The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I'm convinced that the entire FTX model was a ploy to teach capitalists a lesson about why they need big daddy government to protect them from shysters like SBF. It was a fraud the whole time; they planned for this to happen.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 15, 2022
Definitely, I think travel can be so valuable because it can help us realize how much we have and put things into perspective better. The way in America at least we are kind of in a bubble and largely don’t see what else is going on in the world beyond the country is like a Petri dish for growing envy

For me it was seeing one of the worlds largest slums, Dharavi in India but I’ve heard from others having really similar experiences elsewhere in the world where there is widespread struggle for survival it’s hard to think about comparing what you have compared to your friends
I used to argue that every high school graduate should take a gap year and visit another country. Take 2 - 3 years. The past few years it's down to hoping that kids just spend time in another state for a couple of weeks. Anything that gets young people to meet at least one person they like who isn't *exactly* like them and every one of their friends.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I used to argue that every high school graduate should take a gap year and visit another country. Take 2 - 3 years. The past few years it's down to hoping that kids just spend time in another state for a couple of weeks. Anything that gets young people to meet at least one person they like who isn't *exactly* like them and every one of their friends.
I never moved away, but I did this by dating a girl who lived across the country and flying there and spending long periods of time there. It was awesome. She cheated on me majorly while I was away (lmao, that's why we broke up) but getting exposed to a different culture was incredible. Her family, the region, the way of life was totally different. Even within the USA! They had a different accent too (and said I had an accent). Pretty rad.

YanC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Sep 18, 2017
France
Searching on the internet should still be theoretically possible, though, right?

Sounds like a business problem for someone to solve.

I'd switch to a silly, clunky, 1999-esque version of a search engine with sub-par algorithms if I knew it was actually going to give me the option to dig through the 2.4 million results that are actually there (as opposed to showing me 5 pages of identical "approved narrative" results and nothing more)
Have you tried Brave Search ? I've been using the Brave browser for a long time now, but search wise I switched to it from DuckDuckGo when they decided to censor Russian websites (plus I learned that they rely on Bing and friends for their results). I find what I'm looking for most of the time. They use their own search engine and don't rely on anyone else.

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 15, 2022
Check this out. All of these images were made by AI after typing some words or a phrases into a bot.

Midjourney Showcase 2022-12-01 20-30-15.png
Here's the full showcase:

Here's a good explanation of WTF is happening:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Because umbrellas are extremely cumbersome. Extremely cumbersome to carry when it's not raining, extremely cumbersome to carry while it's raining. Better to have a jacket or hide somewhere and wait it out.

Pretty much the only times when I used an umbrella were during funerals at the cemetery where you're standing outside, can't hide from the rain and most likely aren't wearing a rain jacket but something nicer that you don't want to get wet.

What about the short retractable kind that you can keep in your bag?

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Check this out. All of these images were made by AI after typing some words or a phrases into a bot.

View attachment 46162
Here's the full showcase:

Here's a good explanation of WTF is happening:

I'm a subscriber of their Standard Plan + Privacy Addon which in total costs $50/month lol For that, you also get access to their other tool NijiJourney (I think currently it's invite only) for free. The latter specializes in generating anime art.

(as opposed to showing me 5 pages of identical "approved narrative" results and nothing more)

Glad to know there's others who feel the same lol.

AmazingLarry

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 4, 2019
Definitely, I think travel can be so valuable because it can help us realize how much we have and put things into perspective better. The way in America at least we are kind of in a bubble and largely don’t see what else is going on in the world beyond the country is like a Petri dish for growing envy

For me it was seeing one of the worlds largest slums, Dharavi in India but I’ve heard from others having really similar experiences elsewhere in the world where there is widespread struggle for survival it’s hard to think about comparing what you have compared to your friends
Man, I can totally relate to this. Seeing poverty really puts things in perspective and cuts your first world problems way down in size. Its so easy to forget and loose this perspective though.

Traveling and living in a foreign country has been one of the most valuable and meaningful things I've ever done. Super grateful

AmazingLarry

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 4, 2019
Observational note by an asian living in asia:

Westerners and western expats (mainly whites) are allergic to umbrellas. They dislike carrying or using one for whatever reason, even in moderately heavy rain. Maybe it's uncool or they find it a hassle, or umbrellas are seen as toys only weaklings / "betas" use lol This applies to both genders.

Over a period of 2 - 3 month, I've only seen ~2 out of more than approx ~50 of them using one.
Lmao this is so true. I remember walking from my apartment to the grocery store in pouring cold rain without an umbrella cause I didn't want to look like a b!tch.

After noticing that every other person had an umbrella, I realized that these people thought I was a dumbass, not a b!tch.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I got some frozen mini riblets for the oven. 3rd ingredient is literally canola oil. It's freaking ribs with no sauce or anything, it should have 1 ingredient.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
"Newly appointed Disney CEO, Bob Iger, pledged to double down on LGBT “storytelling in the company’s animated kids’ movies during a Monday town hall with employees, according to The New York Times."

This guy should be jailed!

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Solid writing from Codie Sanchez on the importance of having skin in the game (the entire article here):

We, as a global society, have progressed incredibly far. But in one critical area, we slid backward down a mountainside. We have become a nation of renters owned by an elite group of owners. We have handed over the reins of our lives to the few who tell us we must be protected—not protectors.

“You will own nothing and be happy about it.”

Let those words echo in your ears. No worse curse has been uttered. No threat more profound. I remember hearing the words predicted by the WEF and feeling deep terror.

Why do we hate the word slave? Because to be owned by another is a fate worse than death. To give our individual ownership to a few makes us a nation of slaves. Worse yet to give our individual ownership over to a collective.

An owner has skin in the game. They care about the thing they own at a more visceral level than someone who doesn’t.

Our actions are defined by our incentives. Our incentives can be boiled down to four words… skin in the game.

Do you have it? Then you are aligned with the outcome.

Do you not have it? Then your opinion should mean so much less.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Rant: everyone and their dogs are starting a Shopify store nowadays and their site designs and layouts look like crap.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
What about the short retractable kind that you can keep in your bag?

What bag? :)

Everything that I carry with me has to fit in my pockets. I keep such an umbrella in my car but I don't carry it with me when walking somewhere.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Someone reminded me of this video in another thread. Damn, it's so funny, especially that last flex at the end. Great message too.

View: https://youtu.be/ZXsQAXx_ao0

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I am teaching my daughter about the solar system right now. It pisses me off that they demoted Pluto. My daughter loves that planet because it is small and super cold.

Trying to find a video of all the planets with Pluto? It's been scrubbed from the internet! All you can find is "here is why Pluto isn't a planet". YouTube has a ton of solar system videos with 8 planets, none with poor pluto. Wtf guys?

In 10 years no one is even going to know the name pluto.
The fact that this happens with tons of everyday healing practices makes me furious. There are soooo many life hacks and simple plant based solutions but if you search something like ear infection or dandruff you won’t find anything but medications. It’s crazy. I used to find the coolest sites run by hippies from all over the world.. now? They’re just gone. Sucks.

(Ear infection solution is olive oil for thirty minutes. Dandruff is due to Candida in your body blooming out of control.)

Food, health, education. Protect those from the evil empire and you protect the kingdom.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
"My dream—the solution—is that we would have a National Entrepreneur Day, with the following message: Most of you will fail, disrespected, impoverished, but we are grateful for the risks you are taking and the sacrifices you are making for the sake of the economic growth of the planet and pulling others out of poverty. You are at the source of our antifragility. Our nation thanks you." (Nassim Nicholas Taleb, Antifragile)

RayanMargham

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 14, 2022
I just found out today that my step-dad is actually a fastlaner, well subconsciously. he told me he earns more then 10k a month and his time isn't tied to his money but he won't tell me more because "it's a business secret"

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
perspective:

I'm wrapping up an audiobook about a war in Africa. There was a section that described sick / injured soldiers falling on the road during a campaign. There really wasn't anything that their comrades could do for them since they were out in the bush on foot, so they took everything those soldiers had and left them to die on the road.

remember that shit could always be A LOT worse

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Hope y’all saw Elon Musk release the Twitter files today to see how compromised big tech has been by government interference and control - directly flagging posts for removal

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
perspective:

I'm wrapping up an audiobook about a war in Africa. There was a section that described sick / injured soldiers falling on the road during a campaign. There really wasn't anything that their comrades could do for them since they were out in the bush on foot, so they took everything those soldiers had and left them to die on the road.

remember that shit could always be A LOT worse
Jesus, that's sad.

I'm reminded of a line I'd say under my breath when working in IT:

"Nothing's so f*cked up I can't f*ck it up more (by doing something stupid)."

I've learned since it doesn't just apply to IT systems that have fallen over.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Hope y’all saw Elon Musk release the Twitter files today to see how compromised big tech has been by government interference and control - directly flagging posts for removal
Okay so maybe I am an old man yelling at kids on his lawn, but I can't seem to get this to work. I wanted to see it but all that happens when I went to Twitter is saw a stack of posts by idiots replying to what musk wrote when he said he was going to release it. So I saw just a lot of crap and 0 of anything useful. There has to be a better way to do this.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
Okay so maybe I am an old man yelling at kids on his lawn, but I can't seem to get this to work. I wanted to see it but all that happens when I went to Twitter is saw a stack of posts by idiots replying to what musk wrote when he said he was going to release it. So I saw just a lot of crap and 0 of anything useful. There has to be a better way to do this.

Look up Matt Taibbi, he’s the journalist musk assigned to write the story.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
It was posted from another account not musks

I wouldn’t bother reading it it was nothing new, actually it was a lot less incriminating than I expected, I was surprised, it almost made them seem less bad than I thought they were

Wake me up when they’re all in jail

Here’s the link
View: https://mobile.twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1598822959866683394?s=20&t=VjazWLRA0qehmuzafeFG5A

Blows my mind all the liberals still on there defending Hunter and Joe and denying the laptop is real because files were copied and edited

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Isn't it going down because the FED is going to bump rates again?

Yes, it gives them more dry powder to burn.

The reason for the sarcastic post is that this backwards commie BS is a clear indication of our ongoing clown world.

The creature from Jeckyl Island is currently exposed to people who don’t know anything about our macroeconomic system, Keynes, and “modern monetary theory.”

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
@MitchC
Did you see how Ye managed to get banned from Twitter again? This time even with Elon at the top, this clown managed to think posting a swastika was a good idea?

You seem to like Ye as a “businessman” from prior posts (when you compared his fox interview with listening @Kak show) I want to point out that listening to him speak on Fox is truly a giant waste of time. He’s not all there in the head. May even have some Latin name for his condition. Or maybe his condition will be named after him?! ;)

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.