The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quick Hustle: How I made $2,000 on Teespring

D

Deleted13722

What's teesprings policy on exclusivity? I've never had a desire to create a t-shirt company, just wondering how long before you can print your own design again.

You cant scrape someone elses designs, and if it has been sold on Teespring before under another account, they wont let it fly. As long as you arent being scummy by copying someone elses designs, you should be fine

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted13722

I have a quick question: I have an idea that for a T-Shirt that has possibilities, but I would have to make the words and the image personalized on each shirt... Does Teespring have the capabilities for that? Hopefully user inputed text and image.

Also, is it possible to upload your own font for shirts? :)
No. But thats why I suggested you use my design guy here
http://trkur.com/fv/555
He does great work, same day turnaround, and I promised I would send him some business for his great work. Try him out for logo design, tshirt design, whatever design work you need.
http://trkur.com/fv/555

Last edited by a moderator:

Bananas

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Sep 1, 2014
Texas
I've heard of people doing this. I meant to do this a while back but never got around to doing it.

In the past, I dunno, hour...

Created a teespring campaign.
Created a facebook ad campaign for the week.

Will be a fun / cool little test just to see what happens.

:hurray:

Willing to share your shirt? We want to watch you create something from nothing. :) I understand if you don't feel comfortable sharing.

Gitrokr

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 17, 2014
How much does Teespring charge you for printing/shipping the shirts?
No charge to you. They deal with everything, you just put up a design, promote it and you get a slice of the pie if it sells.

mt_myke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 25, 2014
Montana
Update: Teespring ads are following me around all over the place haha

Same, after viewing the shirts I now get them as ads on this site, as well as others. Is this something Teespring does? What's the proper name for this?

Deon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 19, 2011
Miami, FL
What's the advantage of using Teespring, instead of creating a website with your t-shirts and sending people to it with ads?

D

Deleted13722

How much does Teespring charge you for printing/shipping the shirts?
Nothin, they just take it out of the funds at the end. You dont really see the money and they dont tell you how much they take. Try it out for yourself and you will see what we mean teespring.com

Last edited by a moderator:

CFLRider

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Oct 27, 2014
Albany, NY
If you have $5 and one idea for a Tshirt, you are letting an opportunity pass you by. Will this get you out of the rat race? No. Will it give you some startup and rent-paying cash. ABSOLUTELY.

I got started by selling T-Shirts and hoodies online using a site called Teespring (if you havent heard of it you are under a virtual rock). We had a graphic designer create our T-Shirt designs on a site called Fiverr (again, if you arent using Fiverr, you are spinning your wheels!)

For $5, I was able to produce more than 12 profitable T-Shirt campaigns, earning about $2,000 in profit. You have no excuse. Again, here are the resources:

Fiverr - Use this graphic designer to create your T-Shirt designs. He uses photoshop, and will have your order ready in 24 hours. Just be specific about what you want. ( Click here to check him out)

Teespring - Launch a campaign here. Start out with a low number (LIKE 5-10) as your goal until you get a feel for it. Click here to launch your campaign.

Repeat step 1 and 2.

Need proof I actually did this? Here are Tshirts I targeted at African Americans

http://teespring.com/unitedstatesofafrica_archive_1
http://teespring.com/panafricanalliance_archive_1
http://teespring.com/NYAMEYEOHENE_archive_2

Now you have no excuse. Lets see how many of you actually do it.

I love your idea, and think its awesome that you shared it with everyone. I hate to be negative, but I'm just curious, you said you made $2000 but I clicked on your examples and it says you sold like 9 shirts.. What am I missing? I'm sure theres an explanation. I mean you wouldn't have offered proof if you were bullshittin.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
I just submitted an order to the guy OP linked on fiverr. Will give you all feedback on him tomorrow when I get the design back.

D

Deleted13722

I just submitted an order to the guy OP linked on fiverr. Will give you all feedback on him tomorrow when I get the design back.
If you shop around and find someone better, please let us all know! Doesnt have to be my guy. I want people to take action, regardless of who they go with. Please keep us updated!

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013
I follow the founder behind the Doyoueven.com on Facebook. I believe he started out in the same way and made his tees and stringers popular through Facebook and memes. Now he mass produces and designs his own gym apparel and supplements.

It can be a hustle, but it could also be turned into something so much more

pineapplebrah (owner of doyoueven) is a huge douche. Kind of glad facebook changed there feed algorithms because it messed up his operation big time. He has been known to steal designs, and leave them up when asked to take them down, and he threatens to sue people when they take his designs. Hes got it pretty good, but lacks integrity so I have no respect for him.

Waisec

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Feb 6, 2014
Estonia
pineapplebrah (owner of doyoueven) is a huge douche. Kind of glad facebook changed there feed algorithms because it messed up his operation big time. He has been known to steal designs, and leave them up when asked to take them down, and he threatens to sue people when they take his designs. Hes got it pretty good, but lacks integrity so I have no respect for him.
Yeah I've seen the few threads on misc which accused him of copying designs. I only followed him to better understand his process, don't like the guy personally

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
can you post the design?
Here they are, had to download them as they didn't even deserve to be saved to my computer. I told him to make a "F*CK ISIS" logo. I told him it will be used on t-shirts, so keep it simple and professional. Maybe incorporate characters into it or whatever he feels would be best to make it stand out. That was a mistake lol.

4xj5Pts.jpg

http://imgur.com/4xj5Pts,XEN4C9h

http://imgur.com/4xj5Pts,XEN4C9h#1

Once I received the first one I told him it was not good and I could've done that myself in about 45 seconds. He proceeds to give me the second one, and I don't understand why he put a map of the whole world on there and marked out AK47's. I have an AK47, I guess i'm ISIS :(. Also, in the first one he didn't even censor it like I specify. There are much better artist on fiverr, if anyone wants, I will link him on here. I've used him for a few eBooks.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Here they are, had to download them as they didn't even deserve to be saved to my computer. I told him to make a "F*CK ISIS" logo. I told him it will be used on t-shirts, so keep it simple and professional. Maybe incorporate characters into it or whatever he feels would be best to make it stand out. That was a mistake lol.

4xj5Pts.jpg

Once I received the first one I told him it was not good and I could've done that myself in about 45 seconds. He proceeds to give me the second one, and I don't understand why he put a map of the whole world on there and marked out AK47's. I have an AK47, I guess i'm ISIS :(. Also, in the first one he didn't even censor it like I specify. There are much better artist on fiverr, if anyone wants, I will link him on here. I've used him for a few eBooks.
Slim couldn't even get the font and the flag to match colors. I guess you get what you pay for...

D

DeletedUser394

Someone makes a topic like this in order to sell his own shirts, posts affiliate links to make some extra money and he somehow gets over two dozen likes while others with a lot more value in their topics receive little to no attention. They're just t-shirts. Don't get too excited over them.

I'm surprised so many people were "tricked" in believing him. This is a Progress Thread with absolutely no progress in it.

Correct again.

Rep+

He also falsely claimed to have successful 'reprints' and posted 3 links, none of which made it to reprint, and one of which was even a first time offering which sold only 1 shirt haha.

D

DeletedUser394

4xj5Pts.jpg

that first one is hilarious hahahahahah holy crap.

PopEmersen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 2, 2011
Atlanta, GA, US
really just an experiment for me, so far I've only gotten one sale from about 112 USD in FB ads and 1 that looks to be sold organically.

Rinzler

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
May 21, 2014
Northern California
When the Giants won the world series I made a design the following morning and had it on Teespring with a Facebook Ad running and made 1 conversion in less than 30 minutes. The campaign got taken off due to "copyright" (Even though I didn't use any official logos, just the colors) but this goes to show how powerful Facebook can be for your Teespring Campaign. I have another design I worked on for the video gaming niche, but it's not doing too hot since I haven't thought of joining pages yet!

Shdreams

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 16, 2014
Ontario
I tried it. Learned how Facebook Adds work, Lost $30 and a couple hours of my time. stats on the adds were 25.000 people reached, 53 actual page hit's. I don't know what a good turn over is. But I assumed it was a fail. lol I liked teespring though. You just Need a great shirt/Have photo shop. And know where the most passionate customers are hiding.

Shdreams

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 16, 2014
Ontario
I think my point about people "playing business" is well explained in this " I lost $30 and failed" comment.
I don't want to sell T-shirts for a living. I want to learn how internet marketing works. I want to stretch my ability to grind at a god damn computer all day on a Sunday every night reading MJ's book and researching until 1 AM. chatting with website designers,manufacturers, Tax lawyer. Without going outside and smashing my Lap top. Your ego driven comment lit a massive fire under my A$$. While you sleep tonight think of me grinding and chipping away at my own success....

Ronnie

Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 18, 2013
New York
To many keyboard warriors in this place for me. It's been fun take care!

You've found the name of your internet marketing website and brand when you make it "huge."

"The Keyboard Warriors - How to Validate a Business Idea with $30 & Facebook Advertising"

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.