The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I started my first facebook ad campaign today and I am scared. Why?

I dont care that I might loose money. But I do dread getting like 5 calls and then having to go out and clean windows again. Yes I need to hire people. No I cant do it yet because the finanzamt has not sent me my tax number yet which means I cannot sign work contracts.

I never believed it but fear of success is a real thing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lyzmin

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 30, 2023
Amsterdam, Netherlands

I dont care that I might loose money. But I do dread getting like 5 calls and then having to go out and clean windows again. Yes I need to hire people. No I cant do it yet because the finanzamt has not sent me my tax number yet which means I cannot sign work contracts.

Remember @Subsonic - F.E.A.R. False Expectations Appearing Real.

Well done with the execution.
You'll get comfortable with being uncomfortable :)

What's the first small step you can take on staying executing while waiting for you tax numbers?

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Remember @Subsonic - F.E.A.R. False Expectations Appearing Real.

Well done with the execution.
You'll get comfortable with being uncomfortable :)

What's the first small step you can take on staying executing while waiting for you tax numbers?
Well clean F*cking windows and then call the governemt rep to get my tax number.

Their website is basically "If you want to request your tax number please complete your account". Then it says "To complete your account please enter your tax number".

Usually I should have gotten it in the mail a few weeks ago but I guess I need to make some calls.

Thanks for responding and asking that question.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Well clean F*cking windows and then call the governemt rep to get my tax number.

Their website is basically "If you want to request your tax number please complete your account". Then it says "To complete your account please enter your tax number".

Usually I should have gotten it in the mail a few weeks ago but I guess I need to make some calls.

Thanks for responding and asking that question.
Are there any ways you can subcontract or pay another business or self-employed workers to help you? That way you don't actually hire someone? This would allow you to take on bigger jobs now, even if you don't have the proper setup to hire full time just yet. Even if it means paying a little more for the extra help.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Proof that "it" can be done with a labor intensive service. There's something peaceful about a simple product that requires ZERO explanation while still being able to grow with the right strategies.

Location Listings | Fish Window Cleaning

Nicolayyyy

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jan 16, 2023
France
Thinking about taking a gap year to change my habits and my way of life. I'm thinking about MJ' story by quitting Chicago to Phoenix.

I'm currently studying cyber security, I have to finish this year and the next one, and then I'll be graduated by having a sticker "I have an engineer diploma"... I'm studying in Paris and every day I go to school, studying a boring subject (cyber security kinda looks good but in fact it's boring af) and every day I tell to myself that I want to move and focus some goals that make sense for me.

I want to move, I want to go somewhere I don't know BUT somewhere I feel great. Sun, going away from all f*kg French protests about stopping working at 60 instead of 64 it's a pain in the a$$!
I don't know where yet, it's something I think since a few weeks, but it's a big decision to make...

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Does anyone have any advice? -

a family member (immediate family member) that is unsuccessful and lazy beyond means, with a fixed mindset continues to spit the following poison on me.. And from what I've read I believe I'm dealing with a deep narcissist:

"I read all the books you read when I was younger, it's all BS, trust me, you'll come back to earth. You're just living in fantasy land right now. One day you'll realize."

My response is "No. I don't want to realize. Whatever "realize" means in your world, I want to do the complete opposite. I will never "realize"."

What do you want me to realize? That life sucks and I should just suck it up? Like W-T-F?

Hearing this once sometimes messes up my motivation and emotions for hours. Causing me to question myself.

Has anyone had to deal with this? What did you do? Is the best option to move and get the hell away from them?

Thanks
My dedication and effort are not preconditioned on the premise that I will be successful if I do the work.

The rationale argument is that imagine you are trying to escape a concentration camp, in which you will be hanged or shot sooner or later, the only logical move is to plan your escape. The odds don’t matter.

There is also a spiritual dimension that the struggle and not surrendering itself is a beauty that is worth pursuing. In any war or battle you always have some soldiers who defend a building/hill till the last man standing,

You are angry because you are forced to confront your inner fear that you might not achieve the tangible success despite the work. Once you dissociate that outcome dependency you will not be angry or upset.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
AI generated Star Wars teapots thread on Twitter. Better than I could ever do. Are people already making molds with 3D printers from these kind of AI creations? I can imagine someone having AI make them a "cyberpunk Raspberry Pi case", downloading the model to a 3D printer, making a mold, then manufacturing a bunch of them.

FvIcFVlaMAEU4Vt
FvIdcxraEAMPtrg

FvIeBVbaMAMVaHh
FvIedLRaUAEdxJM

Attachments

• 1683050673351.png
    1683050673351.png
    184.2 KB · Views: 1

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Are there any ways you can subcontract or pay another business or self-employed workers to help you? That way you don't actually hire someone? This would allow you to take on bigger jobs now, even if you don't have the proper setup to hire full time just yet. Even if it means paying a little more for the extra help.
Thanks for this reply.

I never though of that but now that you mention it, yeah of course it is possible to outsource some tasks.
Especially a call response service comes to mind to improve my customers experience.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Views and engagement are more important. He's only 1 step away from becoming a 8 figure TikTok Creator in a world where brand deals are waiting for him.

That is scary. As kids me and my brothers used to make torches with hairspray and lighters. We were always scared of one blowing up, not sure what you would have to do to actually get a can to blow up.

I remember when I was about 10, and I was with my younger brother and my older (13) and we were smashing old spray paint cans with a hammer to get the "marbles" out of them. My older brother decided it would be a good idea to light the extra bits of paint that came out of them on fire.

Not being a complete moron, I told him that was a terrible idea and that he should not do it. Needless to say he ignored me and did it anyways. We were at a farm, and in what was literally a house cut in half. So it had 3 wall, and half a roof. Literally a house chopped in half. No idea how or why, but there it was in the forest and it was our hang out spot. I exited the "half house" as we called it, and watched from far waiting to be of assistance when it was needed.

It did not take long for my brother to slam the hammer into a can that was not 100% empty, and it exploded, contacting flame, and blowing the room of the house into flame. Sticky, flaming paint stuck all over my brothers leg close to where he was hammering, and he sustained serious burns to the majority of his right leg. My little brother had his hair and eye brows burnt off, but did not sustain any actual damage. I just saw the whole thing go down and was thankful no one was dead.

This was before social media!!!! I can't imagine what kind of crap my idiot brother would have gotten into for that BS.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Today was the first day I every tried doing 3 "fitness events". I woke up really early. Started my yoga/stretching routine at 05:00. Went for a nice (first of the year) bike ride on some forest trails at 08:30. Did a quick lat workout at 12:00.

Damn. I feel freaking good! I woke up early because my son jumped in bed with me at some time in the night and wouldn't stop kicking me no matter how far I would shove him away from me, straight back on top of me. I decided to get up and take him for a pee before he widdled in my bed, saw it was 04:30, and decided to just stay up. I need to do this EVERY day. Maybe without being kicked for 2 hours before I get out of bed though, that isn't very fun.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Thanks for this reply.

I never though of that but now that you mention it, yeah of course it is possible to outsource some tasks.
Especially a call response service comes to mind to improve my customers experience.
Awesome!! Yes, hiring a freelancer or paying another business is very different from hiring a full time employee. Remember, this isn’t legal advice, so make sure you do everything correctly for the laws of your country.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

I can't seem to see Investment Banking / Private Equity / Search Funds mention here.

Why?

Insane hours but great pay, you get to see good and bad businesses day-in-day-out, understand capital raising methods/structures, really simple I imagine to start any business once you get out.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Does anyone have any advice? -

a family member (immediate family member) that is unsuccessful and lazy beyond means, with a fixed mindset continues to spit the following poison on me.. And from what I've read I believe I'm dealing with a deep narcissist:

"I read all the books you read when I was younger, it's all BS, trust me, you'll come back to earth. You're just living in fantasy land right now. One day you'll realize."

My response is "No. I don't want to realize. Whatever "realize" means in your world, I want to do the complete opposite. I will never "realize"."

What do you want me to realize? That life sucks and I should just suck it up? Like W-T-F?

Hearing this once sometimes messes up my motivation and emotions for hours. Causing me to question myself.

Has anyone had to deal with this? What did you do? Is the best option to move and get the hell away from them?

Thanks

Get away and cut ties with this person at all costs. Family? doesn't matter.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
462%
Mar 15, 2018
Money cannot do anything without you. The money needs you.

I am surprised how few people I meet who made it big without any investors.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Money cannot do anything without you. The money needs you.

I am surprised how few people I meet who made it big without any investors.
How big is big? So you’re saying they all used investors?

Do loans count, or you mean LPs and co-owners exclusively?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
In Germany you guys have WAY less disposable income and wages are atrocious compared to most other countries.

That's why stuffs cheaper, but really it's not cheaper.
Most boils down to labor market policy.

In the EU in theory you can move around and get hired in other countries.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I think there is an impossible trinity for food. I have not seen food that is healthy, tasty but also not pricy. It is easy to score two out of three but rarely all three.

Impossible meat : tasty and healthy but pricy
Junk food: cheap and tasty but unhealthy
Steamed chicken breast with no add on: Heathy and cheap but not something appetizing to eat whole day

if someone could create a 3 in one, even though a less than perfect version, it could grow as a business very quickly. A slightly more tastier version of sub-way chicken breast sandwich at the same price.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I think there is an impossible trinity for food. I have not seen food that is healthy, tasty but also not pricy. It is easy to score two out of three but rarely all three.

Impossible meat : tasty and healthy but pricy
Junk food: cheap and tasty but unhealthy
Steamed chicken breast with no add on: Heathy and cheap but not something appetizing to eat whole day
Buy a whole rump steak and cut it up, about $25/kg.

Affordable healthy and delicious

Impossible meat is lab made rubbish not healthy food

If you want to be vegan then there’s plenty of people here who can help with that and I imagine they will all agree about the lab made fake meat not being healthy

Or just season your chicken lol??

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Buy a whole rump steak and cut it up, about $25/kg.

Affordable healthy and delicious

Impossible meat is lab made rubbish not healthy food

If you want to be vegan then there’s plenty of people here who can help with that and I imagine they will all agree about the lab made fake meat not being healthy

Or just season your chicken lol??
I am just limiting to choices to commercially available "ready to eat" food that needs no cooking. Something that there is no work involved in prepping.

I am thinking of it in terms of both angles, that as a personal consumer choice, but also from a potential business direction that others could find it interesting.

There is a big market for people who are health conscious but do not want to prepare their own food.

In Singapore such food are typically priced as premium food that cost around 15-20 dollar per serving. That is like 80 dollar cost for a 2k calories day.

The closest target I can find it Sub-way/Stuffed, chicken breast/roasted chicken sandwich is is 8 dollar cost per serving, and that will half the cost per 2k calories.

Last edited:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
AI generated Star Wars teapots thread on Twitter. Better than I could ever do. Are people already making molds with 3D printers from these kind of AI creations? I can imagine someone having AI make them a "cyberpunk Raspberry Pi case", downloading the model to a 3D printer, making a mold, then manufacturing a bunch of them.

FvIcFVlaMAEU4Vt
FvIdcxraEAMPtrg

FvIeBVbaMAMVaHh
FvIedLRaUAEdxJM

Won't you need to convert them to 3D objects first? I don't think there's any tool that can turn 2D images into usable, amazing looking 3D models yet.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
Won't you need to convert them to 3D objects first? I don't think there's any tool that can turn 2D images into usable, amazing looking 3D models yet.

The AI probably has 3D models of every object within an image, they would just need to make their internal 3D models available (probably for a fee).

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Now its about a year, when my problems with my neck disc prolapse started.
There were times, where I felt like my life is totally over.
I shut down most of what in my life matters for a while.
Beginning in December 2022, my Doc certificated me sick ( right expression?). Forbid me to work. No running, no sports, no gym.

Long story short: I decided to get into life and today is my first official work day again.

Many of you are entrepreneurs, so my parallel is, I organize my work an so the salary myself. And that way you sure can sympathize the freedom I feel.

And I like the German health system.

I only wanted to tell, hope no one is bored.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Last edited:
G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Now its about a year, when my problems with my neck disc prolapse started.
There were times, where I felt like my life is totally over.
I shut down most of what in my life matters for a while.
Beginning in December 2022, my Doc certificated me sick ( right expression?). Forbid me to work. No running, no sports, no gym.

Long story short: I decided to get into life and today is my first official work day again.

Many of you are entrepreneurs, so my parallel is, I organize my work an so the salary myself. And that way you sure can sympathize the freedom I feel.

And I like the German health system.

I only wanted to tell, hope no one is bored.
Congrats on your recovery!

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Get away and cut ties with this person at all costs. Family? doesn't matter.
Yup. I am getting up and moving to Florida in August.

Also just can't stand new jersey's cold weather. My happiness goes up like 50% in warm spring weather

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.