The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do you think about protecting a product idea?

Idea threads

abandance

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Mar 25, 2019
Hello,

"I have an idea, but I need you to sign my NDA first..." - yes, I know this one. And it is not about that or is it? I have discovered the need and a great solution to provide value. This solution is an existing product, which is unknown in my country and even my region. However, as soon as I show it to others and those others understand that this is a good solution for an existing need, they will potentially copy the product.

The idea is to market this product through a crowd funding campaign, a good entertaining video shortly explaining the benefits of the product and how customer's life will become easier using it. So even when a entrepreneurial individual is familiar with the product but have not recognized its potential, this video will definitely do the work.

What is your take on this topic? Should I ignore the risks of being copied and just provide excellence in implementation?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I refer to the Lean Startup (book/methodology) every time someone brings this up.

Without knowing that your ideas is, I can only say this: Ideas aren't shit 99.9999% of the time. Your advantage as a startup is NOT ever about your idea, it's your ability to be lean in your execution, pivot when needed, and learn more from your customers than the bigger companies. Larger companies cannot do that and most people you're afraid to tell will not execute it.

I repeat: NOBODY cares about your idea.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.