The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Is there some news worth knowing that has come out?

I keep seeing stuff about inflation & bank of Canada rate moves. It’s not publicly available through regular news. Quite the opposite! But it’s consistent with my thinking. Today I got external validation from an event I attended too. Market is pricing in rate cuts before year end in 2023… I like the open forum discussion on Twitter that’s not “backwards looking”.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

techvx

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jan 29, 2023
I keep seeing stuff about inflation & bank of Canada rate moves. It’s not publicly available through regular news. Quite the opposite!
Take a look at one of the earlier Anton Kreil seminars on YT - if you're genuinely surprised that the mainstream news aren't telling you the facts, you most likely have quite a few illusions about their role in the game. Spoiler: you and the public are not their clients; never were.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I’d rather personally pressure wash driveways every day than be a copywriter.
Maybe you can make AI do the pressure washer thing.......

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
Maybe you can make AI do the pressure washer thing.......
I would pay real American dollars for a Roomba that pressure washes my driveway...

Train

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
May 11, 2021
Netflix anti password sharing measures seem like such hassle. Basically Netflix use outside of home will have more hoops to jump through:

Confirmed: Netflix Unveils First Details of New Anti-Password Sharing Measures

Signing into Netflix outside of your home may lead to the device in use being blocked from Netflix. This could prevent you from signing into new devices while traveling, but Netflix has devised a workaround.

Traveling users who want to use Netflix on a hotel smart TV, company laptop, etc. can request a temporary code from the service when signing in. This will give them access to their account for seven consecutive days.

Last edited:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Twitter may well be the best for real news.

I don't want to touch the 'real' vs 'fake' news topic, but I will say Twitter has always been best at figuring out what the hell is going on locally when some "event" happens.

I remember a few years back I woke up to what sounded like an explosion in the distance. I almost never check Twitter but it bothered me enough to think of it and I searched for something like "(my suburb) explosion" and there was a dozen folks explaining that a propane tank on a school roof exploded, followed by photos and videos of the aftermath and emergency crews and everything else. I was literally experiencing the event unfold in real time.

Same thing when I saw a few fighter jets fly by. Not really a concern since that happens a few times a year but I was still curious and sure enough - within seconds of it happening I found Twitter updates of folks explaining that it was a planned training exercise, they were coming and going from/to wherever, with photos and videos of the jets from all over the city as people were seeing it.

I'm honestly surprised Twitter doesn't have a push-alert system for when a lot of people in your area start talking about something at the same time. Like an emergency alert system, but actually useful. (If they do have this, I've never received such an alert).

Train

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
May 11, 2021
I don't want to touch the 'real' vs 'fake' news topic, but I will say Twitter has always been best at figuring out what the hell is going on locally when some "event" happens.
The Nextdoor app is helpful for local news but it's always too after the fact for me. More live than the local city subreddit for my area, which is admittedly sleepy.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
In Germany you dont get employees. So if you own a business, you can’t scale with employees. What would be a good strategy to yse that as advantage?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Multimillionaire "Mr Beast" cures 1000 people of blindness and unfortunately, some of the insufferable maggots of our society aren't happy about it, deploying tropes about "capitalism" "rich people" and "universal healthcare."

This proves that no matter what you do, culture's morons will take issue with it unless you kneel at the alter of communism.

America is beyond repair.

View: https://twitter.com/LilithLovett/status/1619767939250663425?s=20&t=VVdnu8vV-rps9ILiaZCsvQ
Curing the blind in the religious historical background also happens to be a miraculously act.

Doing a show like this risks people perceiving Mr Beast trying to use money to “play god”.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Well I woke up to my furnace being broken.

Normally wouldn't care but it's currently the coldest day of the year at -40 where I'm at. For that wondering, that's the same in both C and F because at this temperature, both imperial and metric agree that it's just too F*cking cold.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
If you earn 12k/year before taxes in Belgium, you're left with 4k after taxes.

All we get in exchange is terrorists in the street, sky-high energy prices, and 105% of debt-to-gdp ratio

So nice!!!
Don't forget that your 4k left over is then spent on more things that have taxes on it. I don't know what goods cost there but there may be taxes tacked on that you see, and then taxes tacked on that you don't see that are baked into the cost of goods. So yea... let that sink in.

The government is not your friend 99% of the time.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
It's kind of weird seeing a Chinese spy ballon hovering over our ICBM launch pads, and the American government basically just waiting for it to go away. I assume there is a lot more to this story. Maybe it's an EMP, prepping for the Taiwan invasion.

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 9, 2021
I heard someone recc bowtiedbull and his ecosystem on twitter awhile back so I had been poking around that in my free time checking out his writings on setting up a business (and ecommerce through bowtiedopossum) and how his students have done.
One of the guys in the system will mentor you in 90 days to suit up and land a remote cybersec job starting around 60k.

Thing is, I spent 2.5 years in college studying cybersec and busting my @ss to learn IT networking and I started at like 34k just 5 years ago. Jesus people have it so good now with internet access and being in the right place at the right time. I reviewed the cert stack he recommends for the sector and it looks like a good backup plan but I would rather eat roofing nails then end up in another job at this point, unless I could hit over 70k/yr and have hopes of being able to finally replace my vehicle.

The other thing is that it made me look back on the path I took out of highschool and all the room for optimization. I didn't know anything and had to rely on my college career counselor but there was so much room for improvement. I'm assuming the sting of hindsight will be a recurring theme more often as I get older?

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
Well I woke up to my furnace being broken.

Normally wouldn't care but it's currently the coldest day of the year at -40 where I'm at. For that wondering, that's the same in both C and F because at this temperature, both imperial and metric agree that it's just too F*cking cold.
Moral of the story: you have to move somewhere warmer
:rofl:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm assuming the sting of hindsight will be a recurring theme more often as I get older?
Not for me.

At some point you realise the squiggly bits on the map are what makes the journey, and it's the journey that makes us. Shit happens, and while I don't welcome it or look for it, it's just part of the rich tapestry of life.

Oh, and to begrudge people five years our junior having it easier is to not be grateful for what our ancestors struggled through to get us to here.

In some ways people who have it easier also have it harder because of it.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
I've had abysmal sleep in the past few weeks and only today had decent sleep again.
Yesterday I was being very productive and I also ate turkey with beet root and took a magnesium supplement (I was aiming for b6+magnesium+zinc).
I think the fact that I worked a lot made me also more tired/restful because I knew I did the things I wanted to do.
Nice! Can't wait to get back to school tomorrow so I can wake up at 6am and start all over again ; D

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
GABA or Glycine can help as well. They act as a tranquilizer.
Thank you for the recommendation! I might buy some capsules.

Do you know by any chance what its effects are on REM sleep? I was reading some scientific papers right now and I couldn't understand anything lol.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Does anybody know how to make a test charge for a new product in stripe if you're using stripe checkout pages?

I'm about to go nuts..

Thanks!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Does anybody know how to make a test charge for a new product in stripe if you're using stripe checkout pages?

I'm about to go nuts..

Thanks!
Should be something called a "sandbox" mode.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

I'm about to go nuts..

Thanks!

Their test credit card is 4242 4242 4242 4242

They have multiple other credit card numbers for testing different scenarios as well.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Should be something called a "sandbox" mode.
Their test credit card is 4242 4242 4242 4242

They have multiple other credit card numbers for testing different scenarios as well.

Thanks! these helped

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.