The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Remember your priorities

oble01

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 10, 2013
Like many people on this forum, I've had shit loads of business ideas.

I've even managed to launch a few and make some money along the way. But most of the time I come up with ideas and WASTE time thinking, researching, imagining, planning, and dreaming.

Last week I had another new business idea. And this time for some reason i decided to cut straight through the shit and just get out there and do it.

So what did I do?

I spent 20 minutes checking adwords to help validate the was a need.

I spent 30 minutes checking competition online.

Then here comes the crazy part.......

I then immediately called the first company I could find and tried to sell them my service!!!

What happened next????

The person I spoke to told me she wasnt the right person to talk to but she'd get her boss to call me back by the end of the day.

She also told me loads of useful info (without even realising it!) about their company, typical problems they need help with, some insight into her boss, etc. At the end of the call she asked for my company name and website.

I didn't even have a company name or website! So I made it up on the spot.

Then I thought - oh no she's going to pass these details onto her boss and he's going to search for my company online.

So then I panicked....I dropped everything I was doing and quickly (very quickly!) bought a domain name (5 mins), bought a hosting package (10 mins), installed wordpress and the first theme I could find (15 minutes), and created one single welcome page with my company name, a paragraph about what we do, and my contact email address (20 mins).

The boss didn't call me back that day. So I called again the next morning. After some negotiation he agreed to try my service and im hoping to close my first contract within the next few days.

I can't tell you the hours, days, weeks, months, and years I've wasted building websites, logos, brochures, lists, and other unnecessary rubbish. My experience last week reminded me that as soon as I have an idea the very first thing I should do is call someone and talk to them about it. Even if it's a bad idea they'll tell me why its bad and I can figure out how to make it better. Or move on

Then when I know there is a real need I can build websites, brands, and processes.

I know it's obvious and it's been said many times before but just get out there and talk to people. Push yourself. Stop caring so much if it succeeds or fails. Just speak to people and learn shit along the way

And when you NEED to build things like websites (as opposed to just building them because it makes you feel like you have a business) you'll be amazed at how quickly you can actually get these things done.

I've sat on ideas for months or years and they've came to nothing (mostly). This one went from an idea to my first trial customer in a couple of hours because i did the hardest thing first!

Thought I'd share that as a reminder, because it's easy to forget :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

I've even managed to launch a few and make some money along the way. But most of the time I come up with ideas and WASTE time thinking, researching, imagining, planning, and dreaming.

Last week I had another new business idea. And this time for some reason i decided to cut straight through the shit and just get out there and do it.

So what did I do?

I then immediately called the first company I could find and tried to sell them my service!!!

What happened next????

The person I spoke to told me she wasnt the right person to talk to but she'd get her boss to call me back by the end of the day.

She also told me loads of useful info (without even realising it!) about their company, typical problems they need help with, some insight into her boss, etc. At the end of the call she asked for my company name and website.

Then I thought - oh no she's going to pass these details onto her boss and he's going to search for my company online.

So then I panicked....I dropped everything I was doing and quickly (very quickly!) bought a domain name (5 mins), bought a hosting package (10 mins), installed wordpress and the first theme I could find (15 minutes), and created one single welcome page with my company name, a paragraph about what we do, and my contact email address (20 mins).

The boss didn't call me back that day. So I called again the next morning. After some negotiation he agreed to try my service and im hoping to close my first contract within the next few days.

I can't tell you the hours, days, weeks, months, and years I've wasted building websites, logos, brochures, lists, and other unnecessary rubbish. My experience last week reminded me that as soon as I have an idea the very first thing I should do is call someone and talk to them about it. Even if it's a bad idea they'll tell me why its bad and I can figure out how to make it better. Or move on

Then when I know there is a real need I can build websites, brands, and processes.

I know it's obvious and it's been said many times before but just get out there and talk to people. Push yourself. Stop caring so much if it succeeds or fails. Just speak to people and learn shit along the way

And when you NEED to build things like websites (as opposed to just building them because it makes you feel like you have a business) you'll be amazed at how quickly you can actually get these things done.

I've sat on ideas for months or years and they've came to nothing (mostly). This one went from an idea to my first trial customer in a couple of hours because i did the hardest thing first!

JFDI.

Nice!

Siberia

Surprise
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Apr 30, 2016
Siberia

So what did I do?

What happened next????

Siberia

Surprise
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Apr 30, 2016
Siberia

So what did I do?

What happened next????

you had very hungry .... This has eliminated all forms of excuses to procrastinate. You have now activated the UNSTOPPABLE KING and he gave you the magic of making .... an unexpected result in that condition by appearance illogical: your first customer. Compliments!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.