The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
/rant
I wanted to get the keys for the school piano but the janitor straight up refused to give them to me "Because you're practising for yourself today not for a school-event". He then said that he somehow didn't have the keys anyways. He's probably bitching about it because of a certain misunderstanding, so I guess I'll need to fix that sometime. That guy thinks that practising an instrument is always fun.
/cringe rant over

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

Boogie

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Nov 27, 2014
Midwest, USA
By the way I can't locate my thread. Maybe someone can help me.
Click on your name under your picture next to your post.
Then click postings.
You don't have so many that you shouldn't be able to find it quickly.

Or think of something memorable and unique in it and use search.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I'm really tired of being treated like a child by companies.

I was listening to Youtube music recently, which I actually pay for, and my music stopped suddenly. I checked my phone and see this shit:

1673448340211.png

I checked my settings and had all the censorship options turned off. After some googling, I find this shit:

1673447745936.png

I've already swapped music services a few times now and I'm just sick of it. My entire family uses google/youtube. Almost every device on the planet natively supports these services and they are beyond convenient. It USED to be money I was happy to spend for a more premium experience but apparently I'm now paying to be treated like I have a mental illness.

And to be clear - I don't care that this self-harm feature exists. I wouldn't even care if it was the default setting. What pisses me off is not being able to disable it. I'm an almost 40 F*cking year old man being told I should consider whether or not music I've heard 1000 times is appropriate for me.

I don't normally rant and rave, but this shit is infuriating to me. Be as progressive as you want, I don't care, you do you - but let me F*cking opt out!

Edit: Salt in the wound - apparently they also don't let you download these songs for offline play either!

Last edited:

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
By the way I can't locate my thread. Maybe someone can help me.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Oct 16, 2022
Likely gonna hit 20k tonight:
1673449335822.png

Consider that:

- I don't promote my website
- I don't track keywords
- I don't use a content checker
- I have never emailed anyone to get a link (and 145 websites redirect to mine)
- I don't pay for any SEO platforms
- I used Ahrefs once

So, how did I do it?

I focused on having a fast, slick-looking website with the best, most helpful non-spammy content on the Internet.

Voila.

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Oct 16, 2022
View attachment 46727

Consider that:

- I don't track keywords
- I used Ahrefs once

So, how did I do it?

I focused on having a fast, slick-looking website with the best, most helpful non-spammy content on the Internet.

Voila.
But the most gratifying thing is when people email you to thank you for your content.

Nothing beats that!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
View attachment 46727

Consider that:

- I don't track keywords
- I used Ahrefs once

So, how did I do it?

Voila.
Nice! What is your favorite method for brainstorming content topics?
I like to just buy a ton of books in the niche and get ideas that way.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hope you’re not planning on travel today.

The incident sheds light on how much distrust people have in government and media.

The Administration immediately claimed it wasn't a cyber-attack without a full investigation or anything, which prompted everyone to say, "so it was a cyber attack."

No real journalists are left to uncover the real truth, just partisan propagandists deployed to safeguard any given narrative.

These are the same assholes who said "just 10 days to slow the spread" and the experimental vax was "safe and effective".

You're truly on your own to think critically and make decisions/judgments, and the sooner you realize it, the better off you will be.

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
The incident sheds light on how much distrust people have in government and media.

The Administration immediately claimed it wasn't a cyber-attack without a full investigation or anything, which prompted everyone to say, "so it was a cyber attack."

No real journalists are left to uncover the real truth, just partisan propagandists deployed to safeguard any given narrative.

These are the same assholes who said "just 10 days to slow the spread" and the experimental vax was "safe and effective".

You're truly on your own to think critically and make decisions/judgments, and the sooner you realize it, the better off you will be.
I'm willing to believe that it wasn't a cyberattack. But only because my belief in the complete and total incompetence of every government branch and agency outweighs my distrust in everything they say.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
It's hard to think what else it could have been.

For context, this was the first time since 9/11 that flights were grounded to a similar extent.

The cause was a NOTAM outage. NOTAM is "Notice to Air Missions."
A NOTAM is a notice containing information essential to personnel concerned with flight operations but not known far enough in advance to be publicized by other means. It states the abnormal status of a component of the National Airspace System (NAS) – not the normal status.

NOTAMs indicate the real-time and abnormal status of the NAS impacting every user.
NOTAMs concern the establishment, condition, or change of any facility, service, procedure or hazard in the NAS.
NOTAMs have a unique language using special contractions to make communication more efficient. [source]
Basically, it's an alert that says, "There's a hazard. Something is abnormal."

So let me get this straight.
  • Planes couldn't fly because a vital communication system was down.
  • This system ordinarily works 24/7/365.
  • It is mission-critical; people know that if this is down, you can't fly planes.
  • So there would likely be reasonable amounts of backup systems and contingency plans in place to keep it from ever going down.
  • But it went down today.
  • And we're going to say it wasn't a cyber attack?

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Oct 16, 2022
Nice! What is your favorite method for brainstorming content topics?
I like to just buy a ton of books in the niche and get ideas that way.
I mostly solve problems that I have, then I write about it.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA

Even then they will just call you a "conspiracy theorist". :rofl:

Despite the fact that most conspiracies are perfectly plausible given we live in a world where it's rational from a game theory perspective to expand power or profit.

I guess one way to control people is to gaslight them and make them deny any scientific method-like mechanism in their mind. Hey, if a phenomenon or observation is made with no viable explanation lets pretend there's no such thing as empirical induction.

Leave, "critical thinking" or the "scientific method" to us the media, academia and government. LOL

redcrimson

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jan 7, 2023
Texas
I was reading a book about this topic a while ago by Elizabeth Gilbert. She describes how ideas are an energetic life-form looking for a human partner. If it thinks that you can do the job, it will pay you a visit. But, if it notices that you won't collaborate to the execution, it will find someone else. It will not wait for you forever.

Now I know that this is magical realism, but it always stuck with me in a way to remind me that if I don't take action, someone else will.
Wow man, thinking of ideas in the regard is very organic. Almost like the idea wants to be your friend, or like its something you adopt to reality.

Its very thought provoking, awesome!

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Ok it was Cyber attacks but they are transitory

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Wow man, thinking of ideas in the regard is very organic. Almost like the idea wants to be your friend, or like its something you adopt to reality.

Its very thought provoking, awesome!
This is a classic definition of daemon, going back to the ancient Greeks at least. An idea (sometimes metaphorically a life-form) which gains persistence by residing in living beings, propagating from one to another and ultimately outliving any mortal host. Thus daemons (ideas) are potentially immortal, and one result of that is that they have great power over mortal beings whose time for influencing our environment is relatively short. They are able to deceive in the sense that we easily misunderstand their effects, their delivery on promises so to speak, due to our lack of context, and ignorance of their formation and who they might ultimately benefit from their persistence. This "social reasoning" applied to migratory ideas and their "hosts" has probably influenced many of the more superstitious interpretations. Or perhaps the more superstitious ones preceded the more rational ones, who knows?

Anyway, an idea might be your friend, or it might be a weight around your neck... best vet them carefully ;)

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
346%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
hey everyone,

i need to get better at understanding taxes, i keep getting rocked lol.

does anyone have any resources?

thanks

xShepherdx

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Apr 11, 2022
Idaho
So...

Who's interested in an email marketing mega thread where I'm COMPLETELY transparent about my systems, methods, and copy that has made millions of $ in additional revenue for my clients (with results & data provided)?

If you have an online business or an online sales channel for your physical business and don't have at least 20-25% of your total revenue attributed to email, you're probably doing it wrong.

As an example of what's possible, I've scaled my latest client's email marketing results from 8% of their total revenue to 41% — and that's a 7-figure brand that spends a LOT of money on paid ads and has a decent agency running said ads.

And hey, I'll even do it without wasting your time with covert funnels and sounding like a narcissistic douchebag (I've noticed that's the norm with some of the "big" names in the space I've come across.)

So yeah, let me know.
I'm 100% interested in this. Email has been a tough nut for me to crack and looking inside what someone was actually doing with their brand/agency would be immensely helpful.

An email mega thread like this would be game-changing for me and a lot of others IMO. :innocent: :halo:

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
View attachment 46727

Consider that:

- I don't track keywords
- I used Ahrefs once

So, how did I do it?

Voila.
Congrats that's looking great. Looks like the beginning of some exponential growth right there!

How long have you been running this for?

What's your website? May be cool to share if you're willing on the INSIDE or via DM.

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Oct 16, 2022
Congrats that's looking great. Looks like the beginning of some exponential growth right there!

How long have you been running this for?

What's your website? May be cool to share if you're willing on the INSIDE or via DM.
Thanks!

I started the blog in April 2021.

In the beginning, I was writing a LOT. My strategy was simply to copy other successful blogs and doing whatever they were doing, but better.

Then I learned more about SEO, built a list of topics, and checked them out with Ahrefs back when they still had a €7/week trial subscription.

I found out one topic in particular that was good to write about and the blog exploded since then.

What's amazing is that it keeps on growing despite the fact I write much less than I used to!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Prediction: Get used to hearing the phrase "excess deaths".

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I find myself buying book bundles on "Humble Bundle" and "Fanatical" instead of the Kindle, because they are DRM-free and usually available in several formats (PDF, EPUB, MOBI). They are also super cheap compared to Amazon prices.

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I find myself buying book bundles on "Humble Bundle" and "Fanatical" instead of the Kindle, because they are DRM-free and usually available in several formats (PDF, EPUB, MOBI). They are also super cheap compared to Amazon prices.

What are you using to read them?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.