The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Boogie

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Nov 27, 2014
Midwest, USA
I used to take my health for granted, but being in pain every day these days sucks.

I now just wish for ONE day of full mobility and feeling good.

The bills $$$$ keep racking up with no end in sight right now.

I would spent $100,000 if I knew it would fix it, but at the moment, there just isn't a sure path to fixing it as the medical establishment isn't there yet with technology.

i would be happy for treatment and no pain, I don't care for a fix as there doesn't appear to be one.

Surely at some point I'll get the relief I need someway. But just gotta keep trying different treatments.

My lingering pain was hip pain. It seemed like it was a pinched nerve in my lower back. I love my chiropractor, but he could only push me so far so that he didn't hurt me. He would help my hip but it would quickly revert to being in pain.

I ultimately got rid of my back and hip pain with a stretch that I found on Instagram. It popped my back and my hip and back pain stopped immediately. I think it was because I was stretching out the curve of my spine while doing a slight rotation. I pushed myself in just a slightly different way than my chiro did and my spine moved more. I just used this guy's free content and it took care of pain I'd had for years. I did not buy his course. Obviously, I have no idea if any of this would be safe or effective for you.

As a bonus, his approach to Instagram is great for doing demonstrations. (Show, don't tell, to sell)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I've not come across LinkedIn pages like this before.

I'd no idea they could have so many followers.

Curious what you all think of the content.

What's your thoughts @Antifragile and @Kak given you're both big into leadership as a primary skill in business?

Also curious what you think @MTF since you're into content creation.

I feel it's kind of cringy, and what I imagine is on Instagram. It seems to be hitting a note on LinkedIn though, I presume because people are people whatever platform they're on.

I have shared some things from them before. Low utility, but some decent quotes.

I personally think it's that ubiquitous inoffensive linkedin content. The 150 yard drive that lands perfectly in the middle of the fairway. Sure you didn't lose it, but you still aren't going to win that way.

Everyone seems to be putting on an act on LinkedIn. I view it as a place to let people in and help them get to know you. If people understand a little more about you, there might be a way they decide they like you. It might help pull down a few barriers when working on new partnerships and whatnot.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
I used to take my health for granted, but being in pain every day these days sucks.

I now just wish for ONE day of full mobility and feeling good.

The bills $$$$ keep racking up with no end in sight right now.

I would spent $100,000 if I knew it would fix it, but at the moment, there just isn't a sure path to fixing it as the medical establishment isn't there yet with technology.

i would be happy for treatment and no pain, I don't care for a fix as there doesn't appear to be one.

Surely at some point I'll get the relief I need someway. But just gotta keep trying different treatments.

It's because you're over 30 dude /s.

Ok ok, I'll play nice.

The answer is stem cells & dead hangs.

Don't let them open your shoulder up under any circumstances.

The deeper issue is your training, why is your shoulder so messed up? Unless you are doing contact sport or fighting etc, then you need to go back to the drawing board. Getting injured isn't par for the course, it's indicative of an error in training methods/technique.

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
It's because you're over 30 dude /s.

Ok ok, I'll play nice.

The answer is stem cells & dead hangs.

Don't let them open your shoulder up under any circumstances.

The deeper issue is your training, why is your shoulder so messed up? Unless you are doing contact sport or fighting etc, then you need to go back to the drawing board. Getting injured isn't par for the course, it's indicative of an error in training methods/technique.
I love this post. You should exhaust all your options to fix an injury before doing something drastic like surgery to fix it. Especially the possibility of re-aggravating it down the line because you never dealt with the original cause.

I can attest to Deadhangs working well. I used to have chronic shoulder injuries and couldn’t even bench press 100. Pulling motions seem to help the most in counterbalancing the pushing motions. Deadhangs, light pulldowns, face pulls, cuban presses (very light), rear delt flyes, band work, etc.

From the Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine

IMG_2590.jpeg

Most surgeries are superfluous and should be the last resort. Even the medications they give you post surgery further debilitate the issue. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS, one the most heavily prescribed class of drugs) for example inhibit the very mechanism (GAGs) that keep cartilage plump and healthy, thus making joints brittler over time in exchange for short-lived pain relief. On the other hand Glucosamine Sulfate was shown to be more successful with 0 side effects, allowing cartilage to regenerate and joints to heal.

The reason doctors aren't taught to heal patients through diet and exercise is because homeopathic treatment is up to 76% less profitable than allopathic medicine. No wonder every medication has a laundry list of side effects ready to be treated with more unpronounceable medication you can't keep track of. I saw it happen with my own family member, minor joint issues treated with medication, major joint issues, surgeries, more medications, eventual full joint replacements. Mentality again is crucial as well, just see how stress and poor immune functionality correlate, and exacerbate inflammation. Read Gabor Mate.

Last edited:

Eurojanek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Oct 9, 2020
The girl on the left looks to me like Brett Cooper. A conservative youtuber. I like to have some shadenfreude giggle watching her vids.
Anyone wondering what's wrong with todays westen society might find 1958-1962 Mouse Uthopy experiment by John B. Calhoun about behavioral collapse interesting. Also explains why mr Putin wants to press the reset button on western societies. Looks like we are at the stage of "beautyful ones" (MGTOW) already.

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
The girl on the left looks to me like Brett Cooper. A conservative youtuber. I like to have some shadenfreude giggle watching her vids.
Anyone wondering what's wrong with todays westen society might find 1958-1962 Mouse Uthopy experiment by John B. Calhoun about behavioral collapse interesting. Also explains why mr Putin wants to press the reset button on western societies. Looks like we are at the stage of "beautyful ones" (MGTOW) already.
That is Brett Cooper. I've seen a few of her commentary videos on YouTube. I wish more young women though like she did, good head in her shoulders from what I can tell.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
So I posted a while back on here about being pissed about having my rent increase by 25% to $2500/month for that crappy little bungalow I was in. Well I started looking for comps right away, send some to the landlord, they came back with "$2500 is already a great deal and the lowest we will go, if we put it on the open market it will be $2800".

So I thanked them for their house and my family will be moving on. Rent increase day was February 1st. I looked for new places everyday as it is a tight and crappy market here. Exactly two weeks ago I signed a lease on a new place for $2500/month. So same price as what I would be paying at the old place.

There are some startling differences between these two places. I was previously in a bungalow with original insulation and windows (horrible insulation), a insanely small yard that had 3 foot drops on 2 sides due to a lowered parking pad in the back with no protective fence (I have toddlers who can literally just crash off it into bricks below). The house was about 1100sq ft with a developed basement that had incredibly low ceilings. I would be ducking under door frames to not hit my head. While helping me clean for the move out my mom couldn't believe how badly that house was falling apart and didn't know how we stayed so long. 4.5 years. It was a classic example of "lipstick on a pig".

The new house is 2250sq ft above grade, and a fully developed basement. Double attached garage, 4 houses down from a park for kids, and a very nice neighborhood. This place is a mansion compared to where we were, and it's a straight swap in price.

Moving was pretty interesting as I had a maximum of 11 days to pack, clean and get out of there, but I made it work! I am beyond pumped for how much nicer this place is. My family is going to enjoy this place infinitely more than the old one.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Next ten years will be wild...

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022

Just in case we didn't already have enough brain damage from overusing technology - now you can glue the screen to your eyes to get the maximum benefits. :checkbox:

I think this will be the first time in recorded history when the human IQ will start to drop.

Imagine driving your car while wearing this bullshit, and it suddenly runs out of battery or has a random visual glitch when you need to hit the brakes.

Kavin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Jul 28, 2023
Dubai
atp i dont even know what to do my parents are forcing me to do science(math) but i cant qualify the criteria to get into science stream and they dont want me to take any other stream and if i don't get my stream they will send me to india in some filthy hostel .they think im taking commerce or humanites for escaping hard work.like bruh in India how will i communicate my first language is English and there english is gone case plus its so filthy. ill try best to meet the criteria but ill see .plus they are like if you want to be an entrepreneur i need a best degree from some enginnering college :( :(
they just use me as some person to compare with random ppl from the world saying they got 99% and saying that doing arts or humanties stream there is no hope for u and those streams are for dumbasses

Last edited:

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL

"There are characters in Snow Crash called Gargoyles, who are perpetually plugged in. You wrote: "Gargoyles are no fun to talk to. They never finish a sentence. They are adrift in a laser-drawn world, scanning retinas in all directions . . . You think they’re talking to you, but they’re actually poring over the credit record of some stranger on the other side of the room, or identifying the make and model of airplanes flying overhead.”"

"Gargoyles represent the embarrassing side of the Central Intelligence Corporation. Instead of using laptops, they wear their computers on their bodies, broken up into separate modules that hang on the waist, on the back, on the headset. They serve as human surveillance devices, recording everything that happens around them. Nothing looks stupider; these getups are the modern-day equivalent of the slide-rule scabbard or the calculator pouch on the belt, marking the user as belonging to a class that is at once above and far below human society. They are a boon to Hiro because they embody the worst stereotype of the CIC stringer. They draw all of the attention. The payoff for this self-imposed ostracism is that you can be in the Metaverse all the time, and gather intelligence all the time."

Snow Crash (1992)

SnowLava

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jul 7, 2023
India
they just use me as some person to compare with random ppl from the world saying they got 99% and saying that doing arts or humanties stream there is no hope for u and those streams are for dumbasses
Try showing examples of people who took humanities or commerce. Show videos,articles etc. of famous people telling parents not to force their kids into studying something. No point using logic. You gotta change their emotions

SnowLava

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jul 7, 2023
India

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
"There are characters in Snow Crash called Gargoyles, who are perpetually plugged in. You wrote: "Gargoyles are no fun to talk to. They never finish a sentence. They are adrift in a laser-drawn world, scanning retinas in all directions . . . You think they’re talking to you, but they’re actually poring over the credit record of some stranger on the other side of the room, or identifying the make and model of airplanes flying overhead.”"

"Gargoyles represent the embarrassing side of the Central Intelligence Corporation. Instead of using laptops, they wear their computers on their bodies, broken up into separate modules that hang on the waist, on the back, on the headset. They serve as human surveillance devices, recording everything that happens around them. Nothing looks stupider; these getups are the modern-day equivalent of the slide-rule scabbard or the calculator pouch on the belt, marking the user as belonging to a class that is at once above and far below human society. They are a boon to Hiro because they embody the worst stereotype of the CIC stringer. They draw all of the attention. The payoff for this self-imposed ostracism is that you can be in the Metaverse all the time, and gather intelligence all the time."

Snow Crash (1992)

Great, great book. Even more impressive because I think it was his first.

I tried reading some of his later stuff, and it just got to be too dense and cerebral. I can't believe I just wrote those words. Lol.

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
Great, great book. Even more impressive because I think it was his first.

I tried reading some of his later stuff, and it just got to be too dense and cerebral. I can't believe I just wrote those words. Lol.
Yeah I get that. I gave up on a few of his books but liked Anathem and Seveneves.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
atp i dont even know what to do my parents are forcing me to do science(math) but i cant qualify the criteria to get into science stream and they dont want me to take any other stream and if i don't get my stream they will send me to india in some filthy hostel .they think im taking commerce or humanites for escaping hard work.like bruh in India how will i communicate my first language is English and there english is gone case plus its so filthy. ill try best to meet the criteria but ill see .plus they are like if you want to be an entrepreneur i need a best degree from some enginnering college :( :(
they just use me as some person to compare with random ppl from the world saying they got 99% and
They just want what’s best for you, I wish my parents pushed me like this.
saying that doing arts or humanties stream there is no hope for u and those streams are for dumbasses
They’re not wrong. These are degrees for people that have generational wealth.

These are not the type of degree you get if you are relying on it for a safe and reliable income.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

They are 100% right though. So many degrees such as this, will provide you with no economic benefit and leave you in debt.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
I predict this will become a movie. An employee in a Hong Kong company wired $25M to a gang of thieves using deepfakes to appear as employees in a Zoom conference. One appeared as the CFO, who told him to wire the money.

SnowLava

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jul 7, 2023
India
Morbid prediction: Shaq of NBA basketball fame will be dead in 5 years. The guy does not look healthy and I recently heard he'll drink 10 Cokes in one sitting, backed up by 3 steaks, and a chocolate cake.

Food kills. And it's killing Shaq.
Bump

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom

Kavin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Jul 28, 2023
Dubai
They just want what’s best for you, I wish my parents pushed me like this.

They’re not wrong. These are degrees for people that have generational wealth.

These are not the type of degree you get if you are relying on it for a safe and reliable income.
i mean i think you are right thinking through il think i should study hard and get my science stream and use its skills to my benefit in my entrepreneurial journey so well now i gotta study math hard to qualify the exam
thx guys a lot

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Why the bump? Failed prediction? Agreement? Actually looks like he lost some weight and might be paying more attention to his health.

vladikcm

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jul 2, 2022
Spain
Any opinions about Lean Startup and Design Thinking methods?

Bounce Back

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 30, 2023
Florida
Awesome video on video game reselling and many great business tidbits. Ignore the title, it's clickbait.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ1fyTOHdtY
Interesting line the host quoted I haven't heard before: "Nobody hates you who is ahead of you". Something to think over for all the folks I've seen lately posting about worrying about other's thoughts.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Interesting line the host quoted I haven't heard before: "Nobody hates you who is ahead of you". This is something to consider for all the folks I've seen lately posting about worrying about other's thoughts.
I constantly think about this with TikTok. It's a neverending list of haters and I need to remember that they're helping the algorithm get pushed along with engagement. @perchboy reminded me of that.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow, so now we've redefined an emergency fund into F*You Money.

If this was the status of my "FYu" money, I'd be looking at bankruptcy.

This is why you don't take money advice from Twitter-randos.

IMG_B121259BDAD2-1.jpeg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.