The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Flint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Jul 14, 2020
Why is it that family is more envious of your success than strangers?

It absolutely blows my mind.

Especially the ones that pretend like they're not.

For example:

Them: "G Wagons are my favourite car. I wish I can buy one."

You get a G Wagon

Them: "Oh, I would never spend that much money on a car. I rather buy a condo!"

Why not say "congrats", or "good for you!", or "oh wow, can I drive it!".

If I hated Hondas, and my friend got a Honda, I would never tell him that "Oh, I hate Hondas. And besides, you should've bought a condo instead."

It just makes you look so weak and disingenuous.

Because you had very similar circumstances, so it's harder for them to rationalize away why you are successful and they aren't.

They would have to admit to their own potential, and the fact they haven’t lived up to all of it.

Few people can do that.
Yup, it's a coping mechanism for a blend of envy, regret and bruised ego.

Better that than going all rage on you or getting depressed/folding, right?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
We’re long way from a healthy environment. Me putting a plastic bottle in the damn “ recycling bin” doesn’t do sh*5 if a rocket launch produces 200 to 300 metric tons of carbon dioxide.

But heeeey, let’s all be happy about space tourism !
Big brands tossing “Recycle me” on their bottles, selling the idea of a green company when in reality it saves them money.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
1627993504373.png

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
View attachment 39314
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Now that’s a first.

You can do steroids, no problem.
No covid vaccines though :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think he’s afraid the equipment will stick to people’s arms

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks God for all the crazy shit that's been going on for the past 1.5 years as a painful, unforgettable reminder that being ignorant of world events is actually optimal.

X1000.

I love my cultural ignorance.

Having a life worth living means I don't give a shit about FOX/CNN, who hates who, who Tweeted what, who did what in pro sports, or what the latest Hollywood propaganda movies are in theaters.

The last time I watched reality TV was My 600lb Life probably 4 years ago (Lol @Antifragile )

When I watch Netflix, I only watch foreign films with subtitles. Better actors, better stories, and more in line with reality.

American television is virtually unwatchable.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
X1000.

I love my cultural ignorance.

Having a life worth living means I don't give a shit about FOX/CNN, who hates who, who Tweeted what, who did what in pro sports, or what the latest Hollywood propaganda movies are in theaters.

The last time I watched reality TV was My 600lb Life probably 4 years ago (Lol @Antifragile )

When I watch Netflix, I only watch foreign films with subtitles. Better actors, better stories, and more in line with reality.

American television is virtually unwatchable.

The only function of mainstream media is to distract and demoralize you. It serves no other function that to sew misery.

As much as you can, get your news from people you know about things that they saw first hand.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I've become (nearly) addicted to Korean Dramas. They're incredible. Way better than anything else I've seen, great characters and great story lines.

If anyone wants to try some, the best I've seen so far are:
  • It's Ok to Not Be Ok
  • Healer
  • Are You Human?
  • K2
Dangerously addictive shows that only last for one season, so the plot doesn't get diluted and stretched.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
"History is not the soil in which happiness grows. The periods of happiness in it are the blank pages of history."

—Georg Wilhelm Hegel

Food for thought:

Whatever difficulties we've endured over the last few years, and whatever difficulties certainly lie ahead, the most memorable times were often very difficult (war and plague), and the most memorable people were remembered for the difficulties that they overcame.

If the future won't be fun, at least it will be meaningful.

Train

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
May 11, 2021
It's very rare that the person on the left is mature enough and stable enough to objectively read this type of situation, because normally the reaction is to protect one's own ego, even if that means lying to yourself, or tearing down the other person.

Definitely, I would have thought "it's just luck" in reaction to this comic before I found this forum.

Even in my slowlane job, it was only when I disregarded my ego that I made room for improvements and eventually saw success.

Specifically, I had to admit my interview skills sucked. So I started begrudgingly getting feedback from managers, working strategies, tediously practicing.

10 grueling interviews later and I landed an early promotion and higher salary than guys who have been at the company longer.

It's sad because my coworkers were not stuck for lack of hard work. They were just as capable. They just didn't channel their efforts optimally.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

There is a very common style for webpages online right now, in 2021, just like there was a distinct style 10, and 20, years ago.

I wonder what the next style will be, and what it will feel like looking back on the current style of webpages.

Personally, I think there should be more variety. The whole internet currently has this minimalist, blue/white color thing going on.

Oh, and animations. Everyone has animations it seems.

Devampre

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 6, 2016
Canada
There is a very common style for webpages online right now, in 2021, just like there was a distinct style 10, and 20, years ago.

I wonder what the next style will be, and what it will feel like looking back on the current style of webpages.

Personally, I think there should be more variety. The whole internet currently has this minimalist, blue/white color thing going on.

I like animations, but it's important to design as to not confuse the user and ensure that they take the desired action.

I feel like certain UI components aren't going away anytime soon (navbars, cta buttons, forms, etc.) They may be styled differently, but they are too fundamental to a websites UX and overall purpose.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It's very rare that the person on the left is mature enough and stable enough to objectively read this type of situation, because normally the reaction is to protect one's own ego, even if that means lying to yourself, or tearing down the other person.

It's luck!!!

Luck?

No, asymmetric returns.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Can any of you recommend a good f*cked up movie?

Fight Club as an example - very good, but very dark
Memento

I predict the future will see the logo and navigation migrate to the bottom of the screen. The mobile "hamburger" menu will show up more and more on desktop.

SharpeningBlade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
201%
May 26, 2021
San Francisco, CA
they are already doing the mandate here in SF at a lot of places over the last couple weeks and most people are loving it, very few people complaining about it. I don't eat much at restaurants or bars so it doesn't affect me but as soon as it applies to all employees or to enter grocery stores etc, that's going to be interesting to see.

Last edited:

SharpeningBlade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
201%
May 26, 2021
San Francisco, CA

I think probably we are on course within the next 5 years to have big adoption of virtual and augmented reality interfaces if society doesn't completely regress to the 1700s, but yeah 3d is going to be huge

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
There is nothing on the post about steroids.
I know.

I was just saying, that you don’t see gym owners saying “ we’re not accepting people that do steroids”.

Since both are injected, I made a joke you didn’t find funny. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Has anyone done a test on allergies - if so was it accurate?

I am allergic to something but can't figure out what. I sometimes start sneezing like crazy and then it's gone 20 minutes later. Have never been able to figure it out but it never was bad enough to go to a doctor either.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY

I am allergic to something but can't figure out what. I sometimes start sneezing like crazy and then it's gone 20 minutes later. Have never been able to figure it out but it never was bad enough to go to a doctor either.

Yes they poke your arms up and down with needles and then you wait 30 minutes to see what puffs up. It's itchy but it works. I got allergy shots for several years. It really helped long term!

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Yes. I've had one of those tests, and it is highly accurate.

Go to an ENT/allergy clinic. I also took allergy shots for years and was basically cured for years after that.

They've slowly come back though once I finished maintenance.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.