The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
*My warden*

Sounds like you are already in jail, my friend.

I am sorry :(

Basically yeh, it's bad when people due for release in jail choose to stay as they have it better than we do out here.
I moved further away from the city now and it's like the covid doesn't exist at all.

No one has bothered me about anything, other than the mandates by beurocrats put in place that is.
The time will come when they say no jab no job, and I will not comply.

I do not care about the mandates, gonna suss out a fake V certificate aswell.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Problem is… no great leader will step up to this challenge. Subject yourself to media attacks, digging up dirt on you and your family, making stuff up; taking it out of context, screwing with your mind on every decision. It takes a damn hero to try it and since there is no war, no threat to western life of our comforts, it won’t happen. Lying sacks of shit will continue dominating politics.
I guess there's a reason why authoritarian leaders like Lee Kuan Yew and Xi Jinping have done pretty well then...they reined in the media and opposition with courts, prison and so on. That does scream 'dictator!', but sometimes you need to shut people up to get things done.

Few folks know LKY actually underwent THREE votes of no confidence, but he beat them each time:

Like Muhyiddin, Lee Kuan Yew Was Almost Overthrown in Parliament Too

1630307047800.png

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Problem is… no great leader will step up to this challenge. Subject yourself to media attacks, digging up dirt on you and your family, making stuff up; taking it out of context, screwing with your mind on every decision. It takes a damn hero to try it and since there is no war, no threat to western life of our comforts, it won’t happen. Lying sacks of shit will continue dominating politics.

I've considered this problem before.

I came to the conclusion that an effective solution would be for a bunch of people with $$ to burn to drop some $$$ on mailing (short) written essays to every house in a town/state/country. This gives people the intellectual ideas they need to think straight.

I think this would probably be cheaper than running for office.

If you want to create change at a large scale, then support artists/novelists/composers etc who create art that inspires the best in people. Great art gives people hope and confidence in the future and themselves - the emotional fuel they need.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
It takes a high degree of psychopathy to become a politician. You have to be soulless and relentless to have success. Look at the current world leaders. Not just the usual authoritarians like Putin. Look at Biden, Johnson, Draghi, Macron...do these people inspire you any trust?

Look in their eyes. There's nothing in there. They're dead. Walking corpses with an appetite for power.

Politicians point a gun to your head to force you into compliance. And then they'll claim it's for your safety. The most dangerous tyrant is the one who thinks he's helping his people.
I came to the conclusion that an effective solution would be for a bunch of people with $$ to burn to drop some $$$ on mailing (short) written essays to every house in a town/state/country. This gives people the intellectual ideas they need to think straight.
I like this idea, and I wonder if it'd work. The average person seems uninterested in anything that's not their own political beliefs. But there must be curious minds out there.

The issue I have with this is that the government could very well do the same. They already kind of do with the news. Schools are also a breeding ground for government drones. To quote Chomsky, governments perfected the art of manufacturing consents.

It's a battle that's very hard to win. But it's not impossible. I'd love to get the word out myself. The word being exposing what a government actually is.

I can't figure out a way to do it though. If you have got any idea I'm all eyes.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
This gives people the intellectual ideas they need to think straight.

like this idea, and I wonder if it'd work.

I can't figure out a way to do it though. If you have got any idea I'm all eyes.

Have you been watching the story of Prager University? Dennis Prager tried this concept (except with videos, not pamphlets), and they were getting a fair amount of traction, but lately, they have been viciously attacked, censored, and sued.

You're definitely in for a challenge if the ideas you want to share are outside of the "approved" narrative.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
9A17EE4F-88C1-48D8-B108-2986A997B757.jpeg

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Not sure if this warrants a new thread. I was wondering: what are your favorite asymmetric investing opportunities right now? I assume most people would say crypto or NFTs but I'm wondering if there's anything else that may provide extraordinary returns if one is willing to take risk.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Is this a criticism of freedom in general?

Do people enjoy seeing others die when they are on the other end of the political spectrum?

If so, that's sick and evil.

WTF?

This is a real tragedy. Three kids. Pregnant wife...

If you want to bring politics into this - that's your call, not mine. I have nothing by sadness in my heart for the family he left behind.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
WTF?

This is a real tragedy. Three kids. Pregnant wife...

If you want to bring politics into this - that's your call, not mine. I have nothing by sadness in my heart for the family he left behind.

The meme was very anti-freedom and sort of made a mockery of his death. I guess that’s reading between the lines.

Here’s the deal though… I’d rather die of COVID than be locked in my house for eternity. Those that would rather be ordered around like cattle, than have a SLIGHTLY more dangerous existence, have a personality type that I just can’t understand.

At this point, I no longer pity the dead. I pity those they leave behind, and the abrupt loss of what could have been.

This guy went out swinging for things he believed in. Sad, but even sadder is the majority of people begging the government to make us “safe” at the expense of everything worth living for.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
This was an email on Tom Woods’ mailing list. I thought it pretty much nailed It.

Some people want to live in a completely politicized world, in which the very brand of ketchup you use makes a political statement.

This holds zero appeal for me, or any normal person.

Politics pits people against each other in a zero-sum game. The less it intrudes in our lives, the better.

But we all know people who, if you hold opinions that haven't been approved by the New York Times, will certainly shun you.

This seems sick and deranged to me.

And yet:

After nearly a year of COVID hysteria that has involved obviously voodoo science and sacrificing so much of what it means to be human (and as Florida would seem to demonstrate, there was no need to do this), I seriously wonder: can I really be friends with people who cheered this on?

James Delingpole, the British writer who was my guest for Tom Woods Show episode #1834, says he certainly can't. And frankly, I think he's right.

If you had a friend who destroyed your business, canceled a year of your children's lives, and deprived you of things that brought you joy, would you keep that person as a friend?

You may say: this is different. They thought they were helping.

But for heaven's sake, the evidence is everywhere, if anyone has the least curiosity to investigate, that none of this wound up doing a bit of good. So all right, you have a friend who would do these things to you while thinking he's helping people, but without bothering to look beyond a few headlines he saw in the Washington Post.

Still bad.

Yes, I'll be polite to the old high school friends who still show up in my social media timelines. But stay the hell away from me.

I'm genuinely sorry that it's come to this. On some things we can be friends with people who disagree with us. But at this stage of my life I for one am making a deliberate effort to seek out the company of people who opposed stealing a nontrivial chunk of my life from me.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Food company approach to Wal-Mart:
"Let's make this food slightly shittier to cut costs to reduce the price!"

Food company approach to Natural Grocers:
"Let's use the shitty Wal-Mart version to keep costs down, but TRIPLE the price!"

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Not sure if this warrants a new thread. I was wondering: what are your favorite asymmetric investing opportunities right now? I assume most people would say crypto or NFTs but I'm wondering if there's anything else that may provide extraordinary returns if one is willing to take risk.

AI, space investments like Ark.

Companies selling computer chips.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Have you been watching the story of Prager University? Dennis Prager tried this concept (except with videos, not pamphlets), and they were getting a fair amount of traction, but lately, they have been viciously attacked, censored, and sued.

You're definitely in for a challenge if the ideas you want to share are outside of the "approved" narrative.

I've seen his channel, it's been doing quite well.

If anything, I think it shows that there is a demand for rational ideas that challenge the MSM.

I read he had been demonitized by Google, but I didn't know he had been sued :O

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Alibaba probably. It has been so beaten up it reminds me of Boeing when their planes were falling out of the sky.

Yet, alibaba is still a highly profitable company right now.

Of course there is a great deal of political risk so don’t yolo, even if the numbers make you want to.

Buy High-Sell Low Cathie Wood keeps screwing this one up, which means it’s probably good to go.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Alibaba probably. It has been so beaten up it reminds me of Boeing when their planes were falling out of the sky.

Yet, alibaba is still a highly profitable company right now.

Of course there is a great deal of political risk so don’t yolo, even if the numbers make you want to.

I’m literally on the opposite side of @Kak on Alibaba prediction. Like betting on Blockbuster instead of Netflix back in the day. Just because it was beat up, doesn’t mean it was a good investment. Hmm … or Kodak?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I’m literally on the opposite side of @Kak on Alibaba prediction. Like betting on Blockbuster instead of Netflix back in the day. Just because it was beat up, doesn’t mean it was a good investment. Hmm … or Kodak?
Ok Cathie. :rofl:

Alibaba is the largest e-commerce company on earth. If you could show me an example of a company with the dominance of Alibaba going broke or out of business in the ensuing decade I’d be surprised.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Ok Cathie. :rofl:

Alibaba is the largest e-commerce company on earth. If you could show me an example of a company with the dominance of Alibaba going broke or out of business in the ensuing decade I’d be surprised.

hmm… you make a good point, if it wasn’t Chinese or if Xi didn’t decide who lives or dies.

The business fundamentals are as strong as they can be! But the 2.3bl fine just like that? Stopped the IPO for the money sub, just like that?

Tell me, why is the price for stock down so much in the last 12 months?

I have no horse in this race bud, you win or lose and I couldn’t care less. I’m just pointing out that Xi has all the power. He decides which business lives. And our beloved Alibaba hasn’t been on his good side.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
hmm… you make a good point, if it wasn’t Chinese or if Xi didn’t decide who lives or dies.

The business fundamentals are as strong as they can be! But the 2.3bl fine just like that? Stopped the IPO for the money sub, just like that?

Tell me, why is the price for stock down so much in the last 12 months?

I have no horse in this race bud, you win or lose and I couldn’t care less. I’m just pointing out that Xi has all the power. He decides which business lives. And our beloved Alibaba hasn’t been on his good side.
Political risk is the only risk here in my opinion. I fully understand the entire reason for the stock diving is because of their government. This “crackdown” crap will eventually cool off for the Chinese government’s own good.

I love how CNBC calls it “crackdown” as if these companies were actually doing something wrong. The reality is the government just targeted what they believed to be a challenge to their authority.

When you discuss blockbuster or Kodak, those were victims of creative destruction, not government.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.