The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Thanks guys! Yes! New healthy baby and healthy mom.

I have had little for sleep since late Saturday night and then they come talk to me about government mandates on my 1.5 day old son. Gross. GTFOOH creepy communist Uncle Sam.
Congrats @Kak !!! Very exciting!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Worse. With that dumb "vaccine passport" that governments are working on it is:

"buy our product or you can't live anymore". See if you can avoid vaccination when you can't go grocery shopping without it. I see idiots in my country praising the government for this act of bravery.

How do these people want more government???

For the record, over 100k people died in Italy. Yes, that is awful, death is a serious issue. What about the million or so people who have been out of work for 14 months and that are going to be homeless soon? Do they not matter? We sacrificed the lives of million of people in the name of..."public health"...whatever that means.

And what about the other thousands upon thousands of people who fell into depression? These don't matter either. Get f*cked.
exactly. And, those 100,000 that died? How old were they, what other ailments did they already have, and how much longer would they have lived without the virus? Probable answers: "Pretty old," "several other ailments that would eventually kill them," and "not much longer ."

My kids have significant psychological issues directly caused by the isolation. Significant meaning 'sent to the psych ward for a week to stabilize.' Its heartbreaking to watch. Mine is just one family. How about the hundreds of millions suffering the same fate?

"But what if it were your loved one that died? You'd feel differently then."

What a stupid argument. No, I wouldn't. Why? Because I'm an adult who understands there are tradeoffs in life.

Along those same lines, we could immediately save 30,000 lives each year in the US by cutting the speed limit to 15 MPH. We judge the benefit to society of 65 MPH speeds as worth more than the 30,000 lives lost. I'm willing to bet that the the relatives of a loved one killed in a car crash drive 65 MPH on their way to the funeral.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Congrats @Kak !!! Very exciting!!
Setting up a trust fund for him right away. I’ll toss $50k in there next week. Check this out.

He can have it when he’s my age, so 31.

Even with no other contributions, time is on his side! Of course it will probably not be in USD forever.

3EE339A0-1946-40CC-B81F-83767A37CB73.jpeg

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
In 31 years I suspect $2M will buy him a nice Chevy, and that's me being optimistic. :rofl:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
In 31 years I suspect $2M will buy him a nice Chevy, and that's me being optimistic. :rofl:
That math I posted hopes for buying power growth equivalence because I’m right there with you.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
That math I posted hopes for buying power growth equivalence because I’m right there with you.
Why not just buy 1 bitcoin for him . In 30 years i’ll be worth several trillions and the FED still will say inflation is under control .

Ps: congrats on your newborn! And I have been loving the radio show.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Why not just buy 1 bitcoin for him . In 30 years i’ll be worth several trillions and the FED still will say inflation is under control .

I'd love for this to be true, but if you do the math it doesn't make any sense.

How could millions of people all have trillions of dollars each without completely devaluing the value of a trillion dollars? Think about it.

Your asset class can only rise so much if everyone else is in it. For example: if I buy 1 share of SPY, maybe it goes up 500% but guess what? There are thousands of people who own many thousands of times more shares than I have in SPY, so relatively, what have I gained?

I'm not saying long term investments are pointless - they're not. But you have to consider the bigger picture of what happens when your investment goes up, to estimate how much better off you will actually be.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Thanks guys! Yes! New healthy baby and healthy mom.

I have had little for sleep since late Saturday night and then they come talk to me about government mandates on my 1.5 day old son. Gross. GTFOOH creepy communist Uncle Sam.

Congrats man!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Yep. I totally agree with this. I’m glad you’re loving it @Matt Sun

@thechosen1 there is a point in which there is no amount of dollars will buy a Bitcoin, an ounce of gold, a car, a toothbrush. That’s the point when it might as well be several trillion, and it still won’t matter.

I have 500 trillion Zimbabwe dollars hanging in my office. I paid 4 dollars for them on eBay. The seller also had to ship them to me.

I sincerely hope they decide to price stocks in sound money of some kind at some point.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
They send my son’s hearing test results to the state. Why? What possible reason does the mafia need to know the results of my sons hearing test? Which he passed, by the way.

The nurse said they do that “so we can make sure he’s all healthy” with a big smile on her face. Stockholm syndrome. Did you not just test it and find that he’s all healthy? Now you need to take your findings and send them to the government just to be sure? Joke.

Get me out of this place. The hospital and this communist shithole country.
Wait, so he was born? Congratulations!!! You must be in love! So awesome. Very happy for you.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Yeah it's kind of like...

Okay if I buy X amount of Facebook stock and cross my fingers that it will make me a millionaire (not a good investing strategy) - how much would Mark Zuckerberg be worth in that scenario?

If the answer is "more than global GDP" - rest assured, it's not going to happen.

A lot of people are making similar claims about crypto that simply don't add up in terms of broader economics.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
To any guys out there who are neglecting their friendships because you got a girlfriend and got comfortable:

Your lack of interesting social life will make you boring to that woman and your over-dependence on her for all of your social needs will be a huge turnoff for her.

Coasting in relationships is a great way to end up single.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Excellent list, i would add to that "charisma on command" by charlie houpert.

You're the second person to mention this one recently. Never heard of it. I'll check it out.

To any guys out there who are neglecting their friendships because you got a girlfriend and got comfortable:

Your lack of interesting social life will make you boring to that woman and your over-dependence on her for all of your social needs will be a huge turnoff for her.

Coasting in relationships is a great way to end up single.

Preach.

On the flip side, ending up single is a great way to reinvigorate those friendships.

:arrow: It's the Circle of Liiiiiiiife....

-----------

Speaking of... I'm a little late to the congrats party, but a belated welcome to the fatherhood fraternity @Kak. Next cigar's on me.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Visited Puerto Banus today. I’m a girl who isn’t into cars but my darling man and boy children noticed three Aston Martins, a few Maserattis, a Bentley and a bunch of Porsches.

I noticed the waves. Lol. Anyhoo it’s a great day! 6DC3BC5F-2534-401A-A364-CA1B87996B94.jpeg

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
A quick point on Stoicism:

You will mess yourself up if you try to not feel emotions - you'll either end up neurotic or passive and worthless.

Great men have always experienced incredibly intense passions, but they were able to control those passions while still benefiting from all of the energy that those emotions produced.

You can think of it like this - uncontrolled explosions can be incredibly destructive and wipe out cities; whereas tightly controlled explosions can be used to send spaceships to other planets.

Don't try to weaken your emotions - become strong enough to manage them under any intensity.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
So EU is turning in China 2.

TL;DR- To be voted bill in essence - if your content is disliked by government of any EU country, government has the right to remove it within one hour without any court order.
Just like that.

Ofc, one might say that its for terrorism content but tell yourself this:
"Government never used terrorism as a cover-up for their real motives".
If you will repeat this many times you'll sleep better at night.
Worth doing.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
"Few know how to grow old. Plato knew - to learn like Solen and to teach like Socrates; to guide the eager young and to find the intellectual love of comrades. For his students loved him as he loved them. He was their friend as well as their philosopher and guide."

-The Story of Philosophy

hellolin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 27, 2015

He is also assuming 12% interest returns, that's like Warren buffet numbers. In reality, he will get about 6% after tax and all the other bullshit that will happen in 30 years from now, if he is lucky. Well that's going to happen to all of our mutual funds anyways.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Microsoft's deal to buy discord fell through. Now they're considering IPO. This article says they were valued at around $10 billion last year. None of this sounds like good news if you like discord.

Discord’s valuation doubled in less than six months last year and its stock is only looking hotter in 2021. A well-loved voice chat app originally built for gamers,

That's how it goes though.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Could you elaborate on why? Discord not getting gobbled up in the microsoft ecosystem doesn't sound like bad news to tech-oriented people

The Microsoft deal falling through is good news.

IPO is bad news for those who like discord just like it is for the users of any service. Bring in shareholders and the product goes to shit.

That's why I quoted the part about discord starting as a well-loved voice chat app for gamers.

After IPO or acquisition, the company will evolve in whatever way will generate the most profit for shareholders even at the expense of the user group that helped it get its start.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts