The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Cyberthal

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Apr 14, 2020
Shenzhen
Ah, a critique of both sides! Do I hear a "please don't beat me" in there?

But who exactly are we scared of? The numbers don't lie — that's the government's job! By which I mean the mainstream press, which is totally not the government. Or the church. Definitely not the state church! That would imply some sort of informal oligarchy...

We are all Americans; Sherman's march to the sea proved that. Who needs further proof? Please forward their names to the FBI. Bonus social credit points for reporting family members.

When will we heal, said the frog to the scorpion?
Keep hoping, the scorpion replied.

Gab has been resourceful and resilient, nothing like Parler, as the Tweet dishonestly implies. Though Gab has earned a fair share of mockery here and there. When your business model is surge capacity, invest in that before more crappy features.

Nobody's mocking Rumble, which seems like a sophisticated YouTube challenger.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Ah, a critique of both sides! Do I hear a "please don't beat me" in there?

But who exactly are we scared of? The numbers don't lie — that's the government's job! By which I mean the mainstream press, which is totally not the government. Or the church. Definitely not the state church! That would imply some sort of informal oligarchy...

We are all Americans; Sherman's march to the sea proved that. Who needs further proof? Please forward their names to the FBI. Bonus social credit points for reporting family members.

When will we heal, said the frog to the scorpion?
Keep hoping, the scorpion replied.

Gab has been resourceful and resilient, nothing like Parler, as the Tweet dishonestly implies. Though Gab has earned a fair share of mockery here and there. When your business model is surge capacity, invest in that before more crappy features.

Nobody's mocking Rumble, which seems like a sophisticated YouTube challenger.

Gab is doing great, and will do great.

I don't understand the jokes about "frog" and "scorpion." Are you insinuating that the only thing that matters is who can bully citizens the best?

Yikes. Not sure who would stay civil through that. You're just asking for violence and stirring it up with this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyberthal

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Apr 14, 2020
Shenzhen
In the parable, you are the frog, and the scorpion wants you to keep hoping for healing, and to keep hopping, because he is getting a free ride and a satisfying exercise of sadism out of it.

Bullying is certainly the optimal individual strategy when it goes unpunished. However, the important thing is to remain civil.

afrankmore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 5, 2020
Central California
So, I am sitting here at my day job listening to a doctor talk to a scribe about her future. I cant help but think and laugh to myself because this Doc is pushing the slowlane agenda.. Go to school, get a high paying job and work until you can retire. He is trying to explain what law school is like and what they teach you in the first four years, and i'm thinking but didn't you go to medical school? Then he goes on to tell her that she needs to find her niche and pursue that career. He has made some good points, such as going to a law firm and work for free to see if she likes it.. nonetheless, this conversation is stressing me out and i'm not even a part of it. I think its time to step away from this slow lane area, and think about my next execution process for my lane!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
There was a great thread about a hockey player who made millions going broke but now I can’t find it. I was hoping to share with a friend.

Anyone know what I’m talking about? Thanks.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
D

Deleted78083

I saw on Twitter people calling on Musk to create a free speech social media platform.

I found that ironic. Once you are an entrepreneur, suddenly, in people's mind, you are supposed to produce anything for anyone.

Then the same people complain "OmG bIlLiOnNaIrEs aRe ToO riCh!".

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Masks are about compliance. The only rewards to compliance tests like wearing a mask, taking the vaccine, closing down your business are even worse compliance tests.

View: https://twitter.com/ZNeveri/status/1349460356595376133

Who was that fastlane member that called BS on covid in March and argued with everyone? He was right.
@Rivoli

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Masks are about compliance. The only rewards to compliance tests like wearing a mask, taking the vaccine, closing down your business are even worse compliance tests.

View: https://twitter.com/ZNeveri/status/1349460356595376133

Who was that fastlane member that called BS on covid in March and argued with everyone? He was right.
The compliance is off the charts now.

I used to go out for a walk, or go to the beach and see other unmasked normies, but that changed over the last 2-3 months it seems. Nearly every is masked up, even without another person in sight.

Wearing a mask, on the beach, in January, in Massachusetts, when there is practically no one there, is retarded.

All critical thought has been destroyed.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

The compliance is off the charts now.

I used to go out for a walk, or go to the beach and see other unmasked normies, but that changed over the last 2-3 months it seems. Nearly every is masked up, even without another person in sight.

Wearing a mask, on the beach, in January, in Massachusetts, when there is practically no one there, is retarded.

All critical thought has been destroyed.
I’ve only been up there once or twice. Went to Nahant I believe?
They had gates and fences, you had to get permission to even go on the beach!! Super bizarre since I’m from Texas and we park our trucks where the tide will come in lol

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
I’ve only been up there once or twice. Went to Nahant I believe?
They had gates and fences, you had to get permission to even go on the beach!! Super bizarre since I’m from Texas and we park our trucks where the tide will come in lol
Nahant! That is where the mask nazism is the worst.

The big beach you went to is a state beach run by the DCR. They suck. Out of state plates used to be $7 to park just two years ago, I think they’re up to $40

There are a bunch of smaller town beaches close by, but difficult to get into without being a resident. Took me a few years to figure out how to do it.

I only know of one beach in the state where you can drive on, which is in Provincetown. Only did it once, it was the balls.

I am fleeing this state this year. Looking at Texas and Florida, but I’m not married to either. I’ve also been looking at Greenville, SC but that might be a bit too far from the ocean for me.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

jackBruh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 14, 2020
Because they're not scared of dying, they're considerate of others and are trying to reduce harm to others. Putting others well being ahead of your own discomfort is noble IMHO. Whether or not you believe in the virus or if the public is misled, making fun of people looking out for each other is antisocial.

Cyberthal

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Apr 14, 2020
Shenzhen
Masks are a universally accepted means of inhibiting respiratory contagion. COVID19 is globally accepted as a significant epidemic, although some countries with strong voluntary hygiene get by with minimal de jure countermeasures.

Those who deny masks may deny washing hands by the same logic, and those who deny COVID19 may deny the flu as well.

Those who take irrational positions as extreme as Flat Earthism do so out of rejection of toxic modernity, blindly flailing at they know not what, like animals removed from their natural habitat into cages tearing at their own flesh. There is no point debating a sick animal. One should avoid contact altogether. Who knows what portion of reality he will selectively reject next?

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Banned where?

the UK is planning to have diesel and petrol cars banned by 2030.

Just another sacrifice the public have to make for the sake of sacrifice.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Nahant! That is where the mask nazism is the worst.

The big beach you went to is a state beach run by the DCR. They suck. Out of state plates used to be $7 to park just two years ago, I think they’re up to $40

There are a bunch of smaller town beaches close by, but difficult to get into without being a resident. Took me a few years to figure out how to do it.

I only know of one beach in the state where you can drive on, which is in Provincetown. Only did it once, it was the balls.

I am fleeing this state this year. Looking at Texas and Florida, but I’m not married to either. I’ve also been looking at Greenville, SC but that might be a bit too far from the ocean for me.
Funny story but I was in a LDR with a chick from Boston. Didn’t go so well but the trips were fun.

Florida would be my pick.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Masks are a universally accepted means of inhibiting respiratory contagion. COVID19 is globally accepted as a significant epidemic, although some countries with strong voluntary hygiene get by with minimal de jure countermeasures.

Those who deny masks may deny washing hands by the same logic, and those who deny COVID19 may deny the flu as well.

Those who take irrational positions as extreme as Flat Earthism do so out of rejection of toxic modernity, blindly flailing at they know not what, like animals removed from their natural habitat into cages tearing at their own flesh. There is no point debating a sick animal. One should avoid contact altogether. Who knows what portion of reality he will selectively reject next?
Plenty of evidence suggests masks do little to nothing to stop the spread of respiratory illness.

Comparing people of sound mind to flat earthers is totally disingenuous. It’s downright ludicrous to say that someone who opposes masks in unnecessary situations doesn’t wash their hands.

Plenty of morons out there are wearing masks and not washing their hands after they take a dump. Guaranteed. Arguing with those people would be “debating a sick animal.”

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Because they're not scared of dying, they're considerate of others and are trying to reduce harm to others. Putting others well being ahead of your own discomfort is noble IMHO. Whether or not you believe in the virus or if the public is misled, making fun of people looking out for each other is antisocial.
img_2021_01_10_08_06_57.jpg

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I have a hypothesis:

- That the people who HAVE contracted and recovered from CV should take zero precautions.

Why?

Because, IF the fear mongering about how you can get it again after X date (lets say 8 months) is true, wouldn't it be preferable to continue to be exposed, while going about your daily life, at LEAST a couple of times in those 8 month windows?

My reasoning is that it would act like a booster shot to your antibodies. Your body would fight off basically nothing from a position of strength and maintain the position of strength long term. So the fear mongering should back fire on them...

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh

I did not know this
:blank:

But still, almost every automobile industry is developing their own electric car. Even Apple is! I'm willing to bet Tesla won't be the first to make an electric car that's easily affordable to the average consumer.

Not to mention so many things still rely on fossil fuels, not just cars. One example being (and laughably so) generating electric cars.

I really don't see fossil fuels being obsolete anytime soon.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Ssshhh... Careful, or else

1610725898916.png

Don't worry, we'll definitely have flying electric cars by then. It'll be fiiiine.

For further reading here's an article, but I lost a couple hours on this website.

Rumors that flying electric vehicles will fold up into briefcases are as yet unconfirmed.

With everyone driving electric, the next challenge is where do we get all this extra power needed to power these Kakillac Rotor vehicles?

Precisely.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh

The fact that in 2021, it has to be explained to people why they should protect themselves from a disease is actually hilarious.

I have a hypothesis:

- That the people who HAVE contracted and recovered from CV should take zero precautions.

Why?

Because, IF the fear mongering about how you can get it again after X date (lets say 8 months) is true, wouldn't it be preferable to continue to be exposed, while going about your daily life, at LEAST a couple of times in those 8 month windows?

My reasoning is that it would act like a booster shot to your antibodies. Your body would fight off basically nothing from a position of strength and maintain the position of strength long term. So the fear mongering should back fire on them...
Two of my family members have had it twice, within the span of a few months.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
The fact that in 2021, it has to be explained to people why they should protect themselves from a disease is actually hilarious.

Two of my family members have had it twice, within the span of a few months.
OK, while I posted a legitimate scientific argument to be actually considered, you posted a claim akin to "my uncle smoked a pack a day for 96 years and could run marathons, so cigarettes aren't bad for you."

Get out of here with that conveniently line towing, sample of two, fake science. My wife and I had it once and thankfully live in a part of the country that still kind of believes in personal freedoms, so we have been living life as normal and not recontracting the virus. "ThErE wE caNCel yoU oUt."

Science is testing and considering hypothesis with data. Not blindly following some Italian guy in a lab coat.

Would you take my hypothesis more seriously if I told you I was half Italian and wearing a lab coat?

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I did not know this
:blank:

But still, almost every automobile industry is developing their own electric car. Even Apple is! I'm willing to bet Tesla won't be the first to make an electric car that's easily affordable to the average consumer.

Not to mention so many things still rely on fossil fuels, not just cars. One example being (and laughably so) generating electric cars.

Electricity is generated at power plants using fossil fuels.

They burn a fossil fuel (typically coal, one of the worst ones) that turns a turbine that creates motion, turning a rod within a coil that generates power.

It’s just fossil fuels with extra steps.

We don’t have the right technology yet. Maybe someone on this forum can invent better green energy.

Better yet, keep improving the technology that makes it cleaner to use oil and natural gas. They’re quite abundant.

Nuclear power is also promising.

The problem is that laws are not science. They can get input from engineers and scientists, but politicians ultimately make arbitrary choices.

(there are a few different cycles that can be implemented to improve the efficiency of power generation, things like reheating can help produce more power using less fuel and energy - you learn about this in the first thermodynamics class)

Cyberthal

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Apr 14, 2020
Shenzhen
I was confused by a quote of someone I'd ignored, so I revealed it, to find several "arguments" that masks don't reduce transmission of respiratory viruses. They were all from people already on my ignore list for other reasons.

Scientific illiteracy is a large part of it. Often the guilty parties are scientists themselves, who fail to understand concepts such as p-hacking, particularly when they are paid not to understand them.

However, the reason one shouldn't argue with an anti-masker any more than a Flat Earther is simple. Common sense combined with basic life experience is enough to exclude the position that masks don't inhibit viral respiratory contagion.

Ask yourself this question, oh sane reader:

If you are in a crowded room of co-workers, and John has the flu, would you rather he sneezed into his bandana desperado mask or an elevated rotary fan ventilating the bullpen?

I rest my case.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.