The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
We called this shit years ago.

That's right. Annual shots.

$$$

I remember being called crazy for predicting this. "They'd never do that."

"They work."

blah, blah, blah

a CEO of a company that makes a product for a profit, telling the world we all need to buy said product on an annual subscription makes a lot of sense. Listening to him doesn’t.

I wish I could convince the world that I’m the ultimate authority on which condos people should buy and when. I’d be mega rich!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
If you live in Brown Recluse spider territory do not play games if see any spiders. I got bit last week and have gone into hell. With medical, lost work, hotel and new deposits for new place gonna cost 5 to 10k. Exploring legal options on the corporate landlord who has history of bad maintenance and aware of this spider infestation for long time. Whole body has become a rash.
Hey man, that looks horrible! What do the doctors say? Any permanent damage? What kind of treatment do you get for this? Damn spiders. We have a ton of them around, but most aren’t as bad and it just itches for a week. Yours looks scary bad.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
If you live in Brown Recluse spider territory do not play games if see any spiders. I got bit last week and have gone into hell. With medical, lost work, hotel and new deposits for new place gonna cost 5 to 10k. Exploring legal options on the corporate landlord who has history of bad maintenance and aware of this spider infestation for long time. Whole body has become a rash.

Ummmm... have you gotten that looked at?

I just recently watched this video on Brown Recluse bites... and... seems like they can be pretty serious. You don't want to play games with your body or your health. Hope you get well soon!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtVvtsPgfew

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Hey man, that looks horrible! What do the doctors say? Any permanent damage? What kind of treatment do you get for this? Damn spiders. We have a ton of them around, but most aren’t as bad and it just itches for a week. Yours looks scary bad.

Doctors say I have a good chance of a big hole in that spot and may see bone as the skin does not grow back, if so will need a skin graft. It is scary bad, been a pure nightmare. My landlord told me after I said I was outta there, "well you know you have to give 60 days notice and pay a penalty". I was like see you in court, I'm not living in this death trap.

Ummmm... have you gotten that looked at?

I just recently watched this video on Brown Recluse bites... and... seems like they can be pretty serious. You don't want to play games with your body or your health. Hope you get well soon!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtVvtsPgfew

Yah I have been to Urgent Care twice and the ER yesterday as it got bad but they gave me an IV of Benadryl and 4 different meds and today had a great rebound. Thanks for the video will watch as learning about these demons for the upcoming battle with landlords if they want to push it.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Doctors say I have a good chance of a big hole in that spot and may see bone as the skin does not grow back, if so will need a skin graft. It is scary bad, been a pure nightmare. My landlord told me after I said I was outta there, "well you know you have to give 60 days notice and pay a penalty". I was like see you in court, I'm not living in this death trap.

Yah I have been to Urgent Care twice and the ER yesterday as it got bad but they gave me an IV of Benadryl and 4 different meds and today had a great rebound. Thanks for the video will watch as learning about these demons for the upcoming battle with landlords if they want to push it.
Oh brother, so sorry to hear all this. What a nightmare! Surreal. Your landlord is a dick.

Hope you recover and feel better soon.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Oh brother, so sorry to hear all this. What a nightmare! Surreal. Your landlord is a dick.

Hope you recover and feel better soon.

It's a corporate owner place so maybe after their legal people look at it they balk. In my state there is a rental clause that if it's a dangerous environment the renter can leave with no penalty and small claims goes up to 10k which is the road I'd take. Thanks man been a good day and the rashes and pain is down just worried about that hole location.

@Bekit watched that video glad I had no issues like that kid, I like his parents philosophy on being clean and organized.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Link?

Holy shit. Don't let anyone tell you "money can't buy happiness" because this thing looks like a happy-generating machine.

That said, the 20m flight time on this is the dealbreaker for me, as I was *this* close to giving these guys my down payment. It doesn't seem you can do a lot in 20m ... if you're at a park, that's 9 minutes in one direction, and 9 minutes to get back. What happens if you exceed 20m? You fall out of the sky?

Man, I'd love to get one of these, but that flight time has to get up to an hour or so.

If they could invent a quick-charge battery that charges in 40 minutes, you could get 3 batteries, and rotate through them. Every 20 minutes you'd have to swap in a new battery. You could fly all day, within 5-6 miles of your home base.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Remodeling my house and decided to install solar. Upgraded the service to 400 amps. Had a couple 50 Amp circuits run in the garage for car charging stations.

Put a deposit down on a tesla model y. Taking the dive.

Sold my wife's 4 runner back to the dealer for what we paid for it three years and 45k miles ago.

Still have 3 gas vehicles.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Yeah which clearly shows that sometimes big corporate retail brands have no idea how DTC eCommerce brands work... how can the finance team for Unilever possibly get away with forecasting the 5 year value of CAC. Back when they made the acquisition, FB ads were MUCH cheaper than what they are now with the new privacy policy, etc. Same reason why Casper is struggling.

Great case study nonetheless and just shows you how different business models for retail and DTC really are.
And how different the business model of raising money is, this business is almost just a big show or a big scam. Massive sales numbers but they must have been posting huge losses. Anyone else in dtc has to actually be profitable, but not these guys, they just had to look cool and have impressive enough sales numbers to get acquired. Actually, I think the real secret with them is that they just had to take enough market share away from unilever so that they were forced to either buy them or post declining sales. It just goes to show, don’t be afraid to compete with big companies, they’re F*cking idiots.
a CEO of a company that makes a product for a profit, telling the world we all need to buy said product on an annual subscription makes a lot of sense. Listening to him doesn’t.

I wish I could convince the world that I’m the ultimate authority on which condos people should buy and when. I’d be mega rich!
I mean the spell is wearing off but a lot of us lost our jobs and can’t travel because we haven’t taken his product so I wouldn’t underestimate the power him and his mates in the media and govts around the world have. The only thing stopping them from doing this is the people fighting back, they would love to enforce this if they could.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Wow video technology has come a long way. I am looking at my wedding video from a mere 9 years ago. It looks like absolute garbage and is shaky as heck. A mid level cell phone would take 10x better video and have stabilization these days!!

G

Guest-5ty5s4

exactly; of course it makes sense - it's a huge conflict of interest - we all predicted it here because it's obvious business sense - but the general public, the media, and the political folk were like "nahhh it's for the good of mankind"

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
I know it’s not as big a topic as it used to be. But I never had one, until now @MTF

And it’s not surprising for me, lots of people around us are having or just had it. It’s not like CV19 went anywhere, it just got milder symptoms. Still spreads just fine for a virus.
My wife also just got it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I didn't get infected by her though, so I guess my immunity from February still works. Get better soon!

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I wrote this down this morning, and it really hit me! I always knew this, but writing it down was powerful and kind of shook me.

"I am thankful to live in a time with access to every book ever written on any subject. I can have nearly any of these books instantly delivered digitally, or a physical copy within a few days at most. I can order almost anything, from anywhere in the world, and have it show up at my door in a few days"

We really do live in the greatest time ever to be alive. Further to that, I wrote this:

"My kids are not stepping foot into a government propaganda institute. Nearly everyone on the planet is struggling, and hate massive aspects of their life. The solution? Send them through the exact same path in life that everyone hates and deems a near failure. No thanks!!! Why would I ever think that following in the steps of misery is a good plan for success?"

My daughter turns 4 in September, and it is getting awfully close to that age of becoming a brainwashed sheep. To say I have anxiety about this is an understatement.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I didn't realize flying cars were almost here. $93k, and has a 20 minute flight time.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFpgLxqJDQg

If there's accidents or malfunctions in the air, and we're in a world where hundreds of thousands are flying this in future in the air, won't that mean there'll be such machines falling from the sky and hitting the people and objects on the ground?

Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

I can already see how people are going to misuse this.

Riding on such machines and raining bullets down on the ground as a new form of gun violence.

Mischievous people on the ground shooting at these in the air to make them crash, which again, will cause collateral damage.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I wrote this down this morning, and it really hit me! I always knew this, but writing it down was powerful and kind of shook me.

"I am thankful to live in a time with access to every book ever written on any subject. I can have nearly any of these books instantly delivered digitally, or a physical copy within a few days at most. I can order almost anything, from anywhere in the world, and have it show up at my door in a few days"

We really do live in the greatest time ever to be alive. Further to that, I wrote this:

"My kids are not stepping foot into a government propaganda institute. Nearly everyone on the planet is struggling, and hate massive aspects of their life. The solution? Send them through the exact same path in life that everyone hates and deems a near failure. No thanks!!! Why would I ever think that following in the steps of misery is a good plan for success?"

My daughter turns 4 in September, and it is getting awfully close to that age of becoming a brainwashed sheep. To say I have anxiety about this is an understatement.

An alternative to the dichotomy to homeschooling government school / private school is to have a few parents pool together and hire a private teacher for their kids to be taught in a small class.

You can know how your kids are being influenced and they get to make friends.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
If there's accidents or malfunctions in the air, and we're in a world where hundreds of thousands are flying this in future in the air, won't that mean there'll be such machines falling from the sky and hitting the people and objects on the ground?

Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

I can already see how people are going to misuse this.

Riding on such machines and raining bullets down on the ground as a new form of gun violence.

Mischievous people on the ground shooting at these in the air to make them crash, which again, will cause collateral damage.
I can imagine a future where no one is allowed to drive cars we all just use public transport and self driving Ubers. People will look back and think it’s insane that we let people drive vehicles at 100kph with a piece of paint separating them from oncoming traffic.

Didn’t you guys crash all the time? Yes sometimes
What if you were drunk I bet people drove them drunk? Yes they did
Couldn’t you just drive them into a big crowd and kill people? Yes people did that too
What was stopping you from speeding and driving like a maniac?
You let 17 year olds drive them?
Wouldnt some people be terrible at driving?

It would seem kind of ridiculous if it wasn’t something everyone did every day

I guess it could go either way, flying cars could become the norm

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
An alternative to homeschooling I've seen is to have a few parents pool together and hire a private teacher for their kids to be taught in a small class.
Some private schools are like 20k a year and people send multiple kids. It’s only just occurred to me that you could do this, I wonder why it’s not more common

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

My daughter is 4.5 and I've been thinking about how to handle schooling. I have mixed feelings about how to approach it no matter which way things go. I haven't decided if I'll home school or not. Home schooling comes with its own set of challenges.

I went to public school and did not come out a brainless sheep. I joined the military and did not come out a brainless sheep. My parents did not teach me to question things, and yet, I am here, not working a 9-5. I think I'm in a good position to teach my daughter how to not be a brainless sheep regardless of the brainwash training society throws at her.

Eventually, she will make decisions no matter what or how she is taught. Undoubtedly, some of those decisions will seem brainless to me. But they will be her decisions, and I will have no control over them. For now, the focus is on teaching the fundamentals of reason, the most useful skill that she can take with her into the future.

As a parent, I want to protect my daughter from everything. As a person of reason, I know that I cannot, but at least I can teach reason.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
FV6FPMVXgAAORnz

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
@Lex DeVille I think that most of the forum members are outliers in regards to the whole "brainwashed sheep thing". Throw a hundred people into the meat grinder, and probably 95 of them end up like all the idiots you see milling about on the street. Why increase the odds of raising a moron by sending them to moron academy?

I really believe that "we are the 5 closest people to us" saying.

Do I want my children having capitalist and entrepreneurial teachings and viewpoints passed on to them by outside individuals? Yes I absolutely do.

Do I want blue-haired commie propaganda passed on to them? No I do not. Do I want them to see those commie view points? Absolutely I do. I want them to see them and to critically think about it.

However, I do not want that to be the only view point, and I don't want it drilled into their heads day-in and day-out that business and capitalism are evil and destructive, and that the government and centralized control is good and the only way to go. Every time I see the word capitalism I think of the scene from the Hobbs and Shaw movie where Idris Elba goes on a rant about how Capitalism is bad for the world so it is okay for him to be a murderous psycho and I laugh about just how insane it is that Hollywood preaches against the very thing that makes them all rich. I want my daughter (and son) to see these things and laugh them out of the room for the terrible joke that they are.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
@Lex DeVille I think that most of the forum members are outliers in regards to the whole "brainwashed sheep thing". Throw a hundred people into the meat grinder, and probably 95 of them end up like all the idiots you see milling about on the street. Why increase the odds of raising a moron by sending them to moron academy?

Do I want my children having capitalist and entrepreneurial teachings and viewpoints passed on to them by outside individuals? Yes I absolutely do.

Do I want blue-haired commie propaganda passed on to them? No I do not. Do I want them to see those commie view points? Absolutely I do. I want them to see them and to critically think about it.

However, I do not want that to be the only view point, and I don't want it drilled into their heads day-in and day-out that business and capitalism are evil and destructive, and that the government and centralized control is good and the only way to go. Every time I see the word capitalism I think of the scene from the Hobbs and Shaw movie where Idris Elba goes on a rant about how Capitalism is bad for the world so it is okay for him to be a murderous psycho and I laugh about just how insane it is that Hollywood preaches against the very thing that makes them all rich. I want my daughter (and son) to see these things and laugh them out of the room for the terrible joke that they are.

All I have to think about is who is in college getting an educational degree (or a psychology degree for that matter) and think we trust our brains to people, I've seen do and say terribly stupid things.

We trust whatever teacher is given to us by the government but most parents wouldn't trust a state given "baby-sitter".

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

No matter where they go to school, you still have to teach your children how to think and reason. What if not going to public school is the reason they rebel against your ideas and become blue-haired commies? I'm not saying they should go to public or private school either. I don't know what the best answer is. I do think it is the parents' responsibility to do the real teaching until the child is old enough to think for themself.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
I’m feeling better. Just two bad days and now it feels like a lingering cold.

Good to see @GPM and @Lex DeVille engage in a vibrant discussion on how to school our kids.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@Antifragile - happy to hear you are feeling better. :thumbsup:

We really do live in the greatest time ever to be alive.

I think about this every day. My wife and I love that we can satisfy curiosities nearly immediately.

With all the colorful birds around our house, my wife is now a bird expert. A bread-making expert. She's learning to sew. Every hobby and curiosity she ever had, she's able to dive into, thanks to books, YouTube, and instant internet info.

Tammyanne

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jun 18, 2017
San Diego, CA
We called this shit years ago.

That's right. Annual shots.

$$$

I remember being called crazy for predicting this. "They'd never do that."

"They work."

blah, blah, blah
I know right it is so hard to know what is true for sure..listen to our own gut! My gut tells me it is a lot about $$$$ and funny doing our own research to believe things that media has told do not make sense. As far as I have heard people who have had covid and recovered do not need shots cause we are better off than the people just getting shots...boosters etc feel such a farce on so many levels. Most of us get pushed into getting a vax because of rules put into place depending on the situation. Like an example if we wanted to visit Canada from the US...or certain venues in certain locations. Just adding my 2 cents though :)

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
@Antifragile - happy to hear you are feeling better. :thumbsup:

I think about this every day. My wife and I love that we can satisfy curiosities nearly immediately.

With all the colorful birds around our house, my wife is now a bird expert. A bread-making expert. She's learning to sew. Every hobby and curiosity she ever had, she's able to dive into, thanks to books, YouTube, and instant internet info.

Finally, an untapped guru niche! 5 Shifts to Make Millions Bird Watching

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Some private schools are like 20k a year and people send multiple kids. It’s only just occurred to me that you could do this, I wonder why it’s not more common

The top 20% of teachers would leave from the school system, and then it would be apocalyptically F*cked, rather than being quite F*cked.

You'd also see the most able students progress at an astonishingly fast rate compared to their peers.

For rich parents, sending their kids to certain schools is probably like buying a fancy car, it's a status symbol. A lot of parents care more about being seen to do the right thing for their kids, rather than having their kids progress and learn.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.