The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
Wow, that looks awesome. Wonder if it is just hype or it will actually happen.
exactly, curious to see the actual applications these will have. How far can AI go ? How much detailed the text can be ? From what I've seen the video lacks continuity as it's just an image after the next.
Very interesting anyway

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Video creation and editing is getting easier all the time. When someone like me can script, create, edit, and publish a short video a day then you know something's afoot.

IMO, good writers/marketers/entrepreneurs who know how to plan, research, script, create hooks, write stories, create open loops, etc have a massive opportunity. They "just" have to jump in and act, assess, adjust.

Consider what James Jani did because of his story/acting background and business/marketing smarts. His superbly edited videos wouldn't have worked if the idea, research, and script weren't on par.

I follow a channel on YouTube called DreamCloud. I think the tools he finds and showcases are fascinating. In his videos he often quickly knocks up a script using AI and creates a video from it using various bits of software. The script is normally poor because he's doing it to show the software. He admits he'd normally do them better.

I see a lot of these sort of faceless videos on YouTube and other platforms that are much poorer quality than the ones he knocks up in his demos.

I can't help wondering what power these tools will have in the hands of a good writer with a good marketing and business brain.

I've not watched his latest video. They're normally good so I'll link to it, plus one I think I did watch.

View: https://youtu.be/yz-XqZ83_Vs

View: https://youtu.be/3aEbEUi9Nkg

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
I'm currently trying to decide whether to just try things out or to read another book by MJ DeMarco.
I've read TMF and one thing he's been saying is to not action fake. I also feel relatively well equipped with the TMF knowledge. The other Unscripted books just seem to be pretty beloved here...

G

Guest-5ty5s4

People talk about how much their time is worth to justify not working hard or doing anything physical, then spend their time sitting on the couch watching TV making zero dollars.

If your time isn't worth $1,000 yet, admit it. You gotta earn that before you can say that

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
For probably 90%+ of people, their word means absolutely nothing. They will not follow through with what they say they will do.

It's frustrating, but reduce the energy you waste caring about that to the absolutely minimum. It's part of the game.

Learn to vet people quickly, and when you meet people who are reliable and competent, don't let them leave.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

For probably 90%+ of people, their word means absolutely nothing. They will not follow through with what they say they will do.

It's frustrating, but reduce the energy you waste caring about that to the absolutely minimum. It's part of the game.

Learn to vet people quickly, and when you meet people who are reliable and competent, don't let them leave.
It’s very true. It is also hard to do everything - you have to pick your battles. Stoicism helps. Don’t expect too much from other people, expect a lot from yourself. But forgive yourself when you fail to follow through on everything.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
It’s very true. It is also hard to do everything - you have to pick your battles. Stoicism helps. Don’t expect too much from other people, expect a lot from yourself. But forgive yourself when you fail to follow through on everything.

Have you read any Ryan Holiday books or checked out his site Daily Stoic? Great stuff, just finished his book Ego is the Enemy.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Interesting insights from a Reddit post I came across :rofl::rofl::rofl: :

00232f9ffbda653d78d7bc2ff8a7d1b9.png

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
My man Andy has a link for everything
When I was in big IT teams people would joke that I always said "I have a script for that."

People would want to do a certain task and they'd check with me first. I'd likely have done that task once or twice, then spent time writing a script to do it for me the next time.

That's what smart and lazy people do. They automate themselves out of tasks so they can move onto other things.

I do the same thing in the forum. If I notice I'm repeating myself then I create a thread to link to in future.

Most of my threads are therefore "battle-tested". I know they help people because they've already helped people as replies to threads.

Ahem... Here's a thread I wrote about it:

piano

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
I tried to get a job at a restaurant a few minutes ago. It doesn't look too good tho lol. I'll try others too.
Me: "Hello, are you looking for waiters?"
Him: "No, not really, do you want to be one?"
"Yes"
"How old are you?"
"I'm 15, soon turning 16"
"How long do you have left to attend school?"
"4+ years"
" :wideyed:"
That restaurant was rather looking for full time people, so yeah.
Hoping that not everybody is looking for full time employers.
He asked me leave details though, just in case.
I will continue tomorrow!

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I tried to get a job at a restaurant a few minutes ago. It doesn't look too good tho lol. I'll try others too.
Me: "Hello, are you looking for waiters?"
Him: "No, not really, do you want to be one?"
"Yes"
"How old are you?"
"I'm 15, soon turning 16"
"How long do you have left to attend school?"
"4+ years"
" :wideyed:"
That restaurant was rather looking for full time people, so yeah.
Hoping that not everybody is looking for full time employers.
He asked me leave details though, just in case.
I will continue tomorrow!
at age 15 that is a great move. There are lots of restaurants, keep trying. There are also lots of entrepreneurial things you could try as well... Services especially!

Read some of the gold threads to get started without a job at all.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
"A life with nothing to care for and no one to care about is one of the hardest things for a human being to bear." (Eric Greitens, Resilience)

piano

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
I actually lied to you guys. ;-;
I tried to just do something else after writing my previous post, but I couldn't.
I went onto google maps and called other restaurants and the 2nd one was a bingo!
I went there (while raining and at night time ; ) and met the chef. I f*cked up the first handshake, I then told him everything and he told me to call him again when I'm 16yo (/allowed to work). The goodbye handshake was also garbage, then I insisted on another one. That one was shit as well. I then went for a last one and landed a good handshake!

So yeah, he tried to not waste time and said that we'd just look how well I'd do at work.

Success!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I've deleted a few posts. This forum is for people who want to better themselves. Let's make it welcoming to both sexes.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
I was at a conference and a speaker was a successful entrepreneur. He had a big exit in one industry with over 1500 employees, took the money and put it into a real estate business. He's kicking butt in there now too! Very smart man with a few gold nuggets of wisdom from his experience. After the event, I did what I typically do - come over to thank him, shake his hand and give him my card with "if you are ever in Vancouver, or need to expand your business here and I can be of help, here is how to find me". 99/100 times this leads to very little, but it's something I do and I mean it. I don't come up to people who don't impress me or somehow don't align with my moral compass etc. I am being genuine and I don't need or ask for anything.

Fast forward a few weeks and I get an amazon delivery at my office. I open it, there is a book and a note "it was nice to meet you in Toronto. Hope you enjoy this story and that our paths cross again! From Ron Lovett". My first thought "Who is Ron Lovett?", I look at the book and it's the author... and it clicks. He published a book after his exit and sent it to me because he had my card.

What a great guy, I can't wait to read it. I'll be sending him a hand written thank you note after I read the book and do hope our paths will cross again.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
A quote I saw on a girl's Instagram:

"Straight guys flirt better with their homies than with girls"

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
Have you read any Ryan Holiday books or checked out his site Daily Stoic? Great stuff, just finished his book Ego is the Enemy.

I'm reading his Daily Stoic book right now actually, has helped me emotionally a lot. I could care less for his opinions as a person but it is a great sorting of stoic quotes. Made me dig into older stoics books like Seneca myself.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Potential business idea: View: https://www.facebook.com/Tyla/videos/804235770624149/?app=fbl

The challenge would be to make it be able to run without lithium batteries or anything flammable.
Saw kids riding these last time I flew, really cool, if you make them carry on size or make the battery removable it will be fine.

The kids carried them on and rode them from the plane to baggage claim which is usually the biggest walk so that’s when you’d want it

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Do we have an AI thread? I think I remember one about AI for writing.

This account is interesting to follow. Note that the avatar is produced by AI.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.