The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Does anyone else on the forum experience this or is it just me???!!?

Just a normal scam operating worldwide... tug an emotional string and then beg for money.

Here the scam is always "I need $20 for bus fare to get to Tuscon so I can see my sick baby."

In Tuscon, its "I need $20 for bus fare to get to Phoenix so I can see my sick baby."

There is no sick baby, only fools who fall for this dumb scam.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Just a normal scam operating worldwide... tug an emotional string and then beg for money.

Here the scam is always "I need $20 for bus fare to get to Tuscon so I can see my hospitalized baby."

In Tuscon, its "I need $20 for bus fare to get to Phoenix so I can see my hospitalized baby."

There is no ailing baby, only fools who fall for this dumb scam.
The other day I was waiting at a left turn. A “homeless” person was asking for money from all the cars waiting at the turn. Anyways, she received a phone call and pulled out an iPhone 11 Pro Max.

I’m in the wrong profession...

D

Deleted78083

The other day I was waiting at a left turn. A “homeless” person was asking for money from all the cars waiting at the turn. Anyways, she received a phone call and pulled out an iPhone 11 Pro Max.

I was passing by a church at night once and there was some music. Curious, I walked towards it and saw a guy sleeping there, watching a Youtube video on his iPhone.

Another one.

On the 25th of December 2013, I volunteered to distribute free meals to people in Perth, Australia, in a giant tent they had installed in the middle of a park.

Half-way through, some artists on stilts came in to entertain the people.

I will never forget about that dude that took out an ipad to take pictures. I was a backpacker and had maybe 500 euros on my account. And I was helping a guy that did not have enough money to eat and yet, had an ipad.

Then today I checked how much entrepreneurs were taxed when they start a company in Belgium.

The answer was 42%. And the more you earn, the more you get taxed.

That led me to a revelation.

Taxing work makes no sense.
It is inactivity that you should tax. If people do nothing, they get taxed. If they start doing something, then society leaves them alone.

I dare not imagine what would unfold.

Last edited by a moderator:

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA

The worst one I’ve seen was a woman and two men holding a 5 gallon water jug filled with bills as they held a picture of a little girl who supposedly had cancer. That thing was full of money. The first time I saw them I felt a little bad doubting it. Because what if it’s true. But then they kept popping up around different intersections by where I live. Turns out they live in a homeless encampment near a freeway(I saw them). Which really makes you think it’s a scam.

Taxing works makes no sense.

The worst tax is probably inflation because it’s hidden and regressive. Everything is taxed once you think about it LOL. But yeah, productivity shouldn’t be taxed. But governments don’t care about that. LOL. They pretend they do but they don’t LOL.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
In the spirit of the holiday... Let's all come together and name some things we would rather do than watch "New Years Rockin Eve" AOC rally that everyone always insists on watching...

I for one would rather be lost at sea in a kayak for a few days.

Morgan77

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Jan 1, 2020
Happy New Year everyone! I've been on this forum for a year now, thankful for all the people who post here and have made some sort of impact on people's lives in ways you don't know. You've certainly helped me develop into a better person. Much love to you all :)

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
On a second hand i'm for vaccines... under one condition:
They'll also make me immune to tv ads and politicians .
If they can do that i'm standing first in a line.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Fastlane storytime: the 18-millions € pizza!
This is the story of an Italian immigrant moving to France at 16 to work in a pizza restaurant. For 9 years, he performed the art of making pizza and at 25, decided to take it up a notch.

Making pizzas by hand is ineffective and does not make much money, he realized, so he bought a small food factory and transformed it into a pizza factory. He upgraded and engineered the entire supply chain almost only by himself (the guy never finished high-school....). When the factory was complete, he started testing his new factory and was soon able to make 50 000 pizzas...per day!

He subsequently contacted frozen pizza brands and supermarkets and got a contract to make pizzas for them.

Today, he is making 75 000 pizzas daily, has 18 employees and his company's revenue is about 18 million euros.

He sells his pizzas for about 0.90€ a piece, which makes...67 500€ of revenue per day lol.

Everything is controlled in the pizza-making process. Since margins are thin, each gram of tomato sauce counts. For example, he came up with a machine that pours exactly 100 grams of tomato sauce on the pizza, 4 olives, etc etc.

Fastlane lesson: If you can figure out a part of the country where there aren't any food factories for frozen food, you'd be able to produce food for supermarkets and brands in the area at a cheaper price since the delivery costs will be lower.

Eg: I did not confirm what follows so I do not know whether it is true or not. A Greek friend of mine told me that Greek olives are the cheapest in Europe, and that they are exported to Spain because the Spanish don't sell their olives in Spain. They sell them to the rest of Europe because they make more money this way.

I thought it was a rather big inefficiency.

Solution: export Greek olives to the rest of Europe for a cheaper price instead of exporting them to Spain.

I think these types of inefficiencies are golden and provide excellent fastlane opportunities.

You do not need to invent a new product. If you improve the quality of an existing product or decrease the cost of its production, you have a fastlane company.

I was going to try out a new pizza place in my town, went up to the front desk and asked if there's a wait for a small pepperoni, clerk asked me my phone number.. um what? I asked again, is there a wait for the pizza? He then asked me if I want to order something......

There goes hundreds of dollars out the window from me, Little Caesars on the other hand always wins my money, no wait time usually and you get a fresh pizza that's fairly large for $6.

Always skeptical of trying new places, so to add to your fastlane lesson, when someone asks something, you should probably answer it, rather than ask a question yourself! Looked up the negative reviews on google...same story.

It's amazing how many business's are out there that have piss poor standards with customer service yet still flourish.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Car guys/gals, yay or nay?

Attachments

• 6956391_01612_f4c2fa65-d3f3-4be6-9337-b0c5a3cc4d47.jpg
    6956391_01612_f4c2fa65-d3f3-4be6-9337-b0c5a3cc4d47.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 20
  • 6956391_00880_7d192670-4f9d-4fbb-b1b0-1e409cdbf705.jpg
    6956391_00880_7d192670-4f9d-4fbb-b1b0-1e409cdbf705.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 6956391_08647_12c8d878-fbf2-49e4-b460-a45b5b7c4630.jpg
    6956391_08647_12c8d878-fbf2-49e4-b460-a45b5b7c4630.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 6956391_01158_4caf47ff-5f61-42df-80ad-1c92192344f2.jpg
    6956391_01158_4caf47ff-5f61-42df-80ad-1c92192344f2.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 18
  • 6956391_04400_1dc9f56e-f6a1-4c61-b479-f88907473858.jpg
    6956391_04400_1dc9f56e-f6a1-4c61-b479-f88907473858.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 6956391_03806_395bd857-d0f1-4c47-a3f5-915601ea34eb.jpg
    6956391_03806_395bd857-d0f1-4c47-a3f5-915601ea34eb.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 6956391_00202_d17730b9-2326-4823-bee1-cb3ddb1fa758.jpg
    6956391_00202_d17730b9-2326-4823-bee1-cb3ddb1fa758.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 6956391_05088_c146de1c-2abd-4dad-b4a9-be085b0005ec.jpg
    6956391_05088_c146de1c-2abd-4dad-b4a9-be085b0005ec.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 20

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Lol. Screw it. Do it.

There may come a day when we can't amass the wealth to own things like that in the west. Of course that means we move, but until then, you've worked hard. If you can afford it, bring it home.

Super tasteful supercar IMO.

I want a ride in it...

I myself was enamored with a little something today dropping off the wife's Benz for service. Weird that they had a new Escalade on the showroom floor of MB Houston North, but whatever. I'll have a black 4x4 ordered in the first half of this year.

Attachments

• 20210104_125550.jpg
    20210104_125550.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Northshore area, New Orleans
I've always liked Audi' design, just have no input on performance and technology compared to similar cars bc I'm more of this type.

Land Cruiser would work as well....bought a rental house instead of the Defender in 2015.

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
I was going to try out a new pizza place in my town, went up to the front desk and asked if there's a wait for a small pepperoni, clerk asked me my phone number.. um what? I asked again, is there a wait for the pizza? He then asked me if I want to order something......

There goes hundreds of dollars out the window from me, Little Caesars on the other hand always wins my money, no wait time usually and you get a fresh pizza that's fairly large for $6.

Always skeptical of trying new places, so to add to your fastlane lesson, when someone asks something, you should probably answer it, rather than ask a question yourself! Looked up the negative reviews on google...same story.

It's amazing how many business's are out there that have piss poor standards with customer service yet still flourish.
My PET PEEVE. I cannot tell you how many bad customer service stories I can tell from personal experience.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
My PET PEEVE. I cannot tell you how many bad customer service stories I can tell from personal experience.

Walked by the same place again today, I'm in a big suburb right by a school.. went to Starbucks for breakfast and there were huge groups of kids getting lunch. All parents money of course, noticed at the pizza store they don't even open until 3 or 4PM during the week.

There is only 2 places to get food from on my block (3 if you include the pizza place) and this bozo thinks it's a good idea to not have his doors open for the busiest rush of the day, seriously you could count out dozens and dozens of hungry kids looking to get food, all he would need to do is open during school hours and run some little promotional offer and revenues would skyrocket.

Free business lesson... business should be open when the market (kids with parent's money) are forming massive groups outside your business a few doors down... seriously, there must of been 30 or 40 kids all huddled together waiting outside of Starbucks, is there any kid out there that doesn't like pizza, potato chips and pop?!?!?

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Per request, the reaction panel now has a "THANK YOU" (the clapping hands emoji).

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
Last edited:

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I don't see the emoji, just blank space.

Same. This is across 3 devices. 2 Android phones and a Windows laptop.
You guys need to do a hard refresh of your browser. You have the old CSS cached.

PC - Ctrl + F5
Mac - Cmd + F5

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I'm sure that someone here is kicking themselves for something that they did or didn't do in the last year.

Stop doing that now. That's a clever procrastination trick your mind plays on you to keep you from working. Stop wasting time thinking about what you should have done then and start spending time focusing on what you should be doing now.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Controversial opinion.
Dammit, that was good lol

ok I don’t want this topic to get going all crazy but how the hell do we spend $1 trillion on defense and miraculously have almost no security at the capitol today

I don’t think it was all planned but it sure is a head scratcher

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Dammit, that was good lol

ok I don’t want this topic to get going all crazy but how the hell do we spend $1 trillion on defense and miraculously have almost no security at the capitol today

I don’t think it was all planned but it sure is a head scratcher

In economics it’s called the “ratchet effect”. :rofl:

It’s like holding on to a balloon that’s lifting you into the sky. Do you keep holding on or do you let go. Both outcomes are bad and either way your screwed. LOL.

:rofl::rofl:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
The rabbit hole gets deeper and deeper......

1610013481211.png

https://www.blogto.com/city/2021/01...9-advisory-table-busted-vacationing-holidays/

The CEO of Niagara Health and St. Joseph's Health System has resigned from Ontario's C0VlD-19 command table after it was revealed he traveled to the Caribbean over the holidays. Dr. Tom Stewart was on vacation from Dec. 18 to Jan. 5, says a statement from St. Joseph's Health System. In that time, he traveled to the Dominican Republic despite public health guidelines urging Ontarians to stay home.

Being a Canadian right now is like being in a twisted horror flick.

''A member of a number of health tables, including, shockingly enough, the Ontario C0VlD-19 Science Advisory Table, which, among other things, creates and releases modelling projections and other data to inform the province's pandemic response.''

Ontario is in a FULL lock down, and the guys making the rules aren't even following them, at least he apologized!?!? Just saw on the news those wannabe french people in Quebec are doing curfews until February... it's illegal to leave your house after XXX time....

CREATES AND RELEASES MODELLING PROJECTIONS!?!? This snake is making $600,000+ a year while Canadians suffer, must be nice.

Where's the police brutality when you need it!?!?

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.