The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 10, 2022
One simple phone call for me.
A game changer for her.
Amazing work! You are really making a difference. For those who do not know how things are in Amsterdam, it is easier to find a job than a place to live.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I'd recommend Fastlaners to possibly go in the other direction than to step into the Arena of A.I. I think it will be congested soon.

I think the opportunity will be elsewhere.
Interesting perspective.

I think otherwise because the application for ai is so wide that it is very easy to add AI to what you are already doing. A productivity booster.

But a pure AI play is going to hard. If you are doing a AI software, you don’t know if a general purpose/intelligence AI developed elsewhere by a bigger player could kill your product overnight.

If AI is the shovel this is the paradoxical case that digging the gold (boost existing productivity using ai) will be better than selling the shovel (selling an ai tool/software) because the quickly evolving landscape. There will be very few winner after a brutal war for ai software but everyone can be an winner for simply being a heavy user of ai as much as possible.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The offered $200 credit to use at their F1 merch store.

I know we ripped you off, but here's a coupon for some merchandise to remind you that we ripped you off.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I'd recommend Fastlaners to possibly go in the other direction than to step into the Arena of A.I. I think it will be congested soon.

This sounds like someone in '99 predicting the Internet will be too saturated, do something else in business.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
This sounds like someone in '99 predicting the Internet will be too saturated, do something else in business.
Agreed. It's currently a new frontier with literally endless possibilities. It will never be less discovered than it is right now.

Do it right though. "Going into AI" isn't using CHAT Gpt to make 3000 dollars per month.

It's coming up with something with serious scale that has incredible appeal or use case.

It moves fast though, so don't round trip it. If you land on something great, exit quickly.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Thoughts on agricultural commodities ?

A freaking libertarian just won the elections in my country.

My family has quite a bit of land, that i'm realizing it's very valuable, it wasn't valuable because we have had the most corrupt redacted communist government for decades and decades, but now it might be a possibility to lean into this strength.

He has already said he plans on eliminating all taxes on exports so... thoughts on what to produce ? soy ? maybe cannabis ? (that would need some more than just getting rid of the taxes tought).

Interesting times ahead.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

My family has quite a bit of land, that i'm realizing it's very valuable, it wasn't valuable because we have had the most corrupt redacted communist government for decades and decades, but now it might be a possibility to lean into this strength.

He has already said he plans on eliminating all taxes on exports so... thoughts on what to produce ? soy ? maybe cannabis ? (that would need some more than just getting rid of the taxes tought).

Interesting times ahead.
Dollarisation and shock therapy could sink the economy if there is no sufficient foreign aid.

It could be a scheme for people with dollar to buy your national assets at a fraction of the cost.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Interesting times ahead.
Agriculture is a giant industry with very inelastic demand and a high barrier to entry.

Run the numbers.

Old land that has been owned a long time is the most profitable way to have land.

If you dont have the machinery, call around about rental or planting, fertilization, harvest services.

You will need to also hire some kind of botany service to help you do it all right if you have no experience in it.

Figure out what your potential crop would be worth once harvested.

With a clear picture of those numbers, and a decent looking profit opportunity, you could raise the capital pretty easily.

I'd ditch the cannabis idea though because of all of the global compliance crap that goes along with it. You'll never know if they'll change one thing and just shut you down. It gives up a lot of control to the winds of the bolshiveks.

@Private Witt Probably could add about your initial choice in crop.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

This exchange of a post/reply alone is enough for me to know who of the two posters is a millionaire and who's not.

Younger readers, be careful even on this forum on who you listen to! Not all advice is good, not all "I recommend" has merit. It is up to you to learn to decipher what is garbage and what is gold.

P.S. There will be countless billionaires made in AI "saturated" space in the coming decade.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Interesting times ahead.

I'm happy for you and interested if the guy can really turn it around. Argentina has so much potential and is such a powerful example of how fast a country can collapse, even if it was one of the richest countries in the world. I'm really curious if this time will be different or will lead to yet again another disappointment for the country.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

I think you're confusing a trend with a disruptive technology, which is understandable.

From ChatGPT...

"Disruptive technology" or "disruptive innovation" refers to a new technology that significantly alters the way industries, societies, or everyday life functions. The term was popularized by Clayton M. Christensen in his book "The Innovator's Dilemma." Disruptive technologies like the car or the internet didn't just bring new products; they fundamentally changed lifestyles, business models, and the societal landscape. This concept captures how these innovations can swiftly displace established methods and create new sectors or transform existing ones.

Newsletters, podcasting, and blogs are all trends.
The advent of email, automobiles, the internet, and now AI, are all disruptive technology.

The former has a limited life span and subject to fade and fizzle.
The latter continually morphs, and will make millionaires and billionaires in the foreseeable future.

Heck, in the next 12-18 months you could probably just box a ChatGPT API and make a few million before that opportunity subset dissipates.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas

This was never my intent at all. I just feel like you will see a lot of people starting businesses that will utilize AI and the opportunity could be congested. Something like how NFTs and Crypto was a few years ago.

But yes I haven't forgotten that change in any evolution of technology can create millionaires and billionaires.

I'm not saying or even suggesting to go away from AI entirely.

All I'm saying is that their could be opportunities also elsewhere like in creating an ecommerce product that solves a need.

Ecommerce is still huge and is ripe for the taking. I listen to a podcast called the Kara Show and you get to hear about all of the difference ecommerce brands out there that solve a need or a problem.

I'm just saying for fellow fastlaners to keep their options open.

If one doesn't work, there's always another.

That doesn't not mean my advice is inherently wrong.

Last edited:

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
This has got to be one of the funniest forms of mockery for Canadas PM, they plant a tree for every single “broken” promise of his such as:

$10 a day child care
Clean drinking water for indigenous people
The budget will balance itself out

And many, many more, including, the origins of that forest, how he made a promise to plant 2 billion trees yet hasn’t planted one. That was the first one that started it.

If you don’t believe me, it’s the fourth largest forest in the world.

If your curious, it’s called “the Justin Trudeau broken promises memorial forest”

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
I think you're confusing a trend with a disruptive technology, which is understandable.

From ChatGPT...

Newsletters, podcasting, and blogs are all trends.
The advent of email, automobiles, the internet, and now AI, are all disruptive technology.

The former has a limited life span and subject to fade and fizzle.
The latter continually morphs, and will make millionaires and billionaires in the foreseeable future.

Heck, in the next 12-18 months you could probably just box a ChatGPT API and make a few million before that opportunity subset dissipates.
Yes this correct. I do think AI has inherent value and is here to stay. I am just curious if it will stick or just be a trend is all. But I don't think it will be a trend.

There's just a lot of hype around it now and makes you wonder will it stay or just fall off the radar.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
This was never my intent at all. I just feel like you will see a lot of people starting businesses that will utilize AI and the opportunity could be congested. Something like how NFTs and Crypto was a few years ago.

But yes I haven't forgotten that change in any evolution of technology can create millionaires and billionaires.

I'm not saying or even suggesting to go away from AI entirely.

All I'm saying is that their could be opportunities also elsewhere like in creating an ecommerce product that solves a need.

Ecommerce is still huge and is ripe for the taking. I listen to a podcast called the Kara Show and you get to hear about all of the difference ecommerce brands out there that solve a need or a problem.

I'm just saying for fellow fastlaners to keep their options open.

If one doesn't work, there's always another.

That doesn't not mean my advice is inherently wrong.
Well I could be wrong to and that I'm okay with. Maybe the opportunity won't be congested.

But my point was for the Commandment of control. You would be too dependent on AI or say the OpenAI API to perform your tasks, but what if It gets cut off and now you can no longer use the service.

I see everyone running towards the technology since it's introduction.

The company I work for actually built their application from ground up, they have control because they created it and aren't dependent on others except the services to run their app or host the data.

They can hire/fire clients. The FIs are dependent on their software and pay them. If they don't, the FIs will not able to operate or customers ro deposit their cash/onboard with their banking of choice.

Last edited:

KiwiEC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jan 5, 2023
France
ChatGPT API wrappers are useful and easy to create. I see dozens of solopreneurs advertising their own on Twitter (some of them with 5 or 6 figures MRR).

It's great, but it violates the commandments of Entry and Control. OpenAI changes the rules? You're dead. Some prick copycats your idea and markets it better than you? You're dead.

On the long term, the use of AI will be very different of the current state, and wrappers won't be a part of the equation (OpenAI recently released tools to let you build your own GPT).
It reminds me dropshipping in some way. What remains of dropshipping?

For sure there is money to do here. But I wonder about the longevity of such a system like that. I'm not the most experienced to predict anything.

This doesn't conflit with the fact AI is undoubtedly disruptive and that it will change many habits in the future.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
ChatGPT API wrappers are useful and easy to create. I see dozens of solopreneurs advertising their own on Twitter (some of them with 5 or 6 figures MRR).

It's great, but it violates the commandments of Entry and Control. OpenAI changes the rules? You're dead. Some prick copycats your idea and markets it better than you? You're dead.

On the long term, the use of AI will be very different of the current state, and wrappers won't be a part of the equation (OpenAI recently released tools to let you build your own GPT).

For sure there is money to do here. But I wonder about the longevity of such a system like that. I'm not the most experienced to predict anything.

This doesn't conflit with the fact AI is undoubtedly disruptive and that it will change many habits in the future.

I was wrong to have say "I recommend" I will admit that and apologize on my behalf for that. I won't say that again.

I was just worried about control in case of starting a business that utilizes AI and using their API. I'm sure there are horror stories of past things that have happened.

The technology no doubt will help us further our future.

I actually have spoken with people who are afraid of it.

Change is good, not denying that. I think will AI will help in many aspects for the humankind.

Last edited:

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas

That's cool, so you can build your own AI? Might have a look at it.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Could be disruptive to smartphones, but not fully adopted into today's society. It's like the changing of Nokia to the iPhone. Yet this doesn't have a screen and utilizes AI.

The reaction to this from Twitter wasn't very appealing.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
ChatGPT API wrappers are useful and easy to create.

I created one on Bubble.io in a matter of 60 minutes. The "wrapper" opportunity will probably subside in a year, but that won't stop people from making millions on them from all the late adopters.

Here's the cycle

1) Make a business with a wrapped ChatGPT API
2) Once the wrapper business makes millions and is no longer is profitable, go to #3
3) Sell courses on how you made millions wrapping the ChatGPT API, an opportunity that is no longer viable.

This is the typical marketing cycle that marketers use ... once some cool marketing strategy stops working, package the antiquated marketing strategy and sell it into a high-priced course.

Sure you made millions with that marketing strategy (true) but ultimately, the strategy no longer works.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
For one of you AI nerds, I am looking for a partner. I want AI to listen to every episode of my radio show and read every post I have ever had on the forum, then I want to create a Kakbot or Kaksistant or Kakretary or Kakvision worldview filter that can provide custom advice based on my brain and I want to charge $5 per month.

I want it to write emails Kak style. I want it to create sales material Kak style. I want it to do strategy Kak style. I want it to tell people how to dress properly for meetings. I want it to hire and fire Kak style. I want it to ask a ton of questions and look at the big picture. I want the learning proposition to basically stomp the daylights out of every course ever while also doing some of the lifting as well. It needs to cite me in the past so anyone can look it up and also tell why it made the leap to the advice it gives.

Seems technically possible. Is this easy yet or still a way off?

Maybe we can even get @Antifragile s content in there as an alternative personality for responses.

If you want to discuss the opportunity and can demonstrate a proficiency in chat bot whatever the heck, just DM me.

Last edited:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
For one of you AI nerds, I am looking for a partner. I want AI to listen to every episode of my radio show and read every post I have ever had on the forum, then I want to create a Kakbot or Kaksistant or Kakretary or Kakvision worldview filter that can provide custom advice based on my brain and I want to charge $5 per month.

I want it to write emails Kak style. I want it to create sales material Kak style. I want it to do strategy Kak style. I want it to tell people how to dress properly for meetings. I want it to hire and fire Kak style. I want it to ask a ton of questions and look at the big picture. I want the learning proposition to basically stomp the daylights out of every course ever while also doing some of the lifting as well. It needs to cite me in the past so anyone can look it up and also tell why it made the leap to the advice it gives.

Maybe we can even get @Antifragile s content in there as an alternative personality for responses.

If you want to discuss the opportunity and can demonstrate a proficiency in chat bot whatever the heck, just DM me.
I d help you to make the T-Shirts!

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Three types of people:

1) Those whose net income goes up on Black Friday
2) Those whose net spending goes up on Black Friday
3) Those who don't participate at all

Remember that Black Friday is a hyperreality crafted by advertisers to take advantage of a day uniquely placed in the American holiday calendar. It's right after Thanksgiving so people are idle, and it's right before Christmas so people know they want to shop.

I love Black Friday. Conversion rates double or triple while ad costs only go up by about 50%. Overall volume increases. People are paying attention to their email inboxes in a way they weren't before. People who want your product but procrastinated on buying it earlier in the year now have a reason to take action now.

But it is a hyperreality. The deals themselves are not that unique. Many stores run similar promotions at other times of the year. These days, Black Friday lasts a week or more.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario

ChatGPT can do this pretty much out of the box although it wouldn't be perfect. You can't feed it that much data either.

@WillHurtDontCare ideas?

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Sorry guys I'll publicly apologize to you all.

No need to apologize Fam. Everything me is entitled to their opinions and yours stirred up some conversation.

Nothing to apologize for...

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
No need to apologize Fam. Everything me is entitled to their opinions and yours stirred up some conversation.

Nothing to apologize for...

I think it's deserved, you guys had a point. I was in the wrong so I feel like it's owed.

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
This exchange of a post/reply alone is enough for me to know who of the two posters is a millionaire and who's not.

Younger readers, be careful even on this forum on who you listen to! Not all advice is good, not all "I recommend" has merit. It is up to you to learn to decipher what is garbage and what is gold.

P.S. There will be countless billionaires made in AI "saturated" space in the coming decade.
I like the dichotomy between the two perspectives. It’s why I don’t mind being ignorant and asking potentially stupid questions on here from time to time, the real ones on here set you straight and you learn quick.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

I think it's deserved, you guys had a point. I was in the wrong so I feel like it's owed.

ChatGPT Wrapper? Does anyone remember the time Kak became a ChatGPT rapper?

Well I do.

Not his finest moment. Now THAT'S an example of where an apology is still owed. :rofl:

But you needn't worry @ZackerySprague I think you just posted too quickly. Didn't think it completely through.

I don't know ANYONE who does that regularly... :wideyed:

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!