The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Resources for SEO and traffic'ing?

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Does anyone have any resources on how to learn SEO and what its all about. I always hear from people that classesand e-books are all just free info you can get on the net..... well can someone point me in the direction. I have taken my B&M biz online to an ecommerce store and also in stages of rolling out new products. I know page ranking and the like take some time so i would like to start now and have it ready for when i put the new products on the site.

Any help?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nate

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Sep 24, 2007
Utah
Let me get home from my cursed 9-5 job and I'll put together a little package of "SEO and the likes" resources and throw it on here somehow.

M-M

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 27, 2007
NC
I'm also very interested.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
I hope you guys enjoyed that link. I found it helpful as I am doing research for my future site. They are so much to learn with SEO and building traffic. If you do it right though, the dividends will be paid greatly down the road!

AllOutOrNothing

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Sep 15, 2007
Those are great seo resources but as overall traffic the best thing you can do is to fill a need and provide great quality content. Build for the user as if you are the user and everything else should follow including money. Took me 3 years of making mistakes to figure that out as well as countless hours trying to come up with the latest and greatest ideas.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
If you are planning on rolling out new products and your site is going to be geared towards selling your products then I would suggest building content up. If you are selling the "red super bike", tell all the visitors what makes the red bike...super! But go further, maybe even include your experiences riding the bike, how it compares to other leading bikes, ect. What I am getting at is, build content. Search engine spiders look for content! If they have no content to crawl, you are dead in the water. Content will bring you more visitors and if the content is accurate and informational, customers will appreciate you going to extra mile and will buy from you rather than the other guys. Also, you should be searching the web right now for websites that rank high for the search engine terms your site is related to. If you buy links (or trade links) this will help your rankings in search engines and bring you more traffic. Do you want to link to other people who sell "red super bikes"? Hell no! Link to people who have done reviews on the red super bike or who blog about bikes, a message board about bikes. (The list can go on forever) These are just a few tips to keep in mind while building your site up. Remember, content...content...content (relevant content). That is the first thing you need to be building up before you are out of the famous "sandbox". Hope this helps!

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Not anymore? I thought google was placing sites in a sandbox for the first few months of the websites existence. They changed this? Or was it a myth? I have read on several sites about the sandbox regarding SEO. I aplogize for misleading you Lighthouse if this is indeed true.

AllOutOrNothing

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Sep 15, 2007
Aging a domain by putting up a placeholder or a mini introductory definately helps once you actually roll out the live version.

M-M

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 27, 2007
NC
Thanks for all the info so far, it will be helpful.

Z5 FILMS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 13, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
Not anymore? I thought google was placing sites in a sandbox for the first few months of the websites existence. They changed this? Or was it a myth? I have read on several sites about the sandbox regarding SEO. I aplogize for misleading you Lighthouse if this is indeed true.

The "sandbox" is like UFO's. Plenty of reports, but no proof. Some beleive in it, some don't. I personally don't. Google denies any exsistence. I just think Google does not like spammy sites, and it seems to me all the people complaining about the sandbox are the ones throwing up MFA sites and trying to shoot straight to the top of Google.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
If you are planning on rolling out new products and your site is going to be geared towards selling your products then I would suggest building content up. If you are selling the "red super bike", tell all the visitors what makes the red bike...super! But go further, maybe even include your experiences riding the bike, how it compares to other leading bikes, ect. What I am getting at is, build content. Search engine spiders look for content! If they have no content to crawl, you are dead in the water. Content will bring you more visitors and if the content is accurate and informational, customers will appreciate you going to extra mile and will buy from you rather than the other guys. Also, you should be searching the web right now for websites that rank high for the search engine terms your site is related to. If you buy links (or trade links) this will help your rankings in search engines and bring you more traffic. Do you want to link to other people who sell "red super bikes"? Hell no! Link to people who have done reviews on the red super bike or who blog about bikes, a message board about bikes. (The list can go on forever) These are just a few tips to keep in mind while building your site up. Remember, content...content...content (relevant content). That is the first thing you need to be building up before you are out of the famous "sandbox". Hope this helps!

Good point, i think i lack content becasue people like to look at pictures, maybe i can add the most relevant content. I heard hiding content and keywords was a bad thing? as in typing it invisible or having it added in the code....

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007