The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
You know how gurus and life coaches say you should go test drive your dream car? And drive through an expensive neighborhood and admire your future dream home? Or put together a vision board of such things?

Another exercise I find valuable are walk through a cemetery while reading headstones.

There's a cemetery 3 blocks from my house and I take leisurely walks through it on occasion. I found it very meditative and a great reminder that I will be dead one day, and that I should always endeavor to life my best life with no regrets.

I am banned from talking about Cemeteries by my wife.

Pulled the "we will all be in there soon enough, it makes you think..." card too many times when driving by one.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I am banned from talking about Cemeteries by my wife.

Pulled the "we will all be in there soon enough, it makes you think..." card too many times when driving by one.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You must be fun at parties cemeteries.

Jokes aside, my girlfriend could ban me from talking about death in general.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Anyone else feel like IYKYK is getting old...

If you know...then you don't need someone to say "if you know you know" because you already fawking know!!!

G

Guest-5ty5s4

You must be fun at parties cemeteries.

Jokes aside, my girlfriend could ban me from talking about death in general.
Me too. I always bring it up nonchalantly...and she starts crying. And then I remember how touchy it is for most people

edit: Usually goes "My (insert ancestor) would be proud of X and your (insert relative) would find Y really cool" - very upsetting for her, very cool to me, I didn't think about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
They really want you gagging so hard your eyes water when they shove that diversity down your throat don’t they.View attachment 46125

The average person would have a stroke watching the original Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Demonstrates why the average citizen can never succeed as an entrepreneur or a problem solver. Demonstrates why most people just can't think logically any longer and are only mindful to whatever confronts them, first-order thinking. (Wait until the end for it all to fall in place)

View: https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/1597674372114055168

I liked this version better:

View: https://twitter.com/C0rellianrogue_/status/1597755541966983169

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
You know how gurus and life coaches say you should go test drive your dream car? And drive through an expensive neighborhood and admire your future dream home? Or put together a vision board of such things?

Another exercise I find valuable are walk through a cemetery while reading headstones.

There's a cemetery 3 blocks from my house and I take leisurely walks through it on occasion. I found it very meditative and a great reminder that I will be dead one day, and that I should always endeavor to life my best life with no regrets.

I've been in Buenos Aires, Argentina for most of 2022. There's a really interesting mausoleum cemetery a few blocks away from me. Mostly 1800s to early 1900s mausoleums.

If anyone is wondering why the mausoleums are fancy, the cemetery mainly housed dignitaries and celebrities back in the day. It's in Recoleta, in Buenos Aires.

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG5.PNG6.PNG7.PNG8.PNG20220403_150416_1.gif

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Haha The next time I’m in the neighborhood I’ll stop by for some lettuce and water.
Have you seen the price the lettuce lately????

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Lettuce isn't nutritionally-dense, man. That's only for the rich folks. I eat rice and beans only, the bread and butter of a broke minimalist.
My wife is Mexican, and I guess that means my kids are too. We eat a absolute ton of rice and beans lol. I go through the 7.5kg sacks of rice from Costco, and I have yet to find a good place for beans of that quantity up here but we eat a steady supply of those as well.

I could have a billion $$ in the bank and we would still have a massive pot of beans on the stove once a week. The only difference is it would be Lupe cooking them for us rather than us doing it.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Why did the blind man fall into the well?

He couldn’t see that well
It takes a lot of balls to golf the way I do.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Very wise words. When Munger speaks I listen. I prefer him over Buffett.

Envy is a huuuuge deal. It is a sin just like greed - but average people ignore it and focus on greed because envy is often the one they are most guilty of.

starttoday123

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 7, 2022
USA
Definitely, I think travel can be so valuable because it can help us realize how much we have and put things into perspective better. The way in America at least we are kind of in a bubble and largely don’t see what else is going on in the world beyond the country is like a Petri dish for growing envy

For me it was seeing one of the worlds largest slums, Dharavi in India but I’ve heard from others having really similar experiences elsewhere in the world where there is widespread struggle for survival it’s hard to think about comparing what you have compared to your friends

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Observational note by an asian living in asia:

Westerners and western expats (mainly whites) are allergic to umbrellas. They dislike carrying or using one for whatever reason, even in moderately heavy rain. Maybe it's uncool or they find it a hassle, or umbrellas are seen as toys only weaklings / "betas" use lol This applies to both genders.

Over a period of 2 - 3 month, I've only seen ~2 out of more than approx ~50 of them using one.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Observational note by an asian living in asia:

Westerners and western expats (mainly whites) are allergic to umbrellas. They dislike carrying or using one for whatever reason, even in moderately heavy rain. Maybe it's uncool or they find it a hassle, or umbrellas are seen as toys only weaklings / "betas" use lol This applies to both genders.

Over a period of 2 - 3 month, I've only seen ~2 out of more than approx ~50 of them using one.

Because umbrellas are extremely cumbersome. Extremely cumbersome to carry when it's not raining, extremely cumbersome to carry while it's raining. Better to have a jacket or hide somewhere and wait it out.

Pretty much the only times when I used an umbrella were during funerals at the cemetery where you're standing outside, can't hide from the rain and most likely aren't wearing a rain jacket but something nicer that you don't want to get wet.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Because umbrellas are extremely cumbersome. Extremely cumbersome to carry when it's not raining, extremely cumbersome to carry while it's raining. Better to have a jacket or hide somewhere and wait it out.

Pretty much the only times when I used an umbrella were during funerals at the cemetery where you're standing outside, can't hide from the rain and most likely aren't wearing a rain jacket but something nicer that you don't want to get wet.
Was going to say the same thing. There’s nothing worse than carrying and trying to find a place for a wet umbrella. And I’d rather get wet or stay inside than have to hold one while it rains.

I’m definitely one of the people @Xeon is talking about when I’m in Asia, walking or scootering around in a t shirt and shorts getting soaked by rain and loving every minute of it. Maybe wearing a light jacket if it was raining when I left the hotel.

Since we are talking Asia, depending where, it’s likely going to be hot af so the rain is nice and you dry quickly because you are wearing light clothes.

Makes me laugh looking at all the elaborate rain protection setups on scooters that appear as soon as it starts raining over there.

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I am teaching my daughter about the solar system right now. It pisses me off that they demoted Pluto. My daughter loves that planet because it is small and super cold.

Trying to find a video of all the planets with Pluto? It's been scrubbed from the internet! All you can find is "here is why Pluto isn't a planet". YouTube has a ton of solar system videos with 8 planets, none with poor pluto. Wtf guys?

In 10 years no one is even going to know the name pluto.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I am teaching my daughter about the solar system right now. It pisses me off that they demoted Pluto. My daughter loves that planet because it is small and super cold.

Trying to find a video of all the planets with Pluto? It's been scrubbed from the internet! All you can find is "here is why Pluto isn't a planet". YouTube has a ton of solar system videos with 8 planets, none with poor pluto. Wtf guys?

In 10 years no one is even going to know the name pluto.
Isn't it weird how quickly the entire internet - supposedly a conglomeration of all computers and minds on Earth - can so quickly scrub all information to conform with "the current thing" (the current narrative)?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Isn't it weird how quickly the entire internet - supposedly a conglomeration of all computers and minds on Earth - can so quickly scrub all information to conform with "the current thing" (the current narrative)?

We bought a full set of 1990s encyclopedias. You’d be surprised how inexpensive they are nowadays. They used to cost a shocking amount of money.

We never use them for anything, but determined they might be good to have.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I couldn't find any videos on the 9th planet, but you sure bet I could find a ton of conspiracy videos, even with singing for kids, about a potential "planet 9" that is hiding in our solar system! Go figure.

The internet is trash these days. You are right, if you don't fit the narrative, even on something so silly as planet, you are kicked off.

As a kid I remember having to dig through pages of results to find data, now you can't even dig if you want to. All the search engines only show you a few pages, and all the results are the exact same.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
Searching on the internet should still be theoretically possible, though, right?

Sounds like a business problem for someone to solve.

I'd switch to a silly, clunky, 1999-esque version of a search engine with sub-par algorithms if I knew it was actually going to give me the option to dig through the 2.4 million results that are actually there (as opposed to showing me 5 pages of identical "approved narrative" results and nothing more)

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
Searching on the internet should still be theoretically possible, though, right?

Sounds like a business problem for someone to solve.

I'd switch to a silly, clunky, 1999-esque version of a search engine with sub-par algorithms if I knew it was actually going to give me the option to dig through the 2.4 million results that are actually there (as opposed to showing me 5 pages of identical "approved narrative" results and nothing more)

Have you tried adding quotation marks around your search phrase? Google will only show exact matches this way.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Have you tried adding quotation marks around your search phrase? Google will only show exact matches this way.
Lol. Exact matches from the approved narrative. Searching for exact phrases is only slightly less useless than a broad search

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
Lol. Exact matches from the approved narrative. Searching for exact phrases is only slightly less useless than a broad search

Gotta make the best use of what we've got. Works for me and the things I'm interested in - which do not involve news and politics in most cases.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.