The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Promo without paid ads

Marigold

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 15, 2018
Glasgow & Malaga
If you launched a business and you were unable to do any paid adverts on google or social media, how would you get the word out?

I've got a referral program in place and post 1-2x per day on Twitter and Insta. (Feels like shouting into the void.)

I'm wondering if paid promo of big accounts might be the way to go.

What other ideas do you have for how to promote without using social media advertising?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
who is looking to buy your product?
where do they hang out?
go there, and hang out. provide value. sell. profit. Rinse and repeat as needed.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
for example, let's say that you've created a new and awesome spatula... saves time, saves burnt spaghetti (I know, stupid idea, but hear me out)

your target audience is people that : A: don't have a lot of time, and B: burn their spaghetti on a regular basis.

where do you think you'll find these people? on Instagram? or at a restaurant, working in the back, making spaghetti?

if you try selling these at Walmart, your target audience probably doesn't have the time to find it (or they are shopping online right now, who are we kidding)

if you go into each restaurant and sell them, you might sell one to every 2nd restaurant that you go to. spending hours selling things.

If you can go to a restaurant convention and sell to the owners of franchises, you might just be in the best place possible, and can sell 100's of units in a few hours, without a problem, because you will save franchise owners big dollars over the next few days/weeks by not burning spaghetti and having customers become unhappy.

Marigold

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 15, 2018
Glasgow & Malaga
who is looking to buy your product?
where do they hang out?
go there, and hang out. provide value. sell. profit. Rinse and repeat as needed.
Thanks. I'm kind of already doing that. They're mostly hanging out on Twitter and Reddit.

Keith15203

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Jan 19, 2021
Virginia
For a lot of people, seeing something in action might tend to have more of an impact. It would help them visualize themselves using it.

Could you make one or more short videos of you (or someone else) using the product and post it on Twitter/Reddit? Something engaging and lighthearted, not a sales pitch. Facebook and Reddit seem to be filled with those kinds of videos, so I image people do like that content. I don't use twitter much, so I can't speak to that platform. Combining the videos with the posts you are making, it might help you get more traffic. At the very least, if your video get views and shares it will increase you exposure.

I'm not a marketing expert, especially in social media, so take the above with a grain of salt. And I admit it doesn't work for every type of product.

Good Luck!

Marigold

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 15, 2018
Glasgow & Malaga
For a lot of people, seeing something in action might tend to have more of an impact. It would help them visualize themselves using it.

Could you make one or more short videos of you (or someone else) using the product and post it on Twitter/Reddit? Something engaging and lighthearted, not a sales pitch. Facebook and Reddit seem to be filled with those kinds of videos, so I image people do like that content. I don't use twitter much, so I can't speak to that platform. Combining the videos with the posts you are making, it might help you get more traffic. At the very least, if your video get views and shares it will increase you exposure.

I'm not a marketing expert, especially in social media, so take the above with a grain of salt. And I admit it doesn't work for every type of product.

Good Luck!
Thanks, that's helpful. I might have to consider a YouTube channel or podcast.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Joint ventures. Check Jay Abraham's work.

Keith15203

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Jan 19, 2021
Virginia
Thanks, that's helpful. I might have to consider a YouTube channel or podcast.
I'm not sure what your product or audience are, but you could also consider Tiktok, Rumble, and other new/edgy social media as well.

I have heard there is a product called Hootsuite that centralizes management of social media and lets you send content to multiple apps from one interface. If you use something like that, it could be helpful to unify you message and distribution.

Marigold

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 15, 2018
Glasgow & Malaga
I'm not sure what your product or audience are, but you could also consider Tiktok, Rumble, and other new/edgy social media as well.

I have heard there is a product called Hootsuite that centralizes management of social media and lets you send content to multiple apps from one interface. If you use something like that, it could be helpful to unify you message and distribution.
Yes, they're also on TikTok. I joined of course but I need to up my game there. Thanks

devidel

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Feb 15, 2021
If you launched a business and you were unable to do any paid adverts on google or social media, how would you get the word out?

I've got a referral program in place and post 1-2x per day on Twitter and Insta. (Feels like shouting into the void.)

I'm wondering if paid promo of big accounts might be the way to go.

What other ideas do you have for how to promote without using social media advertising?
These are the methods you can promote your business to acquire new leads:
1. newsletter Promotions:- MailCheat(Chimp) - Free. - Create a List and Send Simple Newsletters
2. Be Active on Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok - Use Hashtags, Use Canva [Free] to Create Graphics.
3. Quora:- Find Questions and Write Answers related to your business. Add disclaimers.
4. LinkedIn:-Search and Find decision-makers of the targeted audience, Connect them with a message.
5. CraigsList: Submit 1 Post every day, explain all the about your product and services.
6. Classified Ads:- Create an ad copy and post at least 50 ad posts on local classified sites.
7. Reddit: Get involved in the ongoing discussions. Share your experience and story.
8. SEO Things: Improve your website, at least do On-Page optimisation and target long keywords. Helps.
9. Group Marketing: Use Facebook & LinkedIn Groups - Discuss the niche problems and your services
10. Coupon/Giveaway Marketing:- Create some coupons or Giveaway offers and submit the deals on aggregator sites.

Hope, this helps!
Cheers!

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.