The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Rate This Idea: Smart Wildfire Suppression System

Idea threads

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
Wildfire Suppression System: Smart Fire Extinguishers
- Description: Innovative system designed to suppress wildfires by utilizing ground and tree-based smart fire extinguishers that communicate with each other and activate when detecting heat.

Ground Model:
- Description: Large tank with a pump that shoots fluid out of the ground.
- Activation: Activated by heat detection.
- Components: Connected to "consoles" buried underground which house large batteries and network connectivity.
- Material: Made from steel for fire protection.
- Communication: Network connectivity for communication with other units.
- Function: Shoots firefighting fluid to suppress fires.

Tree Model:
- Description: Tree-mounted unit, approximately one liter in size.
- Activation: Activated by heat detection.
- Power Source: Gravity-powered, reducing battery size.
- Material: Made from steel; utilizes steel wire to hang from trees.
- Communication: Inbuilt networking for communication with other units.
- Function: Releases firefighting material to suppress fires.

Key Features:
1. Heat Activation: Units are triggered by detecting heat, allowing for automatic response to fire outbreaks.
2. Communication: Units talk to each other to coordinate firefighting efforts and share information.
3. Material: Units are constructed from fire-resistant steel to withstand flames.
4. Environmental Considerations: Designed to minimize environmental impact and protect ecosystems.
5. Ground and Tree Models: Two different types cater to different terrain and tree-mounted units take advantage of gravity for power.
6. Batteries and Network Connectivity: Consoles provide power and networking for ground units, reducing reliance on external sources.
7. Scalability: Potential for expanding the system across larger areas prone to wildfires.

Original concept by my friend @Jrjohnny

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
May 9, 2021
Your heart's in the right place but are you willing to pay for people to strap 150$/equipment per tree to 50,000,000 trees across the dry western U.S. ?
It's come up a bit in the past and interesting to think about, but apparently a large chunk of wildfires are caused by the fact that the USFS went overboard on trying to catch and extinguish smaller fires up until like the 2000s, leading to a buildup of underbrush and decaying matter that went off like dry tinder (it was). I think in a more recent case, the 2020 fires were found to be directly caused by poor management and lack of burns by forestry service teams across the pacific seaboard- but they brushed that one under the table.

Imo, if you could flip it and run a controlled burn service (would be popular with farms as well), you could help the environment, soil quality and water table WHILE preventing further bigger fires.

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
Your heart's in the right place but are you willing to pay for people to strap 150$/equipment per tree to 50,000,000 trees across the dry western U.S. ?
It's come up a bit in the past and interesting to think about, but apparently a large chunk of wildfires are caused by the fact that the USFS went overboard on trying to catch and extinguish smaller fires up until like the 2000s, leading to a buildup of underbrush and decaying matter that went off like dry tinder (it was). I think in a more recent case, the 2020 fires were found to be directly caused by poor management and lack of burns by forestry service teams across the pacific seaboard- but they brushed that one under the table.

Imo, if you could flip it and run a controlled burn service (would be popular with farms as well), you could help the environment, soil quality and water table WHILE preventing further bigger fires.
I see. This is just a concept I'm throwing out there of course.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
595%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
If you're going to consider products that might be sold to the US government, it's worth creating a free account at SAM.gov | Home where you can browse what the government actively needs and is looking to fill.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 10, 2022
I believe that you are in the right mindset. The thing is though, it seems like you are a bit outside of your sphere of knowledge here. If you want to make a positive impact on the environment why don't you solve the problem you can solve in a much more environmentally friendly way? You can provide your goods and services in a more sustainable way. Absolutely everything can be done more environmentally friendly and more sustainable. Even if you offer consulting services. For example, you can opt for a bank that does not lend money to fossil fuel companies travel less by car to your clients, not use plastic since it is practically not recyclable etc.. And the best thing you can also market that to your clients and make it a value skew. It is the right thing to do, and it can make you money.

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
I believe that you are in the right mindset. The thing is though, it seems like you are a bit outside of your sphere of knowledge here. If you want to make a positive impact on the environment why don't you solve the problem you can solve in a much more environmentally friendly way? You can provide your goods and services in a more sustainable way. Absolutely everything can be done more environmentally friendly and more sustainable. Even if you offer consulting services. For example, you can opt for a bank that does not lend money to fossil fuel companies travel less by car to your clients, not use plastic since it is practically not recyclable etc.. And the best thing you can also market that to your clients and make it a value skew. It is the right thing to do, and it can make you money.
I totally get what you're saying. This was mainly just an idea I was playing around with that originally came from @Jrjohnny.

Right now I am prototyping a safety device for motor vehicles and you can read about my progress here.

It does factor in sustainability, as the body of the device will be made of PLA plastic or aluminum.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles

Eurojanek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Oct 9, 2020
As far as I'm concerned for example in Australia the forestry service people were preventing spreas of wildfires by cutting down trees and busches creating passages to stop the fire spreading. Then the green eco friends came and made them stop doing that, so the next years we saw crazy wildfires in Australia.

In my country, threre's that Białowieża forest (the oldest natural forest in Europe). The forrestry services have been upkeeping the it for hunderts of years also by cutting down and removing trees damaged by cornice bugs to stop them from spreading. Then the green folks came and demanded them to stop cutting down and profiting from selling them precious trees. So now the whole forest is deserted, there are areas where you are forbiden to enter, because of falling branches, the tourism practically stopped. It's been said that for the forrest to recover naturally it would take now about 500 years.

So I'd say - let them professionals do their job, they know their trade and been doing it for tens if not hunderts of years. And that's the best way to save our precious natural forests and minimise risk of wildfires.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Thank you @Aidan04,

I would like to say that this was one of those ideas I just thought of and the ones I have hundreds of in a day.

I thought I would share it with some people to see what they think

and it is a decent idea but on here it has seemed to have had a lot of mixed answers.

Anyways anyone who executed this owes me my 60% stake and 10% royalty in perpetuity;)

ElenaPatrice

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 13, 2023
Front Royal, VA
If you're going to consider products that might be sold to the US government, it's worth creating a free account at SAM.gov | Home where you can browse what the government actively needs and is looking to fill.
Smart! Very good idea to share.

The Sandman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Jul 12, 2022
As far as I'm concerned for example in Australia the forestry service people were preventing spreas of wildfires by cutting down trees and busches creating passages to stop the fire spreading. Then the green eco friends came and made them stop doing that, so the next years we saw crazy wildfires in Australia.

In my country, threre's that Białowieża forest (the oldest natural forest in Europe). The forrestry services have been upkeeping the it for hunderts of years also by cutting down and removing trees damaged by cornice bugs to stop them from spreading. Then the green folks came and demanded them to stop cutting down and profiting from selling them precious trees. So now the whole forest is deserted, there are areas where you are forbiden to enter, because of falling branches, the tourism practically stopped. It's been said that for the forrest to recover naturally it would take now about 500 years.

So I'd say - let them professionals do their job, they know their trade and been doing it for tens if not hunderts of years. And that's the best way to save our precious natural forests and minimise risk of wildfires.

Same nonsense here in the USA, at least on the west coast. Privately owned and managed forests are healthier and burn far less than government owned and managed. And of course they're far more productive.

Sorry OP but your idea isn't even close to viable as a generalized forest measure. You may be able to identify very specific scenarios where it could make sense, like wooded homeless encampments.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Same nonsense here in the USA, at least on the west coast. Privately owned and managed forests are healthier and burn far less than government owned and managed. And of course they're far more productive.

Sorry OP but your idea isn't even close to viable as a generalized forest measure. You may be able to identify very specific scenarios where it could make sense, like wooded homeless encampments.
Here in Canada it’s the complete opposite, cities are being evacuated and that’s why I had come up with the idea.

Thank you for your feedback though

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.