The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Jesus Christ what is wrong with these people. These a$$ clowns are insufferable.

These people have lost all perspective on reality.

Except he doesn't pay for Netflix. And he isn't near a beach, and if he was, he wouldn't pay for the parking.

I find it incredibly ironic that in an effort to be FREE of money, these morons are completely OWNED by money, to the point of picking up roadside trash, using subsidized health care, and taking freebies from friends.

Could you imagine hanging out with these people? Going to dinner? Sharing an Uber?

Every thought in their mind is consumed by money.

Sweet! There’s a video too! “Be like this guy and you too can play board games on to someone else’s trash outdoor furniture.”

VIDEO: This 29-year-old super-saver earns $135,000 a year and plans to retire by 35
This 29-year-old super-saver earns $135,000 a year and plans to retire by 35: I'm in 'the top 1% of the most frugal people'

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
And what do us happily married folks end up doing??
Stand at an intersection and walk up to cars waiting for a red light and just start washing their windshield without asking.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
The article just popped up on my Facebook, he’s getting roasted in the comments on there worse than he is on here :rofl:
And people say there is no such thing as bad publicity?

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
This 29-year-old super-saver earns $135,000 a year and plans to retire by 35
This 29-year-old super-saver earns $135,000 a year and plans to retire by 35: I'm in 'the top 1% of the most frugal people'

Hey @MJ DeMarco this is sooooo awesome. :rofl:

Check out these gold quotes!

Lol. As long as it costs literally nothing. You can do it!
This is the saddest thing I've seen today.

This is like a tutorial on how to waste your potential and life.

Dockid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Aug 23, 2022
Not sure if this is the right thread. Could someone recommend me a good email collector that isn't MailCheat(Chimp). Thanks.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I think my post got misunderstood, lol
The point of the article and the image from it that I posted was about failure, not about weight loss
Sometimes failures teaches us to STOP doing things that are totally bad for our progress haha.

In the article's case, it revealed some of the belly-busting exercises might actually hurt your muscles in the long run.
And belly-slimming is mostly a side effect of most exercises anyways-- not really the mains.

The real secret is to keep your eating in tandem with whatever physical activities you do.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Not sure if this is the right thread. Could someone recommend me a good email collector that isn't MailCheat(Chimp). Thanks.
@Bekit might have aome thoughts. I think she worked at Constant Contact.

The main ones I know of but haven't really used much are ConvertKit, GetResponse, Constant Contact, Active Campaign, and Aweber.

There's other platforms that are more for newsletters... such as Substack, (Get)Revue, and Beehiiv.

There's guys in the forum who do a lot of email marketing who'll be able to help you better than me.

What is it you're trying to do?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Habitual lateness is disrespectful. If people expect you to be late to places, I’m going to tell you what they clearly won’t… You are an a**hole.

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Habitual lateness is disrespectful. If people expect you to be late to places, you are an a**hole.

What's your take on cultures that aren't punctual?

I always wonder how they function when it's normal to be late even up to an hour to a meeting.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

I always wonder how they function when it's normal to be late even up to an hour to a meeting.

MTF

Put two columns:
1) generally punctual (Switzerland, USA etc)
2) generally late (Cape town, South American areas etc.)

Compare how their economies are doing.

Done.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Dockid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Aug 23, 2022
@Bekit might have aome thoughts. I think she worked at Constant Contact.

The main ones I know of but haven't really used much are ConvertKit, GetResponse, Constant Contact, Active Campaign, and Aweber.

There's other platforms that are more for newsletters... such as Substack, (Get)Revue, and Beehiiv.

There's guys in the forum who do a lot of email marketing who'll be able to help you better than me.

What is it you're trying to do?
Just want to collect emails for leads on my website.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
MTF

Put two columns:
1) generally punctual (Switzerland, USA etc)
2) generally late (Cape town, South American areas etc.)

Compare how their economies are doing.

Done.

54bc349feab8ead80250dd44

Source: The Culture Map by Erin Meyer

Not exactly punctuality but pretty close.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
A man found an eagle’s egg and put it in a nest of a barnyard hen. The eaglet hatched with the brood of chicks and grew up with them.

All his life the eagle did what the barnyard chicks did, thinking he was a barnyard chicken. He scratched the earth for worms and insects. He clucked and cackled. And he would thrash his wings and fly a few feet into the air.

Years passed and the eagle grew very old. One day he saw a magnificent bird above him in the cloudless sky. It glided in graceful majesty among the powerful wind currents, with scarcely a beat of its strong golden wings.

The old eagle looked up in awe. “Who’s that?” he asked.

“That’s the eagle, the king of the birds,” said his neighbor. “He belongs to the sky. We belong to the earth—we’re chickens.” So the eagle lived and died a chicken, for that’s what he thought he was.

From Anthony de Mello's "Awareness"

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

I think culture is an excuse for being an a**hole. They can plan and control their arrival and they willfully choose to make someone wait for them.

The formality of the plan matters.

I have noticed in Latin countries they say things that are less formal. “Let’s meet for dinner at the beach club around 8.” The word “around” makes the gathering less formal and no one is watching the clock. Big difference. That’s totally fine.

Saying “oh I’m just Latin” after you make people wait 30 minutes when we planned on meeting at 6:15 for a business dinner. That’s an excuse.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just want to collect emails for leads on my website.
Are those leads people filling in a Contact-Us form, or opting in to get a lead magnet?

missinfinity98

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Oct 25, 2021
I see you don't hold yourself back here, so why should I? Let's spill some tea.

The lack of quality that people agree to run their lives is dumb and frustrating to me. I am sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk of guys trying to manipulate me into relationships because they feel not good enough - and they are right. I am sick of older men acting like they are going to die of a heart attack after I reject the invitation to flirt with them (then just do us all a favor and die). I am sick of jealous people. I am soooooooooooooooo done with the global healthcare business. I am furious because with all the tools given, the society still struggles with same bullsh*t as years ago. I am sick of men laughing at women for things they manipulated them into doing. I am tired of insecure people letting their emotions make them trip.

I am tired and I cannot wait till all the older sexist, patriarchal people just die. They act like pointing out abuse as something wrong is... well - wrong.

I cannot stand people-pleasers.

I have 0% patience for men who think that raping a woman is cool. I have 0% patience for people who lack sexual education but ignore the resources they have to learn.

I hate older couples having abusive relationships, and walking around like this is something to strive for, a goal.

I hate being single but being afraid to date because I feel like the world has gone insane. Because it did. And I am furious because I wanted to have a baby but now I don't know anymore, because of all the craziness around.

I am sick of all the bullshit companies - ignoring all morals, just to use them as slogans in their campaigns.
It makes it worthless. It takes the life out of humanity.

I am sick of older people complaining about teenagers, but acting the same way - insecure, trying to cover it up with fake confidence and "cool things".

What else? Those who instead of addressing the source of the issue, prefer to come for what triggered it.
And here I make a pause - how can I take care of my trigger points? <3 I can become nonreactive
I am often angry at myself for being too nice lately.

Thank you, I am so much better now

I think culture is an excuse for being an a**hole. They can plan and control their arrival and they willfully choose to make someone wait for them.

I have noticed in Latin countries they say things that are more fluid. “Let’s meet for dinner at the beach club around 8.” The word “around” makes the gathering less formal and no one is watching the clock. Big difference.
I think they just like to "shake you up to loosen you a bit" with that :)

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Why does my iPhone think it's so important for me to know that Tom Brady and his Wife have officially divorced? Who cares?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Why does my iPhone think it's so important for me to know that Tom Brady and his Wife have officially divorced? Who cares?
Mine didn’t let me know. Lol. Must be a Tom Brady setting

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
I have noticed in Latin countries they say things that are more fluid. “Let’s meet for dinner at the beach club around 8.” The word “around” makes the gathering less formal and no one is watching the clock. Big difference.
This is one of the most frustrating things about Mexico.

You set an appointment for someone to come to your house. Doesn't matter what for, fix the gas line, deliver water, fix the internet, they're never on time. Sometimes they don't even call or show up at all. And people here just accept that as normal.

Apparently it's not as bad in the big cities because there's more competition. If I fired every person that was late here in QR I'd be left with no one to work with.

I'm probably going to move to Guadalajara or Mexico City in the next 1-2 years partly because of this.

But to your point, meeting with friends & family is the same. "On time" isn't really a thing. Personally, I feel physically ill if for some reason I'm running late to an engagement.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Personally, I feel physically ill if for some reason I'm running late to an engagement.
Same. I never want to make someone wait for me.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I started buying puzzles to do with my kids. It is really fun! I am seriously excited for when my kids are old enough to start playing board games with me. My wife isn't really in to that sort of thing, so I am going to nerd out with my kids haha. A captive audience that thinks I am literally the coolest person on the planet.

My parents got my kids some 2 pieces puzzles when they were babies, and then a 24 pieces one shortly after. I had forgotten about the 24 pieces one to tell the truth, and my daughter who was about 3 at the time found it and made the whole thing on her own, and would clean it up and everything and I had no idea she was even doing it. My wife ended up telling me, and then our daughter started to complain to me that she wanted some that were harder because that was too easy.

I ended up finding a bunch of 48 pieces kids puzzles, and my daughter just turned 4 and she loves these! She will sit there and just do them one after another all by herself and just loves them. So I started to get some more difficult ones, 60 pieces, and then a couple 100 piece ones. She can't do the 100 by herself as that is a pretty significant step up in difficulty. I do point out the shapes and figures or whatever and get her to sort them and start building them that way.

Yesterday I picked up a 300 piece puzzle, so I finally had to step in and start doing a lot of it myself. But wow is it ever fun and addictive! My son pretty much just tries to sit on the puzzle and destroy it, but my daughter is right in there. It can keep her 100% focused for literally hours and hours on end.

I want to get a stack of 100 piece ones, and get the kids doing them 100% solo, and then work up to those 300 piece ones where I help out a bit. Eventually I want a dedicated table and we can work on those 500 piece ones pretty soon I bet. This is a pretty awesome way to spend an evening with the kids.

Puzzles are awesome.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.