The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MJ's New Goal Setting/Achievement App

A topic related to SAAS or APPs

Makaveli7

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Jul 26, 2018
If you sign up for an email list for GoalSumo.com, he will keep you updated. I got an email that said he will launch soon

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
"Ask yourself if what you are doing today is enough to get you where you want to be tomorrow."

You have a very awesome website, quote, and picture. @MJ DeMarco

I love the glasses. :smile:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
"Ask yourself if what you are doing today is enough to get you where you want to be tomorrow."

You have a very awesome website, quote, and picture. @MJ DeMarco

I love the glasses. :smile:

Thanks, hope it is as effective!

I heard about it by listening to an interview you did on Bookbits (sp.?) podcast.

Wow, totally forgot about that! Thank you for the reminder.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Signed up! When will it be open for beta testing?

I have been using @LightHouse's GSD Trello system and it's working pretty well.

@MJ DeMarco will Goalsumo have an archive of accomplished tasks so we can look back on them whenever we feel like cutting ourselves short on our efforts? What other features do you plan to add on top of the 1/5/10 Planasy and the granular breakdown of the steps needed to get our dream life?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

@MJ DeMarco will Goalsumo have an archive of accomplished tasks so we can look back on them whenever we feel like cutting ourselves short on our efforts? What other features do you plan to add on top of the 1/5/10 Planasy and the granular breakdown of the steps needed to get our dream life?

Yes, that functionality should be available. One should also be able to specify their values or ideals, and have those attached to the task system. So after some use, one should be able to get a good visual/analytical glimpse on how their doing with respect to both their goals and values. Goals are specific, values are vague. The system also has a book discovery feature: we plan to feed you high-value quotes from best-selling books on a daily basis within your task (to-do) list. For me, being busy means I often don't have time to scan or discover new books, this should help.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
I expect this to be very useful. I am a fan of writing down what we want from life and then moving towards those goals. Technology is now available to make it even more effective. Good on you @MJ DeMarco!

edit: typo

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This looks awesome @MJ DeMarco ! Excited to use and will be a customer.

Appreciate the support, I hope we can deliver some value, and more importantly, deliver some real life-change for a lot of people! When I moved some years ago, I actually found my old 1/5/10 (I included pics) which pretty much is the story behind GoalSumo --it was really refreshing to see that everything I wrote 25+ years ago came true. Freaking EVERYTHING!

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Freaking EVERYTHING!
I can feel the emotions in this!

It's like you're writing your own future and taking action towards it. I don't know why but whatever I wrote in my monthly objectives just seems to happen outta nowhere!

I'm convinced that one is writing their own future if they're taking consistent action and sticking to the fundamentals.

Believe.

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
I wasn't aware of this but have signed up to the email list.
I'm looking forward to the launch.
Great idea.

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022
I tried to register but it didn't work, I didn't understand why. Please, tell how do you do it?
If you sign up for an email list for GoalSumo, he will keep you updated. I got an email that said he will launch soon

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

GSD is more of a daily task management system. The newer version incorporates things like long term goals. It sounds like MJ's app works from the other side (which is also how I work with people) which is vision first, into a task system.

Looking forward to check it out @MJ DeMarco , If you need another power user to beta test, let me know :D

MaxAMG

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 29, 2022
Netherlands
I tried to register but it didn't work, I didn't understand why. Please, tell how do you do it?
I think the app hasn't been released yet. If you've submitted your e-mail, you should receive a message when it is -- we don't know when.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
GSD is more of a daily task management system. The newer version incorporates things like long term goals. It sounds like MJ's app works from the other side (which is also how I work with people) which is vision first, into a task system.

This is a daily task system that can be flexibly used with specific long-term goals, or short-term goals. It also incorporates ambiguity with general Kaizen improvements and values. Looking forward to hearing your feedback as I know you will be the toughest critic, which is helpful.

I think the app hasn't been released yet. If you've submitted your e-mail, you should receive a message when it is -- we don't know when.

If things go as planned, you should get an email with beta-use details within 45 days.

We were hoping for a summer release but we are a bit behind as I've become a tough first user. ;)

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
This is a daily task system that can be flexibly used with specific long-term goals, or short-term goals. It also incorporates ambiguity with general Kaizen improvements and values. Looking forward to hearing your feedback as I know you will be the toughest critic, which is helpful.

If things go as planned, you should get an email with beta-use details within 45 days.

We were hoping for a summer release but we are a bit behind as I've become a tough first user. ;)

That sounds great, can't wait to see what you've built MJ.

I see that it shows as co-founder, is the other founder the dev? Didn't see mention of it anywhere. If it's not public, no worries, just curious :D

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I see that it shows as co-founder, is the other founder the dev?

Yes it is.

We haven't had problems accepting any pre-registrations so we're not sure the issue, however no worries, we added you manually.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007