The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Has anyone pondered over the possibility that Google SEO nowadays is a losing game, especially when you're selling physical products?

When you search for something, Google loves showing all the big brands (Amazon etc.) at the very top of the results. People see that as the first thing, and immediately click on those.

86b85b4b87fe5ab4103f819ce1b221ae.png

It doesn't matter if your site is ranked #1 or #6 in the search results, because before people can scroll down, they see more distractions:

d6afa015b6bc27f78389bf64aa178f7f.png

When you scroll further now, you see 6 actual results. Yes. 6. After that it's a whole list of recommended search terms and other filler/tools/maps etc. Search results now make up only a tiny % of the 1st page.

You can try long tail keywords, it makes no difference.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
anyone else seeing this weird AI art trend going around social media?

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Technicalities aside,

What does someone have to make (net income) per month for you to consider them financially successful?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
454%
Mar 15, 2018

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
Sometimes you get a nice cold email that is written perfect and you just want to compliment them on their marketing skills even if you're not interested.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
454%
Mar 15, 2018
Technicalities aside,

What does someone have to make (net income) per month for you to consider them financially successful?

If you have to ask, you aren’t there.

Jokes aside, this is way too broad of a question. For someone young who makes enough to live in their own and starts building a business… the answer is very different than someone with a large family and obligations. And different still for people who have large businesses taking care of payroll and employees and taking personal responsibility for the staff being able to make a good living. Etc.

Why do you ask? What’s on your mind?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Technicalities aside,

The technicalities matter.

I know people that are wealthy, but from a long life at a job that paid well. They didn’t blaze a new trail. They took orders. When they retired, they didn’t own anything other than their savings.

I’m less impressed with that.

I also know people who sacrificed hard, and will own cash following assets and business revenue for the rest of their lives. If they don’t they’ll have an exit many times the net worth of the example above. This took courage.

I’m more impressed with that.

I have my answer to the actual question, but it’s pointless and doesn’t mean anything. The answer is subjective and depends on what they are doing and the expectations of what the business can produce. Where someone might live. Even their personal goals matter.

On one end of the spectrum, I’d consider the penniless Life Below Zero Alaskan subsistence Agorists who desire to be self sufficient and not have a dependence on money whatsoever to be financially successful.

On the other end, I’d consider a 750k a year job guy that would lose his house and cars in 3 months if he got laid off, and depends completely on money, to be financially unsuccessful.

I don’t personally have a number. I just want to be all I can be. I believe that will shake out well.

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Are you thinking of becoming a RE Developer? :) If so, welcome to the party!
Well, I'm in real estate investing (in a very small way) and have done some flipping/rehabbing (also very small) but this AI bot seems to consider that development so that's why I asked this question. I guess so! I am using the term in the broadest sense possible ;)

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Probably quite accurate as to most peoples values...

Screenshot 2022-12-06 at 19.41.21.png

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
G

Guest-5ty5s4

I'm sure everyone would choose yes, because we're a very kind species to each other.

But unfortunately people know how their luck works. They know that if they take it, they will be the one who dies lmao
Or worse, one of your closest loved ones. That would be karma on steroids. Very sad. The utilitarian philosophy of "if it works for the greatest number of people" is morally bankrupt compared to one of principles and ideals IMO. Unless of course you are in an actual situation forced to make a numerical decision...

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Today I went into the borax rabit hole. It's safe to say I'm going to try it since I'm traveling and having to drink fluorated water. First I was mad that they poison the water, now I'm happy I discovered this salt that does so much for health.

Well wow. I just went down the borax rabbit hole as well and actually picked some up when at the grocery store earlier. I am going to use it in my laundry and as ant murder paste. I like the idea of making homemade shampoo as well.

TONS of comments about people curing joint pain with it. I have bad joints, and started to get some tennis elbow in my right arm which isn't fun, I wonder if this would help out? Plus you know, you could always go and spend 100x on boron tablets if the powder scares you.

If the last 2 years have taught my anything, it's the the established way of doing this and the mainstream accepted health science is about 95% BS. Remember how fat was evil? Now it is a staple.

About the only thing that remains a "don't talk about" is sugar due to their massive lobby. Can't have a low sugar diet! In fact, go back and pretend I didn't write that. Keep eating bucket loads of sugar every day, it's good for you.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Well wow. I just went down the borax rabbit hole as well and actually picked some up when at the grocery store earlier. I am going to use it in my laundry and as ant murder paste. I like the idea of making homemade shampoo as well.

TONS of comments about people curing joint pain with it. I have bad joints, and started to get some tennis elbow in my right arm which isn't fun, I wonder if this would help out? Plus you know, you could always go and spend 100x on boron tablets if the powder scares you.

If the last 2 years have taught my anything, it's the the established way of doing this and the mainstream accepted health science is about 95% BS. Remember how fat was evil? Now it is a staple.

About the only thing that remains a "don't talk about" is sugar due to their massive lobby. Can't have a low sugar diet! In fact, go back and pretend I didn't write that. Keep eating bucket loads of sugar every day, it's good for you.
I need to buy some now too to kill ants in my walls... bugs destroying all of my real estate investments, sigh
Pest Control companies charging an arm and a leg to fix nothing

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
amazon takes anywhere from 20-60% of the sales just from ads (not even including their FBA costs)
if you want to support a smaller brand, don't click the amazon ads that say "sponsored" - just scroll down a little to find the same product
1670300584707.png

and for big brands that you don't like but still buy from, click the sponsored ad every time

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
Anyone want to know how messed up Australia is becoming? This once maverick country has today on ABC news the following;
1 Melbourne council addresses gender imbalance of statues.(can we just stop right now please).
2 Government urged to put pressure on inflation.
You see, inflation is just a chicken and egg situation where nobody knows which came first.
The Gummint didn't do nothing, it just noticed it.
No hard questions from the journos here.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina

I'm not afraid. If I drink 6 liters of water I will die, doesn't mean i'll get afraid of "a liquid used to cool engines" (water).

"It is credited to Paracelsus who expressed the classic toxicology maxim "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; the dosage alone makes it so a thing is not a poison." This is often condensed to: "The dose makes the poison" or in Latin, "Sola dosis facit venenum"."

Did you know a main ingredient in Prozac is fluoxetine which contains fluoride ? Borax makes it possible to eliminate fluoride from the body, an otherwise difficult endeavor.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
It was posted from another account not musks

I wouldn’t bother reading it it was nothing new, actually it was a lot less incriminating than I expected, I was surprised, it almost made them seem less bad than I thought they were

Wake me up when they’re all in jail

Here’s the link
View: https://mobile.twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1598822959866683394?s=20&t=VjazWLRA0qehmuzafeFG5A

Blows my mind all the liberals still on there defending Hunter and Joe and denying the laptop is real because files were copied and edited

DUDE did you read on the latest?!

View: https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1600243405841666048?s=46&t=hHIwAs8JKDLRKNEpWgYHyQ

The reason the Twitter Files didn’t seem very incriminating was because the person that was vetting the files to be given to Taibbi was former FBI attorney Jim Baker. No wonder the files concluded no government actors were involved.

The same guy that made up the story about Trump having a connection to the Russians via Alfa Bank was making up the Twitter Files to be told to the public. Holy shit man…

Apparently he was hired by Twitters previous management.

Elon didn’t know. Taibbi didn’t know. It was only on Sunday that this Jim Baker character got busted.

Jfc the plot thickens! Imagine how many operatives work at other big tech platforms. How many still work at Twitter. CIA/FBI Spy games.

Wow….

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
DUDE did you read on the latest?!

View: https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1600243405841666048?s=46&t=hHIwAs8JKDLRKNEpWgYHyQ

The reason the Twitter Files didn’t seem very incriminating was because the person that was vetting the files to be given to Taibbi was former FBI attorney Jim Baker. No wonder the files concluded no government actors were involved.

The same guy that made up the story about Trump having a connection to the Russians via Alfa Bank was making up the Twitter Files to be told to the public. Holy shit man…

Apparently he was hired by Twitters previous management.

Elon didn’t know. Taibbi didn’t know. It was only on Sunday that this Jim Baker character got busted.

Jfc the plot thickens! Imagine how many operatives work at other big tech platforms. How many still work at Twitter. CIA/FBI Spy games.

Wow….
I did see this

How exciting

They keep giving these people opportunities to incriminate themselves and they keep doing it, and they keep getting caught

I knew it didn’t seem right how unincriminating that original one was

Let’s see what happens

Last edited:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Is anyone from Croatia here and who happens to be still active on these forums? Are there anyone here who has shipped items to Croatia before by DHL or FedEx, or other express services?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
2.9k now. How can that be, what do you think? His other videos had far less views
I've no idea. I don't follow the games or these anime things. I think the "Who's strongest?" videos are trending a bit and he's been watching them anyway and wanted to duplicate one.

He even watched tutorials of people showing how they create this style of video, and then tutorials of how to use CapCut on your desktop.

Next I see him downloading images and complaining he can't remove the background. That's the only bit I helped him with (by showing him which images don't have a background).

Oh, and the video is only 10s. it's harder to lose people's attention when a video is that short.

His next highest video for views (1.9k views) starts with nothing happening for a few seconds. It's crucial to stop people swiping to the next video in those first few seconds.

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/tXSEGcXaNN0?feature=share

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Business line of credit vs business credit card: when to use which?

They are basically the same. Although normally a LOC has a much larger limit and somewhat lower interest rate than a credit card.

Use whatever has the lowest interest rate and enough credit to buy what you need.

I shouldn’t have to tell you this, but I’ll say it anyway for anyone else that may be looking. Credit is best used on variable, not fixed, expenses.

I’m not paying office rent with an LOC.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

They are basically the same. Although normally a LOC has a much larger limit and somewhat lower interest rate than a credit card.

Use whatever has the lowest interest rate and enough credit to buy what you need.

I shouldn’t have to tell you this, but I’ll say it anyway for anyone else that may be looking. Credit is best used on variable, not fixed, expenses.

I’m not paying office rent with an LOC.
Oh God, I would never take out credit to pay rent. I knew a girl doing that with her personal rent for her apartment and I almost threw up because of the anxiety I felt, vicariously.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
After years of thinking you Linux guys were crazy, I finally see what some of you like about it.

I had Windows tablet that was pretty slow that I wasn’t using enough (because of its slowness).

So I tossed Linux fedora on it and decide to just “send it.” I didn’t bother partitioning it or anything. If it didn’t work well, I just planned on giving it to someone who wanted to mess with it.

It’s a pleasure to use now. Missing support for the webcam, but I don’t use computer cameras anyway.

If I could reliably run Hindenburg on wine, I’d be done with Windows.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.