The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I completed a 48 hour fast last weekend. It wasn't too bad. I'm going to wait 2 months and try a 4 day fast.
I've heard that the "wall" is between days 2 and 3, when your brain makes a last ditch attempt to get food quickly, before it gives up and only requires water and body fat. Supposedly on Day 2 your brain gets really sharp, as it tries to figure out a way to get food, and on Day 3 your brain just fires "Food! Food! Food! Food!" to try and drown out whatever thoughts might be keeping you from getting food. The movie where the guy only drank green smoothies for a few months showed the guy doing through the wall, he just layed in bed for 24 hours until his brain stopped firing "Food! Food!" Did you experience anything like this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I've heard that the "wall" is between days 2 and 3, when your brain makes a last ditch attempt to get food quickly, before it gives up and only requires water and body fat. Supposedly on Day 2 your brain gets really sharp, as it tries to figure out a way to get food, and on Day 3 your brain just fires "Food! Food! Food! Food!" to try and drown out whatever thoughts might be keeping you from getting food. The movie where the guy only drank green smoothies for a few months showed the guy doing through the wall, he just layed in bed for 24 hours until his brain stopped firing "Food! Food!" Did you experience anything like this?
Day 1 was fine, I do 24 hour fasts every week. Day 2 was mainly lethargy and boredom, not being able to focus too well on anything. I wasn't desperate to eat, but I wasn't doing much of anything :rofl:

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Can confirm this was the case for me. 2 days was fine. Day 3 was brutal.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Can confirm this was the case for me. 2 days was fine. Day 3 was brutal.

I never did more than 24 hours but the mental sharpness kicked in after 18-19 hours. I was “clear” and loved the experience. Then I got hungry…

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Read this book, it was great:

View attachment 45158
They are still hunting Jho Low...and recently sent the corrupt PM Najib to jail.

That chap was really doing his best to delay the inevitable by switching judges, feigning sickness, etc.
Lately, he's been shuffled around hospitals for treatment even after first landing in jail...so we are wondering if he's gonna do his best to spend his sentence in a nice private hospital than prison.

The only good out of it is that-- he'll have to spend a good many years jumping here and there.
So it's no escape at all...

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I wrote about them in Unscripted .

• Million-dollar home page (so and so made $25K last month selling pixels, I'm starting a M-dollar home page!)
  • Blogging (so and so made $25K last month blogging, I'm starting a blog!)
  • Forex (so and so made $25K last month trading currencies, I'm gonna trade FOREX!!)
  • Self-publishing (so and so made $25K last month selling shitty eBooks, I'm starting a publishing biz!)
  • crypto (so and so made $25K last month trading DOGE, I'm starting a investing biz!)
  • investing (so and so made $25K last month trading ARKK, I'm starting an trading biz!)
  • flipping RE (so and so made $25K last month flipping/wholesaling RE, I'm starting a RE biz!)
  • "digital marketing" (so and so made $25K last month managing social medias, I'm starting a DM biz!)
  • podcasting (so and so made $25K last month podcasting, I'm starting a podcast!)

Seriously, its like a broken record that repeats, the singer just changes.
Andrew Tate's Hustle University might have reawakened a few ghouls again...

Quite a number of copywriters I sub on the email complained that Tate sent the 'students' to sub THEIR email lists to 'learn' copywriting from them...which is a tacky thing since you can't just learn everything from their emails or sales pages alone.

Especially learning email copy-- I don't think I myself have hit the motherlode on imitating brand voice or creating one from scratch...

It wouldn't be so bad if they just read the copywriters' daily emails quietly.

But when they start emailing funny shite to them...

Joejordan95

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Sep 12, 2021
U.K
Anyone here consider something like this?
Oh the things men will do for a couple more inches (no double entendre meant) ;)

GQ1022_LegLengthing_04b.jpg
sometimes us men are just as mad as women when it comes to these sorts of surgeries lol

Few inches taller now but I’m a wheelchair a lot earlier than he would of been !

Joejordan95

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Sep 12, 2021
U.K
Just watched running with the devil, the John McAfee story. Doco is a bit meh and full of vice wannabes trying to look cool, but I really didn't know how batshit crazy he was. I thought a lot of it was a show, but he really was bonkers on his home made meth/bath salts concoction.
I watched that a few weeks back and that guy is insane

Picking up prostitutes left right and centre

Hiring special forces guards

Drinking

Doing drugs

All in his 70’s

Can’t blame the man really lol

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
They are still hunting Jho Low...and recently sent the corrupt PM Najib to jail.

That chap was really doing his best to delay the inevitable by switching judges, feigning sickness, etc.
Lately, he's been shuffled around hospitals for treatment even after first landing in jail...so we are wondering if he's gonna do his best to spend his sentence in a nice private hospital than prison.

The only good out of it is that-- he'll have to spend a good many years jumping here and there.
So it's no escape at all...

He's in China, living in relative luxury and pretty much got away with it all. He cannot travel and if the political powers shift into more friendly territory between China and USA, he'll be in jail.

The guy is brilliant, you cannot do what he did and be a dummy. Clearly he's incredibly bright and he 100% could have been an amazing entrepreneur. He chose the easy and fast method of enrichment. Instead of focusing on doing things to help others, he focused on himself. And that's the irony, his level of inherent luck, talent and developed skills could have made him 9 figure fortunes while enjoying the freedom to spend as you wish... instead, he's in hiding. He had a good run and it ended.

Oh ... thanks to him we have The Wolf of Wall Street movie :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I think I'm starting to love Reddit. ;)

tmf-on-reddit copy.png

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I think I'm starting to love Reddit. ;)

View attachment 45233

Reddit is good. It has lots of information and opinions. It's also how I discovered the Unscripted book through reading the comments of a poster there. Lots of people on Reddit are deviants, non-mainstream in their thoughts and stuff like TMF /Unscripted would appeal to them.

Random rant of the day: The Mutalk Microphone Seals Your Voice In Virtual Reality

Looks extremely stupid and even more like some BDSM device.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

I’ve always been of the opinion that the intent of the use of a word is more important than the word itself. Did I mean to offend someone with my choice of words or not?

But I can see how articles like the above point to the habitual use of language without a second thought. It just seems that this example is too far, can’t imagine anyone meaning or being “racist” by use of the word “blackmail”.

As a white male… easy for me to say.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

I’ve always been of the opinion that the intent of the use of a word is more important than the word itself. Did I mean to offend someone with my choice of words or not?

But I can see how articles like the above point to the habitual use of language without a second thought. It just seems that this example is too far, can’t imagine anyone meaning or being “racist” by use of the word “blackmail”.

Dude, it’s just another article written by an idiot obsessed with race, instead of more productive and constructive pursuits. It is also on a woke ESG website. I wouldn’t think too much about this. There are less people sitting around and coming up with new shit to be offended by than this article might suggest.

I call this victim minting.

“Has someone dared to say the word bLAcKmAiL in your vicinity? You are a victim!”

Last edited:

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Dude, it’s just another article written by an idiot obsessed with race, instead of more productive and constructive pursuits. It is also on a woke ESG website. I wouldn’t think too much about this. There are less people sitting around and coming up with new shit to be offended by than this article might suggest.

I call this victim minting.

“Has someone dared to say the word bLAcKmAiL in your vicinity? You are a victim!”

Reminds me of github getting rid of the word "master" when pushing to the "master branch," or some real estate websites and brokerages getting rid of the term "master bedroom."

It is a total waste of time and energy. This topic has been beaten to death too. What kind of business has time for such pleasantries and social comforts, rules and feelings...as opposed to working and producing...

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Reminds me of github getting rid of the word "master" when pushing to the "master branch," or some real estate websites and brokerages getting rid of the term "master bedroom."

It is a total waste of time and energy. This topic has been beaten to death too. What kind of business has time for such pleasantries and social comforts, rules and feelings...as opposed to working and producing...

In the absence of free money floating around everywhere, priorities are going to change. ESG is going to show itself as a massive malinvestment. While it had some marketing value to certain idiots, it was never productive.

With tighter credit, businesses are going to actually have to operate like (gasp) businesses instead of the zombie, woke, PR shows over the last ten years. A large cap CEO’s primary job over the last decade has been to show up and virtue signal.

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

In the absence of free money floating around everywhere, priorities are going to change. ESG is going to show itself as a massive malinvestment. While it had some marketing value to certain idiots, it was never productive.

With tighter credit, businesses are going to actually have to operate like, gasp, businesses instead of the zombie, woke, PR shows over the last ten years. A large cap CEO’s primary job over the last decade has been to show up and virtue signal.
Yup... Granted, some of the megacaps with billions in cash will still be able to eat their losses on virtue signaling, but generally, the private sector at large needs to actually produce things, not be a political show.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

You’re probably the only person who reads this website, I don’t even know how you found it

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
You’re probably the only person who reads this website, I don’t even know how you found it

Dude reads so much he ran out of normal internet.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Yup... Granted, some of the megacaps with billions in cash will still be able to eat their losses on virtue signaling, but generally, the private sector at large needs to actually produce things, not be a political show.
All these woke companies are ripe for disruption.

Their biggest problem will be hiring and keeping good staff, no one productive wants to put up with this shit and work beside diversity hires.

Someone I know is going through this right now, has to sit in meetings where they talk about their feelings and it’s a safe space no one can judge, someone in the meeting the other day said she doesn’t feel good having a king now not a queen?? He just wants to work hard and do a good job and be rewarded for it not listen to this shit.

I used to work in the mining industry and it’s the exact same, no man who knows what he’s doing and has experience will work for the most woke company out there, they’re promoting and hiring females based on quotas, now you have a supervisor with 8 months mining experience telling someone who’s been doing it 30 years what to do. Yeah they’re struggling to get good staff believe it or not.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
https://www.clickorlando.com/busine...an-pleads-guilty-to-72m-C0VlD-19-relief-fraud

I don't understand how some of these frauds are so convoluted, they probably could be successful in something legitimate.

He bought a mansion and a Navigator, then fled to Switzerland once learning the Feds were on to him.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I saw something about Finland making a law requiring parental leave for both men and women.

Does anyone know how this applies to small businesses? What if you are a brand new business with only a handful of employees and you really need them to be at work? What if you don't have a lot of money in your business? Curious how this does or doesn't destroy entrepreneurship and if the lawmakers considered the little guys.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

I got into a debate on a group chat over this. My views were hugely unpopular.

But then … I’m a white male. Like I assume you and @Kak are too.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I put on the old cartoon "lady and the tramp" for the kids while I prepare dinner. It had a warning before it started saying that it contains content that is harmful to minorities or something. Lol

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I got into a debate on a group chat over this. My views were hugely unpopular.

But then … I’m a white male. Like I assume you and @Kak are too.

My 23 and me says I’m 2-3 percent “victim.”

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I bought a Kenmore fridge for my garage and I thought they forgot the bottom shelf. I come to find out that the model I got doesn't include the bottom shelf! WTF is up with that. Is this how they are keeping prices down?

I look more closely at the website photo and there is no bottom shelf!

prod_26706558712.jpg

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I bought a Kenmore fridge for my garage and I thought they forgot the bottom shelf. I come to find out that the model I got doesn't include the bottom shelf! WTF is up with that. Is this how they are keeping prices down?

I look more closely at the website photo and there is no bottom shelf!

View attachment 45242

Are you making that back up though with the extra space for those grapes and oranges?

If not, then that is pretty crazy - but it does look like that bottom container is a bit bigger.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I'm still surprised at the amount of people here that have a car as their profile pic.

It's completely different when it's someone using their own actual car that they bought once they became successful, but otherwise... I don't get it. On a few different levels.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.