The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

G

Guest-5ty5s4

LOL, not one mention of business or entrepreneurship. Nope, stop buying coffee and McDonalds. Thanks Mark, I'm glad you shared with us how you amassed your billionaire fortune.

Do as I say, not as I do.

Classic.

Invert their advice! Copy what they did when they were young and aggressive instead.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
LOL, not one mention of business or entrepreneurship. Nope, stop buying coffee and McDonalds. Thanks Mark, I'm glad you shared with us how you amassed your billionaire fortune.

The obvious delta between his advice and his actions has a gross slave driver vibe.

"Leave the business to people like me, we will take care of you."

Screw Mark Cuban, commie douche.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
So I finally saw a bear on a particular part of a mountain trail that I was always expecting to see one on. It is a clearing in the woods with lots of berry plants.

I rode by an unassuming patch of bush and saw nothing during my climb up the trail, and about 40 feet later I heard a massive rustling in the bush. I turned back, and up pops a small black bear head, no further off the trail than maybe 5 feet! I am guessing it heard me coming and stayed still.

I am not sure how far out it needs to be for small bears to be on their own, but I made sure to be awfully loud for the rest of that section just in case mama bear was somewhere close by.

Oh, and how can you tell the difference between grizzly bear poop and black bear poop if you see it on the trail? The Grizzly Bear poop has bear-bells in it! This is why I call them people bells and not bear bells. Although they don't seem to do much good since nearly every moron out there has headphones in and can't hear shit.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Here is a value skew for you guys.

Anything peripheral computer related I pretty much ONLY look at the Logitech brand. They are unreal. They make good quality products, and if there are any issues they fix it right away.

In fact, they are such a good brand I feel bad even contacting their customer service sometimes. I have been an avid Logitech guy from like 2000 or so, way back when laser mice were the top dog and a big deal and cost like $120 each.

A few years ago, by my own stupidity, I broke off the charging port on one of their wireless keyboards. They just sent me a new one! It was my own fault and they sent me a new one. I just wanted to see if I could get a discount code or B stock or something. Another time I ordered a keyboard that came with a few keys loose from it, and one missing. I just contacted them to see if they could ship me the missing key and I could snap it back on myself. They shipped me a whole new keyboard! Now I have a second backup keyboard that is missing the Caps Lock button, a totally useless button that I have never intentionally used in my life.

Fast forward to now. I have been having issues with a MegaBoom3 UE Boom speaker that I have. It sounds faulty and muddy when the bass kicks in. Contacting customer support about it they just emailed me back and are straight up just shipping me a new one! That is unreal. They just asked for some photos of it and the receipt and stuff, and then just told me "okay we will give you a shipping number soon, we are sending you a new one". That is insane. I don't know if they want the old one back or not, but its 100% functional for "tom petty" style rock music, which I mostly listen to anyways, and audio books.

Absolutely unreal customer service, and they have continually proved why they are the only brand I even bother to look at.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Here is a value skew for you guys.

Anything peripheral computer related I pretty much ONLY look at the Logitech brand. They are unreal. They make good quality products, and if there are any issues they fix it right away.

In fact, they are such a good brand I feel bad even contacting their customer service sometimes. I have been an avid Logitech guy from like 2000 or so, way back when laser mice were the top dog and a big deal and cost like $120 each.

A few years ago, by my own stupidity, I broke off the charging port on one of their wireless keyboards. They just sent me a new one! It was my own fault and they sent me a new one. I just wanted to see if I could get a discount code or B stock or something. Another time I ordered a keyboard that came with a few keys loose from it, and one missing. I just contacted them to see if they could ship me the missing key and I could snap it back on myself. They shipped me a whole new keyboard! Now I have a second backup keyboard that is missing the Caps Lock button, a totally useless button that I have never intentionally used in my life.

Fast forward to now. I have been having issues with a MegaBoom3 UE Boom speaker that I have. It sounds faulty and muddy when the bass kicks in. Contacting customer support about it they just emailed me back and are straight up just shipping me a new one! That is unreal. They just asked for some photos of it and the receipt and stuff, and then just told me "okay we will give you a shipping number soon, we are sending you a new one". That is insane. I don't know if they want the old one back or not, but its 100% functional for "tom petty" style rock music, which I mostly listen to anyways, and audio books.

Absolutely unreal customer service, and they have continually proved why they are the only brand I even bother to look at.
I have a few of them as well!

Hornady reloading equipment. They just replace stuff you break. Just like your story with Logitech.

DeWalt. Their stuff, even when abused, never breaks. The only thing I ever had happen was a battery stopped charging. They sent me two new batteries. I literally toss my dewalt power tools around the garage like they’re hammers or something. They are absolutely incredible what they put up with. If that’s not surprising enough, they almost look new compared to what my father in-law does to his.

Zoom Audio. I normally record my radio show on a Rodecaster Pro 2 interface, but I have some Zoom audio equipment like the H4n and Podtrac P4 as well. I broke a battery door on one of my H4ns and emailed them hoping to buy another one. The guy said he would keep an eye out for it, but since they’re out of production it might take a while. Three months later, a battery door shows up with his business card. Zoom is legit!

Leatherman. I have a Fuse that is 15 years old, still awesome. It led me to buy the MUCH larger Surge. My grandkids will fight over both of them.

Glocks. They’re not the fanciest wiz bang firearm in the world, but they are kind of for those who know. Also indestructible. Stand up to a lot of abuse. Super accurate. Massive aftermarket for holsters and stuff.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
"It’s not that I never got annoyed anymore. In fact, when you’re mindful, you actually feel irritation more keenly. However, once you unburden yourself from the delusion that people are deliberately trying to screw you, it’s easier to stop getting carried away." (Dan Harris, 10% Happier)

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Not sure where to drop this so here goes.

Perusing the webz, I find on IG that @bowtiedbull is my neighbor in Puerto Rico.

Which is cool but also strange; Considering how tight-knit the expat community is, there's a high likelihood that one of my buddies might run this obscure Crypto Anon account but I'll never know lol

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

An incoming Google update they're calling the “helpful content update” that's "part of a broader effort to ensure people see more original, helpful content written by people, for people, in search results."

The idea is to "better reward content where visitors feel they've had a satisfying experience, while content that doesn't meet a visitor's expectations won't perform as well."

I wish Google stopped taking into account backlinks at all and was able to judge purely the content. It would put a lot of spammers out of business but would be great for content creators.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I saw a video on YouTube this morning that was interesting. Once you get past about page 10 on ANY search engine (google, Bing, duckduckgo, yahoo... Didn't see Brave) the results are all the exact same. Page 11, 12, 13, 14.... All show the same thing on every page, and each page is essentially the same. It's all MSN links and wikipedia. Doesn't matter what the search term is.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I saw a video on YouTube this morning that was interesting. Once you get past about page 10 on ANY search engine (google, Bing, duckduckgo, yahoo... Didn't see Brave) the results are all the exact same. Page 11, 12, 13, 14.... All show the same thing on every page, and each page is essentially the same. It's all MSN links and wikipedia. Doesn't matter what the search term is.
Recently, google has been acting really bizarre for me. I've been searching pretty specific things, and the results have been absolute stubs.

Like "IRS building 1940s" - I got like two dozen images and then it said "the rest of the results may not be what you're looking for and have been excluded."

Like...what? The hell...

edit: just did it again and this time it let me click to see more, but last time it literally just stopped with nothing

edit2: okay, yes, I got to "Looks like you've reached the end" in a a couple seconds of scrolling. Seems VERY odd if this is searching the ENTIRE internet.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
These are my fav by far. The ink just flows so nicely. I know, I'm a nerd.

71b8Yscj+QL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

You probably would hate these though, because they are rollerball pens. The ink absolutely smears. But it's not a bug, it's a feature. I like it for drawing and writing quickly, like painting with a pen.

OMG I love these, and I just thought I was crazy.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What do you guys use for pens when writing? I have switched 100% to writing everything down rather than using a computer. My brain works better, I have 0 distraction, and it just feels good.

However, 100% of the pens I have used are trash. They write poor, or they don't last more than a week, or the ink smears, or some sort of BS issue.

I know some of you guys are hardcore writers, any best pen that you swear by?
I love these. I swear they last a year.

Screenshot_20220818-223036_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Thanks Mark, I'm glad you shared with us how you amassed your billionaire fortune.
Lmao how times have changed.

In 2015 he was warning people about scams, in 2022 he's doing the scamming (allegedly)

I used to respect him and Kevin O'Leary, now I won't go near anything they are involved in.

You would think well respected entrepreneurs with hundreds of millions/ billions in assets wouldn't risk their reputation with shady shit, but here we are.

1660858164279.png
View: https://youtu.be/Y_3tkX5SAxA

View: https://youtu.be/7xkgoRkC3pc

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Perusing the webz, I find on IG that @bowtiedbull is my neighbor in Puerto Rico.

Which is cool but also strange; Considering how tight-knit the expat community is, there's a high likelihood that one of my buddies might run this obscure Crypto Anon account but I'll never know lol
That's pretty cool. I preferred their content back on their blog when they were WSP.

The original guys did sell the blog a couple of years back.

I remember @Fox saying he knew the guy that started WallStreetPlayboys

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
My dad died the day before my 20th birthday. He was in the hospital and a coma for like two weeks prior so I didn’t even think to look, but last year, 12 years later, my wife found a birthday card to me, sealed in an envelope. It was from him.

It was awesome. Amazing how long it takes sometimes to go through old boxes. I’m super thankful I found it. He and I were very close. He was a great dad.

You should dig up some old photos of your dad (and granddad and further back if you can) when they were your age.

One of my favorite feelings is seeing people who look exactly like their parents. My two cousins look EXACTLY like their mom. It's like seeing the same life lived out across different generations (in a good way).

It's pretty remarkable to see how much you have in common with the people who came before you.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
DeWalt. Their stuff, even when abused, never breaks. The only thing I ever had happen was a battery stopped charging. They sent me two new batteries. I literally toss my dewalt power tools around the garage like they’re hammers or something. They are absolutely incredible what they put up with. If that’s not surprising enough, they almost look new compared to what my father in-law does to his.

There's a video getting around of DeWalt drill that been in a house fire, completely burnt, and still works :happy: I bought my set just as the world started shutting down with COVID, I thought shit every man worth his salt has a good drill set, never know what I'll need it for if we're locked down forever.. Now I need a new mower and want electric, not sure on DeWalt or Ryobi...

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
There's a video getting around of DeWalt drill that been in a house fire, completely burnt, and still works :happy: I bought my set just as the world started shutting down with COVID, I thought shit every man worth his salt has a good drill set, never know what I'll need it for if we're locked down forever.. Now I need a new mower and want electric, not sure on DeWalt or Ryobi...
I have a ryobi battery one because all my tools are ryobi and the batteries are the same.

Haven’t had a problem with it but my yard is tiny and flat.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Real estate. Scaling up. These guys with these massive portfolios (talking 50 million or more) - are all of them syndicators? Seems like it. Every time I find out or hear about some kid who made it big in real estate, I get really curious and start reading more about them, only to find out - lo and behold - they are running a fund. They are a money manager, not purely a real estate investor.

Anyone wanna chime in on this?

I know, maybe it should be a thread, but this isn't much of value, it's kind of just a random question.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I’m partial to Honda and Stihl small power equipment. I used to like Echo, but the last thing I bought from them sucked.

Haven’t gone electric, but I have heard very good things about the DeWalt trimmers and chainsaws.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Real estate. Scaling up. These guys with these massive portfolios (talking 50 million or more) - are all of them syndicators? Seems like it. Every time I find out or hear about some kid who made it big in real estate, I get really curious and start reading more about them, only to find out - lo and behold - they are running a fund. They are a money manager, not purely a real estate investor.

Anyone wanna chime in on this?

I know, maybe it should be a thread, but this isn't much of value, it's kind of just a random question.
A friend of mine who has to have an $80m+ RE portfolio doesn’t touch anyone else’s money, beyond his brother’s. I always wondered why. With his track record I always felt like he could bring in big money, buy huge and have a lot more equity personally. I even told him I’d help him raise money for this, maybe even start a REIT.

He wants to play his own game, and the older I get, the more I understand it. Sometimes the logical thing to one person isn’t the logical thing to another.

The way I’m wired, I scale. If I had such a beautifully repeatable process and a track record that speaks for itself, I would leverage it and be a multi-billionaire in a few years time. I understand that it takes responsibility to more than myself to accomplish the things I want to accomplish. He doesn’t want to answer to anyone even if it costs him a billion. Neither of us are wrong.

He’s got a great story by the way. His first property was a very rough place in the mega ghetto. He and his brother maxed out their credit cards to pay for closing costs. He also lived there for a while to make his business happen. One of my absolute favorite people.

YanC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Sep 18, 2017
France
A friend of mine who has to have an $80m+ RE portfolio doesn’t touch anyone else’s money, beyond his brother’s. I always wondered why. With his track record I always felt like he could bring in big money, buy huge and have a lot more equity personally. I even told him I’d help him raise money for this, maybe even start a REIT.

He wants to play his own game, and the older I get, the more I understand it. Sometimes the logical thing to one person isn’t the logical thing to another.

The way I’m wired, I scale. If I had such a beautifully repeatable process and a track record that speaks for itself, I would leverage it and be a multi-billionaire in a few years time. I understand that it takes responsibility to more than myself to accomplish the things I want to accomplish. He doesn’t want to answer to anyone even if it costs him a billion. Neither of us are wrong.

He’s got a great story by the way. His first property was a very rough place in the mega ghetto. He and his brother maxed out their credit cards to pay for closing costs. He also lived there for a while to make his business happen. One of my absolute favorite people.
Any chance he would like to share his story on your podcast ? I think it would make for a great episode. As someone who started and runs a small RE business and now struggles to see a path to growth beyond this "one-man-leveraging-his-own-little-capital" stage, which kind of hit a ceiling, I would be particularly interested.

Zyzzz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 12, 2022
Nigeria

An incoming Google update they're calling the “helpful content update” that's "part of a broader effort to ensure people see more original, helpful content written by people, for people, in search results."

The idea is to "better reward content where visitors feel they've had a satisfying experience, while content that doesn't meet a visitor's expectations won't perform as well."

I wish Google stopped taking into account backlinks at all and was able to judge purely the content. It would put a lot of spammers out of business but would be great for content creators.
You own a niche site?

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
"The group says all 70 members of the campaign will refuse to work with Amazon until it complies with labor union demands, including a $30/hour minimum wage, better working conditions, and a halt to any union-busting tactics"

"Amazon is a multibillion-dollar company that has millions of millions of dollars in profit that they use for stock buybacks and dividends," Joshi said. "They have the capability to give people $30 an hour, and they don't."

30 an hour ???? Aren't they a bit delusional ??
Just because Amazon "could" doesn't mean they should.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

That’s exactly why I ask - many people, myself included, don’t want to start an investment fund. They just want to own property and scale that. Not really interested in being a Wall Street REIT or doing syndication marketing (I SUPPOSE like all things my perspective would change the further along I got —). It’s a whole different business. But if that’s the only way to scale it’s important to know from the beginning so you can plan for that and not waste time.
Any chance he would like to share his story on your podcast ? I think it would make for a great episode. As someone who started and runs a small RE business and now struggles to see a path to growth beyond this "one-man-leveraging-his-own-little-capital" stage, which kind of hit a ceiling, I would be particularly interested.
This would be a great guest on your podcast @Kak

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Jesus Christ, if you listen to every self-development podcaster on Spotify, they resolutely declare that they are following their passion, and that the secret to success is that you should do the same... but only if you sign up for their 6-figure training which tells you how to follow your passion just like them, teaching others how to follow their passion.

It's like a big motivational Ponzi scheme where everyone is selling the same circular bullshit... you can follow your passion by teaching others how to follow their passion. It's like the Greater Fool Theory and Ponzi had a love child.
It really is a me bias pandemic. This has got to be one of the biggest hurdles to business success in new entrepreneurs.

It’s not about me and never will be.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!