The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
When you get an email like this from your customer (a company from Egypt) you know you are doing something right:

Dear *****,

Kindly be informed that we had used ***** for more than 6 months and we are very happy with this product.
Thus, we need from you and email that contains any other products you have, Also if you can send us a demo URL for these products, it will be great.
Looking to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Yes, I am a little bit happy. And a little bit proud. Now excuse me while I go figure out what other products I can sell them.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I love Walmart. I never feel like I’m going to get a bad deal there. But, I’m a capitalist and my Walmart is better than most.
I wish I could say the same. I no longer feel like I get a deal there. Prices don't seem any lower than anywhere else anymore, and often times the item is of less quality.

However, if I need to buy some canned foods or pasta or something stupid like that Walmart is still great. But cheap shelving or totes or something of that nature I find them to be expensive and poor quality.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Cast these devils out!

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

I'll do you one better:

1646761692936.png

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I'll do you one better:

View attachment 42472

Tyson is an absolute beast!!! You would not know it by looking at the man though.

And for that comment saying that Thor would give him a run for his money... lol! Tyson would walk circles around him.

Those dudes are so huge it is crazy. They should put a regular sized human in that photo for some size comparison.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Tyson is an absolute beast!!! You would not know it by looking at the man though.

And for that comment saying that Thor would give him a run for his money... lol! Tyson would walk circles around him.

Those dudes are so huge it is crazy. They should put a regular sized human in that photo for some size comparison.

Most of the time when I see a really muscular dude, I'll presume that he can't fight. I'm more wary of skinny or chubby dudes than buff dudes.

Getting as big as Thor is a full time job and he won't have time to learn to fight.

Tip: with most people, if you keep hitting them in the face, even with weak punches, they'll just panic and not fight back. Good luck if you run into the other people though.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Most of the time when I see a really muscular dude, I'll presume that he can't fight. I'm more wary of skinny or chubby dudes than buff dudes
Dudes get really big in the gym to try and avoid having to fight in the first place. They just want to look dangerous to most people.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Tip: with most people, if you keep hitting them in the face, even with weak punches, they'll just panic and not fight back.

I wonder how you learned this to be true... story time? How often do you hit people in the face with weak punches?

:rofl:

TheCj

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jan 3, 2017
Ontario, Canada
It's not quite like that. Donations are not tips for the store, here in Canada they are donations for foodbank or childrens' hospital. It's using the grocery store for donations the same way a chewing gum is at the exit, last item to grab.
From my understanding in Canada, donation's over $20 have to be issued a tax receipt for the donor, and those donations have government regulations on how much of that money must be used for the charitable cause. Where as donations under $20 don't fall under those regulation requirements and no receipts are issued. So the charities can take a bigger cut on being "non-profit" from the under $20 donations.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

At the Bottom of an Icy Sea, One of History’s Great Wrecks Is Found​

Explorers and researchers, battling freezing temperatures, have located Endurance, Ernest Shackleton’s ship that sank in the Antarctic in 1915.

It looks really good considering it has spent 107 years on the bottom of the ocean.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I can't understand why Go Fund Me cancelled and then refunded donations for Cain Velasquez, the ex UFC heavyweight champ that was arrested following his attack on the abuser of his 4 year old daughter.

Time is definitely up for GFM being the major player on that scene, surely.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I can't understand why Go Fund Me cancelled and then refunded donations for Cain Velasquez, the ex UFC heavyweight champ that was arrested following his attack on the abuser of his 4 year old daughter.

The one that really got me was when they cancelled and DID NOT REFUND the truck convoy donations.

Then there was also the donation for AOC's grandmother.

GoFundMe is too politically biased.

Wish companies today would at least attempt to be bipartisan, non-partisan, give voice to both sides, or neither, etc.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
The one that really got me was when they cancelled and DID NOT REFUND the truck convoy donations.

Wish companies today would at least attempt to be bipartisan, non-partisan, give voice to both sides, or neither, etc.

oz41a6s.gif

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
It's been a long time since I've been actively looking for new blogs to follow (or actually looking for blogs to advertise there or write guest posts for them) and my conclusion is that blogs are really dead.

Back in like 2010 there were countless incredible blogs with lots of activity in the comments, bloggers responding to another blogger's article, etc.

These days, blogs are mostly spam blogs, low-quality generic crap, or if they're any good, sooner or later they turn into podcasts (and some are newsletters disguising as blogs).

It's a shame as I preferred blog posts over today's social media posts but well...

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
Last edited:

eramart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Aug 31, 2015
Moscow, Russia

They blocked donations from Russia long before current events - probably to stay out of trouble

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Lex DeVille, @MJ DeMarco I didn't know this was about charity as I've never experienced anything like this in any country. I understand a jar for leaving tips or a jar for collecting money for charity but it's weird for a cashier to ask that as you can't verify where your money goes.

Speaking of charity, @becks22 and @MJ DeMarco, I once also thought that you should judge a charity but how much money it dedicates to its programs. But the reality isn't that simple and in reality, the Fastlane approach to non-profits is to have a LOWER percentage dedicated to program costs and MORE to administrative costs.

I highly, highly recommend watching this talk as I'm pretty sure it'll convince you why:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfAzi6D5FpM

Do let me know what you think about it once you watch it as I'm curious if it will change your opinion the same way it changed mine.
Blimey. Dan Pallotta. I ran ads for a workshop he was doing for a charity client of ours. I'd best watch that video. Thanks for sharing @MTF.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida

Can't discriminate against "minor attracted persons." Welcome to the new morality.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Saw a quote by Robert Greene that said something to the effect of "let other people do the work for you, but always take the credit."

Yikes! That might actually work if you're an employee climbing the corporate ladder (everyone will hate you), but not if you want to create real, bigger, lasting success. In fact, it sounds more like being a dictator.

For the fastlane, working with a Human Resource System and employees, my advice would be this:

"let other people work for you, or rather with you, and give them as much credit and praise as possible, multiplying your efforts and encouraging and rewarding them in the process."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.