The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ring... What can happen in 4 years

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
4 years ago ring was broke and operating in a garage. They were turned down on Shark Tank with a 7 million dollar requested valuation.

They just sold it some 1400 days later for 1 billion dollars to Amazon.

That's 1,000,000,000

What can you do in 1400 days?

How old will you be in 4 years? Where will you be 4 years from now?

#Ring #Unscripted

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lord Business

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Feb 24, 2018
finland
What can you do in 1400 days?
How old will you be in 4 years? Where will you be 4 years from now?
#Ring #Unscripted

1400 days later: financially totally independent, focusing on only things that matter to me. I will be 34. I have networth bare minimum of 5 mil eur. I will have made my mark on the world (or started the process anyways). I will look back to this post and comment:"Oh I was thinking so small, I've accomplished everything I set out to and so much more. I've enjoyed every minute of it".
OR
I'll be broke and still trying.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Kudos to them for pressing on. How many people throw in the towel after a rejection, let alone a rejection from a group such as the sharks? Impressive.

Sadly the video didn't show the back and forth. Would have liked to see it.

Worth noting that folks end up on that show for a variety of different reasons with a variety of different goals and being rejected isn't always devastating. Sometimes they do it for pure exposure with no intention of making an offer. Other times an offer would be nice but it's not really the main goal. Sometimes they get awesome feedback to go back to the drawing room with.

Also - that back and forth gets about 5 minutes on the tv show but I'm fairly certain you could be talking to them for an hour or so in person. It's heavily edited (as is all tv) and even how people respond to questions are often mixed and matched to make better television (take the shocking response from question A and show it after question B instead, etc...).

Absolutely right that they kept going and it paid off though - not questioning that at all. They clearly killed it with the Amazon deal.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
This video is a great demo...
( I had no idea either )

Why would Amazon pay a billion and not just develop their own? Im guessing they had a large user base already but surely Amazon could catch up.

NanoDrake

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Feb 25, 2018
Malta
Sadly the video didn't show the back and forth. Would have liked to see it.

Worth noting that folks end up on that show for a variety of different reasons with a variety of different goals and being rejected isn't always devastating. Sometimes they do it for pure exposure with no intention of making an offer. Other times an offer would be nice but it's not really the main goal. Sometimes they get awesome feedback to go back to the drawing room with.

Also - that back and forth gets about 5 minutes on the tv show but I'm fairly certain you could be talking to them for an hour or so in person. It's heavily edited (as is all tv) and even how people respond to questions are often mixed and matched to make better television (take the shocking response from question A and show it after question B instead, etc...).

Absolutely right that they kept going and it paid off though - not questioning that at all. They clearly killed it with the Amazon deal.

There is an interview with Robert Herjavec where he says that pitches last hours

And yes, some people just went there for the exposure :D

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I wonder if acquiring this is part of a larger play to get these into many, many, many homes as a way to prevent Amazon order theft, which is frankly an alarmingly increasing concern for sellers (and buyers).

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the motion detection / recording aspect.

Honestly, I'd be tempted to buy this JUST for that reason. I get nervous as hell when I'm expecting a package and it just gets left on the front porch.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
I wonder if acquiring this is part of a larger play to get these into many, many, many homes as a way to prevent Amazon order theft, which is frankly an alarmingly increasing concern for sellers (and buyers).

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the motion detection / recording aspect.

Honestly, I'd be tempted to buy this JUST for that reason. I get nervous as hell when I'm expecting a package and it just gets left on the front porch.
Walmart and Amazon are in a race to deliver groceries direct-to-fridge. This could be a gamechanger.

You order your groceries from Amazon and submit a code/passphrase. The delivery guy shows up, verifies they're from Amazon with your code, and you can unlock your front door for them. They ring in again to say they've left so you can relock the door.

Wham, bam, thank you, ma'am.

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
I was going to say facial recognition with Amazon building their own shipping business.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
This will probably help with Amazon Key..... now they won't need one :)

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
i dont want strangers in my home when im not there, especially underpaid and disgruntled amazon employees.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I would have never guessed that people are so.... trusting. When I owned my residential cleaning business I would go on a bid.... never seen these people in my life. This was long before hardly anyone had any type of cameras in their house. I would walk through the house and spend 10 minutes with them and then before I would leave they give me the key to their house, alarm code, garage code and some would ask if they needed to pay now. That happened daily. As a matter of fact, it was protocol that we atleast get a key or garage code from them. It still happens in that business but nowadays everyone has cameras. So my point is.... someone going inside to drop a package or put groceries up isn't really anything compared to house cleaners in every room in your house. We have house cleaners nowadays but they worked for me when I had my business. If it was strangers we wouldn't feel secure even though I was in the business 19 years.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.