The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Progress Thread- How bad do I want it?

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
Hey everyone, so from now on I will post my progress here a minimum of 2 times per week. I am at the point of ordering my products to send them to the warehouse of Amazon in the US. I want to be launched on 16.10.2020.

If it's that day and I still haven't launched, I will share a facebook post and explain people why I am lazy.

Anyone who wants to join me on this journey?? My goal is to work 2 hours SHARP on my business each and every single day (more on weekends, obviously)

Let's commit to mastery and make our dreams come true!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
MID WEEK UPDATE WITH EXCITING NEWS!!!!

AMAZON FINALLY OPENED MY ACCOUNT!!!!! on the moment when I decided to invest all my money in POD.... :D

I got 3 samples of my POD products and they are amazing, I'm in love.
I also recreated the site, optimized copy and theme, it looks legit now.

SO, now is the question.... Amazon or POD.......

or both......

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
Do you currently have a product ready to go for Amazon?

We're talking business here not dating.
Monogamy is the way to go.
I have my product ready. It would have been great to launch it a couple of months ago but there’s still potential. People who are on the first page have all the same and there are thousand things can be improved.
About monogomy, I agree.... unless I’d be polyamorous?! (Not polygamy!)
I’d feel so bad to let go of my Shopify Store now... but certainly I cannot afford both Amazon and Shopify’s ad expenses. What would you do? (Actually what do you do? is also a question I’m wondering :D)
I’ll use MJ’s decision matrix to make this decision, as I need to do it FAST!! I’ll update here latest in the weekend

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
I'd do the easiest one because I'm lazy.
Or the one I'm most motivated to do because it won't seem like a grind, and that's usually the one that's the most lucrative because I'm also greedy.

Which one can you get to market by the 16th?
Which one will get you out of bed in the morning eager to work?
Which one could you see yourself doing for the rest of your life?

As for me, my fast food empire plans are shelved for the foreseeable future, which isn't bad because I was getting fat product testing every day. That's not entirely true because I still eat it most days, one the perks of being married to the chef.
In the meantime I've started a very slowlane hustle, it breaks every CENTS commandment but I love it, I didn't sleep on Tuesday night because I was so engrossed in some calculations for a discovery I made.

Now back to you.
Choose the one you don't have to rationalize.
In other words, look for reasons NOT to do one or the other rather than convince yourself which is the right one to do.
The one that has the fewest reasons wins in my book.

Who am I kidding? I'd go with the one I like.

It's hell being Libra isn't it.

I feel you.....

Your slowlane hustle sounds like something really inspires you, that's perfect! Feel free to share more if you like ^^

Honestly I feel extremely motivated for both, so I'll keep going with both :D

Last edited:

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
Weekly Update!

This week's goals were:
THIS WEEK:
  1. MASTER FB ADS. Watch 10 more videos and decide on an ad strategy.
  2. Buy an Instagram account for my brand and start posting there and in facebook page
  3. Make the store ready to run ads: meaning, checkout experience, how it looks etc.
  4. Find 2 possible influencers to send products.

I mastered FB ads (kind of), and made my store ready to run ads.
I didn't buy an Instagram account (and at this point, I'm glad I haven't) or find influencers. I was too busy planning Q4 and deciding which way to choose (Amazon or POD)

The conclusion I've come is, after doing the decision matrix of MJ, the winner was DOING BOTH.

I have to wait until Friday to get a new sample (Chinese holiday). I need it because they developed an upgrade to my product (which NOBODY has atm on amazon). And after that I'll have to wait again 10-15 days minimum for my product to reach Amazon warehouse. Of course, I could decide to use this time on working on the marketing of my product, however, at this point I think another stream of income wouldn't hurt and I just want to try my chance with the Shopify store cause I trust on my knowledge on my niche.

This means, that,
no socializing, no social media wasting time, no nothing for me for the next 3 months (at least.)

I made a plan for the whole quarter but will keep checking and updating every 2 weeks, as things can change very past.

THIS WEEK'S TOP 3:
1. Run €300 worth of ads on Shopify page, then analyze
2. Hire the designer for the packaging of my product for amazon & get new sample
3. Create social media channels for both and start sharing

Oh, it feels so good to be extremely busy. Goal is to spend sharp 4 hours every day, 2 hours per Amazon and 2 per Shopify. I'll update here on Wednesday!

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
Just curious,
Do you do anything on side to spend on this venture?

One of principles from my mentors(2 with same advice) is
Invest time before money

Hey suryapratap!
Yeeees of course I do! I was working at digital marketing, until I wasn't (company changes) and I saved some money. Not a lot, but for me, it's much wiser to invest in something that can grow, other than to buy toys.

Now I'm looking for another job in marketing as well, I need $$$ to water my money tree, until it grows $ itself :smile2:

About time, I invested a lot... I've been learning almost for a year now, and by learning I mean, really really focused

Last edited:

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
It's driving me bonkers now, haven't been making enough money, tiny pivot tomorrow.
PS don't ask what it is, I feel embarrassed doing it.
Although if it doesn't work I may have to descend into freelancing or worse still a job.

Go for both if that's what you want. It'll make for interesting updates.

You seem really well organised.

Is your ascendant Virgo? LOL
Lolllllll! It's Scorpio :D
About your work: don't be worried about failure. It's the first step of success!

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
Mid week update:

Things done:
  • I created insta & FB accounts for both my Amazon and Shopify brands and started sharing. I have already 30+ posts ready to share, I just need to focus on copy and provide value, + follow proper influencers.
  • Shopify ads: I decided to try out an Instagram influencer first, and I've been working on the ad creative. It's so crazy that, each step of this process requires me to learn something new every day. Whenever I say: oh ok, now I know how to do this >>> it's actually the first moment I'm learning how to master it.
  • Amazon: I decided on a designer and inspector. I'm waiting for my supplier to send me the box measurements, and then I'll send them directly to my designer. I just need to update the text of the product, which I'll do today.

These weeks are super crazy, sometimes feels like I'm not doing enough progress as I'd like, but I think it's a good thing.
I'm determined to seeing results ASAP!

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
Allllllright another late week update!

Last week's top 3 were:
THIS WEEK'S TOP 3:
1. Run €300 worth of ads on Shopify page, then analyze
2. Hire the designer for the packaging of my product for amazon & get new sample
3. Create social media channels for both and start sharing

I didn't run any ads. Turns out Facebook ads are more complex than I thought and I don't want to throw away money if I cannot back it up. Actually what happened is: I got a new sample for my product for Amazon (IT'S AMAZING!!!) and air shipping is going to cost me some, and then I won't have so much left. So I decided to save that $$$ for my launch.
HOWEVER! I'm not gonna let my beautiful Shopify store die in front of my eyes! I talked with one Instagram page that I think has my dream customers, and I got a good deal for a post + story swipe up deal. I created an account and started sharing, I am just waiting to have a little more followers (currently I have 2 lol) until I advertise on that page. Will I never run facebook ads? I may! But I will only do it after I'm sure that I have enough money to invest on my Amazon product, which means I have to wait a little.

Amazon product updates: I will make the payment probably tomorrow. I'm SOOOOO EXCITED and I really trust my supplier. I prepared the brief for the package design, decided on the designer and waiting for the package dimensions from the supplier to send to the designer.
Also I'm having interviews like every day so soon I should have a full time job (meaning, not much time any more, but more cash to invest)
This week will be a little chill, since I have my birthday =) But things I'm focusing are:

1. MAKE THE PAYMENT AND START PRODUCTION.
2. Research about 3rd party options.
3. Share something once in every 2 days on Instagram and gain some followers, so that I can give the ad next week.

Does anyone have suggestions about insta account growth?

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
Hi forum!

I kind of forgot to update my progress here but I was still very productive.
So far, things that have changed:
1. I am 26 years old now..... not ''early'' 20s anymore.... kind of old :p
2. My product is being produced and should be ready this week!
3. I made all the arrangements (freight forwarder, 3rd party logistics, inspector...) so that everything will run somewhat smoothly.

At the moment I am focused on having an absolutely incredible launch.

My focus this week will be getting as many people in my e-mail list as I can.

So I will:
1. Create e-mail sequences for around a month
2. Get minimum of 30 people to the list by sharing the lead magnet
3. Continue sharing content on Instagram and facebook and interact daily with influencers in my niche

I am sooooo ready to launch!!

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
Hi forum!

I kind of forgot to update my progress here but I was still very productive.
So far, things that have changed:
1. I am 26 years old now..... not ''early'' 20s anymore.... kind of old :p
2. My product is being produced and should be ready this week!
3. I made all the arrangements (freight forwarder, 3rd party logistics, inspector...) so that everything will run somewhat smoothly.

At the moment I am focused on having an absolutely incredible launch.

My focus this week will be getting as many people in my e-mail list as I can.

So I will:
1. Create e-mail sequences for around a month
2. Get minimum of 30 people to the list by sharing the lead magnet
3. Continue sharing content on Instagram and facebook and interact daily with influencers in my niche

I am sooooo ready to launch!!
Hey, I think we're ready to update our Amazon venture.
Whaddaya say?

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
Dear Forum,

Soooooooo sorry for disappearing for such a long time. I attended 2 of Tony Robbins's events which have been intense, and made me requestion and redesign my whole life and that's why I've been out.

Good news: MY PRODUCT IS ONLINE!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS DAY HAS COME :D After A YEAR of hard work, it surely has. From now on I have zero doubt that I will succeed.
I came to Turkey to spend the lockdown times with my family, and I'm currently on the search for a second product to supply it from here. This will make everything much easier (communication with supplier, sample order, bargaining...)
I have decided to post my progress once a month. This is more realistic and helpful to me. For 2021, I haven't set up year goals, in this different times. Instead I set quarter goals. My goal for this quarter is to sell out all my stock (500 units) and decide for my new product. Let's go!

WellWallet

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Mar 6, 2019
Dear Forum,

Soooooooo sorry for disappearing for such a long time. I attended 2 of Tony Robbins's events which have been intense, and made me requestion and redesign my whole life and that's why I've been out.

Good news: MY PRODUCT IS ONLINE!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS DAY HAS COME :D After A YEAR of hard work, it surely has. From now on I have zero doubt that I will succeed.
I came to Turkey to spend the lockdown times with my family, and I'm currently on the search for a second product to supply it from here. This will make everything much easier (communication with supplier, sample order, bargaining...)
I have decided to post my progress once a month. This is more realistic and helpful to me. For 2021, I haven't set up year goals, in this different times. Instead I set quarter goals. My goal for this quarter is to sell out all my stock (500 units) and decide for my new product. Let's go!
This is AWESOME!!!! Huge congrats to you!!!! (Can you share the link to the product? Not sure if there are forum posting rules against that...)
Cheering you on for 2021!!!

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
This is AWESOME!!!! Huge congrats to you!!!! (Can you share the link to the product? Not sure if there are forum posting rules against that...)
Cheering you on for 2021!!!
Thank you sooooo much!!! I'm soooo happy too :)

At the moment I'll keep the product to myself. Will gladly share when it becomes a big brand! ^^

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
*Lessons*

Dear Forum and everyone who's following my progress!

As I've been reading UNSCRIPTED right now, I realized that I forgot one important thing: to document my mistakes aka lessons here so that others can learn. So here are a couple:
  • When I was ordering my first order from the supplier, I put a free gift inside that's related to Christmas, HOPING that my products would reach the warehouse before xmas and I'd sell out till then. What I *ignored* to think of are:
  1. Never do anything in place of ''hope'' in business, and always be ready for the worst-case scenario.
  2. Even if my products would have reached the warehouse before xmas, I ordered 500 so I expected to sell 500 units with a product of 0 reviews in 2-3 weeks! Good dreams! But hasn't worked. Lesson: do not go from ONLY a place of enthusiasm and passion, and take DATA into account.
  • After my product reached Amazon's warehouse, it was like 20th of December, and I figured it'd be wise (!) to wait until end of the year other than to try to rank and sell it for the limited time of 4 days. Some of the *limiting beliefs* that I adopted from other sources were:
  1. It's impossible to rank that easily on the first days unless you spend a zibillion of dollars on ads! Reality: my product ranked on page one on day 3 with only $20 PPC and a couple of friends' friends buying.
  2. People don't buy after xmas and sales on january are bad as hell! Reality: People DO buy between xmas and new year, and there are still people who buy on january, my product is still making on average 3-5 sales a day with ONLY ONE REVIEW. What matters is your differentiation on product and marketing.

Allright, that's all for now! I'll come back with more as I remember them :) Give a thumbs up to this post so that I'll be happy to help you!

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
Dear Forum!

Monthly Updates:
I kind of gave up on Amazon during February. I landed in a new job (to support my business) and the process just took all of my energy. Plus my listing got surpressed because of high defect rate. Because some customers (and I believe some competitors) were not using the product well so I had a lot of refunds. My listing was inactive for a week and that totally demotivated me..

Finally I am back, but because I haven't been optimizing my PPC campaigns, I lost a lot of $$$. And I also got some negative reviews so the sales decreased. Everything I was scared of happened :D Which means, THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER FROM NOW ON!

I now understand what they meant by ''You'll only learn to swim once you get into the water.'' These are my efforts of learning to swim, and I sure will soon.

From now on my updates' structure will be:
1.Updates
2. Lessons
3. 3 Monthly goals

Sooo, here comes 2) LESSONS:
  • I know that product search is sooooo boring, but 70-80% of success of Amazon FBA is about finding the right product. This means LOW COMPETITION & HIGH DEMAND. If you believe that you will smash the competition with your amazing differentiation, very nice. But next time also think about how the competition will try to F*ck with you.
  • EVERY SECOND YOU DON'T OPTIMIZE PPC, YOU ARE THROWING CASH TO THE TRASH.
  • You need CASH FLOW. Find it no matter it takes.
  • This is a LONG TERM GAME, don't expect short term results. The Universe will ask you constantly :How bad do you want it?
  • Update the F*cking forum.
  • The goal is to enjoy the process.

3) MONTHLY GOALS:
  1. Update my PPC every week and make it profitable.
  2. Reach 5+ sales per day.
  3. Search for a new product 10 minutes every day.

Thoughts, ideas, sharings??

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Sad to hear what you went through :(.
Thoughts, ideas, sharings??
It's a bit counter to what you've wrote (or maybe not):

I've read that independent sellers that do high amounts on Amazon professionally do a lot of tests of products.
Like 30 new products a month.

So rather finding "that one" product ,you go through many,
you weed out those unprofitable and you're maybe left with one or two that will generate nice profit.

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
Sad to hear what you went through :(.

It's a bit counter to what you've wrote (or maybe not):

I've read that independent sellers that do high amounts on Amazon professionally do a lot of tests of products.
Like 30 new products a month.

So rather finding "that one" product ,you go through many,
you weed out those unprofitable and you're maybe left with one or two that will generate nice profit.
yes you are absolutely right Kid....

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.