms of my business?

I provide lots of values on my customers, we make sure quality of our shirts are on top, customer services are top-notch. The problem is , its not that strong to change my life

Here's some of the breakdown:

Earning around 30-50k pesos per month in profit.
Selling shirts for 700-900 pesos with a clean net profit of 200pesos per shirt. In our country that price of shirt is premium and quite expensive.

Minimum sale of 10 shirts per day maximum of 20 shirts, but need to spend 2,500/day on FB Ads

I have someone answering inquiries for me with a commission of 25-50pesos per sale.

Now its consistent but as you can see, I am not even making 100k/month with this model. I am selling online so I am reaching customers and audience all over our country.

Just need some of your inputs for this. Thanks e everyone.View attachment 51908
to everyone who input their feedback, it is all highly appreciated and as my way of thanking. I'll update this thread with progress and results.

wanttogofaster

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Sep 2, 2019
as of the moment, my designs and quality of shirts are handpicked by me, to preserve quality thats why I can't reach the international audience.

I am looking at printful/printify but I am worried about the shipping time and quality because I cannot quality check it by myself and worried that it may affect my good branding.

How long does shipping from your location to the US/Canada take?

You could have a partner or a company that can fulfill those orders. You will need some inventory in the US or Canada but that will help with shipping times.

My only concern would be if the shirt designs/printings would not work in other locations. Thinking of the Colorado flag shirts that were popular a few years ago. I do not see someone in Canada wearing one of those, for example.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
A few years ago I worked with a small T-shirt company and got them to $100k USD/mo in revenue using Facebook ads. Highest spend $22k/mo

The only thing that worked was testing new designs every week and seeing how well they performed. The ads were dead simple: show the shirt, measure reactions and conversions. If profitable, scale up. If not, kill it. Test the same design multiple times in different months to be sure.

Eventually a design would burn out, or sell out.

They had bigger issues, though. They simply could not produce enough. If we got a winner it would sell out in 2 weeks. Their fixed costs were really high despite their variable costs being low. They held their own inventory but did not have their own printing equipment. As a result they had a long lead time. Maybe you don't have these issues and can scale more easily. Or maybe you have other issues preventing you from scaling and it's just that your ads don't perform nearly as well as they should.

I promise you, there's a T-shirt design you could be selling that will outperform your biggest winner.

We sold in the USA primarily. Price points were MUCH higher than yours. I think this is relevant because you could probably be doing much better if you were able to make a higher unit profit.

With that said, I recommend this thread:

Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
@lecym17 Here are 2 white shirts:

Shirt 1 - Brand: Hanes, Price: $5.82

Shirt 2 - Brand: Louis Vuitton, Price: $695

Shirt #2 sells for a whopping 119 times more than shirt #1.

Why is that? Because of the brand. They make people feel high status and powerful.

Stop selling t shirts and start selling emotions and identity.

Start thinking about your hobbies and interests. If you aren't sure, then think of the TV shows that you watch, the social media you consume, the places you spend your time. Next, think of the communities around those things. Think of what those people really care about, learn their language, and then turn that into shirts and Facebook ads.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
2 options to break the revenue barrier:

Option 1) More shirts to sell to the same people.

Option 2) More people to sell the shirts to.

Sounds like facebook ads are working for you, but it's not the only channel you can sell shirts in. Tried Tik Tok yet?

lecym17

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 12, 2023
How long does shipping from your location to the US/Canada take?

You could have a partner or a company that can fulfill those orders. You will need some inventory in the US or Canada but that will help with shipping times.

My only concern would be if the shirt designs/printings would not work in other locations. Thinking of the Colorado flag shirts that were popular a few years ago. I do not see someone in Canada wearing one of those, for example.
for now I am looking on a POD type of business model, to make this reach on international audience.

lecym17

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 12, 2023
A few years ago I worked with a small T-shirt company and got them to $100k USD/mo in revenue using Facebook ads. Highest spend $22k/mo

The only thing that worked was testing new designs every week and seeing how well they performed. The ads were dead simple: show the shirt, measure reactions and conversions. If profitable, scale up. If not, kill it. Test the same design multiple times in different months to be sure.

Eventually a design would burn out, or sell out.

They had bigger issues, though. They simply could not produce enough. If we got a winner it would sell out in 2 weeks. Their fixed costs were really high despite their variable costs being low. They held their own inventory but did not have their own printing equipment. As a result they had a long lead time. Maybe you don't have these issues and can scale more easily. Or maybe you have other issues preventing you from scaling and it's just that your ads don't perform nearly as well as they should.

I promise you, there's a T-shirt design you could be selling that will outperform your biggest winner.

We sold in the USA primarily. Price points were MUCH higher than yours. I think this is relevant because you could probably be doing much better if you were able to make a higher unit profit.

With that said, I recommend this thread:

Got this! my only challenge in the ads was scaling up. At first I was afraid to do 2,500 per day (this is a high budget in my country) on ads, but fortunately it worked now I am looking at 5,000 per day ads now to scale cause right now I got a winning audience.

lecym17

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 12, 2023
@lecym17 Here are 2 white shirts:

Shirt 1 - Brand: Hanes, Price: $5.82

Shirt 2 - Brand: Louis Vuitton, Price: $695

Shirt #2 sells for a whopping 119 times more than shirt #1.

Why is that? Because of the brand. They make people feel high status and powerful.

Stop selling t shirts and start selling emotions and identity.

Start thinking about your hobbies and interests. If you aren't sure, then think of the TV shows that you watch, the social media you consume, the places you spend your time. Next, think of the communities around those things. Think of what those people really care about, learn their language, and then turn that into shirts and Facebook ads.
Thanks for this, will do more research on this.

lecym17

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 12, 2023
2 options to break the revenue barrier:

Option 1) More shirts to sell to the same people.

Option 2) More people to sell the shirts to.

Sounds like facebook ads are working for you, but it's not the only channel you can sell shirts in. Tried Tik Tok yet?
I tried tiktok but right now I am selling high-ticket, and as far as the echo given to me. They can't afford the price because majority of my customer avatar based on my datas from facebook ads are parents/adults, and audience in the TIKTOK are quite young and don't have buying power.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.