The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Those things make a *huge* difference particularly as you get older. Try hanging out with more people your age that don't train regularly. There's already a pretty big gap there. Fast forward another 20 years and the gap is 100x bigger for just doing some of the training you're doing now. It's always worthwhile.
Yeh, well maybe as your really old. I'm just stating my experience at 33 years of age.

I can see it now, friends my age that haven't ever been active look way older than me, so I know my active lifestyle has already paid off for me.

I'm just saying that you aren't the same after 30 in regards to fitness and general health.

The saying "it's all downhill from here" is referencing this fact.

It's obvious, and saying otherwise is BS. It's not a coincidence that most professional sports players retire around this age, as you can't perform at the same level.

People comment on how in shape I am etc, and say I must feel great!

The truth is i dont feel great most of the time, i feel aged, and my body reminds me constantly. Being able to do what I did in my 20s now is a hard battle. Staying healthy is now more difficult. In my 20s it was easy, I felt bulletproof.

You can't expect to be as fit or healthy after that compared to your 20s unless, as I said, you've done F*ck all in your 20s.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Yeh, well maybe as your really old. I'm just stating my experience at 33 years of age.

I can see it now, friends my age that haven't ever been active look way older than me, so I know my active lifestyle has already paid off for me.

I'm just saying that you aren't the same after 30 in regards to fitness and general health.

The saying "it's all downhill from here" is referencing this fact.

It's obvious, and saying otherwise is BS. It's not a coincidence that most professional sports players retire around this age, as you can't perform at the same level.

People comment on how in shape I am etc, and say I must feel great!

The truth is i dont feel great most of the time, i feel aged, and my body reminds me constantly. Being able to do what I did in my 20s now is a hard battle. Staying healthy is now more difficult. In my 20s it was easy, I felt bulletproof.

You can't expect to be as fit or healthy after that compared to your 20s unless, as I said, you've done F*ck all in your 20s.

Dude, what a load of horse shit.

You've hit the magical age of 30 (young btw) and now you are falling apart 'just because', that's not how it works.

I've spent years with guys in their 30s-60s who perform at an elite level, they feel great, have no injuries, full of energy.

I know this may come across as harsh but re-evaluate some of your belief systems around this stuff, you're designing your own physical prison.

Maybe you're in a location where everyone throws in the towel @ 30? I'm not sure.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Dude, what a load of horse shit.

You've hit the magical age of 30 (young btw) and now you are falling apart 'just because', that's not how it works.

I've spent years with guys in their 30s-60s who perform at an elite level, they feel great, have no injuries, full of energy.

I know this may come across as harsh but re-evaluate some of your belief systems around this stuff, you're designing your own physical prison.

Maybe you're in a location where everyone throws in the towel @ 30? I'm not sure.

Show me the 50 year old elite NBA/football player/ fighter? I'll wait.

Maybe your the one that needs to re-evaluate your belief systems.

If you think you can perform at the same elite level you did in your 20s at 40, 50 or even 60 you are crazy and live in a magical dream land utopia not based in reality.

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Wow, this forum is full of really old people. I need to find somewhere else to hang out at...

Just kidding. I turn 39 in a couple months. I am the strongest I have ever been in my life, I can ride my bike up a mountain faster and harder than I have ever been able to, I am also more flexible than I have ever been in my life. All of those things are conscious choices that I work really hard towards.

My lower back issues are creeping up on me a bit more now, but if I adjust some things I do in my life and keep on top of my fitness I rarely even encounter anything. Life gets better and better every year, and I don't see this slowing down anytime soon.

I am jealous of how fast my little kids learn stuff though. If only I had that much brain elasticity!!! Those little punks, showing old dad up with their incredible little brains.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
It's clear we have 2 opposing sides when it comes to health and fitness as we age.

I'm curious, can we all agree on how we feel about drinking as we age?
DotAneAXUAAxx9V.jpg

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Wow, this forum is full of really old people. I need to find somewhere else to hang out at...

Just kidding. I turn 39 in a couple months. I am the strongest I have ever been in my life, I can ride my bike up a mountain faster and harder than I have ever been able to, I am also more flexible than I have ever been in my life. All of those things are conscious choices that I work really hard towards.

I didn't realize that you are 39... kinda cramps my style hanging out here now.
I didn't realize this was the online equivalent of a nursing home.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
It's clear we have 2 opposing sides when it comes to health and fitness as we age.

DotAneAXUAAxx9V.jpg

Nah bro I can smash the beers all week and feel great, no difference to being in my 20s. Aging is a myth.

I still drink at an elite level.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali

If you think you can perform at the same elite level you did in your 20s at 40, 50 or even 60 you are crazy and live in a magical dream land utopia not based in reality.

Competing athletes are the best among 8 billion people, of course they need every % edge. Terrible example.

I see guys every single day way older than you in perfect condition full of energy, no injuries.

Why are you so bought into having your body degrade? You're obviously making a mistake somewhere and don't have the humility to address it.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Lebron is 39

Guess he never got the memo

Steph Curry 35

Kelly Slater 51

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Lebron is 39

Guess he never got the memo

Steph Curry 35

Kelly Slater 51

No dude, haven't you heard, once you hit 30 life is over /s

There are so many examples I couldn't even be bothered to list them, but thanks for noting some.

For strength specifically, guys hit their best lifetime numbers between 35-43 too

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
No dude, haven't you heard, once you hit 30 life is over /s

There are so many examples I couldn't even be bothered to list them, but thanks for noting some.

For strength specifically, guys hit their best lifetime numbers between 35-43 too

I stated that from my personal experience at 33 years of age that I struggle to perform at the same level as when I did when i was in my 20s and what it's like living in my body now compared to then, and stated how people around me that do continue to exercise and look after there health feel around my age aswell.

Then you proceeded to put words in my mouth, and refute my own experience saying that my experience is ''a load of shit.''

You continue to put words in my mouth and insinuate that ''i think life is over at 30'' when all i was saying is how my performance has changed, how i feel, and how those i know feel and what they experience aswell.

Well it's not shit as it's my experience.

Last edited:

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
I stated that from my personal experience at 33 years of age that I struggle to perform at the same level as when I did when i was in my 20s and what it's like living in my body now compared to then, and stated how people around me that do continue to exercise and look after there health feel around my age aswell.

Then you proceeded to put words in my mouth, and refute my own experience saying that my experience is ''a load of shit.''

You continue to put words in my mouth and insinuate that ''i think life is over at 30'' when all i was saying is how my performance has changed, how i feel, and how those i know feel and what they experience aswell.

Well it's not shit as it's my experience, you are an absolute F*ck wit though so thanks for confirming that.

All I'm saying is that it shouldn't be the case @ 33 and it doesn't need to be that way.

Just because you have an echo chamber of dudes in the same situation doesn't mean it's normal.

It's the financial equivalent of being stuck in a 9-5 with everyone agreeing it's impossible to get rich.

Take a look at what you're doing, exercise/nutrition/sleep etc and start from scratch, something is not working for you.

Accept your 'reality' or dismiss it and find the answers.

If you feel like this @ 33 what does 50 look like?!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

DotAneAXUAAxx9V.jpg
Agreed. :rofl:

I havent been drunk since probably 25 though so I guess that's why I'm still alive.

Alcohol sucks.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Per @Timmy C point.

I don't believe peak condition 33 year old Kyle is quite as physically bad a$$ as 25 year old hypothetical peak condition Kyle would have been.

The problem for me is that it took peak mental game of 33 year old Kyle to even try for peak condition, which I am still nowhere near where I am working to get to.

In my 20s, I was overweight and had zero endurance. Now I'm less overweight and have a lot more endurance, but still have a LONG way to go. I'll finish a half marathon in March, but I'm still pretty slow.

When the mental game to actually care about physical fitness is considered, my 30s are better. 30s are better FOR ME because I didn't do anything consistently in my 20s.

If you are in perfect shape at 25 and maintain that the rest of your life for your age, your abilities will obviously decline, but you're still an active and healthy person so who cares. None of us play professional sports to my knowledge.

Exercise, to me, isn't some chase personal records every day for the rest of my life thing. It's a lifestyle of being able to do the things I want to do as easily as possible. If I can check that off in an hour and a half a day, and couple it with a healthy diet, I'd be doing better than the vast majority of 20 somethings.

Last edited:

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
This talk about getting old, etc. I figured I would share this.

I recently got into running, probably due to this forum and the Zuck thread where I realized I couldn't outrun Zuck. I discovered Jack Daniel's running book, and started doing the running exercises.

In one week I quadrupled my average mileage from about 5 miles to about 20. I run to the gym and back about 4 times a week and did some other runs, which was only about 5 miles a week. But, this book showed me how to structure my longer runs.

Anyway, one week of this and I was also lifting weights, windsurfing, and then I got hit by a cold. I let some of my diet get a bit out of control, and my regular drinking was 3-4 drinks a night.

Right after having that cold that took me out for a couple of days, I got hit by something unexpected: Gout.

I'm not quite 40. I'm 6'1 and was about 208lbs, a small bit of belly fat but not "skinny fat".

Did a lot of research on diet and triggers and talked to my dad, who also had gout issues. I have cut out drinking entirely until I get to where I think I won't drink 3-4 a night. I've amped up my meal prep to be meat/protein heavy and am avoiding really sugary stuff, and am off the only treatment they gave me.

My weight is dropping and I recently set my fastest mile ever, and also ran the furthest I've ever run before.

The drinking nightly, more often 4 than 3, really was holding me back and probably doing undue damage to my body and keeping me from being more proactive about problems I need to solve in my life. I'm still in the recoil of that, but have also gotten my blood pressure out of the danger zone. I was worried I would need BP meds but after running and not drinking I'm <120 and feeling much better.

Most of the age related pains (lower back) were fixed by weightlifting, especially deadlifting. I used to have knee pains but swapped to zero-drop shoes. I've experimented with a few shoes and found one brand with a little cushion but still no elevated heel. I also got my fiancee a similar pair and her running knee pains also went away.

The only other pains I've got are bruising from sometimes crashing while windsurfing and hitting the hard parts, but for the most parts no real aches, just soreness from continuing to push my body. I didn't have the little bit of wisdom on these things in my 20s, and was afraid of experimenting to fix my issues, I believe, when I was younger. But, after fixing a few chronic pains, I have the confidence that a back twinge or other problem is only 1-2 weeks of discomfort and it's gone.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If anyone needs to channel their inner Jeff Bezos, his house where he started Amazon is on sale for only $2.26 million.

1706370360745.png

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Weird question.

If you're having lunch with a billionaire as a young entrepreneur, what can you say in the conversation to get some good advice? is there any way to be a giver in the situation?

I ask because I am getting the opportunity to go to the home of a famous hedge fund billionaire to have lunch with him this weekend through family ties..

I understand that a lot of people may say "just act normal!" but.. come on.. it would be cool to get a nugget of wisdom or two from one of the richest people on earth.

Any advice?
Ken Griffin?

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
I found a castle in Dallas, for $5million with 10 bedrooms. Insane.

EDIT: Looks like a wedding venue.

Last edited:

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 15, 2022
@Timmy C I completely understand your perspective, but it's a pretty depressing and self-defeating way of looking at fitness.

Pro athletes shouldn't be anyone's benchmark. Elite performance takes people in the opposite direction of health because the only goal is winning. Pro athletes BEAT on their bodies. That's why their playing careers are stunningly short and leave many of them with lifelong chronic injuries. It's literally about sacrificing your body for fame and fortune.

None of that is relevant for living a healthy active life. I don't give a crap about being able to run a mile in under 5 minutes, deadlifting 600# or hitting a golf ball 325 yards. Couldn't do those things at any age (like the vast majority of people) and it never bothered me in the slightest. I run slower, deadlift less and haven't played golf in twenty years.

What I do give a crap about is being pain free, injury free, having peace of mind (no anxiety, no depression, no worries) and not being concerned about going for a run, biking, hiking, snowshoeing, doing whatever physical activity that might pop up with my kids or friends.

My take on fitness, health and wellness nowadays revolves entirely around enjoying daily life.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Looks like the pandemic waked up a lot of normies...

Source

0d4905e7-e86f-f556-180c-bb3b57671a03.png

1706373841533.png

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Doesn't surprise me, even after the Tech Bubble burst as well for the past several years.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Good people are leaving the contracted job, I am at because the company has turned their focus to stakeholder syndrome. Boss left a picture on slack that said "People First" before he left. Lots of people worried about developer jobs going over seas.

AmazingLarry

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Jul 4, 2019

My lower back issues are creeping up on me a bit more now, but if I adjust some things I do in my life and keep on top of my fitness I rarely even encounter anything. Life gets better and better every year, and I don't see this slowing down anytime soon.

I am jealous of how fast my little kids learn stuff though. If only I had that much brain elasticity!!! Those little punks, showing old dad up with their incredible little brains.

I'm a fellow mountain biker, and it blows my mind seeing videos of kids like 6 or 7 years old hitting massive jumps. It's crazy how quickly you can get good when you start as a 2 year old haha!

I found a castle in Dallas, for $5million with 10 bedrooms. Insane.

EDIT: Looks like a wedding venue.

Would LOVE to own a castle someday. Ideally Italy or France. They're cheaper than you would think but probably cost a ton for upkeep.

I stayed in a small castle/keep in Ireland and it was so freaking cool. After that I was all-in on castles.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
If you guys haven't watched "Made in a Day" on Disney Plus, you're missing out. Great business show.

I'm watching the one about Tabasco sauce currently which is incredibly fascinating and also something I love.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
@Timmy C I completely understand your perspective, but it's a pretty depressing and self-defeating way of looking at fitness.

Pro athletes shouldn't be anyone's benchmark. Elite performance takes people in the opposite direction of health because the only goal is winning. Pro athletes BEAT on their bodies. That's why their playing careers are stunningly short and leave many of them with lifelong chronic injuries. It's literally about sacrificing your body for fame and fortune.

None of that is relevant for living a healthy active life. I don't give a crap about being able to run a mile in under 5 minutes, deadlifting 600# or hitting a golf ball 325 yards. Couldn't do those things at any age (like the vast majority of people) and it never bothered me in the slightest. I run slower, deadlift less and haven't played golf in twenty years.

What I do give a crap about is being pain free, injury free, having peace of mind (no anxiety, no depression, no worries) and not being concerned about going for a run, biking, hiking, snowshoeing, doing whatever physical activity that might pop up with my kids or friends.

My take on fitness, health and wellness nowadays revolves entirely around enjoying daily life.

Yeh, it was never about being the benchmark, just to prove the point that your sports performance, and general health naturally declines with age no matter what.

Everyone beats on their bodies though, the very act of exercise causes it to be beat up.

But yeh, exercise is good for your overall well-being.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
How you do anything is how you do everything...

It's important because it's part of the challenge. It's also just cool to know how to do the third derivation of 4e-log(cos(xe³))⁴.

If you can do that then other things won't seem all that hard.
you are right, but
I put all my intelligence into maths at the beginning of my studies and I managed to get the worst possible success ( 4 ).
So in your opinion I should have stopped studying ant just jump from a bridge and stop that tragedy?

You may have more brainpower than me, making everything with 1A+, but I didn t give up only because I m a bonehead.
But I respect your superiority.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria

Hi man! normally midlife crisis comes about one or two decades later!

When you are in your 30s and look jealous to the 10 years yonger, than start to train with the younger guys!
You will hold that level quite well.
I m dirtbike riding since I was 15.
With 30 I started to race with the younger guys.
At 35 I could have started in the Veteran class, but I didn t like that.
At about 40 I became friends with some 25 year old pro riders and I began to train with them. Until they quitted with about 30. Their life was over...
At about 50 I started to ride with a good buddy. He was 30 at that time. But now he has kids and family.
And of course there s my son. I ride with him for about 20 years now and it keeps me as young and fit as could be.
And yes; I ll hit the 60 next year and thats frightening. But 70 will be, too. And 80!

Riding here means not only riding a dirtbike for practice and races, but regulary gyn, running, other sports to keep fit (climbing, swimming).

So stop whining and keep up with the younger guys! It will not be easy, but you ll leave behind most of them the next 30 years!

So sorry, but now I have to hit the gym. I ll have a hare scramble in 2 months and I m not satisfied with the rear positions!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.