I have a question for people who have developed & imported their own products to sell.
My wife and I thought of a product to make & sell after attending a conference in upstate NY this week. The product alters a common smart phone accessory to improve the user-experience for people who suffer from various cognitive disabilities. It could be anything from dyslexia, to stress, to migraines.
We contacted someone who has huge connections with an international agency that deals with one of the more common learning disabilities in the world. She believes that the idea has merit and she wants to bring it to the institute to get backing, setup distribution, and work out a wholesale deal, but she's worried about how we can protect the idea from being stolen by someone within the organization.
I think that we found a product with huge market potential. There is nothing like this out there and I see amazing branding potential in the future.
My goal is to get the institute to agree to buy x number of units from us after we get some samples in. I think that we can get them to foot the bill for our first order.
So how should I proceed as far as protecting the idea before we present it to them? Manufacturing will be somewhat tricky, so that's a small barrier, but it can be figured out. Is there anything that I can do?
My wife and I thought of a product to make & sell after attending a conference in upstate NY this week. The product alters a common smart phone accessory to improve the user-experience for people who suffer from various cognitive disabilities. It could be anything from dyslexia, to stress, to migraines.
We contacted someone who has huge connections with an international agency that deals with one of the more common learning disabilities in the world. She believes that the idea has merit and she wants to bring it to the institute to get backing, setup distribution, and work out a wholesale deal, but she's worried about how we can protect the idea from being stolen by someone within the organization.
I think that we found a product with huge market potential. There is nothing like this out there and I see amazing branding potential in the future.
My goal is to get the institute to agree to buy x number of units from us after we get some samples in. I think that we can get them to foot the bill for our first order.
So how should I proceed as far as protecting the idea before we present it to them? Manufacturing will be somewhat tricky, so that's a small barrier, but it can be figured out. Is there anything that I can do?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
