The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I recently had the misfortune of meeting a woman who said that she preferred dudes with "dad bods" because muscular guys made her feel inferior and that she doesn't like American beauty standards.

Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser.

Avoid people like this at all costs. Not just in fitness, but in all aspects of life. Anyone that frowns upon having high standards is a loser whose influence will rot you from the inside.

Only spend time with winners*.

*winners include people who haven't accomplished anything yet, but are on the path to do so.
Ok, so the chick was honest about what is sexually attractive to her.. and you’re calling her a loser?

You and her have different values. No big deal.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Ok, so the chick was honest about what is sexually attractive to her.. and you’re calling her a loser?

No, you misunderstood.

She's saying what someone else should be sexually attracted to, not what she is attracted to.

I mean... Really? These are the people who claim to be tolerant and in support of others' preferences? Lol

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Correction: she sets low standards for herself and claims to prefer other people with low standards so that she doens't have to come to terms with the fact that she doesn't take care of herself. She's a bullshitter.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
What's up with people who act like "society" has "beauty standards?"

It doesn't make any sense.

Nietzsche has some interesting takes on this, but it ultimately boils down to the fact that people who lack agency like having someone to blame and whine about.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Nietzsche has some interesting takes on this, but it ultimately boils down to the fact that people who lack agency like having someone to blame and whine about.
Makes sense.

I mean, as a guy I have what I find attractive and what I don't. Guy friends often agree on some things and disagree on others. That's totally fine.

But it's so bizarre that someone would come up to me and say "you like fit girls over fat girls because you've been brainwashed by [insert dumb collectivist term here]."

Like...No. That's not why. And please, brush your teeth.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

What is considered the minimum amount of cash for it to be worth it to dump your money into dividends etc?

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
It's been a while since I've been to a wedding, so maybe I'm not fresh on how things work, but I got this in the mail and it doesn't sit right with me. It's from a family member I've had no contact with in 15 years or more. Maybe I'm misinterpreting it, but it seems like they want to have a wedding and honeymoon and they want me to pay for it. At my last wedding, I didn't ask anyone for anything.

Invitation.png

Also, without this note, I would've sent a gift but probably wouldn't have attended. With the note, I probably won't do either.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

It's been a while since I've been to a wedding, so maybe I'm not fresh on how things work, but I got this in the mail and it doesn't sit right with me. It's from a family member I've had no contact with in 15 years or more. Maybe I'm misinterpreting it, but it seems like they want to have a wedding and honeymoon and they want me to pay for it. At my last wedding, I didn't ask anyone for anything.

View attachment 37501

Also, without this note, I would've sent a gift but probably wouldn't have attended. With the note, I probably won't do either.
I feel you man. That’s just rude of them.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
No, you misunderstood.

She's saying what someone else should be sexually attracted to, not what she is attracted to.

I mean... Really? These are the people who claim to be tolerant and in support of others' preferences? Lol
Correction: she sets low standards for herself and claims to prefer other people with low standards so that she doens't have to come to terms with the fact that she doesn't take care of herself. She's a bullshitter.

Did you point out that fact to her?

ETA: I can’t delete that top quote.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
No. People like that would never listen.

I know that. You know that. I’m wondering why you’re letting it ruffle you.. which was my original point. But.. this is the rants thread so maybe you just needed to get it off your chest.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I know that. You know that. I’m wondering why you’re letting it ruffle you.. which was my original point. But.. this is the rants thread so maybe you just needed to get it off your chest.

Simple: because what's obvious to me isn't obvious to everyone else. The point was to warn 1) people who haven't dealt with this type of garbage and 2) people who have but haven't had the problem articulated to them.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This is a first-of-its-kind LEGO mosaic gun concealment,

Sweet!!! You'd sell millions of those if you were allowed to advertise.

What is considered the minimum amount of cash for it to be worth it to dump your money into dividends etc?

Enough to generate a 4-figure passive income. A $1000 check a month for doing nothing is always nice. That's about $300,000 @ 4% dividend yield. With inflation running high, you'll have to hope the underlying appreciates.

I wouldn't either. The invite and presumption is tacky.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Simple: because what's obvious to me isn't obvious to everyone else. The point was to warn 1) people who haven't dealt with this type of garbage and 2) people who have but haven't had the problem articulated to them.
oh.

But your values are unique to you. Somebody else might really appreciate her low physical standards. I think ppl would be better served by you pointing out how miserable ppl make themselves by pairing up with someone who doesn’t share their pursuits/passions/beliefs.

You have an amazing story of physical change. There are plenty of great ppl who haven’t put a lot of effort into physicality like you.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
oh.

But your values are unique to you. Somebody else might really appreciate her low physical standards. I think ppl would be better served by you pointing out how miserable ppl make themselves by pairing up with someone who doesn’t share their pursuits/passions/beliefs.

You have an amazing story of physical change. There are plenty of great ppl who haven’t put a lot of effort into physicality like you.

Fitness in this case is just a symptom of the real issue, which was the victim psychology that this woman exhibited.

I don't mean for this to come off as boasting (even though I'm anything but humble), but most people won't hit my level physically, and that's fine. Lifting is something that I'm fanatical about, and most people just don't have the time (or have other physical interests like running or MMA). As much as I'd love for everyone to get on my level, it won't happen. Though, I refuse to compromise on certain baseline standards and stand by my conviction that taking care of yourself is a moral duty to both yourself and the people who you care about.

Her issue was that she was rationalizing things away to cope with obvious problems (of which the dad bod piece was just one symptom of many) that made her a ticking time bomb for bigger problems down the road.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria

View attachment 37501

Thats sad!
It shows, how desperate they are.
You needn’t send money, but be honorable!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Happiness is waking up to see 62 new members joined the forum.

Disappointment is seeing only 11 of them are legit, the rest are backlinkers, meditation spammers, affiliate marketers, and drive-by promoters.

:rofl:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Choices choices choices.......... Those evil republicans! Even with a fulltime job there is still some time left to work on X or Y.

1617836901123.png

I'm pretty stupid when it comes to political stuff, interesting to see two sides of thought when it comes to political stuff, democrats are this, reps are racist whatever.. but with the ''racist republican'' viewpoint it's fascinating to see proud black republicans and on the flip side black democrats that cry racism. Just a random thought! No politics :smile:

Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Has anyone ever done wilderness camping? Considering to give it a go this summer, bit worried about being eaten alive by a bear but seems like it would be a nice change of scenery waking up to the sun every morning.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Has anyone ever done wilderness camping? Considering to give it a go this summer, bit worried about being eaten alive by a bear but seems like it would be a nice change of scenery waking up to the sun every morning.

I plan to do it when it gets warmer here. But there's no real wilderness anywhere where I live so it doesn't come with the risk of being eaten by a bear LOL.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I plan to do it when it gets warmer here. But there's no real wilderness anywhere where I live so it doesn't come with the risk of being eaten by a bear LOL.

Where are you from? Here it's quite common to run into bears, last year I had 3 encounters :wideyed:

I'd imagine going somewhere even more remote would increases the chances of meeting one! Talk about a crap your pants and get a mini heart attack moment LOL. Mountain lions seem worse than bears though, sneaky little cats that attack from behind in silence.... at least with a bear you get a warning growl.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Where are you from? Here it's quite common to run into bears, last year I had 3 encounters :wideyed:

Poland. There are some bears in the mountains but it's still extremely rare (there are only 110 bears in the entire country) and over there, you can't legally wild camp overnight. My biggest "risk" around here would be wild boars but they aren't really a risk.

I'd imagine going somewhere even more remote would increases the chances of meeting one! Talk about a crap your pants and get a mini heart attack moment LOL. Mountain lions seem worse than bears though, sneaky little cats that attack from behind in silence.... at least with a bear you get a warning growl.

If you follow basic safety procedures (particularly for bears) I doubt you'll have any problems. But if you do... think of the cool stories :happy:

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
I don't understand how someone who is emailing me and sees my name as Rebecca (going back and forth multiple times) suddenly starts calling me Rachel, Rhonda, or Sarah. Are you not paying attention?

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
I don't understand how someone who is emailing me and sees my name as Rebecca (going back and forth multiple times) suddenly starts calling me Rachel, Rhonda, or Sarah. Are you not paying attention?

We get it, Jamie.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah