The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sales page to warm audience has a 1% conversion... how can I improve?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Have you experimented with vinyl vs CD?

Also, just curious, what’s your goal? To make a few grand a month? Or to blow up into a worldwide sensation? Or something else?

I can't experiment with vinyl at the moment, the minimum order for vinyl comes to about £1000.

Ultimate goal is to have the time to focus on creating music with a semi-passive marketing system making sales and bringing people into my ecosystem.

The goal with the ads and funnel is to break even on the ad spend so I can scale things up and create a list of buyers. Then I can crowdfund the next album and have a list of people probably interesting in some sort of MRR service I create

Your music is right up my alley. I'm a bit of a metalhead myself, and I'm impressed you got Doro on your album!

Getting people to purchase a physical copy of a CD is not going to be easy, and you're charging over $40 for it. Wow! I assumed it was a free + SH offer with a T-shirt as an upsell. Casual music fans would never pay that much for some music; only the hardcore fans would. That's okay, but I don't know how 'warm' your list actually is. Is it a list of proven buyers who also interact with you on social media, or is it a list of people who have taken a free download of your music?

From a copy perspective, you're not really selling the purchase at all. Your story really isn't all that interesting. We're not buying the dream because buying your album is not going to help us identify with you or achieve what you've achieved. People buy into stories in order to identify with it somehow, and when you're selling a product, you need to either (1) sell becoming part of that story (think crowdfunding) (2) sell the story being the lead in to a solution to a problem (think selling a skin care product made by Cindy Joseph or something), or (3) sell having that story become the customer's story (think a 'get rich' product)

Why should I buy your music, even if I like it, when I can listen to it somewhere else for free?

@csalvato had a good idea: test vinyl vs. CD and sell it as a collector's edition with a very limited run. 100 available, 500 available, etc.

I assume you've read '1000 True Fans', if you haven't go read it.

Thanks J!

The warm audience is a list of people who have opted in for a download. Some of them comment on my social media / blog / reply to the emails (I respond to everyone).

Do you think I should lower the price? The unit cost of the CD is £5.09, so I can afford to make the retail price a lot less (currently its £15... ). I didn't really have any idea on how to set the price. What sort of price would make the purchase (either CD or a download) a "no brainer" impulse buy for you?

At the moment, you can't listen to it somewhere else for free. My music is only available on my website, it's not on streaming platforms.

Thank you for the pointers on stories. I'm going to have a think on those and rewrite that section of the page.

I've read 100 true fans - great theory!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Colors dude. Why is this black and white???????

Use colors. Make me feel a lot more without having to read or do anything.

Some of this is closer to Hard Rock than Classic Heavy Metal. As your album progresses it seems to get more metal? It's the drumming. Perhaps that is what you desired. Your guitar work is excellent throughout, judging by the sample.

And lol track 8...I did not expect some melodic death metal in the middle of it. haha. Your growl is pretty great! But straight up I would imagine the majority of classic/speed/power lovers to not appreciate it. There is a serious divide in the metal world between clean/harsh singing and growlers/snarlers. Though I imagine you know this? Ballsy choice.

Thanks man. That song was meant to be a bit of a surprise. Yeah I know metalheads love to get divided over specifics of sub-genres, but I wanted to try writing a mix of songs... so I did.

Now I'm going to rip up your page thoroughly. I hope it helps! I also know it's way easier to criticize than create.

Overall you do a lot of "This is the product" as opposed to "This is the benefit".

My reaction is...No. Why? What does it do for me? You're selling me this hard out of the gate when I have zero feelings or care? Strong No reaction.

How about, "Enjoy furious riffs with a classical twist and passionate vocals to headbang in Sam Russell's latest album: Impetuous Desire"

I don't care. Woopie F*ck. Why suggest I need to learn how to buy something? Is this something different or complicated?

How about, "Groundbreaking new album and official t-shirt available now!"

I'm a new potential fan. I haven't checked out your music over the last few days. So this is confusing.

I would address old fans and separately address new fans. But keep it short. 1-2 sentence max.

Honestly, this is just dumb. You're telling me what an album is. I know what an album is. o_O

Odd comedy. Pointless stating facts. 'Great' is a bullshit qualifier I instantly dismiss.

How about, "Show off your love for Sam Russell by wearing the official shirt to your next concert".

I don't love this wording. I would include the name of the album. 'Buy Your Copy of Impetuous Desire Now'.

I get what you want to do here. But most people don't really care about your journey BEFORE they already like your music. Make maybe 1-2 sentences that describe the journey culminating into the album.

Let your riffs speak for itself. If anything I'd like to know what other bands are your influences.

Don't ask for permission. Do metalheads expect niceness and passivity? I think not.

How about: "Here's a sample of the tracks to get a taste of what's in store for you"

Make me feel like you're doing me a favor by letting me listen to your tracks. Which you are.

Actually, I would put the entire section with your huge album cover and the samples to the first thing I see after the headline and subheadline.

At first I thought the woman holding the album was Sam Russell. You made me think unnecessarily.

Next what is going to make me buy more than anything, and I have bought over two dozen album in the last 10 years, is hearing your music. I don't really give a shit about your words and story first. This isn't singer songwriter world, this is metal.

Now your model is curious. Why are you using a woman? Is that your main audience? I think not. I want to see how it looks on a man, preferably one that looks metal as F*ck. And, this girl looks death metaly. Not heavy/classic metaly. It's the red hair. I'd rather see the t-shirt by itself not on anyone than a woman, and especially not a woman that doesn't make sense for the subgenre. I would never expect to see her at your concert.

The 'What Do Other People Think?' section is curious. I don't usually see this for metal albums. It doesn't compel me at all. What would possibly compel me is an endorsement from a metal magazine, from someone notable from the metal-archives, or from another musician. Random Facbeook people are not who I want to be like as a metalhead.

Wait. I'm paying for the album and the t-shirt? I didn't realize that until this far down?

What if I don't want the t-shirt?

State this way up at the top. Odd choice to force buying a t-shirt.

I only buy t-shirts from bands I already know I like, really that I know I love. Liking is not enough, for me. And typically I buy them at shows, not online. But that may just be me.

Why offer a money-back guarantee? That's super odd for music. I'd remove that entirely. It actually removes trust by making me think that you're not confident that I'm guaranteed to at least like it if not love it.

I'd move the billing section to another page. Strange to me to see it here on this page.

I also checked out your homepage.

That sounds awesome haha, may have to check this out. I'd plug this at the bottom of your new album's page too.

Well goodluck to you. Hopefully something I said is useful.

Tons of great pointers there, thanks for that - time to start rewriting!

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I mentioned before that just isn't true. You have instant feedback. If your music sucks, they'll tell you it sucks or they just won't listen to it at all!

You're in control of these platforms as much as you're in control of email. If you get enough spam complaints, you'll be blacklisted there, too. Your open rates are never going to be 100%. The control for anything online is pretty much an illusion.

We could argue that until the cows come home though!

A major label picked her up, she is receiving a few hundred thousand in royalties alone, her sales on iTunes are up, she's booked a US tour, she's got a contract for another album, she's wrote songs for another artist as well...

I mean... buddy, you're REALLY missing the boat here.

Approximately a million dollars in sales, albums, tours booked is nothing to scoff at. Maybe you're doing more than that now but man -- once again -- you've got to open your eyes.

Of course they are!

Get to it!

Wow... well that shut me up pretty fast! She really is killing it. I'll put my music back up there this week then.

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
So, you have their email but they aren't buying? Can you send the ones that open the sales page but don't buy an email asking why they didn't buy?

We can all speculate all day but the best answers will come from your customers.

I also don't own a cd player.

Most poeple in the survey said they couldn't afford to buy, so my pricing (as J mentioned) might be part of the problem.

how do you know this? Did you talk to people who purchased? People who didn’t? Or inferring some marketing metrics based on Facebook audiences or something ...?

The demographics are from my Facebook Ads Manager, which is my only source of leads into my sales funnel at the moment

G

Guest12120

Conversion on teh squeeze page is around 35%,
Offer: Download a free song
Email stats:
There are 8 emails in the series:
1. Song delivery (O: 48%, CTR 42%)
2. Blog post / relationship 1 (O: 34%, CTR 16%)
3. Blog post / relationship 2 + extra free song (O: 32%, CTR 7.6%)
4-7. Sales pitch (O: 27%, CTR 11%)
8. Survey for those that didn't buy (O: 23%, CTR 6%)

35% is right around average for a free gift lead gen.

You have a very high CTR on the sales pitch (11%). This tells me people like your offer. These are some benchmark stats from MailCheat(Chimp):

So if your offer in the sales pitch emails is not misleading the issue is with the sales page. It could be the copy, the design or the price. It could be also as mentioned before the fact that you don't offer a digital download.

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
35% is right around average for a free gift lead gen.

You have a very high CTR on the sales pitch (11%). This tells me people like your offer. These are some benchmark stats from MailCheat(Chimp):
View attachment 27933

So if your offer in the sales pitch emails is not misleading the issue is with the sales page. It could be the copy, the design or the price. It could be also as mentioned before the fact that you don't offer a digital download.

Yeah my CTR is good and I reckon I can get it higher. I don't think the CD is a problem, as in the email people click to reach that page, I'm telling them the offer is for the CD and t shirt. However, adding an instant digital download into the same offer can't hurt.

I'm rewriting the copy at the moment and I'll slash the price too.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
What sort of price would make the purchase (either CD or a download) a "no brainer" impulse buy for you?

Between the CD and the T-shirt, I'm thinking around $25, and that's if I were a fan. The T-shirt is much more valuable to me than the CD, as I haven't paid for music since buying Symphony X's album 'Iconoclast' in 2011 at a music store that no longer exists.

BUT if your music isn't available on streaming platforms (and you should definitely release it on one of those despite the revenue being absolute dogshit), you can make it an exclusivity offer. Not only do you get a limited run of these T-shirts, AND a limited run of these CDs, you can listen to it 3 months before anyone else.

You may have to sweeten the deal even more, adding in priority tickets to your shows, artwork/posters, anything that is attractive to people who are honest fans of your work.

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Between the CD and the T-shirt, I'm thinking around $25, and that's if I were a fan. The T-shirt is much more valuable to me than the CD, as I haven't paid for music since buying Symphony X's album 'Iconoclast' in 2011 at a music store that no longer exists.

BUT if your music isn't available on streaming platforms (and you should definitely release it on one of those despite the revenue being absolute dogshit), you can make it an exclusivity offer. Not only do you get a limited run of these T-shirts, AND a limited run of these CDs, you can listen to it 3 months before anyone else.

You may have to sweeten the deal even more, adding in priority tickets to your shows, artwork/posters, anything that is attractive to people who are honest fans of your work.

That's good to know - thanks! And some great ideas. I did wonder if a t shirt would be more popular than t shirt and CD deal. I've got some prints, patches and stickers I can use to add to the deal.

The next offer I'm going to test is the t shirt with an MP3 download, along with a new t shirt design.

---

I've been editing and rewriting the page for several hours based on everyones feedback, but got slapped by a technical problem. I'll post the edit up once I get this fixed (waiting on a support ticket). Just wanted to let you all know I've been working on your suggestions and I do appreciate the time you're giving me.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I did wonder if a t shirt would be more popular than t shirt and CD deal. I've got some prints, patches and stickers I can use to add to the deal.

The important thing is that those things will only work if they're true fans, or close to true fans. People who barely know you or just listened to your music once won't care about these sorts of things.

Make sure that you're collecting, and utilizing, the list of people who actually purchase this deal. They're likely to be true fans, and you'll be able to continue to market to them, whether it's tour dates, vinyls, merch, vlogs, meet-and-greets, interviews, anything.

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
The important thing is that those things will only work if they're true fans, or close to true fans. People who barely know you or just listened to your music once won't care about these sorts of things.

Make sure that you're collecting, and utilizing, the list of people who actually purchase this deal. They're likely to be true fans, and you'll be able to continue to market to them, whether it's tour dates, vinyls, merch, vlogs, meet-and-greets, interviews, anything.

Agreed. I have a follow up where I send a weekly video, and I'm going to tie that into a forum so people interact with me and each other a bit more, to build a community. Then they'll be sent an offer automatically once every 3-4 weeks until they buy.

All their info gets stored automatically - and when I release something new I let them know first, along with a bonus / freebie of some kind.

christpa

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Aug 29, 2019
The sales page is pretty terrible and the product is way overpriced for new fans.

The fact that you're getting 1% conversion rates ANYWAY is really impressive. And my opinion as a fellow metalhead is because your music is excellent. Seriously, the guitars, the vocals, the recording quality. Top notch. The fact that you're getting any sales at all from that sales page suggests to me that you've got a ton of potential there.

I won't repeat what everyone else already said, but what are you using to create the sales page? Do you have Clickfunnels or something like that? I think just having a more modern looking page would help a lot.

Btw I still buy CDs. It's easier for me to just stick a CD in the CD player in the car than to mess around with phone apps so I prefer CDs. I'm sure I'm not the only one. That said, it certainly doesn't hurt to offer the digital option. But I wouldn't want to pay 47 pounds for a CD with a t-shirt (that I wouldn't really want), even thought I really do think your music is great. I would sell the CD for 10 and add the shirt as an upsell.

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
The sales page is pretty terrible and the product is way overpriced for new fans.

The fact that you're getting 1% conversion rates ANYWAY is really impressive. And my opinion as a fellow metalhead is because your music is excellent. Seriously, the guitars, the vocals, the recording quality. Top notch. The fact that you're getting any sales at all from that sales page suggests to me that you've got a ton of potential there.

I won't repeat what everyone else already said, but what are you using to create the sales page? Do you have Clickfunnels or something like that? I think just having a more modern looking page would help a lot.

Btw I still buy CDs. It's easier for me to just stick a CD in the CD player in the car than to mess around with phone apps so I prefer CDs. I'm sure I'm not the only one. That said, it certainly doesn't hurt to offer the digital option. But I wouldn't want to pay 47 pounds for a CD with a t-shirt (that I wouldn't really want), even thought I really do think your music is great. I would sell the CD for 10 and add the shirt as an upsell.

I was using Thrive Architect to make the page, but discovered last night it had a conflict with Autopimize (which I fixed), so the layout is fixed.

You're right, my pricing and offer is way off for new fans.

I've rewritten the page here:

Tomorrow I'm going to:
  1. change the price
  2. change the offer to being just the CD (with download), and use the t shirt as an upsell / offer at a later time

Kybalion

Renegade Master
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Oct 5, 2018
I was using Thrive Architect to make the page, but discovered last night it had a conflict with Autopimize (which I fixed), so the layout is fixed.

Tomorrow I'm going to:
  1. change the price
  2. change the offer to being just the CD (with download), and use the t shirt as an upsell / offer at a later time

Looks a LOT better. I'd like to know, how these changes will impact the conversion rate. I hope you'll keep us updated. :)

christpa

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Aug 29, 2019

Tomorrow I'm going to:
  1. change the price

Definitely an improvement. If I were you I would replace that first section with the picture and the text and put a short video instead. And then have the album art and music samples directly below that.

Also might want to play up the fact that you have Doro on the album. I don't see any mention of that except in the sample tracks. That would definitely raise your credibility.

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Definitely an improvement. If I were you I would replace that first section with the picture and the text and put a short video instead. And then have the album art and music samples directly below that.

Also might want to play up the fact that you have Doro on the album. I don't see any mention of that except in the sample tracks. That would definitely raise your credibility.

good points - I've got the video on my list for later in the week. And I can't believe I didn't mention Doro... rookie mistake. Thanks!

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Looks a LOT better. I'd like to know, how these changes will impact the conversion rate. I hope you'll keep us updated. :)

Yeah I'll post up results! It will take a couple of weeks to get the data in.

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Update: I've got about 40% click through from the sales page to the order form... but no orders. CD is now £8.99 + shipping. People are spending 44 seconds on the order page, on average... so they're thinking about it.

I'm going to try putting a countdown timer on the order form with something like "One time offer: Order in the next 15 minutes to receive XYZ". Cheesy and slightly aggressive... but we'll see if it pushes people over the edge. Just trying to think up a free gift that doesn't cost me anything, or at least costs very little

Free gift ideas:
  • Printed photos (£1)
  • Printed patch (£1.50)
  • Download of alternative versions of the songs and demos
  • Download of a "bonus album" of recordings I made a while ago (Bach chorales on electric guitar... possible audience mismatch with this offer)
  • Instant digital download of the album (should probably put this in there anyway)
  • Bonus area on website with "behind the scenes stuff"
  • Upgrade to deluxe double album with alternative versions of the songs and the demos (unit cost +£1)
  • Scans of the original lyrics as I developed them (I wrote them in a notebook, could be interesting for someone to go through)
I hear what people are saying about this possibly being too soon in the process from awareness to becoming a fan, and I've got some ideas for a new advertising approach to work that. I'll run some lyric videos of the songs on Facebook, retarget video 2 to people that watched 50% of video 1, and do that for the whole album.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
People don’t buy CDs anymore. How can you expect them to buy yours?

Yea I want to the check out and CD and Tshirt one of those needs FREE in front of it.

It really would be ideal if all of it could be free but they pay for shipping. :innocent: :halo:

(If you still made a profit.)

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Yea I want to the check out and CD and Tshirt one of those needs FREE in front of it.

It really would be ideal if all of it could be free but they pay for shipping. :innocent: :halo:

(If you still made a profit.)

A Free + Shipping funnel? The CD costs £5 to make and the t shirt £7. Keeping the prices reasonable and making that work would be pretty tricky.

I could do a CD in a card wallet, which would cost £1.70 to print (£1 or less at scale), and I can hide that cost in the shipping, making a "free" front end offer where people just pay for shipping. They could then upgrade to a full size CD on the 1st upsell and t shirt on the 2nd upsell page...

Is that more along the lines of what you're thinking?

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
You know it's really tricky....I feel we are in the lab but we really need to get in those customers heads.

I have bought things just to get the other thing that came with it before.

But we need to know what the thing is that gets them excited to pull the trigger in the first place. Little details like actual TShirt design, type of music matters as well.

There is a split second thought going on in prospects heads...wow I want that or yawn I can do without that.

I do not know if the music is Mozart or Kanye all these little details matter in our strategy.

So what we really want to know is that target audience what are their most motivating factors for them and keep pushing that button.

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
You know it's really tricky....I feel we are in the lab but we really need to get in those customers heads.

I have bought things just to get the other thing that came with it before.

But we need to know what the thing is that gets them excited to pull the trigger in the first place. Little details like actual TShirt design, type of music matters as well.

There is a split second thought going on in prospects heads...wow I want that or yawn I can do without that.

I do not know if the music is Mozart or Kanye all these little details matter in our strategy.

So what we really want to know is that target audience what are their most motivating factors for them and keep pushing that button.

Yeah I think it's a lot of trial and error. I'm thinking of re-focussing onto teaching online... I have people paying me monthly and asking to pay me for lessons... so working on that and getting the $$$ today seems like a smart move.

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Hey man, mad respect for what you’re doing!

It’s really great to see the improvements you’ve made.

I think doing a bit of a VSL and Having a good value stack is your best option. These people haven’t been following you for long at this point, so make it exciting for them.

For example, if you tour or visit any specific areas, you can say that they’ll also receive X% off your tickets or something like that when you visit their city.

This would also allow you to create segmented email lists.

Maybe also throw in an unreleased song?

The music industry can be really tough for making money, as I’m sure you know. My brother makes music and I’ve tried to think of things he can do.. and it’s very tricky.

Ultimately, I think it may actually be best to make your goal something simple - like breaking even with your list - and then growing the rapport and trust overtime before selling something.

Maybe do an initial album download with 1 unreleased song for a cheap price and wait a while before upselling.

Sorry - just throwing some things at the wall. I hope something sticks!

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
DId anyone bought a cd from you? (I didn't picked it up from the thread)

Maybe you could contact them and ask for testimonials .
Since you assume that people consider buying (44s on order page), testimonials there might help to put them on the right side of fence.

Last edited:

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Hey man, mad respect for what you’re doing!

It’s really great to see the improvements you’ve made.

I think doing a bit of a VSL and Having a good value stack is your best option. These people haven’t been following you for long at this point, so make it exciting for them.

For example, if you tour or visit any specific areas, you can say that they’ll also receive X% off your tickets or something like that when you visit their city.

This would also allow you to create segmented email lists.

Maybe also throw in an unreleased song?

The music industry can be really tough for making money, as I’m sure you know. My brother makes music and I’ve tried to think of things he can do.. and it’s very tricky.

Ultimately, I think it may actually be best to make your goal something simple - like breaking even with your list - and then growing the rapport and trust overtime before selling something.

Maybe do an initial album download with 1 unreleased song for a cheap price and wait a while before upselling.

Sorry - just throwing some things at the wall. I hope something sticks!

Yeah the VSL is something I'll add. I've been thinking of completely revamping how I do this. People being unfamiliar with me and quite new to me and my music is a major challenge... but I think I have a solution to test.

You're right about the goal being to break even, but even that has been pretty tricky. I'm going to work on something related but different, that will bring in money now, so then I have a bit more money to play around with for making good videos for my ads / experimenting with merch.

I've been trying to get this to work with a shoe string budget and it's plain frustrating!

Thanks for the ideas - I've got a few things to test out once I improve my income.

DId anyone bought a cd from you? (I didn't picked it up from the thread)

Maybe you could contact them and ask for testimonials .
Since you assume that people consider buying (44s on order page), testimonials there might help to put them on the right side of fence.

No-one bought, but I had 3 abandon carts. So people are considering it, and even filling out some of their details before deciding against buying. I'll test out the testimonials when I give this another shot!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.