The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Recommend Goal Setting Books or Courses

Growth & Learn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California
Happy New Year all! What are your favorite goal setting books and/or courses? Looking for something to help w/ some planning and big thinking for the new year.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Happy new year! Personally I don’t believe in books or courses to set goals.

Just take a paper and pen. Then write what you want to accomplish. Then do it.

In my opinion, courses on setting goals is an action-fake.

The EL Maven

No longer life's passenger
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Dec 3, 2015
The top three books I read in the last year:
Unscripted
10x
The One Thing

If you haven't read them, I suggest you do. Those last two are very pertinent to goals.

Dan Willis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 6, 2014
Happy New Year all! What are your favorite goal setting books and/or courses? Looking for something to help w/ some planning and big thinking for the new year.
One that has served me well over the years is Do Hard Things that offers you not only the ability to conceptualize the direction you want to head in but also gives you the encouragement to aim higher.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Honestly, just make a progress thread and ask for feedback.

People here (like me) are dicks and will give you quick feedback on whether your goals are unrealistic, too easy, or if you're thinking about things the wrong way.

Also this.

You can read a book or two, but after that setting goals and *ACCOMPLISHING* them is on you.

Best of luck.

Also, I read this book. This and https://www.amazon.com/dp/1458794350/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20 is probably all you need.

Dmorr

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Dec 31, 2017
North Texas
The best book you can read after The Bible in life is Psycocybernetics:Updated and Revised by Maxwell Maltz and Dan S Kennedy. It is valuable for goal setting and especially for living life.

Growth & Learn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California

I don't have an issue with "action fake" or whatever you're calling that bro.

Entrepreneurs and business leaders plan. If you're not doing that process than you're missing out.

Growth & Learn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California

People here (like me) are dicks and will give you quick feedback on whether your goals are unrealistic, too easy, or if you're thinking about things the wrong way.

Also this.

You can read a book or two, but after that setting goals and *ACCOMPLISHING* them is on you.

Best of luck.

Also, I read this book. This and https://www.amazon.com/dp/1458794350/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20 is probably all you need.

Also this.

Best of luck.

Thanks I'll check out Eat That Frog. I'm a Brian Tracy fan so that's cool.

I don't have an issue w/ accomplishing. Just like to get new ideas on planning and goal setting etc.

Growth & Learn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California
Actually I just realized I probably should have said I was looking for a book on strategic planning and not necessarily goal setting.

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Apr 13, 2015
Actually I just realized I probably should have said I was looking for a book on strategic planning and not necessarily goal setting.
If your strategic plan requires vison, mission, objectives, values and stuff like that then I recommend you Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity AND its companion book Making It All Work: Winning at the Game of Work and the Business of Life. The second book explains the system using as an example a person who owns a flower store.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Well that’s why you got that response from me— because of the ambiguity in your original post.

But I digress. Here’s something you can use that’s effective (app-based):
Goal Setting with Brian Tracy by Success Wizard, Inc. Goal Setting with Brian Tracy on the App Store

The app helps you gain clarity, focus,
and helps build an effective action plan.

Hope this helps.

P.S. My apologies if my OP read rude.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

Last edited:

dior616

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
May 9, 2017
Texas
I'm thinking of picking up a the daily stoic journal, looks pretty interesting. Each day you write a morning and evening reflection for the question of the day and includes weekly passages.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.