The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Apr 24, 2016
I’m sure other people here on the forum didn’t know what GPM was talking about unless you knew he was from Canada.

Yeah googling for yourself helps but now anyone else reading the thread can easily get clarification.

It says he's from Canada right below his avatar.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
It says he's from Canada right below his avatar.

Good point, and on mobile all of those things are hidden so I can’t see it ATM.

@MJ DeMarco just curious what’s the split on mobile/desktop traffic for the forum?

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
Good point, and on mobile all of those things are hidden so I can’t see it ATM.

@MJ DeMarco just curious what’s the split on mobile/desktop traffic for the forum?
Not only is user country info not visible on mobile, but I don't see any reason why an Indian citizen would need prior knowledge of Canadian government officials apart from Trudeau. I'd doubt most Canadians would be familiar with any Indian government officials except PM Modi and 99% would have zero clue what BJP or Hindutva are. Give the guy a break before going off lol

On another note, I literally had zero knowledge of Bulgarian government officials until 2 days ago

For clarity, this post isn't pointed at doster.zach

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
but I don't see any reason why an Indian citizen would need prior knowledge of Canadian government officials apart from Trudeau. I'd doubt most Canadians would be familiar with any Indian government officials except PM Modi and 99% would have zero clue what BJP or Hindutva are. Give the guy a break before going off lol

This graphic explains everything (aka how some folks view the whole planet):

bc462ae6db06e3a50d8fd3a82a22b4c3.png

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
Not only is user country info not visible on mobile, but I don't see any reason why an Indian citizen would need prior knowledge of Canadian government officials apart from Trudeau. I'd doubt most Canadians would be familiar with any Indian government officials except PM Modi and 99% would have zero clue what BJP or Hindutva are. Give the guy a break before going off lol

On another note, I literally had zero knowledge of Bulgarian government officials until 2 days ago

For clarity, this post isn't pointed at doster.zach
Yes sir and even if i Googled for jt and singh or all hail jt and singh what am i supposed to get? Lol

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
This graphic explains everything (aka how some folks view the whole planet):

bc462ae6db06e3a50d8fd3a82a22b4c3.png
I think we should stop now. Some people on forum get serious just because i asked real name and said its wierd to ask names on platform. Again no offense intended.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
I have some thoughts I want to share with you. My friend came up with one assignment for us (apparently, he was inspired by my pick from the book TMF for him): find one profitable way of doing business by the end of the week, to identify the pros, cons, efforts, etc. Just an outline in the form of a presentation.
(We're 16 and 17, we're at the dawn of a life transition, so it's clear why we're doing this)
Sharing it with you guys:

I'm thinking about ur assignment, so i asked my mom what she was ever unhappy with when she bought anything and what she would like to fix. She and her friend couldn't find an answer to my question. Then we started talking about the fact that my perfume from Victoria's Secret ends, i can’t buy new ones because the stores are closed in russia, i ordered a replica, if it smells good, then ill take it and fine
So then they started basically talking about the brand and they were like, when we get rich, we'll buy underwear there. I said u should have that kind of business ( From consumer to producer, u know what I mean haha, turn on a entrepreneurial regime in brain) and also i say that there is a small size set up to xl as i remember. And u know, when i buy Victoria's Secret panties or Starbucks coffee, im buying and being led by the brand. They've tied the brand to people's associations. Starbucks is coffee, atmosphere, working at a notebook. Victoria's Secret is the cute lingerie and homewear, their angels and shows, that were stopped, Apple is about brevity, ergonomics, quality, performance. We have to build a brand, not a business. And also everything good is an upgrade of the old. We don't have to reinvent the rocket. We can take the same Victoria's Secret, and make it for plus-size girls for example. Yes, a lot already make lingerie for all sizes, so we have to think bigger and figure out exactly how we're going to be different from everyone else. We must think how to capture either scale (global, national market, no less) or size, quantity (many different types of products). Or we can do both at once. Apple has both global scale and a bunch of phone models, there's a huge demand for it, so they can control the price themselves, everyone will buy it and they know it. Victoria’s Secret also has global scale and a lot of different products, that's why they are successful

THANKS VERY MUCH
for your attention, happy to have any interaction with my information
Is there any payment system that works cross border now?

I think visa has blocked Russia and that makes payment to Russia harder for foreigner.

I heard some Chinese apps could be used in Russia I have yet to look into it, as they usually require mainland chinese phone number for registration and not too friendly with foreigners living outside China.

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Just read WEALTH EXPOSED honestly thinking of recommending it to my friend Slade he is that buddy of mine I would give that 2 million envelope to. He learned graphic design and can remove a virus from a computer and today he is customer service for DirectTV not that his work is bad he just needs leadership.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Lol look at the firestorm I have created. I should have been more specific in my original post.

I think everyone needs to know who Justin Trudeau is, just to know exactly what NOT to be. He is the leader of the clowns.

eramart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Aug 31, 2015
Moscow, Russia
Is there any payment system that works cross border now?

I think visa has blocked Russia and that makes payment to Russia harder for foreigner.

I heard some Chinese apps could be used in Russia I have yet to look into it, as they usually require mainland chinese phone number for registration and not too friendly with foreigners living outside China.
Everything cross-border is complicated now. I’d say that having a branch somewhere outside of Russia is your best bet.

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Just read WEALTH EXPOSED honestly thinking of recommending it to my friend Slade he is that buddy of mine I would give that 2 million envelope to. He learned graphic design and can remove a virus from a computer and today he is customer service for DirectTV not that his work is bad he just needs leadership.
Told Slade and Abbey about it might turn into more customers for MJ but he is worth all my referrals.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Are you trying to tell me that a young MBA doesn't know your business better than you do? What nonsense! :rofl: He's read a chapter in a 1994 book (5th edition updated for 2020) on how your business should be run. He's also earning a respectable almost 6 figure salary. He knows.

I couldn't help myself...

Of course you are right. But reality isn't black and white. Bankers who lend to you will request audited financial statements, will talk to your CEO/CFO and even may visit your business. They may even ask you questions based on conversations they had with your competition. An accidentally, they may uncover something they don't like and poof, just like that... It's not enough and never has been enough, to tell a banker "trust me, I know what I am doing". Part of any business success is your ability to negotiate good terms for your loans.
Sorry to revive this after so long. Wanted to add that the big banks put covenants in their loans that are just ridiculous, letting them basically call the money due early arbitrarily... It's nuts. It's better to stay with a small bank as long as you can. I know this isn't relevant to you because y'all are too big but somebody reading this might really benefit.

A big bank could see your company doing poorly in a global pandemic (or when you're literally locked down) as a reason to shut you down, basically. Even when you've paid on time for decades, been through much worse... and are still paying successfully.

Small, local banks won't do that. They'll actually listen.

My theory is the big bank just wants your collateral.

RussRussman18

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 8, 2016
Louisiana
Are you a fan of Fresh N' Fit, Andrew Tate, Dan Bilzerian, and other Redpill Alpha Sigma PUA Totally-Not-Fake Coaches?

Then you'll LOVE Trex!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq_LakJTsIE

The confidence on this man! :eek::eek::eek:

Seriously though, this MDE sketch is all I can think about when I see these goons pop up in my recommended. :rofl:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@MJ DeMarco I struggle to eat more plants in my diet, and I have been wanting to do more vegetarian or vegan days and cut out some meat and dairy. My wife and daughter are also extremely sensitive to eating red meat and their digestion will me messed up for days after eating red meat.

@GPM - here are some of the wife's vegan recipe and cookbooks.

If you are finding that plant-based food is bland or unsatisfying, that means it isn't being prepared right and whomever is cooking, doesn't know how to cook. It isn't very hard.

IMG_2468.JPG

IMG_2470.JPG

IMG_2469.JPG

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Thanks @MJ DeMarco

That would mostly be me cooking. I am fairly proficient at cooking, it's more a matter of me not going for vegetarian options and sticking to meat meals. I want to kick the "there needs to be meat with every meal" training out of my head and start doing like 50% vegan or vegetarian.

I am going to look in to those books and see what interests me!

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Lol look at the firestorm I have created. I should have been more specific in my original post.

I think everyone needs to know who Justin Trudeau is, just to know exactly what NOT to be. He is the leader of the clowns.
I went to a wedding the other day and an old friend from school was there. He’s been living in Canada and has a new Canadian missus. I asked about the truckers and jt and got some interesting replies.

“He’s won twice everyone loves him they’re just a small minority.”

“They annoyed everyone in the city with their horns.” Kind of have to agree here.

“Vaccines were never mandatory.” Had to bite my tongue when I heard this.

Was an interesting experience hearing how these people think, I’ve always wondered if people like this just didn’t exist or if I had somehow accidentally surrounded myself with people of the same beliefs. Now I know.

People who live in New Zealand are the same, I’m not sure if it’s the media there or the people but it blows my mind. They couldn’t believe no one here wore masks, we haven’t for like 6 months and many never did. They aren’t even mandatory in nz and most have kept wearing them. I have family there who didn’t invite other family to Christmas for not getting vaxinated. So glad I live where I do.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014

Man stuff like this just boils my blood. 26 year old irresponsible, selfish, brat, decided to drink and drive and caused the death of a 26 year old pedestrian leaving his night shift to go home. You have ABSOLUTELY ZERO RIGHTS when it comes to doing something YOU KNOW CAN CAUSE OUTCOMES LIKE THIS.

I was literally 10 minutes away that night from that scene. Saw a flurry of cops, firefighters, and ambulances rushing in that direction. I kid you not, my first thought was "probably a drunk driver accident" and then I saw the news this morning.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona

Man stuff like this just boils my blood. 26 year old irresponsible, selfish, brat, decided to drink and drive and caused the death of a 26 year old pedestrian leaving his night shift to go home. You have ABSOLUTELY ZERO RIGHTS when it comes to doing something YOU KNOW CAN CAUSE OUTCOMES LIKE THIS.

I was literally 10 minutes away that night from that scene. Saw a flurry of cops, firefighters, and ambulances rushing in that direction. I kid you not, my first thought was "probably a drunk driver accident" and then I saw the news this morning.
Responsible people are usually the ones that end up dead in those accidents which is the incredibly unfair part. MJ made this post last year after a formerly successful/notable forum member drove drunk after a work-related event, drove his car the wrong way onto a highway, and killed a young man on his way to work. Victim died, perpetrator lived. Life isn't fair.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Responsible people are usually the ones that end up dead in those accidents which is the incredibly unfair part. MJ made this post last year after a formerly successful/notable forum member drove drunk after a work-related event, drove his car the wrong way onto a highway, and killed a young man on his way to work. Victim died, perpetrator lived. Life isn't fair.

Yup.. saw that thread when it happened and was really shocked as I spoke to the guy before..

Like you said, life isn't fair.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
“He’s won twice everyone loves him they’re just a small minority.”
This makes me laugh. He "won" with 33.1% of the popular vote, which was not even the most popular. The conservatives, who had one of the weakest candidates in recent history, lost the election with 34.4%. Keep in mind that many just vote "liberal" because that is their party and they may have hated him but voted that way anyways.

So yea... Based on their own data 66.9% of the country, during his most popular recent time, couldn't stand him. Not exactly a resounding man of the people.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
This makes me laugh. He "won" with 33.1% of the popular vote, which was not even the most popular. The conservatives, who had one of the weakest candidates in recent history, lost the election with 34.4%. Keep in mind that many just vote "liberal" because that is their party and they may have hated him but voted that way anyways.

So yea... Based on their own data 66.9% of the country, during his most popular recent time, couldn't stand him. Not exactly a resounding man of the people.
Yeah I knew that but I didn’t waste my time arguing with them, just blew my mind what I was hearing, how does anyone listen to that rat without their skin crawling.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Apr 24, 2016

Unlike many here, Peterson isn't really someone I follow or look up to. However, I'm glad someone as popular as him is taking a controversial stance on the transgender fad. Society tell us we're supposed to be fine with extremely mentally ill individuals' decision on reversing their biology - I think not.

And I'm not normally a "this is right/wrong" kind of guy but conversion "therapy", "pride" month, and the societal pressure of tip-toeing around pronouns is narcissistic, idiotic and infuriating.

If anything, a man probably doesn't feel like a man due to depression and a hormonal imbalance i.e a lack of testosterone. I think that the first step should be getting that man's testosterone up. And if after he still feels like he'd rather be a woman - that's fine but you won't get any special treatment from me. I won't celebrate you or view you as belonging to some special group of people. If you associate with "that" group, then it's clear to me you're just another moron. It probably goes the same for women but I'm not a woman so I won't comment on how that works.

I feel for all of you who live in the West. We don't have ANY of this in Eastern Europe. Probably a good 10 years before it gets as bad as it is for you - though I'd rather it never happens.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just came across a great line...

"Once is a mistake, twice is a decision."

Danny_Cox

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Apr 26, 2022
Bristol, UK

Unlike many here, Peterson isn't really someone I follow or look up to. However, I'm glad someone as popular as him is taking a controversial stance on the transgender fad. Society tell us we're supposed to be fine with extremely mentally ill individuals' decision on reversing their biology - I think not.

And I'm not normally a "this is right/wrong" kind of guy but conversion "therapy", "pride" month, and the societal pressure of tip-toeing around pronouns is narcissistic, idiotic and infuriating.

If anything, a man probably doesn't feel like a man due to depression and a hormonal imbalance i.e a lack of testosterone. I think that the first step should be getting that man's testosterone up. And if after he still feels like he'd rather be a woman - that's fine but you won't get any special treatment from me. I won't celebrate you or view you as belonging to some special group of people. If you associate with "that" group, then it's clear to me you're just another moron. It probably goes the same for women but I'm not a woman so I won't comment on how that works.

I feel for all of you who live in the West. We don't have ANY of this in Eastern Europe. Probably a good 10 years before it gets as bad as it is for you - though I'd rather it never happens.
The entire issue is gender norms. This all begins and ends with societal pressure (all of which is fabricated). There's no correct way to be male or female; the human mind is infinitely variable. If folks were happy to just be themselves, just as they are, this problem wouldn't exist.

The idea that a scalpel can cure a mental conflict is totally misguided.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
The entire issue is gender norms. This all begins and ends with societal pressure (all of which is fabricated). There's no correct way to be male or female; the human mind is infinitely variable. If folks were happy to just be themselves, just as they are, this problem wouldn't exist.

The idea that a scalpel can cure a mental conflict is totally misguided.
I guess most people don’t care how others want to change their own sex and gender…and are by and large open minded..until money is involved.

Where I live there is heavy state subsidy to promote traditional family structure.

If you get married (men with women of course) you get state public housing subsidy for new apartment that if can earn I would say conservately $300k when you are eligible to sell it.

There is kind of new born babies cash bonus and other incentives that is in the lower five digits. But again that don’t actually have much effect since the cost of raising children are much higher.

Find a boyfriend/girlfriend, get registered to queue up for new flats, make $500k when both of you sell it next time. Sounds like a good deal.

As absurd as it sounds there are many people are getting married for real estate investment rather than buying a house to support a family. I kid you not.

So the whole thing about recognizing alternative gender and family norms will eventually come to disrupt about the essense of politics- Who gets what.

But I guess that non children producing heterosexual families are just as useless as other other alternative forms, since they aren’t producing future tax contributing citizens, or boys who can turn into men and fight for the country when needed. This is becoming a bug in my country when people are getting married, move into subsidized apartment and not having children.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I feel for all of you who live in the West. We don't have ANY of this in Eastern Europe.
That says something right there. Why are they isolated to the west? Lol

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
That says something right there. Why are they isolated to the west? Lol
And why are they appearing in pods among the West? Particular school district's have crazy high numbers of transgender people compared to the rest.

I am sure it isn't a fad and socially pressured to take life altering hormones and chemical concoctions depending on where you live... Nothing could go wrong with that...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.