The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Question of the year: Why do spammers think I've spent any time at Camp Lejuene?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest-5ty5s4

If you are a doing a project worth millions for a company worth many billions and they refuse to pay you on time, your only option is to hold delivery until they pay you. You will not win a legal battle with a company that could write a check for your whole business. There is nothing making them pay you on time.

It often comes down to forcing the schedule.

I don't think people realize how common it is for large companies to put NET 30 or NET 60 and then not actually pay until 80, 90, or even 100 days have passed. It's horrible

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Oh man, you need to update the section about lining up to save $5 on gas

Here’s a tik tok series of people hiking 2 hours, staying overnight at the top of the mountain, to get a $15 rebate on their gas.

Sure it’s TikTok so it could be fake, but I’d say it’s real. One of them isnt even really on camera. Like they legit must have done it for the $15 not to be on camera.

Not to mention the people who hiked to the top then gave up and went back down, they obviously didn’t sign up for a fake overnight trip for a video.

Turn this around and what a great publicity stunt. I love seeing creative ways to get your company name out there. Just think about the masses of people who stood in line and didn’t hike but got gas at this station. His volume of sales saw a big bump.

If it was me, I’d still feel cheated to wait in line and then learn you need the rebate. This means many won’t be return customers.

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
Is anyone else receiving fake PayPal invoices for $499 lately? I've gotten two in about a week.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
If you are a doing a project worth millions for a company worth many billions and they refuse to pay you on time, your only option is to hold delivery until they pay you. You will not win a legal battle with a company that could write a check for your whole business. There is nothing making them pay you on time.

I don't think people realize how common it is for large companies to put NET 30 or NET 60 and then not actually pay until 80, 90, or even 100 days have passed. It's horrible
Yep. It’s the single worst part about doing business with large customers. Their antics can be hell on cash flows. I’ve had pretty good luck getting up front payment from even relatively large private companies. But the big public companies always get whatever they want.

This is another good reason why we need to be well capitalized. Invoice factoring and the other patchwork cashflow solutions are just a way to get robbed of value you created.

There were some folks on here that actually got screwed over by a subscription box customer who never paid, and probably never intended to.

I work with a family office that can make tens of millions appear for our dealings if needed. I LOVE the confidence that gives me. Find an arrangement like that, make them some money, and they’ll never say no to you.

Last edited:

eramart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Aug 31, 2015
Moscow, Russia

Looks like it’s true in many places in the world, huh )

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I keep getting recommendations on Twitter for "viral video" accounts that are less than 30 days old. I assume someone is creating these accounts, getting the subscriber count up, and then creating a new one and doing it again. Eventually they would have a bunch of Twitter accounts with 20k-30k subs. Is this some kind of bot scam? Here is one from today:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I wish every politician would quiet quit.

I’m going to run for office specifically on a quiet quitting platform. :rofl:

“Mr. Keegan, what is your plan for peace in Ukraine?”

“Well media guy, that’s a great question. I plan to play EVERY SINGLE ONE of the DC area golf courses, eat at MY FAIR SHARE of nice restaurants, and FIGHT DILIGENTLY to grow my investment account with insiderr information.”

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Why write "as someone that..."? Latest I saw is "as someone that has been training for 17 years, I fully...".

Just say: "I have been training for 17 years and I..."

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Why write "as someone that..."? Latest I saw is "as someone that has been training for 17 years, I fully...".

Just say: "I have been training for 17 years and I..."

Identity is one of the strongest forces in our psyche.

I haven't been training for 17 years. NO. I am someone who trained for 17 years.

Are you a smoker who's quit or someone who doesn't smoke? (likely very different outcomes).

Identity can work for you or against you, so leverage it for good! :)

I see this technique used most as a grasp at the higher ground in internet conversations. "As a nurse who's worked for the NHS for X years" etc etc.

It's not usually how anyone worth listening to starts their argument IME. Haha.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

I haven't been training for 17 years. NO. I am someone who trained for 17 years.

Are you a smoker who's quit or someone who doesn't smoke? (likely very different outcomes).

I see this technique used most as a grasp at the higher ground in internet conversations. "As a nurse who's worked for the NHS for X years" etc etc.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I got bored by listening to the same stuff on Spotify. The algorithm is atrocious, constantly playing the same songs over and over again even if you shuffle your playlist (Spotify doesn't have a true random shuffle option).

I decided to play my YouTube favorites from back in the day. And man, I feel so much nostalgia listening to stuff I liked 10-15 years ago. Music is so magical when it comes to bringing back emotional states, thoughts, etc.

When you think about it, it's crazy how easily you can look back into the past with the Internet, mentally teleporting yourself to your mental state when you were much younger. I even saw my comments from 14 freaking years ago.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada

I am all for identities. My life and priorities are organized around my core identities, being a father for example.

Few years ago I was smoking a pack of cigarettes every day. I tried to stop and failed many times. Until the day I decided that I am not a smoker. That was the end of it. No nicotine patch, just stopped cold.

I would rather say "I am a father" rather than as "someone who has been raising a kid..." when I respond.

Maybe it is a bias and in reality I answered differently.

I see your point however. When I looked at it through that lens, it changes how I see those "as someone who...". Thank you

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Let's all retire to the countryside, rear pigs and tend to our farms like during the days of our ancestors! Let AI take over, run the cities, AI hiring AI to do the jobs and AI eating in cafes in our places!

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Business idea: Dog ambulance :rofl:
Trying to lift a sedated 40kg dog in and out of a crate or car after returning from surgery is a serious PITA...

20220930_105935.jpg

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Let's all retire to the countryside, rear pigs and tend to our farms like during the days of our ancestors! Let AI take over, run the cities, AI hiring AI to do the jobs and AI eating in cafes in our places!
We are so far away from this happening that it doesn’t even bother me. Take a walk around town and you’ll realize how out of touch the fear is.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I had an idea yesterday. Turns out, someone else had the idea too, and they already made it happen. It's pretty badass...

Drive A Tank

You can drive a tank through a house or crush cars.

Tank 2.png

Or you can buy a tank...

Tank 1.png

Plus they have corporate packages! :)

Tank 3.png

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
We are so far away from this happening that it doesn’t even bother me. Take a walk around town and you’ll realize how out of touch the fear is.

AI's growth is exponential week on week.

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
I had an idea yesterday. Turns out, someone else had the idea too, and they already made it happen. It's pretty badass...

Drive A Tank

You can drive a tank through a house or crush cars.

View attachment 45329

Or you can buy a tank...

View attachment 45328

Plus they have corporate packages! :)

View attachment 45330
That is so cool.

Imagine having a business where you do demolition for buildings and get paid for it.

Then you sell "drive a tank" sessions to people and let them do all the work, and get paid for that too!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
That is so cool.

Imagine having a business where you do demolition for buildings and get paid for it.

Then you sell "drive a tank" sessions to people and let them do all the work, and get paid for that too!
And create a YouTube channel about it to get more demolition and tank-driving clients, while getting paid by YouTube for the ads.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Anyone in western Florida? How are you doing?

I finally saw some of the devastation. I used to Spring Break @ Mt Fyers Beach and Sanibel, those places have been demolished and wiped away! So sad and it's a reminder how fast things can change in life. I wish you a healthy recovery.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
@Kak selling "green" cost-efficient solutions.

You know what’s funny? I am so colorblind that I can’t tell the difference.

The rolls of plastic leaves and stapling are pretty damn funny though. Tomorrow’s innovators. :rofl:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
Anyone in western Florida? How are you doing?

I finally saw some of the devastation. I used to Spring Break @ Mt Fyers Beach and Sanibel, those places have been demolished and wiped away! So sad and it's a reminder how fast things can change in life. I wish you a healthy recovery.

We went inland and north when it was supposed to hit Tampa. It really looked like it was going to smash St. Pete earlier in the week but where we were, we got lucky. Didn't even lose power, nor did my place in Tampa.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.