The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quote of the Day - QOTD

Buickestate

any colour as long as it comes with wood
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 4, 2015
Ontario
12974528_1170299613004709_7649654481826228086_n.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Good ideas are like Nike sports shoes. They may facilitate success for an athlete who possesses them, but on their own they are nothing but an overpriced pair of sneakers. Sports shoes don't win races. Athletes do.

Felix Dennis

sharkas

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Nov 5, 2015
France
Haha, I love this forum. I had a note on Evernote where I put my quotes, here are some of them, and I will add the best of this topic to my list !

« Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. » –Charles Swindoll

91c2d2b32bd1ce4e26a1ed0b8a078160.jpg

"I have suffered many catastrophes in my life. Most of them never happened "- Mark Twain

« Choose not to be harmed—and you won’t feel harmed. Don’t feel harmed—and you haven’t been. ». Marcus Aurelius

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
List of best quotes form Shark Tank.

“I learned that nobody’s better than you at getting your business off the ground. The experience you get is priceless.” — Lori Greiner

“You can always find a solution if you try hard enough.” — Lori Greiner

“Tough times never last; tough people always do.” — Robert Herjavec

“Don’t start a business. Find a problem. Solve a problem. The business comes second.” — Robert Herjavec

“A goal without a timeline is just a dream.” — Robert Herjavec

“An entrepreneur must pitch a potential investor for what the company is worth as well as sell the dream on how much of a profit can be made.” — Daymond John

Learn as many mistakes and what not to do while your business or product is small. Don’t be in such a hurry to grow your brand. Make sure that you and the market can sustain any bumps that may occur down the road.” — Daymond John

“If you can’t come clean and tell investors how and why you failed, that raises a red flag. They need to see that you learned from it and came back stronger.” — Daymond John

“Most people think it’s all about the idea. It’s not. Everyone has ideas. The hard part is doing the homework to know if the idea could work in an industry, then doing the preparation to be able to execute on the idea.” — Mark Cuban

“It’s not whether the glass is half empty or half full, it’s who is pouring the water.” — Mark Cuban

“Follow the green, not the dream.” — Mark Cuban

“Don’t you dare underestimate the power of your own instinct.” — Barbara Corcoran

“I had twenty-two jobs before I started my own business at the age of 23 and I didn’t want one more boss telling me what to do. So I was motivated simply because I didn’t want a boss.” — Barbara Corcoran

The difference between the real winners is how long they take to feel sorry for themselves. My winners feel it… but they come back up and say ‘hit me again.’” — Barbara Corcoran

“I’m not trying to make friends, I’m trying to make money.” –Kevin O’Leary

“Don’t cry about money, it never cries for you!” — Kevin O’Leary

“I actually think being an entrepreneur is a state of mind. If you’re going to be an entrepreneur, my thesis is that you have to sacrifice everything for some period in your life to be successful. You have to be myopic and completely focused and unbalanced in every way. Once you’ve achieved success, you’re free to do whatever you like.” — Kevin O’Leary

germandude

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jan 4, 2016
Europe
No sooner do I start writing this book, for example, than I catch myself wondering whether it will sell a lot of copies, get me on the talk show circuit, make me famous, and lead to other books, movie deals, and invitations to all the best parties.
Sheesh, it’s not even published yet. And yet, right down here on the level of this sentence, I’m hoping that this book will make me a made guy.
I really want to be a made guy, but as long as I dwell on what it’s like to be a made guy, a winner, I can’t concentrate on writing this book—the very thing I’m hoping will make me a made guy in the end. To mix a metaphor most heinously, here at square one I’m looking for pie in the sky.
What in heaven’s name do I do now? I lower my sights. I concentrate on this chapter, this paragraph, this sentence, this phrase, this word.
Why? Because hope of success can kill comedy just as surely as fear of failure. With the rule of nine, we attack our fear of failure. By lowering our sights, we attack our need for success.
- John Vorhaus

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Advice that has changed everything for me:

To hit the top of your game, business or otherwise, you have to eat, live, and shit your thing. If you’re dabbling in 10 different things, your results will be dabbling and unimpressive. Focus on one thing and do it in the most excellent way.

By the one and only @MJ DeMarco.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
On spending money on mentors, self improvement and gurus:

I invest in relationships. Relationships don't cost me money, they make me money.

- jon.a

... I love this, very powerful perspective

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.