The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

G

Guest-5ty5s4

View: https://youtu.be/WZWRhLW7Y8w

Do you guys honestly believe trump will leave?

No way that guy folds and hands over power.
Yeah obviously he will leave once they actually go through all the checks and investigations and lawsuits.

Not to mention how absolutely stupid people are not to realize the presidency lasts until JANUARY.

Why aren’t FB and Twitter fact checking posts about Trump “not leaving?”

Because that’s some dangerous f*cking misinformation.

The selectivity is truly evil.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
To me that’s just crazy. How is your money held? Or is it used to fund the construction.

I hope both of these go well for you. But this is exactly how people doing well go broke. If both of these implode, you’d be down $1m. There’s no other way that you would lose $1m of your savings.

So tough to know what the market will be like in 4/5 years. Come closing time if the market is down you are almost forced to close t save your money. I’ve done this before and not closed after 2 years because the market was down, but I only put up $2500.
Yeah, I didn't move forward on the $10k/month unit. The one before that (beside the hospital) I purchased last year. Got 2 more deposits left.

I was close though... lol. But I had a bad feeling in my stomach and this may have been for the better. Thanks for the advice Kenric!

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Fastlane opportunity: I’ve seen at least a dozen of my Facebook friends post that they are leaving forever and switching to Parler. As someone who has used Parler, the app sucks.
Like really sucks. It barely works.

There is a wide open market for what Parler claims to offer and this is the golden opportunity (right now) to be advertising such a social network.

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Recount due for Wednesday... hold your horses

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Scott Adams:

To believe Biden will be sworn in as president in January, one must believe at least one unlikely thing:

1. Despite being brainwashed to believe Trump is Hitler, Democrats in key cities did NOT attempt a large-scale voter fraud to save the country.

Or. . .

2. Democrats did commit major voting fraud to remove "Hitler," but for some strange reason, all the geniuses looking for indications of it can't find any confirmed evidence, and there are no whistleblowers.

Or. . .

3. Democrats WANTED to commit major fraud to get rid of "Hitler," but there is no practical way to do such a thing and hope to get away with it.

Or. . .

4. Democrats didn't REALLY think Trump was so bad that it was worth cheating to remove him.

I'm with Scott Adams; the USA media is so left you can't take anything they say as even remotely true and unbiased.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

He's going to have to leave. He lost whether he believes it or not.
Congress counts the electoral votes and determines who won. The TV channels and news companies don’t.

The presidency also doesn’t end until January.

You won’t see FB or Twitter fact checking this though because they are biased and complicit in the divide of our country.

Here

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 6, 2019
Fastlane opportunity: I’ve seen at least a dozen of my Facebook friends post that they are leaving forever and switching to Parler. As someone who has used Parler, the app sucks.
Like really sucks. It barely works.

There is a wide open market for what Parler claims to offer and this is the golden opportunity (right now) to be advertising such a social network.
I can’t even login to Parler. The issue though is that Parler’s founders are huge in the conservative community which is how they got that crowd. It would be tough to compete.
Same with their video site, rumble. It’s atrocious.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I can’t even login to Parler. The issue though is that Parler’s founders are huge in the conservative community which is how they got that crowd. It would be tough to compete.
That's pretty sad. Either they don't actually care or they're still working on it, idk.
The other thing is that they need to move away from being a social network "for conservatives" and simply be one for everybody that just doesn't do the creepy mind control of Twitter and Facebook.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Our baby's gender reveal yesterday!
View attachment signal-2020-11-08-160015.mp4

The Gun: Blaser .338 Lapua Magnum
The Marksman: Your's Truly
The Shot: 250 Yards to a 3 inch circle
The Target: 2lbs of Tannerite shaped charge through a 5 Pound bag of colored chalk powder

Last edited:

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
"Parler is a United States-based microblogging and social networking service launched in August 2018. Parler has a significant user base of Trump supporters, conservatives, and Saudi nationalists. Posts on the website often contain far-right content, antisemitism, and conspiracy theories. " Interesting.
View attachment 35608
Congratulations, Kyle! What a grand way to do the reveal haha. I'm sure you two will be great parents. :)

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
dd9e063fea718037a412283603ea8ed3.png

I always wonder about this infinite loop phenomenon.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

One more teeny-tiny rant... A concept, if you will.

The next President should not use Facebook, Twitter, any of it. Don't give these companies that luxury.

Post news to an official .gov website and send emails.
It's that simple.

Twitter should never have been given this much power. I would say "Screw your @ potus account, I don't want it"

The highest office of the United States should have a communication method that doesn't violate the commandment of Control. If a social media moderator can delete the President's message, who is really the President?

Journalists will rip him/her apart on their own platform anyway. Use official communication for cryin' out loud and skip the tech companies.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
View attachment 35608

The Target: 2lbs of Tannerite shaped charge through a 5 Pound bag of colored chalk powder
Badass!! Congrats!

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
View attachment 35608

Damn. I thought you were going to use fireworks. Shucks.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Last edited:

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Dude... YOU... Live in Boston? How?

It has got to be like the walking dead up there...
Haha there are a few of us patriots up here still doing the good work.

Outside of that I am pulling my hair out goddamn freakin’ daily!!

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Haha there are a few of us patriots up here still doing the good work.

Outside of that I am pulling my hair out goddamn freakin’ daily!!
I dated a girl from Boston a few years back who was very left wing. I visited her home and remember all of her friends were too, but when I met her dad (a real cool guy who was a cop in a smaller town) he was a lot more conservative and seemed to like that I was from Texas. All the dads were conservative of course, didn’t work out with the girl lol but was a fun year or so... except for being cheated on a lot, which became obvious way too late! Oh well, live and learn !!!

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
View attachment 35608

Nice shootin' Tex. (pun intended)

Yeah, why isn't there a cowboy emoji?

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
I dated a girl from Boston a few years back who was very left wing. I visited her home and remember all of her friends were too, but when I met her dad (a real cool guy who was a cop in a smaller town) he was a lot more conservative and seemed to like that I was from Texas. All the dads were conservative of course, didn’t work out with the girl lol but was a fun year or so... except for being cheated on a lot, which became obvious way too late! Oh well, live and learn !!!
Your story is oh so familiar.

By chance or by fate I met my wife here in Boston, who just so happened to be from a conservative part of New York. We are certainly outliers. We’ll be at least 800 miles south of the Mason Dixon, not soon enough though.

Cyberthal

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Apr 14, 2020
Shenzhen
Ya'll are ignoring the existence of Gab, Ruqqus, 8kun, Voat and thedonald.win

There's no further market opening for free speech forums.

There might be room for a Facebook competitor. But VK exists, and Idka is closing down for lack of funding. Bad idea to enter.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Curious question for some of you car guys...

I'm getting a little tired of driving the old suburban around and I'm ready to go buy something nicer in place of the totaled S.

I am leaning towards the Escalades and Navigators this time around because they are truck based and likely to eat up the inevitable 200k miles I will throw at it easier than a Benz.

Thoughts on the modern Ford vs GM drivelines? I would have said GM without question 10 years ago... But I know things have potentially changed.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Curious question for some of you car guys...

I'm getting a little tired of driving the old suburban around and I'm ready to go buy something nicer in place of the totaled S.

I am leaning towards the Escalades and Navigators this time around because they are truck based and likely to eat up the inevitable 200k miles I will throw at it easier than a Benz.

Thoughts on the modern Ford vs GM drivelines? I would have said GM without question 10 years ago... But I know things have potentially changed.
I’m partial to GM myself. Just something about that indestructible pushrod LS motor.

They both share the same 10 speed transmission, it was a joint development between the two companies. It’s in everything now, from the Tahoe to the Camaro, and from the Expedition to the Mustang.

I don’t have experience with the 10 speed, but it’s a vast improvement over the 8 speed GM was using just a few years ago.

If you went with the Escalade, I personally would stay away from the diesel, the 6.2l is simply perfect as it is, despite being a slut for gasoline. But who buys a full-size truck if they’re worried about fuel mileage? Not me anyway.

The Navigator only comes with the 3.5l Ecoboost. I’m old school and suffer cognitive dissonance when ‘reliable’ and ‘turbocharged’ are used in the same sentence, but it is 2020 after all. I think the first gen Ecoboot motors had some bad problems (10 years ago), but those have been dealt with. A friend of mine has 2014 F-150 Ecoboost with 170-something thousand miles on it without issue.

I don’t think one is better than the other at this point, it’s simply what ever you have a preference for.

Go drive ‘em both!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.