The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quick Hustle: How I made $2,000 on Teespring

D

Deleted13722

If you have $5 and one idea for a Tshirt, you are letting an opportunity pass you by. Will this get you out of the rat race? No. Will it give you some startup and rent-paying cash. ABSOLUTELY.

I got started by selling T-Shirts and hoodies online using a site called Teespring (if you havent heard of it you are under a virtual rock). We had a graphic designer create our T-Shirt designs on a site called Fiverr (again, if you arent using Fiverr, you are spinning your wheels!)

For $5, I was able to produce more than 12 profitable T-Shirt campaigns, earning about $2,000 in profit. You have no excuse. Again, here are the resources:

Fiverr - Use this graphic designer to create your T-Shirt designs. He uses photoshop, and will have your order ready in 24 hours. Just be specific about what you want. ( Click here to check him out)

Teespring - Launch a campaign here. Start out with a low number (LIKE 5-10) as your goal until you get a feel for it. Click here to launch your campaign.

Repeat step 1 and 2.

Need proof I actually did this? Here are Tshirts I targeted at African Americans

http://teespring.com/unitedstatesofafrica_archive_1
http://teespring.com/panafricanalliance_archive_1
http://teespring.com/NYAMEYEOHENE_archive_2

Now you have no excuse. Lets see how many of you actually do it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks for sharing your experience and resources, a great illustration in creativity and adding value. Also a great illustration of "HUSTLE!" and just getting started on something w/o needing a job. Sure perhaps not [HASHTAG]#Fastlane[/HASHTAG], but HUSTLE is always apart of a Fastlane.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
teespring + advertising on Facebook = guys doing 6 figures a month

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It is the infamous "t-shirt company" posts that transformed the Reddit/Entrepreneur subreddit into a low-rent cesspool of money chasing strategies.

Now there's Reddit/AdvancedEntreprneurship to counter the shift.

The thread gives me the idea to create a subforum here under "hustles" -- all in all, it sounds like a nice way for someone to get starting in marketing and perhaps make a little cash. I never have a problem with that, but do have a problem with BullShit click bait headlines which now I have reason to suspect.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Awesome thread, I have tried teespring before but have not had any success yet. I will be grinding it out hard to see if I can come up with some results, and scale from there. Seems like a great little hustle.

Just made my first one. Check it out: http://teespring.com/noshaveboston

Combining the trend of No Shave November, with the Boston bruins, and playoff hockey. It may be a stretch, but I created it just to get an idea out there and tested. I'll run like $5-$10 of Facebook ads and see what's up. Not expecting this to go anywhere, but I'll improve on the next one. Thanks for the thread.

What value is there in wearing one of your shirts? Not judging, just asking.

Look at the reddit post I linked. There are a number of messages that shirt is sending--I'm a scientist (reddit right) I'm against the rules (cool for college) I'm aware of scifi and superpowers--they are all part of presenting an image and making conversation.
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
Is this entire thread legit? It doesn't feel like it at all.
So all of a sudden EVERYBODY'S hopping on the idea?
Why?

Selling T-shirts for a quick profit is nothing new,
and print-on-demand's been around a while.
WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL HERE? Why is there buzz about this site?

Why Teespring as opposed to Zazzle or Cafepress or the dozens of other customizable T-shirt companies?
What's the advantage?

You're not taking crazy pills, someone started a thread with a dollar amount and what seems to be a simple event. Everyone thinks they found an easy way to make a couple of grand. No work, no barrier to entry, no risk--results? A bunch of people now found a new shiny object to play with.

I'm sure some will make money, for others it's something to play business with.

D

Deleted13722

Thanks for posting @pledgerar
Was this your first time creating a campaign? Did any of your tees make it to the featured page?
Yes, this was my first swing. None of the shirts made it to the featured page. You must be wondering how I marketed? I used targeted niche forums and Facebook (not ads - which suck - but i joined Facebook groups that matched my target market.) Groups with more than 3,000 people had solid conversion.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Everyone is so interested in how to promote this on facebook. I wouldn't waste my time. I'll point out that big money could be had by promoting a tshirt design on instagram. Find large follower accounts that do sponsored posts. Lots of posts here on the forum recently about how to do this.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
Is this entire thread legit? It doesn't feel like it at all.
So all of a sudden EVERYBODY'S hopping on the idea?
Why?

Selling T-shirts for a quick profit is nothing new,
and print-on-demand's been around a while.
WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL HERE? Why is there buzz about this site?

Why Teespring as opposed to Zazzle or Cafepress or the dozens of other customizable T-shirt companies?
What's the advantage?

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Every year around Christmas I make a few hundred bucks off of my Zazzle shirts:

http://www.zazzle.com/cherrycards/gifts?pg=1&ps=90
http://www.zazzle.com/thesavepoint
and about 2 other stores with different products.

It's not a ton of cash, but I spent a few days creating them a few years ago and they provide a nice little extra cash around christmas without marketing. If I stuck with it and did a shirt a day since then, I'd be making a fulltime living from it, I'm sure.

Stick with ANYTHING long enough and you'll excel.
Most people don't want to so they fail.

Matt33

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Apr 14, 2013
FL
I can attest to Teespring being a great thing for people looking to learn about marketing and make a little cash.
I launched my first campaign last summer at 16 (now seventeen), and ended up being profitable at a nice ROI my first try:

a9bdc39837c1e6c8c301d3f6f6d43bd4.png

Launched a few other profitable campaigns after that and made some decent cash - way more than I did at my shitty minimum wage McDonald's job the summer before. Nothing better than waking up to find out that I'd earned the equivalent of 5 hours worth of putting up with obese sidewalkers while I was asleep, and I'd consider it my first "taste" of the fastlane. Anyways, I've since moved on to greener pastures but would definitely recommend it if you're looking to make some cash and learn about marketing. I'd also recommend checking out affengineer.com (@openminded790) for some tips on Teespring campaigns. Also, if enough of you guys would like me to I can do a small tutorial and give away one of my campaigns (thought process, marketing strategy, design, banners, etc) :).

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
FYI. I removed all the affiliate links yesterday. The fact of the matter is the OP saw an opportunity to make some affiliate cash by sharing a way to make some 'hustle' cash. Something to note... It was 9 months since his last post on this forum and hasn't been seen since Monday.
You're not taking crazy pills, someone started a thread with a dollar amount and what seems to be a simple event. Everyone thinks they found an easy way to make a couple of grand. No work, no barrier to entry, no risk--results? A bunch of people now found a new shiny object to play with.

You can make money on the side doing this. I do view this as a hustle the same as picking up items from auctions and craigslist and reselling. Who knows, maybe the OP was doing a test to see if there was enough interest in a 'how to' product before posting it as a WSO at the WF. After all, it does come across that way ;)

Last edited:

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
You can make money on the side doing this. I do view this as a hustle the same as picking up items from auctions and craigslist and reselling. Who knows, maybe the OP was doing a test to see if there was enough interest in a 'how to' product before posting it as a WSO at the WF. After all, it does come across that way ;)

No doubt there is money in this, but like I said most are treating it as the newest shiniest object to pursue. You most likely have to spend a couple bucks on advertising and testing, which most will not pursue--once it gets tough, or "doesn't work" out of the gate, they'll move on.

Gitrokr

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 17, 2014
I've heard of people doing this. I meant to do this a while back but never got around to doing it.

In the past, I dunno, hour...

Created a teespring campaign.
Created a facebook ad campaign for the week.

Will be a fun / cool little test just to see what happens.

tahowell2

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Apr 1, 2014
As someone who frequents Teespring and sells, some advice: First your design is great and the Boston Bruins fans are a great market to go after (they are very passionate). From my experience though,

1. People don't buy white shirts on teespring. That's just how it is. They want options in other colors not white.

2. You set your campaign length WAY too long. It takes 10-14 days to ship shirts from a successful campaign and so people will be waiting over a month to receive a shirt. They'll be turned off by the 21 day campaign. Week long campaigns are the most optimal.

3. Your description is too long and pushed your actual purchasing button off the initial screen. The customers have to scroll to find the button now to buy the shirt. You're going to lose some sales that way. Keep it short and sweet.

Emanuel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jun 23, 2014
USA
Someone makes a topic like this in order to sell his own shirts, posts affiliate links to make some extra money and he somehow gets over two dozen likes while others with a lot more value in their topics receive little to no attention. They're just t-shirts. Don't get too excited over them.

I'm surprised so many people were "tricked" in believing him. This is a Progress Thread with absolutely no progress in it.

Gitrokr

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 17, 2014
:hurray:

Willing to share your shirt? We want to watch you create something from nothing. :) I understand if you don't feel comfortable sharing.

Sure, haha.

http://teespring.com/catsanta

My Facebook Ad Campaign is "active" but it hasn't "reached" anybody yet.
I drilled down on Christmas, Xmas, Cats, some other christmas related movies and also by online purchases.

I think the estimated reach per day was something like 1,000 or so.
I'm interested to see how the numbers play out.

I could see people purchasing this shirt. But then again, I could totally see people not purchasing. Time will tell.

Bananas

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Sep 1, 2014
Texas
Yes, this was my first swing. None of the shirts made it to the featured page. You must be wondering how I marketed? I used targeted niche forums and Facebook (not ads - which suck - but i joined Facebook groups that matched my target market.) Groups with more than 3,000 people had solid conversion.

Ohhh! And now it gets more interesting! This was your first attempt and you banked a couple thousand...over how long?

Get moving, imagine if you had 50 tees out there. :) Obviously you have good concept ideas and you like the Fiverr person putting them together for you. THINK BIG.

Emanuel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jun 23, 2014
USA
This seems a little suspicious to me. @pledgerar posted an affiliate link several times throughout this topic promoting his fiverr designer and he showed us three of his unsuccessful shirts with only 18 sales. How does that prove the $2000 profit? Apologies if I misinterpreted something.

D

Deleted13722

This seems a little suspicious to me. @pledgerar posted an affiliate link several times throughout this topic promoting his fiverr designer and he showed us three of his unsuccessful shirts with only 18 sales. How does that prove the $2000 profit? Apologies if I misinterpreted something.

- All of those shirts were successful. What are you even talking about? What you are seeing are THE REOPENED CAMPAIGNS! Since these worked so well, I reopened them to keep the ball rolling
- Affiliate link or not, try it for yourself and post your results here. Hell, do it without links. Doubt me all day, but dont doubt the validity of the info

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Awesome thread, I have tried teespring before but have not had any success yet. I will be grinding it out hard to see if I can come up with some results, and scale from there. Seems like a great little hustle.

Just made my first one. Check it out: http://teespring.com/noshaveboston

Combining the trend of No Shave November, with the Boston bruins, and playoff hockey. It may be a stretch, but I created it just to get an idea out there and tested. I'll run like $5-$10 of Facebook ads and see what's up. Not expecting this to go anywhere, but I'll improve on the next one. Thanks for the thread.

Only issue I see with that is...by the time they get their shirt it will be December.

Ashten

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 30, 2014
San Diego, CA
Here they are, had to download them as they didn't even deserve to be saved to my computer. I told him to make a "F*CK ISIS" logo. I told him it will be used on t-shirts, so keep it simple and professional. Maybe incorporate characters into it or whatever he feels would be best to make it stand out. That was a mistake lol.

4xj5Pts.jpg

http://imgur.com/4xj5Pts,XEN4C9h

http://imgur.com/4xj5Pts,XEN4C9h#1

Once I received the first one I told him it was not good and I could've done that myself in about 45 seconds. He proceeds to give me the second one, and I don't understand why he put a map of the whole world on there and marked out AK47's. I have an AK47, I guess i'm ISIS :(. Also, in the first one he didn't even censor it like I specify. There are much better artist on fiverr, if anyone wants, I will link him on here. I've used him for a few eBooks.

Those are GARBAGE designs. Looks like those "quality" designs were made on Windows Paint software. Great idea though! lol

Blhhi

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 23, 2014

This thread should be gold for having that post alone.

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
So his comment lit a massive fire under your a$$ and 8 hours later you quit the forum, because there are too many keyboard warriors in this place?

Coming from the guy who spent 30 bucks on Facebook Ads and knows it's not working.

LMAO

KONIG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Oct 8, 2014
California
Dialing in your most passionate customers seems to be the key. When you create your Add look carefully for the keyword/tag section. Words or phrases relating to your most passionate customers are going to work the best. I had my Adds show on just under 25 thousand computers/smart phones. 53 people viewed the actual product. you have people buying already.

Took your advice and started an ad campaign on FB with $25. Just got another sale right now (15 sales total now) so perhaps it may be working! TeeSpring says profit = $81 right now.

Edit: another sale just popped up, so 16 sales now. FB ad seems to be working. Working slowly...but working haha.

Last edited:

Fotis

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Feb 26, 2014
Not sure if FB has the same mechanism for page likes and ads, but if you haven't watched this video, I encourage EVERYONE who pays FB, to watch it

On the other hand, I am gonna try this teespring thing. I had a great idea reading the post : go to the FB account of the funniest people that I know, find statuses that are funny as hell and try to figure if X status could be made into a t-shirt. I already have a nice idea for Christmas presents, I will post it if I make it ^_^

mt_myke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 25, 2014
Montana
Personally know some. Again, some are spending 5-10K on ads a day so yeah

This should be emphasized. There's a world of difference between $50-$100 a day and $5k-$10k. At my day job the only marketing they do is PPC ads, and it keeps a room full of agents busy handling inbound sales - but they also spend over $2M a year on ads.

Journey2Million$

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jan 3, 2015
I'm jumping into this like a motherfcker. I had no idea TS had people making $100K/mo. I thought it was just some scammy little newcomer. F*ck using this as a "hustle." I'm going into this hard core and I'm gonna make bank with it. This is now going to be my life 24/7. I have plenty of experience in the t-shirt business and been making a living with it, but not huge money. I am kicking myself for not learning about TeeSpring much sooner. Now I can make huge money! F*ck yeah! I'm just saying if I can make money in T-shirts without TeeSpring, I should definitely be able to make a shitload more money with Teespring. DAT SHIT CRAY!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.