The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quick Hustle: How I made $2,000 on Teespring

Bananas

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Sep 1, 2014
Texas
If you have $5 and one idea for a Tshirt, you are letting an opportunity pass you by. Will this get you out of the rat race? No. Will it give you some startup and rent-paying cash. ABSOLUTELY.

I got started by selling T-Shirts and hoodies online using a site called Teespring (if you havent heard of it you are under a virtual rock). We had a graphic designer create our T-Shirt designs on a site called Fiverr (again, if you arent using Fiverr, you are spinning your wheels!)

For $5, I was able to produce more than 12 profitable T-Shirt campaigns, earning about $2,000 in profit. You have no excuse. Again, here are the resources:

Fiverr - Use this graphic designer to create your T-Shirt designs. He uses photoshop, and will have your order ready in 24 hours. Just be specific about what you want. ( Click here to check him out)

Teespring - Launch a campaign here. Start out with a low number (LIKE 5-10) as your goal until you get a feel for it. Click here to launch your campaign.

Repeat step 1 and 2.

Need proof I actually did this? Here are Tshirts I targeted at African Americans

http://teespring.com/unitedstatesofafrica_archive_1
http://teespring.com/panafricanalliance_archive_1
http://teespring.com/NYAMEYEOHENE_archive_2

Now you have no excuse. Lets see how many of you actually do it.

I am actually willing to try this just because I think your post is hilarious. I can make my own graphic, so - just need a funny idea now. Actually they are already coming in as I type.

If I execute, for everyone's amusement, I will post here. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted13722

I am actually willing to try this just because I think your post is hilarious. I can make my own graphic, so - just need a funny idea now. Actually they are already coming in as I type.

If I execute, for everyone's amusement, I will post here. :)
Hell, I might even buy one if they are good enough! If you do your own designs, why are you not selling? Do you have a portfolio floating around? A website?

D

Deleted13722

Ohhh! And now it gets more interesting! This was your first attempt and you banked a couple thousand...over how long?

Get moving, imagine if you had 50 tees out there. :) Obviously you have good concept ideas and you like the Fiverr person putting them together for you. THINK BIG.

Who says I'm not! I just dont want you all "in my lane" lol! I can tell you I currently have 6 sports related shirts and 2 Alcohol related shirts currently selling. 4 have already oversold their goal with about 9 days remaining. Its not fast cash unless you have great designs and a semi-fanatical market. Once you have those two wildcards nailed down, then you can scale up. Im paying my rent this month with my earnings.

justbreathe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 20, 2014
AZ | CA
What's teesprings policy on exclusivity? I've never had a desire to create a t-shirt company, just wondering how long before you can print your own design again.

If your campaign is successful they will relaunch it for you automatically. (From what i've read)
http://teespring.com/faq for more details

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
No. But thats why I suggested you use my design guy here
http://trkur.com/fv/555
He does great work, same day turnaround, and I promised I would send him some business for his great work. Try him out for logo design, tshirt design, whatever design work you need.
http://trkur.com/fv/555

Am I the only one who gets redirected to a spam page from this link?
Something doesn't seem legit with this post. Looks more like promotional links than useful information.

If the designer guy is really on Fiverr, his profile will be like http://www.fiverr.com/his_username

D

Deleted13722

I've heard of people doing this. I meant to do this a while back but never got around to doing it.

In the past, I dunno, hour...

Created a teespring campaign.
Created a facebook ad campaign for the week.

Will be a fun / cool little test just to see what happens.
Repped you up for taking action! Keep this thread alive with your progress!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
What's the advantage of using Teespring, instead of creating a website with your t-shirts and sending people to it with ads?
You don't have to get t-shirts, print custom designs on them, ship them, etc. Basically you make the design, promote it, get paid. Teespring simplifies it to a quick process for the creator while taking their share.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
Am I the only one who gets redirected to a spam page from this link?
Something doesn't seem legit with this post. Looks more like promotional links than useful information.

If the designer guy is really on Fiverr, his profile will be like http://www.fiverr.com/his_username
only you, the op has in error in the url once he fixes it to
trkur.com/fv/555
it will proceed to to the fiverr page

I have no idea what trkur.com is i just checked the webpage and it is entirely blank
the site hit a 2/60 on virustotal (probably for trackers)

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
Ok thanks, that makes sense.
So creating your own website would be mostly better if you're creating a brand with your t-shirts.
Yes, if your interested in pursuing your own clothing brand it's probably a good idea to see if your going to be able to market clothes by using websites like teespring first.

Waisec

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Feb 6, 2014
Estonia
I follow the founder behind the Doyoueven.com on Facebook. I believe he started out in the same way and made his tees and stringers popular through Facebook and memes. Now he mass produces and designs his own gym apparel and supplements.

It can be a hustle, but it could also be turned into something so much more

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
pineapplebrah (owner of doyoueven) is a huge douche. Kind of glad facebook changed there feed algorithms because it messed up his operation big time. He has been known to steal designs, and leave them up when asked to take them down, and he threatens to sue people when they take his designs. Hes got it pretty good, but lacks integrity so I have no respect for him.
aware
he is very much a douche

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Yeah I've seen the few threads on misc which accused him of copying designs. I only followed him to better understand his process, don't like the guy personally
Banned from the misc, don't ever wanna go back.

Dark Water

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Mar 25, 2014
Awesome thread, I have tried teespring before but have not had any success yet. I will be grinding it out hard to see if I can come up with some results, and scale from there. Seems like a great little hustle.

Just made my first one. Check it out: http://teespring.com/noshaveboston

Combining the trend of No Shave November, with the Boston bruins, and playoff hockey. It may be a stretch, but I created it just to get an idea out there and tested. I'll run like $5-$10 of Facebook ads and see what's up. Not expecting this to go anywhere, but I'll improve on the next one. Thanks for the thread.

AlanJ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 15, 2014
Thanks for making this thread, really interesting stuff!

I was just wondering how exactly you promoted your t-shirts on forums and Facebook groups? eg. did you just make a thread saying "check out these cool t-shirts I found?". How actually did you go about it?

Cheers.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
You're not taking crazy pills, someone started a thread with a dollar amount and what seems to be a simple event. Everyone thinks they found an easy way to make a couple of grand. No work, no barrier to entry, no risk--results? A bunch of people now found a new shiny object to play with.

Took the words out of my mouth.

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
This is about one notch above MLM. The people making money are the one's selling info products on how to make $10k a week selling t-shirts.

I'm tempted to start a site of all the shitty designs.
upload_2014-11-6_14-52-9.png

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Why Teespring as opposed to Zazzle or Cafepress or the dozens of other customizable T-shirt companies?
What's the advantage?

I think the Kickstarter style target would create an incentive for everyone who likes your design to share on social media... therefore a good design has a potential to go viral that it wouldn't get with Zazzle or CF.

Charnell

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Sure, haha.

http://teespring.com/catsanta

My Facebook Ad Campaign is "active" but it hasn't "reached" anybody yet.
I drilled down on Christmas, Xmas, Cats, some other christmas related movies and also by online purchases.

I think the estimated reach per day was something like 1,000 or so.
I'm interested to see how the numbers play out.

I could see people purchasing this shirt. But then again, I could totally see people not purchasing. Time will tell.
I just got Facebook slammed with your t-shirt.

http://i.imgur.com/cUZdber.png

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Funny how this thread is now attracting SPAM like shit attracts flies...

Ugh.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
I tried it. Learned how Facebook Adds work, Lost $30 and a couple hours of my time. stats on the adds were 25.000 people reached, 53 actual page hit's. I don't know what a good turn over is. But I assumed it was a fail. lol I liked teespring though. You just Need a great shirt/Have photo shop. And know where the most passionate customers are hiding.

I think my point about people "playing business" is well explained in this " I lost $30 and failed" comment.

Listen people, it takes more than a couple of days and a couple dollars to validate/invalidate an idea.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014

Charnell

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
My tshirt ended up at 20 sales with $120 profit in 14 days total. Tshirt price was $16.50.

I spent about $45 in FB ads and posted it on reddit and thats pretty much it.
I read your comment earlier today, just read it again now and have spent the last 20 minutes searching on /r/entrepreneur for a new teespring post...don't know why the second time I read it I thought your numbers and stuff to reddit. I need some midday coffee.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
There's a world of difference between $50-$100 a day and $5k-$10k.

Actually, you'd be surprised how similar it really is, as an affiliate. It's just about being able to scale, having a better infrastructure that can handle it.
But fundamentally, it's the same offer, you just promoting it to1000s, instead of just 100s.

If you own your own funnel, then yes that's where complications occur, such as the noisy room of sales agents taking inbound calls ....but that's always a good problem to have :) haha

anurag

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
May 6, 2017
In
I tried this 6-7 months ago. But it wasn't one bit successful because I couldn't get the word out effectively. Hell I even made custom ad for this.

I posted ads on facebook groups but I didn't market enough and the groups where I did market it wasn't so much active.

These are the ones I made.
barb tee ad.jpg lion [Recovered]_tee advt.png

Bananas

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Sep 1, 2014
Texas
Hell, I might even buy one if they are good enough! If you do your own designs, why are you not selling? Do you have a portfolio floating around? A website?

I accidentally got good at design when I wrote my first book and needed a cover. Fiverr wasn't out yet. To have a unique book cover was going to cost me a hundred or so, to have a decent looking cover (but one that everyone else can buy as well) with my title and author name slapped on by the seller was going to cost around $30. I struggled a little bit but produced a decent cover in a couple of days, it went from there! So no portfolio, I don't sell this skill.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.