The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quick Hustle: How I made $2,000 on Teespring

Ronnie

Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 18, 2013
New York
I can't run my mouth to someone I've never met. I can't do it. How do you live with yourself posting half witted remarks ONLINE? Your reply stinks of (I didn't even take the time to read the message before making a dumb a$$ comment) I deal with 30-40 Big personality F$&king Assholes 10 hours a day. 6 days a week. Most of them a lot scarier than what I'm seeing rite now!! I deal with Millionaire customers who Assume there wealth has some sort of godliness come along with it. There idiots with a niche. Not ALL just some.
I screwed around a bit with Tee spring. when I wasn't working on something that is much bigger and better. I don't give two F*cks about Tee spring. or anyone on this forum who thinks talking tough on a FORUM is a manly thing. It's an ego boost. Ridiculous! I'm New to the whole computer world. People talking shit over the computer sets me off like you can clearly see. And Unless someone boots me. I'll just absorb the great info. and not comment to much.

Well I hope they are scarier.. this is the internet. Welcome to it.

Asaad

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 15, 2014
Toronto
This sounds like a good idea, i am going to get in on this and brain storm ideas. So far, pumping FB ads seems like the way to go.

KONIG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Oct 8, 2014
California
Yeah, the campaign only needed 10 shirts to go into production.

However the campaign just got suspended right now, even though it had already finished and "gone into production" as of today. The tshirt has no copyrighted material on it at all. The title of the tshirt did have the word Mazda in it though so I am not sure if that caused them to suspend it. Oops!

Avus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jun 18, 2013
Yes, this was my first swing. None of the shirts made it to the featured page. You must be wondering how I marketed? I used targeted niche forums and Facebook (not ads - which suck - but i joined Facebook groups that matched my target market.) Groups with more than 3,000 people had solid conversion.

Very interesting idea. I think I am going to try this.

BradJ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Dec 21, 2014
Yeah, the campaign only needed 10 shirts to go into production.

However the campaign just got suspended right now, even though it had already finished and "gone into production" as of today. The tshirt has no copyrighted material on it at all. The title of the tshirt did have the word Mazda in it though so I am not sure if that caused them to suspend it. Oops!

So how did this turn out? Did they unsuspend your shirt? did you get paid?

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
I might just give this a shot.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling

Discourse

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 1, 2014
Every year around Christmas I make a few hundred bucks off of my Zazzle shirts:

http://www.zazzle.com/cherrycards/gifts?pg=1&ps=90
http://www.zazzle.com/thesavepoint
and about 2 other stores with different products.

It's not a ton of cash, but I spent a few days creating them a few years ago and they provide a nice little extra cash around christmas without marketing. If I stuck with it and did a shirt a day since then, I'd be making a fulltime living from it, I'm sure.

Stick with ANYTHING long enough and you'll excel.
Most people don't want to so they fail.

How do you market on Zazzle? Is it the same thing as Tee Spring (FB, twitter, reddit)
Or does Zazzle market it too for you? (on their website/visitors).

teabag

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jun 21, 2013
Australia
This looks like a lot of fun...

Is facebook advertising + teespring campaign the best course of action?

pgtownsyou

Forge Ahead
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Oct 29, 2013
Minnesota
Who's making the real big bucks behind all of this? The owners of Teespring of course. Go big or go home, let's make the next Teespring! Who's in?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Journey2Million$

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jan 3, 2015
There's already a bunch of new t-shirt companies with the same business model as Teespring, including ones in Europe.
Plus there's a lot of other new t-shirt fulfillment companies with different business models. It's hard to even keep up with them all and know what each one is all about and whether they're worth dealing with.

I remember the original reason I rejected Teespring was because their web site front page was misleading. It made it seem like Teespring was all about printing shirts for various groups of people such as charities and sports teams, so I thought it wasn't for me. That gave me no idea of what Teespring users were really doing, basically bombing the shit out of facebook users. Haha.

mnoor

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 2, 2017
Canada
I've heard of people doing this. I meant to do this a while back but never got around to doing it.

In the past, I dunno, hour...

Created a teespring campaign.
Created a facebook ad campaign for the week.

Will be a fun / cool little test just to see what happens.

any update?

hayden0001

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jul 23, 2016
If you have $5 and one idea for a Tshirt, you are letting an opportunity pass you by. Will this get you out of the rat race? No. Will it give you some startup and rent-paying cash. ABSOLUTELY.

I got started by selling T-Shirts and hoodies online using a site called Teespring (if you havent heard of it you are under a virtual rock). We had a graphic designer create our T-Shirt designs on a site called Fiverr (again, if you arent using Fiverr, you are spinning your wheels!)

For $5, I was able to produce more than 12 profitable T-Shirt campaigns, earning about $2,000 in profit. You have no excuse. Again, here are the resources:

Fiverr - Use this graphic designer to create your T-Shirt designs. He uses photoshop, and will have your order ready in 24 hours. Just be specific about what you want. ( Click here to check him out)

Teespring - Launch a campaign here. Start out with a low number (LIKE 5-10) as your goal until you get a feel for it. Click here to launch your campaign.

Repeat step 1 and 2.

Need proof I actually did this? Here are Tshirts I targeted at African Americans

The United States of Africa Perfect Tee
Limited Edition Pan-African Tees!
Kemet Meets West Africa!

Now you have no excuse. Lets see how many of you actually do it.

Hi

super idea

What's the out lay cost?

thanks

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I wonder if this Teespring model still works, or has it been done to death? This was big during the 2014 era but seems to have died out in early 2016.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
This year I tried some shirts at different pod shops.
The margins are small.
I think there is no big money in a me too business. May be excelent execution and much work will bring a income.
But imo no easy money as it was.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.